Arjen Robben is a Dutch football player who is known for his speed, agility, and mobility. FC Bayern Munich (which has won many national championships) and the Netherlands national football team are the teams where he plays. He is usually found playing on the right-wing, although he does have powerful left footwork. Arjen plays as an attacking midfielder. In the sports fraternity, he is currently regarded as one of the best footballers. The fans appreciate his speed and technique in maneuvering the ball forward, quickly turning around to the center, and then giving the ball one last shot.
Argen began his professional football career with FC Groningen before transferring to PSV Eindhoven. Following his playing career, he played for Chelsea FC, where he won two consecutive Premier League titles. Following that, he went on to play for Real Madrid CF, where he helped the team win the La Liga title his first year there. Afterward, he joined Bayern Munich FC, for which he won the Bundesliga and the DFB-Pokal. He scored the winning goal in the 2006 World Cup to lead the Netherlands team to victory.
Arjen Robben Bio/Wiki[table id=2703 /]
Robben was born on the 23rd of January, 1984 to Hans Robben and Marjo Robben in Bedum (one of Groningen’s largest satellite towns) in the northeastern region of the Netherlands. He is very close to his father, who is both his manager and agent. In addition to negotiating and signing contracts, he also helps him with business matters.
Argen’s mother supports the cause of education for youth as a public speaker. Groningen, Netherlands is known as the home of Eurosonic Noorderslag, which is a festival held every year.
As a teenager, he studied at Technical Grammar School and became interested in soccer at an early age, so his parents sent him to the best soccer school in the area. As a child, Argen participated in many junior soccer activities and became the youngest child to master the Coerver Coaching Technique.
His amazing soccer skills and talent led to him being selected to the FC Groningen club, and he started playing professionally for them when he was just eight years old.
Arjen and Bernadien Eillert married on 9th June 2007 and were blessed with three children – Luka, Kai, and Lynn. Currently, they reside in Munich, Germany with their children. When Arjen is not playing football, he loves to spend time with his family and he is a doting father and a good husband.
Roberts has taken part in several charity games in support of the ‘Kits for the World’ charitable organization, which seeks to help children and adults by providing them with basic equipment to help them develop their skills.
Ronaldo and Zidane have regularly hosted charity football matches he has actively participated in.
Arjen Robben Net Worth
Arjen Robben has a net worth of $90 million dollars.[table id=2704 /]
Robben is an avid car collector who owns many luxury vehicles. His most prominent vehicle is the $150,000 BMW 6 Series 645i Convertible. In addition to that, he owns a $58,500 Audi A5 2014- Luxury Edition and an Audi Q7. Robben owns a luxurious house in a posh neighborhood in Munich. It features a garden with an outside sitting area, all the modern amenities, and an exquisite design.
A professional footballer’s net worth is largely determined by the endorsements he receives. Arjen Robben is sponsored by companies such as Adidas, Audi, and EA Sports FIFA. He has appeared in Adidas advertisements, promoting primarily the F50 Athletic shoe. Adidas’s Impossible Team Commercial featured Kaka, Zinedine Zidane, David Beckham, Oliver Kahn, etc.
Robben has a special edition Audi A1 tailored to his specifications. He also appeared in an EA Sports FIFA 19 promotional video promoting player ratings. In addition to this, he owns a home in Pauanui, New Zealand. Upon retirement, he dreams of creating a museum in his home with the awards, boots, and jerseys from his glittering career.
The Netherlands is where Robben currently resides. For charity auctions, Arjen Robben has donated different signed, match-worn, match-issued shirts from throughout his career to Charitystars and United Charity. Cancer, AIDS, Wildlife, Nutrition, etc. are among the causes they work for. “Groningen Swim Challenge” is an annual event that raises cancer awareness. Robben swam 8 kilometers in 2020.
In less than 100 minutes, he completed the challenge as an ambassador for the program. Additionally, Robben has participated in charity matches organized by FC Bayern Hilife eV. The organization supports education, training, and sports facilities for needy people. He donated an artificial grass pitch to his hometown of Bedum in 2003 for its football development called the Cruyff Court. A pitch was previously provided to him by the Cruyff Foundation in recognition of his outstanding football performance.
Robben began playing professionally in December 2000 for the Dutch club FC Groningen. The 2000-2001 season saw him score two goals and he was also named player of the year for the first time. In 46 matches, he scored eight goals, so he made a huge impact throughout his time with the team.
He moved to PSV Eindhoven football club in 2002 for euro 3.9 million, scoring twelve goals in 33 matches for the 2002-2003 season. In his first season, he won the title of ‘PSV Co-Player of the Year’ with striker Mateja Kezman and even won the prize of ‘Talented Player of the Year’. As a result of his efforts, the Dutch won their 17th title. During his time with the club, he played 56 matches and scored 18 goals.
- By 2003, Robben was one of the most promising footballers in the world and created a lot of interest among football clubs. He was transferred to Chelsea, who paid PSV 18 million pounds.
- In November 2004, he began playing competitively for them and developed into a fast attacking player.
- A strange growth appeared on one of his testicles during his time with the club and he reported it to the club doctors. Despite being tested for testicular cancer, the doctors concluded that he was completely healthy and there was nothing to worry about.
- It was in November 2004 that he was named FA Premier League Player of the Month. In addition to winning the Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006 consecutively as well as the League Cup, FA Community Shield, and FA Cup, Robben played a crucial role in the club’s successes.
- In 67 appearances for Chelsea, he scored 15 goals, earning him the title of ‘Man of the Match’ on 23rd December 2006 when he scored the winning goal against Wigan Athletic.
On 22nd August 2007, Arjen signed a contract of 5 years with Real Madrid for 35 million pounds. With him, the club went on to win the UEFA Champions League against SV Werder Bremen football team on 18th September, 2007 and the La Liga title against Barcelona on 7th May 2008. A total of eleven goals were scored by him in fifty games for the team.
- Bayern Munich paid 25 million pounds to Real Madrid for Robben’s transfer in 2009. Playing for them for ten seasons (2009-2017), he has played in 168 matches and scored around 90 goals.
- The team won the Bundesliga title six times and the DFB Pokal twice under his guidance. In 2010, Robben was named German Footballer of the Year. In addition, his team won the Champions League twice and the FIFA Club World Cup once.
Netherlands National Team
With the national team of the Netherlands, Arjen has enjoyed a very successful international career. He has played 92 times for the Netherlands national team and scored 33 goals. He has represented the Netherlands at the Euro 2004, World Cup of 2006, Euro 2008, and 2010 Euro and World Cup. It was his performance that helped his team reach the finals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Facts About Arjen Robben
- Arjen started playing football at a very young age.
- While playing for Groningen in the 2000-2001 Eredivisie season, he won the Player Of The Year award.
- Robben joined Real Madrid in 2007 for a fee of $49.5 million.
- Two Premier League titles were won by Arjen with FC Chelsea.
- He was transferred to Bayern Munich in August 2009.
- After scoring the winning goal in the final match of his first season with Bayern, he won the UEFA Champions League trophy. That same year, he won the Bundesliga as well.
- Robben ranked fourth on The Guardian’s list of the “Best Football Players of 2014.”
- He became the captain of the Netherlands national football team on August 28, 2015.
- With Serbian striker Mateja Kezman, he formed a deadly combination while playing for club PSV. The fans began calling them “Batman and Robben”.
- He was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2004 after he discovered an unfamiliar growth on one of his testicles. Thankfully, no further complications were found.
- Arjen is quite good at chess as well.
- Robben does not use social media.
Having retired from football for the second time, former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben announced his retirement from football at the age of 37. Before leaving to join Real Madrid, Robben was a key member of Jose Mourinho’s first Chelsea squad and won the Premier League twice between 2004 and 2007.
Robben played for Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich, and won a league title in every country where he played.
The Flying Dutchman
The Man of Glass
Arjen Robben has announced his retirement from professional football for the second time. He decided to come out of retirement last June to play in the Dutch Eredivisie for boyhood club FC Groningen.
Furthermore, he played for PSV Eindhoven, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich, scoring 37 goals in 96 international appearances. While he won La Liga in his first season with Real Madrid, it was at Bayern Munich that he showed his best form.