Sergio Busquets Burgos is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder and is the captain of both the La Liga club Barcelona and the Spain national team. There can be no doubt that he is one of the best defensive midfielders of all time as he is an excellent deep-lying playmaker capable of directing gameplay through short and calm passes. As a one-club man, he was drafted into Barcelona’s first team in July 2008 and has made over 600 appearances so far.
He has been a part of their squads that won the triple treble of La Liga, Copa del Rey, and the UEFA Champions League in 2008-09 and 2014-2015. In April 2009, Busquets was capped for Spain for the first time, and he has since made more than 130 appearances for the national team. It was he who helped his country to win the World Cup and Euro 2012 tournaments in 2010, and he also appeared at two other World Cups and as many European Championships.
Sergio Busquets Bio/Wiki
The Full Story of Football Genius is presented here by WoodGram, who is best known by his nickname: “El Pulpo”. In addition, Sergio Busquets Childhood Memories, as well as Untold Biography Facts, provides the reader with a complete account of notable events that happened to him since he was a child.
This analysis includes his life story before fame, his family background, his relationship life, and many other OFF-Pitch facts (little known) about him.
There is no doubt that everyone knows about his style of play at FC Barcelona. His loyalty to one club is similar to Xavi Iniesta, Claudio Marchisio, and Ciro Immobile, who have all been loyal to their respective clubs.
In spite of that, not many fans are familiar with Sergio Busquet’s biography, which is quite interesting. So without further ado, let’s get down to business. His mother, Loli Burgos, and father, Caries Busquets, welcomed Sergio Busquets Burgos into this world on the 16th day of July 1988.
He was born into a family of footballers who hailed from a second-generation footballing family. As a child, he played football with his brother Aitor Busquets during their childhood years in the city of Sabadell of Barcelona.
Ca’ es’ father was a footballer, a former goalkeeper for the club Barcelona who stayed at the club for several years during the 1900s, although he was mostly used as a backup goalkeeper.
As long as Sergio’s father has always wanted his little boy to follow in his footsteps, he has been destined to become a footballer. His determination to become a professional player like his dad was not a passing fantasy.
Sergio Agüero Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
During his time at FC Barcelona, his father, Caries Busquets, endured being used as a second-choice goalkeeper for many years while he was a steadfast goalkeeper.
Charles made sure his son Sergio started his career at a lower level of the youth academy after losing out on the chance to compete for the starting goalkeeper spot in Barca’s first team. In order to ensure that little Sergio had less competition, the goal was to ensure he would rise to the top in the future.
In the year 1995, at the age of 7 years old, Busquets started his football career with the local club Badia. In 1996, following a season spent with CEF Barbera Andalucia, he moved to CEF Barbera Andalucia where he stayed for three years. The following year, Sergio then joined the academy of UE Lleida due to his father’s frustrating decision to leave FC Barcelona.
It was for the professional reasons of his father, Carles, that Sergio arrived at the Lleida football academy. An individual who has been frustrated by Louis van Gaal (former FC Barcelona coach). Van Gaal ran out of patience with him and thus forced him to leave Barga to sign for Lleida instead.
I think it is pertinent to note that Jose Mourinho was the assistant coach of FC Barcelona when Caries left the club. Busquets went to Lleida with his whole family, including Sergio, who had to leave his former youth club, UniO Esportiva Barbera in order to play at Lleida where he spent three years.
As a youngster, Sergio Busquets rose above all the rest. In his age group, he became the club’s best youth player as he led the team to win a major trophy as a player.
Sergio Busquets, after his father retired from football at Lleida in 2002, also felt uncomfortable at the club feeling that there was nothing else to fight for, hence the need to move to higher levels of youth football in Barcelona.
During the 2003 season, he got a transfer to the Jabac Terrassa’s side. During the following two years, he was at the club’s academy. La Masia, FC Barcelona’s academy, is where I was scouted before being accepted. It’s the rest, as they say, that’s history now.
It is believed that behind every great man there is a great woman, or so the saying goes. It is also known that behind almost every successful footballer from FC Barcelona there is a glamorous girlfriend or wag such as Elena Galera Moron.
Sergio Busquets is currently unmarried as of the time of writing this article. This could be due to some personal reasons. Nevertheless, he has been in a long-term relationship with his partner Elena Galera Moron, whom he met three years ago.
Since they met, their relationship has continued to flourish ever since. While most of his FC Barcelona teammates were getting married, Sergio, who is a millionaire at the age of 30 (time of writing) refused to marry but instead decided to have a family.
As of the 8th day of March 2016, Sergio and Elena welcomed their first child, a son, whom they named Enzo. The picture below shows little Enzo looking very sharp with his parents.
For Sergio Busquet’s family, one of the most special moments comes during trophy celebrations, when both Elina and Enzo join Sergio with the rest of the FC Barcelona family and share in the moment. It is common for Sergio Busquets and his family to take vacations with their dogs after the celebration of a trophy or the completion of a season.
Regarding their dogs, it is pertinent to mention that the couple has two dwarf bulldogs in their care. They have been given the names Minnie and Lily.
It would be easy for you to realize something if you put your mind to it. The dog that is pictured above has a striking resemblance to this one. I compared it with the one seen in the earlier picture of the Sergio Busquets family. FC Barcelona players have a similarity to dogs, which is very common among them. Additionally, in April last year, both Sergio and Elina announced on social media that they were expecting a second child.
Sergio Ramos Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Education, Net Worth & Wiki
It is interesting to note that this particular fact gives us a glimpse into Sergio Busquet’s family history, which could include elements of Arabic origin. It is all thanks to the Arabic tattoo on his left forearm. Here is what Sergio Busquet’s Arabic tattoo means:
“A thing for you, the life I have in my country”,
His tattoo is dedicated to the memory of his maternal grandfather, with whom he was very close before he passed away.
According to the photos on the internet, Sergio’s lanky appearance resembles that of an Arabian in appearance. Sergio Busquets has always been a mystery to people wondering where he gets his energy from considering his lanky frame.
The lanky legs and hands of Sergio Busquets are always put to good use off the ball, as well as on it. It is evident from the fact that he has the ability to cover ground surprisingly quickly. During play, the opposing runner will be permanently engaged, putting them to a permanent halt.
In recent years, football players have found it increasingly hard to gauge just how large Sergio’s hand circumference is when blocking and tackling. Sergio Busquets is quite versatile when it comes to the pitch of play. It is his role as a midfielder that he brings tranquility and a great defense cover to the team.
The reason he was offered the football jersey by Caries Puyol at the time of his retirement is because of his ability to provide great cover on the pitch.
There is no doubt that a mistake from Sergio Busquets has left the defense of his team in ruins. Sergio’s ability to read the game makes it easy for him to make priceless interceptions because of his ability to read the game. If you want to replace a Spaniard with a like-for-like replacement, it’s always hard to do so.
Florian Neuhaus Biography, Age, Height, Family, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Sergio Busquets Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
As of September 2018, the defensive midfielder has signed a contract with FC Barcelona that will pay him an impressive salary of 20 Million Euros (16.7 Million Pound) per year. We have crunched the numbers, and this means that he earns €54,945 (£45,879) per day and €2,289 (£1,911) per hour.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)|| $45 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||20 Million Euros (16.7 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€1,666,666 (£1,391,666)|
|Per Week Salary||€384,615 (£321,153)|
|Per Day Salary||€54,945 (£45,879)|
|Per Hour Salary||€2,289 (£1,911)|
|Per Minute Salary||€38 (£31.8)|
|Current Contract||With FC Barcelona|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2008|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$88.00 Million|
|Market Value||$9.90 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$88.00 Million (Jan 1, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
In addition to being a graduate of La Masia, FC Barcelona’s legendary academy, the Spanish midfielder is a Royals fan. He is regarded as one of the best midfielders of his generation, nicknamed The Octopus because of his unique ability to read the opposition’s play and intercept it. During his career which has spanned over a decade, he has accumulated a net worth estimated at between $45 million dollars. Despite the fact he has a market value of $9.90 million, he is invaluable to the way Barça does business, and the Spanish giants have placed a release clause of €500 million on the Spaniard.
Sergio Busquets In FIFA 2022
At the time of writing, Sergio Busquets is 33 years old and plays for FC Barcelona as a Defensive Midfielder. According to FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 84 with a potential score of 84. In terms of skill moves, Sergio Busquets has received a 3-star rating. When it comes to shooting, he prefers to use his right foot. His work rates are Medium / Medium. According to our database, Sergio Busquets’s height is 189 cm and his weight is calculated to be 76 kg. As of right now, Sergio Busquets is playing with the number 5 jersey.
Sergio Busquets FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|68||Heading Accuracy||68||FK Accuracy|
|87||Short Passing||85 ||Long Passing|
Ben Wallace Career, Net Worth, NBA Career, Age, Personal Life, Quick Facts & Wiki
Club Career – A Wonderful Journey With Barcelona
- Having grown up in Sabadell, Barcelona, he began playing football with a local team CD Badia del Vallès in 2005 and went on to play for CEF Barberà Andalucia, Lleida, and UFB Jàbac Terrassa before making his way into the Barcelona youth system in 2006.
- Two years later, Busquets was promoted to the B team under Pep Guardiola, where he helped the team reach promotion to the third division after he had scored seven goals in 26 games for the Juvenil A team in his second season.
- The following season, he would make his first-team debut, coming on as a substitute against Barcelona in the Copa Catalunya.
- In his first La Liga match, Busquets played 90 minutes in a 1–1 home draw with Racing Santander on 13 September 2008.
- He scored the second goal in the 15th minute of Barcelona’s 5–0 win over Basel in the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League group stage on 22 October 2008.
- In another appearance, he scored again in 83rd minute in a 2–3 loss at home against Shakhtar Donetsk in early December.
- Busquets signed a contract extension until 2013 with an 80 million euro buyout clause on 22 December 2008.
- He scored his first league goal in a 2–0 win over Athletic Bilbao on 7 March 2009.
- He was regularly played, as he competed for the spot with internationals Seydou Keita and Yaya Touré.
- In the Champions League final, Barcelona defeated Manchester United 2–0 in Rome; with that win, Sergio Busquets and Carles Busquets became just the third father-and-son tandem to both win Europe’s top club competition.
- Busquets’ excellent form continued throughout the 2009–10 campaign, with Guardiola preferring him to Touré as Barcelona’s central holding midfielder.
- As a result of Thiago Motta appearing to push him directly in the face as he raised his arm during the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Inter Milan at Camp Nou on 28 April 2010, Busquets went down to the ground.
- This action resulted in the former being shown a red card and dismissed for violent conduct, while the latter was subsequently criticized both by Motta and the media for seemingly feigning injury.
- It was Busquets who was ever-present in 2010–11, even playing at times as a center-back.
- The buyout clause was increased to €150 million in his contract extension signed on 27 January 2011.
- Barcelona beat Arsenal 3–1 (and 4–3 on aggregate) in the Champions League round-of-16, when he scored an own goal from a corner kick while playing at center back.
- Busquets played the entire match for Barcelona in their 3–1 Champions League final victory over Manchester United at Wembley Stadium on 28 May.
- During the second leg of the Champions League semi-finals against Chelsea, Busquets scored a rare goal on 24 April 2012 – only his sixth official goal in four years – converting from an Isaac Cuenca cross to make it 1–0 for the hosts.
- Barcelona could only draw 2–2 against ten men after the English club rallied from a 0–2 deficit; his team lost 2–3 on aggregate after already losing 1–0 in the first leg at Stamford Bridge.
- On his 25th birthday, 16 July 2013, Busquets signed a new contract until 2018, with the buyout clause remaining unchanged.
- In August 2014, following the retirement of longtime club captain and defender Carles Puyol, he was named one of four club captains alongside Xavi, Andres Iniesta, and Lionel Messi.
- As the team won its fifth Champions League title by defeating Juventus 3–1 at Berlin’s Olympiastadion on 6 June, Busquets took part in the final.
- Barcelona became the first club in history to win the domestic league, domestic cup, and European Cup twice, and only Dani Alves, Busquets, Andrés Iniesta, Lionel Messi, Pedro, Gerard Piqué, and Xavi all achieved the same feat.
- In the absence of both Iniesta and Messi, Busquets led Barcelona for the first time in a 1–2 loss to Sevilla on 3 October 2015.
- Due to the ongoing Catalan independence referendum, Busquets opened the scoring in a 3–0 win over Las Palmas on 1 October 2017.
- After a year, he signed a new contract with an increase in the buyout clause of €200 million to €500 million.
- Atlético Madrid was his 500th game with Barcelona on 24 November, and he made his 100th Champions League appearance against Tottenham Hotspur on 11 December.
- In the Los Cármenes on 9 January 2021, Busquets made his 600th appearance for Barcelona in a 4–0 win against Granada.
- In the history of the club, only Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi played more matches than him. Upon Messi’s departure to Paris Saint-Germain FC, he became the club captain.
Gerard Piqué Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Parents, Net Worth & Wiki
- In Spain’s first leg away match against Switzerland in the 2009 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship qualification play-offs, Busquets earned his first cap for Spain’s under-21 side.
- In the 17th minute of a 1–2 loss, he scored, though they ultimately won on aggregate 4–3.
- In a 2–1 win over Colombia on 28 December, he played his first game for the Catalan national team.
- Busquets was called up to the senior squad for a friendly against England on 11 February 2009.
- He made his debut in the return match on 1 April, playing 16 minutes in a 2–1 win in Istanbul after replacing David Silva in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Turkey on 28 March 2009.
- In the summer, he participated in his first senior tournament, helping Spain finish third at the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in South Africa.
- Assuming the holding midfielder role occupied by naturalized Brazilian Marcos Senna in the conquest of UEFA Euro 2008, Busquets was selected by manager Vicente del Bosque for the 2010 World Cup in the same country.
- Aside from the final 30 minutes of the team’s 0–1 group-stage loss to Switzerland in Durban, he played all of the tournament’s games and minutes for the eventual world champions.
- As a teammate of Puyol, he finished the tournament with a pass success rate of 88%, which placed him third in the tournament.
- As Spain won UEFA Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine, Busquets played every minute and was named to the tournament’s Team of the Tournament.
- During the Euro 2016 qualifying phase, he scored his first international goal against Macedonia on 8 September 2014.
- His second came during the same tournament on 15 November, when he defeated Belarus 3–0 in Huelva. He was then selected for the final tournament in France.
- In the 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Israel on 9 October 2017, Busquets made his 100th appearance for Spain.
- He was subsequently named to Julen Lopetegui’s squad for the finals in Russia.
- As Ramos was on the bench, Busquets captained the Spanish for the first time in a goalless friendly draw against Portugal on 7 October 2020.
- Luis Enrique included him in his 24-man squad for UEFA Euro 2020 the following May. He was named captain in Ramos’ absence. The entire squad has withdrawn from their final warm-up match against Lithuania after he tested positive for COVID-19 eight days before Spain’s first game.
- Having missed the first two games of the group, in which both teams were drawn, he returned for the third game, in which he was voted man of the match by UEFA after beating Slovakia 5–0.
- In his team’s 5–3 extra-time victory over Croatia in the round of 16, Busquets was again named player of the match.
- With Spain’s first penalty kick of the penalty shootout against Switzerland in the quarter-finals, he hit the post, but his team prevailed.
- Against France in the final on 10 October, he once set up Mikel Oyarzabal, who scored the opening goal, though Spain ultimately lost 2–1.
- Busquets won the Hisense Player of the Finals award for his performance in the 2021 UEFA Nations League Finals.
How to choose wholesale kid clothing vendors for your dropshipping business
Facts About Sergio Busquets
- Carles Busquets, Busquets’ father, was also a footballer. During the 1990s, he played for Barcelona as a goalkeeper, though almost exclusively as a backup.
- Busquets began dating Elena Galera in 2014. The couple has two sons, born in 2016 and 2018.
- A tattoo on his left forearm translated to “A thing for you, the life in my country” was dedicated to his maternal grandfather to whom he was very close.
- Busquets is generally deployed as either a central midfielder or a defensive midfielder, but is also capable of playing as a central defender. He is one of the top midfielders of his generation and one of the greatest holding midfielders of all time.
- A hard-working player, he excels at intercepting loose balls and breaking down opposing plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, tackling ability, tactical intelligence, and ability to read the game, despite his lack of speed.
- As a deep-lying playmaker with his short passing ability, he has also played an important part in setting the tempo of his team’s midfield through his vision, ball control, physical prowess, technical skills, and calm composure.
- He has also been compared to a Methodist (“center-half” in Italian football jargon), due to his ability to guide the play in midfield and assist his team defensively.
- Due to his position and playing style, he has been compared to his former manager and fellow former Spain and Barcelona player, Pep Guardiola.
- Del Bosque praised Busquets, saying, “You will not see Busquets if you watch the whole game. Watch Busquets, and you will see Busquets.”.
- The latter’s height also allows him to be effective in the air and to advance into more offensive positions on occasion, providing an additional offensive outlet for the team.
- In the past, Busquets has been accused of play-acting due to his tendency to exaggerate fouls.
- In response to these criticisms, he defended his behavior as intelligent, citing the complexity of the game.
- He is often considered one of the most underrated footballers in the world, with former club teammate Messi saying, “When there is trouble, Busquets will always be there.”
Luka Modrić Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Awards, Net Worth & Wiki
Is Sergio Busquets married?
In 2014, Busquets started a relationship with Elena Galera. They have two sons born in 2016 and 2018.
Is Busquets Arabic?
Sergio Busquets is A Spanish footballer – who plays for FC Barcelona – who is often seen kissing his left inner arm during football matches.
How tall is Sergio Busquets?
How old is Sergio Busquets?
What does Sergio Busquets tattoo mean?
Sergio Busquets has an Arabic tattoo on his left forearm which translates to “A thing for you, the life in my country”. The tattoo is dedicated to his maternal grandfather, with whom he was close.
Where is Sergio Busquets now?
- FC Barcelona
- Spain national football team
A look at Sergio Busquets’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Sergio Busquets in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Sergio Busquets’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Spanish Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Sergio Busquets, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Spanish Football Stories from WoodGram.
Richard Hilton Net Worth, Age, Height, Weight, Education, Career, Personal Life & Wiki