Sergey Brin is a business mogul, computer engineer, and American entrepreneur. He was a co-founder of Google alongside Larry Page. Brin was the president of Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company, until 3rd December, 2019, when he stepped down. He & Page are co-founders, majority stakeholders, board members, as well as executives of Alphabet.
Brin received his bachelor’s degree from University of Maryland, where he studied mathematics & computer science. He went on to Stanford University to pursue a PhD degree in computer science following graduation. He met Page there, and the two collaborated on web search engine. They put their PhD studies on hold to launch Google after the concept became popularized at Stanford.
Sergey Brin Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Sergey Mikhaylovich Brin|
|Age||50 years (as in 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Moscow, Russia|
|Date of Birth||21 August 1973|
|Residence||Los Altos, California|
|Home Town||Moscow, Russia|
|Mother’s Name||Eugenia Brin|
|Father’s Name||Michael Brin|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Anne Wojcicki (2007–2015)|
Nicole Shanahan (2018-present)
|College/University||University of Maryland|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics & Computer Science|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in Centimeter – 173 cm|
in Meter – 1.73 m
in Feet & Inches – 5″6′
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg |
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||39 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Russian|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Favourite Books||Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! ‘: Adventures of a Curious Character|
How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading
|Favourite Sports||Roller hockey|
Sergey Brin Education & Early Life
Sergey Brin was born in Moscow, Russia, on 21st August 1973. Sergey & his family fled Russia while Sergey was just six years old to avoid Jewish oppression. His father was employed as a math university professor at University of Maryland, and they finally settled in Maryland.
Sergey had an exceptional talent for solving arithmetic problems from an early age, which is somewhat unsurprising. His father schooled him at house, where he developed his son’s analytical talents and fostered a passion for computers in him.
Sergey Brin enrolled in a computer science major programme at Stanford University after finishing college in May 1993. He met fellow graduate Larry Page during a student orientation event. This friendship would eventually prove to be one that would permanently transform the face of the World Wide Web. The couples had a difficult time forming a bond at first.
Page was the one who came up with the notion for a new technique to evaluate the effectiveness of a site by looking at its external links. Larry started working on a dissertation to explain a novel approach of scanning the web as component of his PhD thesis.
Sergey ultimately started working on the thesis with Page. They quickly built BackRub, the first search engine that use backlinks to determine the popularity and value of a website. They established Google not long after.
Sergey Brin Net Worth
Sergey Brin’s net worth is estimated to be around $83.4 billion as of 2023.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$83.4 billion|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$109.8 billion|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$97.25 billion|
|Annual Salary||Not Available|
|Income Source||Stake at Google |
Stake at Tesla
Sergey built his fortune as a co-founder of Google & Alphabet, the parent corporation of Google. Sergey Brin owns around 6% of Alphabet. Brin holds Alphabet Class B as well as Class C stock, comprising 19 million Class C Alphabet stocks. He also owns shares in both Tesla & 23andMe. Back in 2006, Larry & Sergey joined a $40 million funding round in Tesla.
In terms of real estate Sergey purchased a 3,500 square-foot condo in West Village, New York City for $8.5 million in 2008. He also has a big mansion in Los Altos Hills in California. In 2011, he invested $80 million for the Dragonfly, a 73-meter yacht. Together with Larry Page, he possesses a customised Boeing 767-200 as well as a Dornier Alpha Jet. The Google co-founder’s have also spent $82 million in 2014 to construct their private airport in the San Jose City.
Sergey Brin House
|30,000-square-foot mansion in Alpine, NJ||$48.88 million|
|Los Altos Hills||$8.5 million|
|Penthouse in West Village, New York City||$11.5 million|
Sergey Brin Car Collection
|Tesla Model X Crossover SUV||$150,000|
|Boeing 767-200||$12 million|
|Dornier Alpha Fighter Jet||$12 million|
|Gulfstream G650ER (N232G)||$70 million|
|Dragonfly||US$ 80 million|
- Sergey Brin befriended Larry Page shortly after arriving at Stanford University. The thought of improving the capacity to derive meaning from the massive amounts of data collecting on the Internet piqued their interest.
- They started working on a new form of search technology from Page’s dorm room, one that relied on Web users’ own rating capabilities by measuring each site’s backing links, or the amount of other pages connected to it.
- Brin earned a master’s degree by 1995, but he took a break from his doctoral studies at Stanford to work on the web search engine.
- Page and Brin started to seek outside funding in mid-1998, and they eventually secured around $1 million from financiers as well as family and friends.
- They renamed their revised search engine Google—a typo of the previously intended name, googol and formed Google Inc. to host it.
- By mid-1999, after Google secured $25 million in financing, Brin had become the company’s president of innovation & technology, and the Google search engine was handling 500,000 requests per day.
- In 2001, Google’s chief executive officer was replaced by innovation & technology executive officer Eric Schmidt.
- Google, on the other hand, was effectively headed by the three of Brin & Page, along with Schmidt. By 2004, the site had been accessed 200 million times per day.
- Google Inc. conducted its first public offering (IPO) on 19th August 2004, garnering Sergey Brin over $3.8 billion in net worth.
- Google paid $1.65 billion in equity to purchase YouTube. The move was in line with the company’s ambitions to broaden its offerings beyond online searches.
- That year, Google was condemned for deciding to cooperate with Chinese government censoring demands, such as censoring pro-democracy Web sites. Brin supported the move, claiming that providing some, if limited, knowledge was preferable to providing none.
- Brin stepped down as president of innovation & technology in April 2011 to be become the director of special projects at Google. I
- n August 2015, Google was restructured into a subsidiary of Alphabet Corporation, a newly formed holding company led by Brin.
- Brin was the president of Alphabet before he departed the position in December 2019, but remained on Alphabet’s board of directors.
- Brin and his family immigrated to the United States from Soviet Union in 1979.
- Brin’s mother worked for NASA, while his father was a mathematician.
- Larry Page and Brin met at the Stanford University around 1995.
- Sergey Brin was the youngest member onForbes 400 listing of the world’s wealthiest individuals in 2004.
- In 2007, Brin married Anne Wojcicki.
- In December 2019, both Larry Page and Sergey Brin resigned as CEO and President of Google at the same time.
- Brin has given more than $100 million to Parkinson’s disease research.
- Sergey introduced Google Glass, a cutting-edge means to communicate information.
- With his former wife Anne Wojcicki, he manages the Brin Wojcicki Foundation.
- Wojcicki, Brin’s ex-wife, co-founded 23andMe, a famous genetic screening firm.
- Sergey Brin graduated with honours from University of Maryland’s Computer Science Department in 1993 at the age of 19.
- Before discovering the PageRank algorithm’s value as the foundation for an enhanced search engine, Brin and Page collaborated to create it.
Google was founded by Larry Page & Sergey Brin.
After stepping down as the President of Alphabet, Google parent firm, Brin serves as the board of directors of the company. He also invests in other start-ups & companies like Tesla.
Sergey Brin started Google with Larry Page.
The origins of Google begins with the birth of a concept, Larry Page’s concept of a Web search engine that could rank URLs. Larry Page invited Sergey Brin to assist him in his research, and the two of them went on to start Google.
As of March 2023, Larry Page has a net worth of $123 billion whereas Brin has a net worth of $83.4 billion. So, technically, Larry is richer as of 2023.
Brin is 1.73 m 0r 5 feet 6 inches tall.
Brin attended the University of Maryland & Stanford University.
Google co-founder Brin is 50 years old.
Brin has two kids named Chloe & Benji.
Brin is currently married to his second wife Nicole Shanahan.
Brin went to Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Greenbelt, Maryland.
Forbes Magazine ranked Brin at 12th place in 2006.