Larry Page is an Internet entrepreneur and computer scientist from the United States. Along with Sergey Brin, he is best recognized as being one of the founders of Google. He is known for his contribution to search engine development.
Page was the CEO of Google from 1997 to 2001, and then from 2011 to 2015. In 2015, He became the CEO of Alphabet, a role he played until 4th December 2019. He is still a member of the Alphabet board of directors, an employee, and a majority shareholder.
Larry Page Bio/Wiki
Page was born in Lansing, Michigan, on 26th March 1973. Though Page grew up in a secular family, his mother is Jewish, and his maternal grandfather eventually relocated to Israel.
Page’s dad was a professor of computer science at Michigan State University, while his mom Gloria was a computer programming lecturer at the university’s Lyman Briggs College.
From the ages of two to seven, Page studied at the Okemos Montessori School in Okemos near Michigan. He graduated from East Lansing High School in 1991. For two summers, he entered Interlochen Center for the Arts, where he played the flute but primarily saxophone.
Page graduated with honours from the University of Michigan with a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering and a master’s degree in computer science at Stanford University. It is at Stanford where he met Sergey Bin and created Google.
Larry Page Net Worth
Larry Page has an estimated net worth of around $123 billion as of 2022.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$123 Billion|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$116 Billion|
|Annual Salary||Not Available|
|Income Source||Co-Founder of Google |
Google’s creation resulted in a tremendous quantity of money for Page. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, putting him the world’s fifth-richest person.
Larry Page House
Larry Page Car, Jet & Yacht Collection
- Larry Page enrolled in Stanford’s doctoral program, where he met Sergey Brin. The idea of improving the capability to remove sense from the massive amounts of data collected on the Internet piqued their interest.
- They invented a new form of search engine technology, operating out of Page’s dorm room, that relied on Web users’ own rating abilities by counting each site’s backing links, or the quantity of other pages linked to it.
- Brin and Page raised around $1 million with outside angel investors, relatives, and friends in effort to grow their search engine.
- Google was the name they gave to their extended search engine, which was formed from a misinterpretation of the term googol, a mathematical term used for 100th power.
- By September 1998, the two had established Google Inc., and Page serving as CEO. Google acquired a $25 million venture capital investment the next year and was handling 500,000 requests each day.
- In 2001, Page resigned as CEO to become the company’s president of technologies. Eric Schmidt, a technology executive, took over as CEO.
- He and Brin, on the other hand, remained deeply involved in the management of Google. The Google search engine was used 200 million times per day by 2004.
- Page received well over $3.8 billion from Google Inc.’s stock offering or IPO on 19th August 2004.
- Google bought YouTube, the most popular Online site for user-submitted video content, for $1.65 billion in shares in 2006, underscoring the company’s efforts to expand its offerings beyond Internet searches.
- Schmidt had moved to the post of executive chairman, therefore Page began his duties as Google’s CEO in 2011.
- In August 2015, Google was restructured as a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc., a newly formed holding company, while Page was named CEO of Alphabet.
- Page stepped down as CEO of Alphabet in December 2019, but remained on the board of directors.
Larry Page Quotes
- Larry was the first student in his primary school to turn in a word-processed project.
- He attended Okemos Montessori School before transferring to Easy Lansing High School. The University of Michigan then awarded him a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering.
- When Page was a student at the University of Michigan, he built an inkjet printer out of LEGO bricks.
- He has a medical ailment that is gradually robbing him of his capacity to talk.
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page met at Stanford University. During Spring Orientation, they were both PhD students.
- Page and Brin did not get along at first and argued the entire time, but they finally became friends.
- They collaborated on a research project that created the cornerstone for Google.
- The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine was the title of their project.
- Andy Bechtolsheim was the first person to invest $100,000 in Google.
- In 2007, Larry Page married Lucinda Southworth, the sister of actress Carrie Southworth. Their wedding was a grandiose event held on a Caribbean island.
What does Larry Page do now?
Larry is currently a major shareholder at Alphabet, Google’s holding company, and leads the board of directors at the company.
How did Larry Page get rich?
Larry Page gained most of his wealth by being the founder of the multibillion-dollar corporation Google.
Who are Larry Page children?
Larry has two kids and both of their names are unknown. His firstborn is a son and his second born’s gender is also unknown.
What does Larry Page do with his money?
Larry is an avid investor. He puts most of his wealth in emerging tech startups.