Salome Roy Kapur is a former Indian model, actress, and dancer. She currently manages her own dancing academy, trains models for fashion shows, conducts theatre productions and is a personality development trainer. Salome Roy is undoubtedly a woman of many abilities who has demonstrated her expertise in a variety of sectors throughout the years.
She is well known as the mother of the film industry’s prominent Roy brothers, Siddharth Roy Kapoor, Kunaal Roy Kapoor, and Aditya Roy Kapoor.
Salome Roy Kapur Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Salome Aaron|
|Nick Name||Salome Roy Kapur|
|Age||72 years (as in 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, India|
|Date of Birth||November 1951|
|Home Town||Mumbai, India|
|Mother's Name||Ruby Aaron (Dancer)|
|Father's Name||Sam Aaron (Dancer)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Kumud Roy Kapur|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Kumud Roy Kapur|
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Children||• Aditya Roy Kapur|
• Kunaal Roy Kapur
• Siddharth Roy Kapur
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||1.63 m|
|Weight (Approx.)||67 kgs|
|Actor||Aditya Roy Kapur|
Rakhi Sawant Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Husband, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
Salome Roy Kapur was born as ‘Solome Arone’ in a Bene Israeli household in November 1951. (age 72, as of 2023). Sam Aron and Ruby Aron, her parents, were both skilled dancers. They are, in fact, the first qualified ballroom dancers in India. During the 1940s, they were the first to bring Samba (a Brazilian dance genre) to India. Edwin Aron is her brother’s name. Kumud Roy Kapoor, a Punjabi ex-army officer, is her husband. Siddharth Roy Kapoor is a well-known producer, Kunaal Roy Kapoor is an actor and director, and Aditya Roy Kapoor is a leading actor in the Bollywood film business.
Salome Roy Kapur Husband
Kumud Roy Kapur married Salome Roy Kapur. Kumud is a Punjabi Hindu who served in the army. The pair allegedly met in a pub when Kumud was an army officer stationed in Kashmir.
Aditya Roy Kapur, Kunaal Roy Kapur, and Siddharth Roy Kapur are the couple’s three kids. Kunaal and Aditya, two of their sons, are well-known actors in Indian films. Siddharth, on the other hand, has established himself as a well-known producer. Similarly, Salome’s daughter-in-law is actress Vidya Balan, who is married to her son Siddharth.
Salome Roy Kapur began dancing at the age of five. She began learning Indian traditional and western dance genres as a kid. She began her modeling career alongside her brother in 1968. Salome Roy used to fly throughout the nation for modeling possibilities. She starred in a Cadbury TV commercial alongside her brother when she was 12 years old. After a year, she appeared in another Apsara Sarees TV commercial. She was a popular model throughout her career, and she was known for her ramp walk on several occasions. Salome Roy would also show off her dance abilities while walking down the ramp.
She won a beauty pageant in Spain in 1971. Her career took a turn in 1972 when she was crowned Miss India. Her first picture, “Tu Hi Meri Zindagi,” was released in 1965. After doing it, she realized she wasn’t cut out for acting, so she concentrated on her strengths. Salome Roy Kapur kept dancing and appearing in commercials. She has modeled for ITC Wills, Tata, Godrej, Cadbury, TBZ, Taj Mahal Tea, and several textile companies.
She went on to star in two more films, Ek Bechara (1972) and Black (2005). Despite this, she opted to become a choreographer due to her unrivaled passion for dancing. Her song “Main Shayar To Nahin” from the film “Bobby” is one of her most renowned works (1973). She has her own dance academy and teaches dancing and grooming courses at several educational institutions.
Brett Butler Net Worth, Age, Husband, Children, Personal Career, & Wiki
Salome Roy Kapur Net Worth
She has a net worth of approximately INR 15-20 crores as of 2023.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||INR 15-20 crores|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||INR 14-19 crores|
|Salary Per Year||INR 1-2 crores|
|Income Source||Professional Actresses|
• Century Mills
• Taj Mahal Tea
|Car Collection||Mercedes Benz S-Class|
|House Collection||In Mumbai|
Aaditi Pohankar Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Husband, Net Worth & Wiki
- Salome met her husband for the first time at a pub in Kashmir, according to reports. He was stationed there as an army officer at the time.
- She has directed plays for students at GD Somani Memorial School for many years. Her three boys have all graduated from this institution.
- In 2018, she choreographed the song “Bylamos” by Sarah Aroeste, a Judaeo-Spanish musician based in Manhattan.
- Her specialty is Western dancing genres such as ballroom dance, various Latin-American dances, tap dances, Spanish dances, and folk dances. She is also well-versed in Indian classical dance traditions such as Bharatanatyam, Kathak, and Kathakali. She is a gifted dancer who now runs her own dancing academy as well as seminars.
- In her seminars, she also conducts grooming sessions in which she discusses behavior, eating posture, habits, personality, the necessity of yoga and exercise, etiquette, nutrition, examining one’s good and bad characteristics, voice modulation, and many other topics.
- Her three kids were all pranksters from childhood, but because of their large age intervals, she was able to focus on one at a time.
- She and her husband keep up with Bollywood news and gossip in order to know what’s going on in their children’s lives and to discuss it with them.
- They get along well with their daughter-in-law, actress Vidya Balan. They all get together on weekends for supper.
She is 72 years old as of 2023.
She has 3 sons.
She is married to Kumud Roy Kapur.