Sakshi Dhoni is well-known as the better half of the former Indian cricket team captain, MS Dhoni. The cute petite girl from Dehradun came into the limelight only after tying the knot with the Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni. She is often caught on the camera traveling with her husband and her adorable daughter Ziva Dhoni. Right now, Sakshi is enjoying her glorious motherhood, parenting with her little baby, Ziva.
Sakshi Dhoni was born in a middle-class family on November 19, 1988, in Lekhapani, Tinsukia district, Assam, India. Her father’s name is R. K. Singh, and her mother’s name is Sheila Singh. She has a sister named Abhilasha Bisht and a brother named Akshay Singh.
Sakshi got married to the former Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, and the couple has a daughter named Ziva. She met Mahendra Singh Dhoni at the Taj Bengal Hotel, where she was doing an internship. The couple starting dating from March 2008 and got married on 4 July 2010. Her father-in-law’s name is Pan Singh, and her mother-in-law’s name is Devki Devi. Her brother-in-law Narendra Singh Dhoni is a politician, and her sister-in-law’s name is Jayanti Gupta.
Sakshi Dhoni Wiki/Bio[table id=1966 /]
Her family moved to Dehradun as her grandfather was working there as a divisional forest officer. She grew up at Dehradun along with her brother Akshay and sister Abhilasha. Sakshi received her pre-primary education at Lekhapani. Anushka Sharma, a famous actress of this time, has been Shakshi’s classmate.
Sakshi continued her education at Welham Girls School in Dehradun and later completed her schooling from Jawahar Vidya Mandir in Ranchi. She holds a degree in hotel management from the Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad.
Sakshi Dhoni Net Worth[table id=1967 /]
- Sakshi was seen sitting alongside Vindoo Dara Singh during the IPL matches in 2013, which emerged contention about her being Vindoo’s accessory in the spot-fixing outrage.
- In 2016, a man named Dennis Arora filed a case against Sakshi and three others namely Arun Pandey, Shubhawati Pandey, and Pratima Pandey for their alleged involvement in a multi-crore fraud. She was the director of Rhiti MSD Alamode Pvt. Ltd which had stocks in the Gym and fitness center called Sportsfit World. Dennis’s father had the 39 % stake at the gym, which was worth Rs. 11 crores and was sold to MSD Alamode Pvt. Ltd. Dennis alleged that his father was only paid Rs. 2.5 crores. However, according to Arun Pandey, Sakshi had already left the company a year ago.
- In 2018, Sakshi was trolled for wearing Manish Malhotra’s lehenga at her friend’s, Poorna Patel’s marriage. Many of her friends supported her while a lot of people termed her dress as ‘inappropriate:
- In the year 2018, a photo of Sakshi with her husband went viral where Mahendra Singh Dhoni was seen tying her shoelaces with a caption, “You paid for the shoe, you tie them too.” However, she faced immediate reactions from people on social media. The people started trolling her and said that she was nothing without Dhoni and her celebrity status was all because of him. In response, Sakshi posted another photo showing Mahendra Singh Dhoni trying to screw her bracelet, with the caption, “you paid for the band, so you screw it too;’ shutting down all the haters.
Love Story of Sakshi & MSD
Sakshi met Dhoni at ‘Taj Bengal’ where she was pursuing her hotel management internship, in 2007. Interestingly, both Dhoni and Sakshi studied at the same school in Ranchi. However, Sakshi was his junior and hence they had never met during their school time. Another interesting but not a well-known fact is that their respective fathers were colleagues at Mecon Limited.
Their actual love story is a little bit different than in the biopic of MSD shown. They did meet at the Taj Bengal, as shown in the film, but they were introduced to each other by the manager and their common friend, Yudhajit Dutta. Dutta had organized a farewell party for Sakshi as it was her last day of internship. Before throwing the party, Dutta had invited Dhoni too, and that’s how they first met.
Dhoni took her number from Dutta and started texting her. Sakshi ignored the messages initially, thinking that it was a prank played by one of her friends, but was completely awestruck when she came to know the truth. They eventually fall into a romantic relationship.
Sakshi attended his birthday party the same year. Since Dhoni could not spend much time with her due to his preoccupation with friends, he drove her back to her place to make up for it. They thoroughly enjoyed their courtship and also somehow managed to keep it a secret. Sakshi and Dhoni then decided to get married after the family has agreed.
Facts About Sakshi Dhoni
- Does Sakshi Dhoni drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Does she smoke?: Not Known
- Sakshi is an excellent cook and always takes an electrical cooker when she accompanies MS Dhoni on cricket tours.
- Sakshi’s and MSD’s father both were worked in the same company called Mecon.
- She and Dhoni knew each other well but the love ignited in winters of 2007 when they met in
- Kolkata through Yudhajit Dutta(Dhoni’s manager and friend).
- The cute love couple dated each other for 3 years and got married in a low-profile ceremony in 2010.
- She studied with Dhoni for a while in Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Ranchi.
- She runs a foundation called Sakshi Rawat Foundation, to support orphans.
- Her best friend is Poorna, who is the daughter of politician Praful Patel of the NCP party.
- Sakshi was the director of Rhiti MSD Alamode Pvt. Ltd, a sports association in New Delhi.
It’s Malti Chahar, Deepak Chahar’s sister.
She was a respected student from an elite institute. IHM Aurangabad.
No, she was born in Guwhati and originally her name is Sakshi Singh Rawat which signifies that she is a Punjabi.
She is Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s wife sure he knew it before all of us. Many of us speculated it after the world cup Dhoni took a break from cricket and wasn’t available for selection after that too. So it’s not a pressurized decision it was already made and Dhoni announced it in his own manner.