Bigg Boss season 16 contestant Sajid Kamran Khan (born 23 November 1970) is an Indian filmmaker, comedian, actor, and television presenter. The son of former actor Kamran Khan and his wife Menaka Khan (née Irani), Sajid Khan was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra. There is one sister in his family, Farah Khan, who is a choreographer, director, producer, and actor. Shirish Kunder, who is also a producer, editor, and director of films, is Farah’s husband. Besides Honey Irani and Daisy Irani, Khan is related to filmmakers Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar through his mother. A graduate of Mithibai College, Khan completed his primary education at Maneckji Cooper School in Mumbai. As a college student, he began DJing at various parties and social events at the age of 16.
Khan began a romantic relationship with Jacqueline Fernandez while filming Housefull 2 in 2011. The relationship attracted media attention in India, and there was speculation of a forthcoming wedding. However, the relationship came to an end in May 2013. Since October 2018, Sajid has been accused of s*xual harassment by several female colleagues in the wake of the MeToo movement in India. In light of the allegations, Khan was banned from directing films by the Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association. On 10 December 2019, it was revoked a year later. The director of Housefull 4 (2019), Farhad Samji, who co-directed Housefull 3 (2016), stepped down after denying the allegations.
Sajid Khan Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Sajid Khan. It gives you the ability to read through the Indian filmmaker, comedian, actor, television presenter, and Bigg Boss 16 contestant’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name/ Full Name||Sajid Kamran Khan|
|Nickname/ Popular Name||Sajid Khan|
|Age||51 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||23 November 1970|
|Residence||Sanjay Plaza, A. B. Nair Road, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Mother's Name||Menaka Khan (née Irani)|
|Father's Name||Kamran Khan (Former stunt film-maker)|
|Sister(s)||Farah Khan (Elder Sister, Director, Producer, Choreographer)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Jacqueline Fernandez (Actress) (2011-May 2013)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|School||Maneckji Cooper School, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Scriptwriter, and Bigg Boss 16 Contestant|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5'10"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 87 kg|
in pounds- 191 lbs
|Chest Size||45 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||36 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Indian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Salary||Vary with movie earnings|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
Know All About Sajid Khan As A Contestant In Bigg Boss 2022 – Season 16
During the grand premiere of Bigg Boss 16, Sajid Khan surprised everyone by appearing as a contestant. We all know that this time of year is the time when Bigg Boss returns and we watch for hours together in anticipation of how a group of contestants survives in Salman Khan’s Bigg Boss house for over fifteen weeks.
In its 16th season, the Bigg Boss house will welcome Bollywood director and #MeToo accuser Sajid Khan. Since making his directorial debut with Darna Zaroori Hai (2006), Sajid has directed some of the biggest films in Indian cinema, including Akshay Kumar’s Housefull and Housefull 2.
Sajid Khan is the brother of Bollywood filmmaker and choreographer Farah Khan. In addition to being cousins with Farhan Akhtar, Zoya Akhtar is also a filmmaker. As a result of the #MeToo movement, Sajid Khan has been away from the limelight. A number of Sajid’s female colleagues have accused him of s*xual misconduct. The Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association (IFTDA) barred him from directing films in light of these serious allegations.
Sajid has been accused of s*xual misconduct by actresses Mandana Karimi, Saloni Chopra, Rachel White, Simran Suri, Marina Kunwar, Aahana Kumra, Dimple Paula, Sherlyn Chopra, and journalist Karishma Upadhyay. As part of the documentary Death of Bollywood (2021), Jiah Khan’s sister Karishma Khan also accused the director of s*xually harassing Jiah.
Despite being set to make a comeback with Housefull 4 (2019), Sajid Khan was asked to step down from the project due to s*xual allegations against him. Despite this, Sajid was still given writer credit for the film. The film 100%, starring John Abraham, Riteish Deshmukh, Shehnaaz Gill, and Nora Fatehi, marks Sajid’s return as a director.
During his interview with Bigg Boss 16 host Salman Khan, Sajid Khan revealed that after directing “the industry’s biggest stars such as Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn, John Abraham, Mithun da (Chakraborty), Chintu ji (Rishi Kapoor, Daboo ji (Randhir Kapoor), Ritesh Deshmukh and Saif Ali Khan,” he became arrogant due to the success of his films. In my case, success destroyed me, as there is a saying that states “failures destroy people.”
When he gave “back-to-back three hits,” Sajid Khan believed he was infallible and could never make a bad film. But then he realized he was wrong – his 2013 film Himmatwala and 2014 comedy-romance Humshakals failed miserably at the box office.
Facts About Sajid Khan
- Does Sajid Khan consume alcohol? No, he does not consume alcohol
- Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar, two popular Bollywood personalities, are his cousins.
- His father was a famous filmmaker who lost all his money with the film “Aisa Bhi Hota Hai” (1971) and his family fell into poverty. As a child, Sajid only remembers living in poverty.
- When he was only six years old, his parents divorced.
- Sajid’s father became an alcoholic after failing as a filmmaker, and his liver was damaged as a result. His father died when Sajid was 14 years old.
- The backup dancer for the song “Bacha Le Sambha Le Koi To Yahan Se Nikale” from the 1985 film “3D Saamri” was Sajid and his sister Farah. In the song, they had mud on their faces, which is why their faces are unrecognizable.
- In the 10th grade, he failed three times.
- It is believed that he was a member of a gang of boys from his chawl who used to steal stereo systems, hubcaps from cars, bicycles, etc.
- To earn money and entertain people, he used to perform mimicry and action scenes at Juhu beach, Mumbai.
- When he was 16 years old, he worked as a DJ at parties and social events.
- As far as Bollywood films are concerned, he has seen nearly all of them from the 1970s to the present day.
- They were in the same college and have remained close friends ever since. Ajay Devgn used to pay for all his food and cigarette bills as he had no money. He also stated that he was greatly influenced by Ajay Devgn’s style as a child.
- According to him, he had cheated on many women and was not a good boyfriend until he was 30 years old.
- It is not his habit to attend parties and he has never consumed alcohol.
- Although he does not enjoy social media sites, he only created a Twitter account at the request of his marketing team.
- In 2009, Ashutosh Gowariker and Sajid Khan had a verbal fight over Sajid’s jokes about his film at the Star Screen Awards.
- The Indian model and actress, Paula, wrote a note on Instagram claiming she was abused by Khan when she was 17 years old while accusing Sajid Khan of harassing her.
The full name of Sajid Khan is Sajid Kamran Khan.
As of 2022, he is 51 years old.
He was born to his father a former actor Kamran Khan and his mother Menaka Khan (née Irani)
Since his last project (as a screenwriter) was Housefull 4 (2019), he has taken a break from filmmaking due to allegations of s*xual harassment. In his comeback project, he will be directing a film that has yet to be titled. He has been a contestant in the reality series Bigg Boss 16 on Colors TV since October 2022.