Ryan Gosling is a Canadian actor and director best known for performing the leading role in the romantic drama, ‘The Notebook’. He has emerged in several extraordinarily successful Hollywood films like ‘Half Nelson’ and ‘Lars and the Real Girl’ for which he received great award nominations. The talented actor had always loved acting and was especially changed by the film ‘Dick Tracy’ which he first watched as a child. Such was the impact of films on his young mind that he once took steak blades to school after watching the Sylvester Stallone action film, ‘First Blood’, and threw them at classmates.
He was often terrorized in school and had problems making friends; he also went through from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. There was however one thing that he was good at functioning. As a child, he had performed with ‘The Mickey Mouse Club’ for two years. He also used to sing at weddings with his sister and got involved with a local ballet company. Performing before audiences supported his confidence and he decided to make a career out of it. Initially, he played minor roles in independent films before landing on substantial roles in huger movies. His career began to take off after his role in ‘The Notebook’ and he went on to carve a niche for himself in Hollywood.
|Birth Name||Ryan Thomas Gosling|
|Nick Name||Ryan Gosling|
|Age||(as in 2020) 40 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Date of Birth||12 November 1980|
|Residence||New York City|
|Home Town||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Mother's Name||Donna (Secretary, who qualified as a high school teacher in 2011)|
|Father's Name||Thomas Ray Gosling (Traveling salesman for a paper mill)|
|Sister||Mandi (Older Sister)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Erin Foster- In 2012, performer and writer, Erin Foster revealed during the Fracture movie promotion event that she had dated Gosling in the past.|
Sandra Bullock (2002-2003)- Sandra, who is 17 years older than Ryan, met him on the set of the 2002 movie “Murder by Numbers”. They soon began dating but relationship came to an end in 2002 as it was a long distance one; with Sandra in Texas and Gosling in Downtown LA.
• Famke Janssen (2004)- RUMOR
• Rachel McAdams (2005-2008)- They both met each other on the set of the 2004 movie “The Notebook” and soon started seeing each other. The duo was in a relationship from 2004 until 2007. They also reconciled for a couple of months in 2008. So, this was an ON-again OFF-again kind of relationship.
• Casey LaBow (2010)- After separating from Rachel in 2008, Notebook star Gosling was RUMORED to be dating Casey. They were seen in an Italian restaurant in California and Gosling had kept her arm around her throughout the dinner.
• Kat Dennings (2009-2010)- RUMOR
• Jaime Murray (2009)- RUMOR
• Blake Lively (2010)- From October to December 2010, Gosling and Blake Lively were seen dating. She was seen at Disneyland with him and had also attended the New York premiere party of his film, Blue Valentine, in December 2010.
• Olivia Wilde (2011)- In early 2011, Ryan was seen with Olivia Wilde giving rise to the dating RUMORS.
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||• Eva Mendes (2011-Present)- Eva Mendes was spotted with Gosling at Disneyland during a weekend of Labor Day 2011. They were seen kissing and holding hands at the park. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter on September 12, 2014.|
Daughters- Esmeralda Amada Gosling
Amada Lee Gosling
|School||• He has moved a lot and so changed his schools. Ryan attended Gladstone Public School, Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School in Cornwall, Ontario and Lester B. Pearson High School in Burlington, Ontario.|
• He was bullied in elementary school. So, he had no friends until he was 14 or 15. Gosling once took knives to school and threw those on the students there. He was expelled from school and this led to home schooling by her mother, who resigned from her job.
• Also, he was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Actor, director, musician, writer|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 6’0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg|
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Chest Size||44 inches or 112 cm|
|Hips Size||40 inches or 101 cm|
|Waist Size||34 inches or 86 cm|
|Arms / Biceps||16 inches or 41 cm|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
|Favourite Food||Crispy Chicken|
He was born to Thomas Ray Gosling, a traveling salesman, and Donna, a secretary who later became a teacher. He has one elder sister. The family traveled a lot due to his father’s job. His parents divorced when he was a child and he lived with his mother and sister. He went to Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School before going to Lester B. Pearson High School.
He was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and thus his mother quit her job and homeschooled him. He loved movies and performing from a young age. When he was 12, he auditioned for a part in ‘The Mickey Mouse Club’ and signed a contract for two years. Along with his sister, he used to sing at weddings and he also joined a local ballet company.
Gosling has worked to promote several social causes, including AIDS research, poverty relief, and the humane treatment of animals. He likes to box and to make furniture a skill he picked up while making The Notebook. Gosling is also an accomplished jazz guitarist and singer. Over the years, Gosling has been romantically linked to such co-stars as Sandra Bullock and McAdams.
Since 2011, he has been romantically linked to Place Beyond the Pines co-star Mendes. In the summer of 2014, news broke that they were expecting their first child. Their daughter, Esmeralda Amada Gosling, was born that September. In April 2016, Mendes gave birth to the couple’s second daughter, Amada Lee. In September 2016, US Weekly reported that Gosling and Mendes were secretly married earlier that year.
Ryan Gosling Net Worth
Ryan Gosling has a net worth of $70 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$70 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, director, musician, writer|
He secured a Golden Globe win for Best Actor and his second Academy Award nomination for his starring role as Sebastian. It was one of his most financially successful films, earning over $440 million against its $30 million budget. Next up for Gosling was 2017’s Blade Runner 2049, which earned him praise as well-cast in the role. Gosling’s next role was playing Neil Armstrong in 2018’s biopic First Man, based on the book of the same name.
Ryan Gosling Movies And TV Shows
- He appeared in the teen comedy Breaker High from 1997 to 1998, before transitioning to a more mythical role: At the age of 17, Gosling moved to Los Angeles to star as the title character in the popular teen series Young Hercules.
- For his film debut, Gosling had a supporting role in the sports drama Remember the Titans (2000), starring Denzel Washington. His first major film breakthrough came in 2001’s The Believer. He played a Jewish neo-Nazi in this critically acclaimed film, which won the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival.
- However, it wasn’t until 2004 and his starring turn in the romantic blockbuster The Notebook, opposite Rachel McAdams, that mainstream audiences sat up and took notice.
- In 2006, Gosling received raves for his role as the drug-addicted teacher Dan Dunne in Half Nelson. The intense, moving performance earned him a Best Actor Academy Award nomination.
- Always one to tackle diverse roles, Gosling played a young prosecutor in Fracture (2007), opposite Anthony Hopkins. He then went on to star as a shy, delusional man who forms a sincere attachment to a doll in the offbeat comedy Lars and the Real Girl (2007).
- As his career developed, Gosling emerged both as a serious actor with impressive range and as one of Hollywood’s most popular sex symbols. He gave a strong performance alongside Michelle Williams in the 2010 indie drama Blue Valentine, which followed the downward spiral of a couple.
- The following year proved to be big for the actor. Gosling appeared in three very different types of films, ranging from romantic comedy to political drama to edgy thriller.
- In Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011), he played a smooth ladies’ man who tries to help a man going through a divorce (Steve Carell), before falling head-over-heels for a young woman played by Emma Stone.
- Moving on to a more action-oriented role, he then starred in Drive, about a stuntman who moonlights as a getaway driver. That fall, Gosling co-starred with George Clooney in The Ides of March, playing a smart and savvy press secretary to a politician.
- Continuing to challenge himself and hone his craft, Gosling starred with Eva Mendes and Bradley Cooper in the crime drama The Place Beyond the Pines, which debuted at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival. Re-teaming with Stone, Gosling also played a lawman out to fight organized crime figures like Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) in Gangster Squad.
- The project had originally been set to debut in the fall of 2012, but after a gunman opened fire on a crowd inside a Colorado movie theater, the film was delayed for revisions and pushed back to January 2013.
- After starring in the 2013 crime drama Only God Forgives, Gosling made his directorial debut with 2014’s Lost River. The film, which he also wrote and produced, stars Christina Hendricks as a beleaguered single mom.
- The following year saw the actor co-starring with Christian Bale, Carell, and Brad Pitt in The Big Short.
- Based on the nonfiction best-seller by Michael Lewis, the film focuses on the housing market bubble that fueled the 2008 financial collapse and a group of men who’d predicted the turmoil to come. The project garnered multiple Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations.
- In 2016, Gosling teamed with Russell Crowe in the dark comedy The Nice Guys and also dove into the musical comedy realm with La La Land, co-starring Stone. La La Land proved to be a massive hit, garnering a record-tying 14 Oscar nominations, including Best Actor for Gosling, and winning six.
- In 2017, after joining the ensemble cast for Terrence Malick’s romantic drama Song to Song, Gosling returned to more mainstream fare with Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to the 1982 Harrison Ford vehicle. Gosling next starred as famed astronaut Neil Armstrong in First Man, about the NASA mission to send a man to the moon in the 1960s.
|1997||Frankenstein and Me|
|2000 ||Remember the Titans|
|2001 ||The Believer|
|2002||Murder by Numbers|
The Slaughter Rule
|2003||The United States of Leland|
|2006 ||Half Nelson|
Lars and the Real Girl
All Good Things
|2011||Crazy, Stupid, Love|
The Ides of March
|2012||The Place Beyond the Pines|
Only God Forgives
|2015||The Big Short|
|2016||The Nice Guys|
La La Land
|2017||Song to Song|
Blade Runner 2049
TV Shows & Serials List
|1993–1995||The Mickey Mouse Club|
|1995||Are You Afraid of the Dark?|
|1996||PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal|
Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
Road to Avonlea
The Adventures of Shirley Holmes
Ready or Not
|1997–1998 ||Breaker High|
|1998||Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy|
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
|1999 ||The Unbelievables|
|2005||I'm Still Here: Real Diaries of Young People Who Lived During the Holocaust|
|2015, 2017 ||Saturday Night Live|
|2019||My Favorite Shapes by Julio Torres|
- He has traveled a lot due to the nature of her father’s work.
- His parents divorced when he was a child. So, he lived with his mother along with his older sister.
- He has a dog named George.
- Ryan is the co-owner of Tagine, a Moroccan restaurant in Beverly Hills, California.
- He practices ballet. He spent his childhood mostly with his mother and older sister, who had also learned ballet. As a result, Ryan developed a habit of the same and he also continues his childhood interest, now also.
- He is a supporter of PETA.
- Justin Timberlake‘s mother had served as the legal guardian of Ryan Gosling when Gosling was 12 and had moved to Florida to complete the shooting of The All-New Mickey Mouse Club with castmate Justin Timberlake. Though Ryan’s mother also went with him to the USA, consequently she needed to go back to Canada for some work. So, Ryan lived with Justin and her mother looked after Ryan for 6 months.
- He is a part of the band, Dead Man’s Bones. The band consists of 2 members – Zach Shields and Ryan. It was formed in 2008.
- He and Rachel McAdams were born in the same hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Did Ryan Gosling And Rachel Mcadams Date In Real Life?”]Rachel Mcadams Started Dating Her “Notebook” Co-star Ryan Mcadams In 2004, But The Couple Split Three Years Later. He Later Said Of The Breakup, “The Only Thing I Remember Is We Both Went Down Swingin’ And We Called It A Draw.”[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Did Ryan Gosling Go To College?”]Cornwall Collegiate & Vocational School[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Does Ryan Gosling Have Tattoos?”]Ryan Has A Great Love For Tattoos And Many Times He Has Got Himself Inked With Some Temporary Tattoos, Especially For His Movies. These Inks Are All Over His Arms, Torso, Neck, Back, And Even On His Face.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why Did Rachel Mcadams And Ryan Gosling Split?”]Like Most Couples, Gosling And Mcadams Ultimately Broke Up Because They Knew They Weren’t “The One” For Each Other. They Weren’t Supposed To Be Together. If They Were, They Would Still Be Dating Today. They Would Have The Perfect Love Story Like Noah And Allie, Who Are Soulmates.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Are Ryan Gosling And Rachel Mcadams Still Friends?”]While It’s Never Easy To End A Relationship, Gosling And Mcadams’ Breakup Was Completely Mutual. They Both Understood Their Complications And That The Relationship Wasn’t For The Best. They Were Better Off As Friends. Many Years Have Passed Since Their 2007 Breakup, But Gosling And Mcadams Are Still Friends Today.[/wps_faq]