Ronit Roy Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Ronit Roy (born Ronit Bose Roy, 11 October 1965) is an Indian actor, known for his works in Indian television and Indian film industry. Roy has earned numerous accolades in his career including a Filmfare Award, two Screen Awards, five ITA Awards, and six Indian Telly Awards. He is often called the Amitabh Bachchan of television.
Ronit Roy Family
He is the eldest son of a businessman, Brotin Bose Roy, and Dolly Roy. His younger brother, Rohit Roy is also a TV actor.
Ronit Roy spent his childhood in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. This is where he did his schooling with the father of Ayush Sarkar, a teenage actor. After his schooling, Roy pursued hotel management. After completion of his studies, he moved to Mumbai and stayed at the residence of filmmaker Subhash Ghai.
While Roy was keen to work in the film industry, Subhash Ghai persuaded him, not to pursue it due to the difficulties associated with it. Ronit worked as a management trainee at Mumbai’s Sea Rock Hotel. To have experience at all different levels, Ronit’s work ranged from dish-washing and cleaning to serving tables and bar-tending.
Ronit Roy Age, Personal life
Ronit Roy was married to a woman named Joanna with whom he had a daughter called Ona. They separated when their daughter was 6 years old.
On 25 December 2003, Ronit married actress and model Neelam Singh. Ronit is the father of three children – two daughters and one son. His elder daughter Ona (from his previous marriage) was born in 1991 and currently resides in the US. In May 2005, his and Neelam’s first child, daughter Aador, was born. In October 2007, their son, Agastya Roy was born.
Date of Birth 11 October 1965
Ronit Roy Age (as in 2016) 51 Years
Birth Place Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Libra
Hometown Ahmedabad, Gujarat
School Not Known
College Not Known
Educational Qualifications Hotel management
Debut Jaan Tere Naam (1992)
Family Father-Brothindranath (Businessman )
Mother- Dolly Bose Roy
Brothers- Rohit Roy (Younger, Actor)
Hobbies Internet surfing and learning new things
- Tension on the sets of TV serial “Adaalat” erupted after Actress Sara Khan reacted to the comments of Ronit Roy comparing fellow actors to a bunch of madcaps.
- He is known to throw tantrums at the sets.
- He was in the news when his Mercedez rammed into a Wagon R and injured four people of the same family, after which he surrendered to the police.
Ronit Roy Favourite Things
Favourite Food Italian food, Bengali curries, rice and fish
Favourite Destination Goa
Ronit Roy TV career
- Ronit received a call from Balaji Telefilms to offer him a part in the television serial Kammal. Due to the lack of any appealing movie offers, he accepted the offer. Before Kammal got started, Balaji Telefilms also offered Ronit for Kasautii Zindagii Kay as Rishabh Bajaj, a ruthless yet suave middle-aged business tycoon. Roy’s impressive performance as Mr. Bajaj made him popular and landed him in Balaji Telefilms’ Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Mihir Virani, replacing Amar Upadhyay.
- From 2009 to 2011 he played the role of Dharamraj in NDTV Imagine’s Bandini, which won him accolades for his astonishing portrayal of a crude and ruthless diamond merchant who is never defeated.
- He has also participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, a dance reality show in 2007, and another show, Yeh Hai Jalwa in 2008 as a contestant. He hosted the Kitchen Champions in 2010 which was on Colors TV.
- Ronit Roy at Adaalat’s 400 episodes celebration.
- In 2010 he starred in Sony TV’s popular courtroom drama show Adaalat as K.D. Pathak, a sharp unique lawyer who only fights for the truth.
- He returned in the drama genre in 2014 with Balaji Telefilms’ Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar is Dr. Nachiket Khanna, alias Neil K opposite Pallavi Kulkarni.
- In 2016, he starred in Adaalat (season 2) where he reprised his character from the previous season.
Ronit Roy Net Worth
Ronit is one of the top earners in Indian television. He has successfully collected an estimated net worth of $2 million, which he earned from his career in acting, business and hosting different reality shows. He has promoted several brands, which include Vadilal and Redhill Vest and earns a good sum of money from his security business.
Ronit Roy resides in a luxurious house in Bandra, Mumbai. He owns swanky Audi Q7 and Audi R8 cars in his collection. Ronit regularly interacts with his fans through Instagram and let them know about his personal life.
Year Show Role Notes
1997 Bombay Blue Dillip Bhatt Cameo
1999 Baat Ban Jaye
1999 Nagin Ronit
2002–2003 Kammal Swayam
2002–2008 Kasautii Zindagi Kay Rishabh Bajaj
2003–2008 Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi Mihir Virani
2003 Ssshhhh…Koi Hai
2004 Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko Ishan Masand
2004 Vikraal Aur Gabraal
2004 Krisshna Arjun Anna / Vijay Episodic Role
2005 Kkavyanjali Mayank Nanda Cameo
2005 Sarrkkar – Risshton Ki Ankahi Kahani Kunal Vir Pratap Singh
2006–2009 Kasamh Se Aparajit Deb
2007 Kayamath Inder Shah
2008 Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki Bhishma
2009–2011 Bandini Dharamraj Mahyavanshi
2010–2015 Adaalat Advocate K.D. Pathak
2014–2015 Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar Dr. Nachiket Khanna/ Dr.Neil K
2016 Adaalat (season 2) Advocate K.D. Pathak
2016 24 (Season 2) Roy Guest
2019 Naagin 3 Rohit Mehra Guest (To promote Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain 2)
2019 Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki Rajat Singh
2019 Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke SP Prithvi Singh Cameo; to promote Hostages
Non-Fiction / Reality shows
Year Show Role Notes
2007 Koffee with Karan (season 2)
2007 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Contestant
2008 Yeh Hain Jalwa Contestant
2008 Ticket to Bollywood
2008 Aajaa Mahi Vay Judge
2009 Begum’s Drawing Room
2010 Kitchen Champion Host Nominated—Indian Telly Award for Best Anchor (2010)
2013 Comedy Nights with Kapil
Guest appearance to promote Boss
2015 Deal Ya No Deal Host
2017 The Kapil Sharma Show
Ronit Roy Film career
Year Film Role Notes
1992 Jaan Tere Naam Sunil
1993 15-Aug Vikram
Gaata Rahe Mera Dil Dilip S. Naik Unreleased
Sainik Vijay Ghai
Jai Maa Vaishnav Devi
Rock Dancer Rakesh
1996 Jurmana Sanjay Saxena
Daanveer Vishal Srivastav
1999 Jaalsaaz Rakesh
Agni Shikha Prodipta Roy Bengali film
2000 Glamour Girl Sunil Verma
2001 Hum Deewane Pyar Ke Vijay Chatterjee
Khatron Ke Khiladi Bambass
2003 Shesh Bongsodar (Last Descendant) Bongsodar Bangladeshi film in the Bengali language
2003 Roktobondhon Joy Bengali Film
2005 Nishan – The Target
Kisna: The Warrior Poet Jimmy Cameo appearance
2009 Luck by Chance Himself Cameo appearance
2010 Pankh Peter D’Cunha Cameo
Udaan Bhairav Singh Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor
2011 That Girl in Yellow Boots
2012 Midnight’s Children Ahmed Sinai
Student of the Year Coach Karan Shah
2013 Shootout at Wadala Inspector Raja Ambat
Boss Ayushman Thakur
2014 2 States Vikram Malhotra Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor
Ugly Shaumik Bose
2015 Guddu Rangeela Billu Pehelwan Star Screen Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role
2016 Dongari ka Raja Mansoor Ali
2017 Kaabil Madhavrao Shellar
Sarkar 3 Gokul Satam
Machine Balraj Thapar
Jai Lava Kusa Sarkar Telugu film
Munna Michael Michael
Lucknow Central Raja Shrivastava
2018 Loveyatri Sam Patel “Sameer”
Thugs of Hindostan Mirza Sikander Baig
2019 Arjun Patiala IPS officer Amarjeet Singh Gill
2020 Shamshera TBA Filming
2020 JR 25 TBA Filming, Tamil Debut
Ronit Digital career
- In 2018, Roy made his digital debut in an ALTBalaji‘s Web series Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain along with Mona Singh and Gurdeep Kohli.
- In 2019, he starred in an Indian crime thriller web series Hostages.
Film Title Actor(s) Character(s) Dub Language Original Language Original Year release Dub Year release
Dumbo Colin Farrell Holt Farrier Hindi English 2019 2019
Year Show Role Notes
2018 – 19 Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain Rohit Mehra
2019 Hostages Prithvi Singh
Ronit Business venture
Ronit owns Ace Security and Protection agency. It currently caters to Bollywood actors such as Salman Khan, Amitabh Bacchan, Mithun Chakraborty, Shahrukh Khan, and Aamir Khan; also to Indian Premier League ex-Chairman and ex-Commissioner Lalit Modi and his son Ruchir Modi. Some of the movie projects that Ace Security and Protection have also lent their services to are Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Yaadein, Na Tum Jano Na Hum, Saathiya, and Armaan.
Some known facts about Ronit
- Does Ronit Roy smoke?: Yes
- Does Ronit Roy drink alcohol?: Yes
- Due to his success in TV, he’s often called “Big B” of the Indian Television Industry.
- After moving from Ahmedabad to Mumbai, he stayed at the director and his father’s best friend Subhash Ghai’s residence for around one year.
- In his struggling days in Mumbai, he did various work like dish-washing, cleaning, serving tables and bar-tending.
- He’s a businessman too and has a security agency called “Ace Security and Protection”, which has given security to stars like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan.
- In the 90s, he delivered seven flops movies in a row, that dented his Bollywood career. Also, his first marriage also got derailed during this period.
- He was not the first choice for his Jaan Tere Naam due to his weight, but after they re-auditioned him and he got selected.