Rohit Shetty is an Indian cinematographer and director, popularly identified for his remarkable action series and fast-paced plots. Son of the legendary Fight Composer/actor Late Shetty. He started his career at the age of 15 as an assistant director with Kuku Kohli on the film Phool Aur Kaante acting Ajay Devgan and directed his first characteristic movie Zameen as an Independent Director with Devgan in 2003 at the age of 29. His work includes the box office hits Singham (2011), the Golmaal (2006) series, and Singham Returns (2014).
Rohit’s 2015 announcement, action-comedy Dilwale was a chart-topping success in the overseas market and resulted in a Filmfare nomination for Best Director. Rohit also worked with Kohli on Haqeeqat, Suhaag, and Zulmi. Afterward, he began to work with Anees Bazmee for the movie “Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha”, followed by Raju Chacha and Hindustan Ki Kasam. Rohit is a mass entertainer. His films are here to make people laugh and have fun. He is generally criticized by critics for making films larger than life and forced comedy. Notwithstanding of every one of these reactions, he won Zee Cine Awards, Stardust Awards, and Star Box Office Awards.
|Birth Name||Rohit Shetty|
|Age||(as in 2020) 47 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||14 March 1973|
|Home Town||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Mother's Name||Ratna Shetty|
|Father's Name||Mudhu Balwant Shetty (Actor and Fight director)|
|Brother||• Hriday Shetty (Step-Brother)|
• Uday Shetty (Step-Brother)
|Sister||• Chanda Shetty (Elder)|
• Chaya Shetty (Elder)
• Mahek Shetty (Elder)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Prachi Desai (Actress)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Maya Shetty (Banker)|
|Marriage Date||27 May 2005|
|School||St Mary's School, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Cinematographer and film director|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg|
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||42 Inches|
|Biceps Size||16 Inches|
|Waist Size||36 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Caste||They belong to Hindu Bunts community, which is an upper caste in Karnataka.|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Favourite Food||Pasta Pomodoro|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgan and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Kareena Kapoor|
|Controversies||He was alledged of giving bribe to the censor board for his film Singham Returns.|
Rohit is the son of Ratna, a junior Bollywood artist and movie stuntman Madhu.B Shetty. Rohit Shetty was born on March 14, 1974, in Bombay, Maharashtra, India. He has been wedded to Maya Rohit Shetty since May 27, 2005. He was raised along with his four sisters and two brothers, Uday Shetty and Hriday Shetty.
At the age of 14, he was encouraged by the many films he saw and aimed to become a director. Rohit attended St. Mary`s School, Mumbai till the age of 17, after which he joined the film industry as an Assistant Director to Kuku Kohli.
His mother accomplished as an Assistant director to dad Shetty in action scenes. She was also a junior artiste in films. His sisters identified Chanda and Poonam were born from Ratna Shetty’s first marriage. Later Shetty adopted them and gave them his name “Shetty”. Chanda was associated with the author and producer Maan Singh Deep. She later married actor, producer Naresh Tandon.
Rohit Shetty Net Worth
The total net worth of Rohit Shetty is estimated to be 38 Million USD, which in Indian currency is approximately 2480830000.00 Indian Rupee (i.e Two hundred and Forty-Eight Crore INR).
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||Rs. 248 Crore INR|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Average Movie remuneration||Rs. 18 Crore INR|
|Personal Investment||Rs. 103 Crore INR|
|Luxury-Cars ||Rs. 04 Crore INR|
|Income Tax PY||Rs. 6 Crore INR|
|Income Source||Cinematographer and director|
Mr. Rohit Shetty’s Net Worth has raised by 58% in the past few years. The net worth of Mr. Shetty includes remuneration from movies, personal investment, and his production house.
Also as a Philanthropist, he is among the leading individual when it comes to sharing for a social cause and charity.
Let us have a look at the facts about Mr. Rohit Shetty’s Approx Annual Earnings from films for the last few years which are a part of his net worth:
|2016||Rs. 23 Crore INR|
|2015||Rs. 21 Crore INR|
|2014||Rs. 18 Crore INR|
|2013||Rs. 13 Crore INR|
|2012||Rs. 11 Crore INR|
Rohit Shetty Movies And TV Shows
- At the age of 17, Rohit started his career as an assistant director on Kuku Kohli`s Phool Aur Kante (1991). He continued serving with Kuku for the next few years and assisted him in movies such as Haqeeqat (1995) starring Ajay Devgn and Zulmi (1999).
- In order to achieve more experience, he then worked with Anees Bazmee on the romantic-comedy Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha (1998), the war movie Hindustan Ki Kasam (1973) and Raju Chacha (2000).
- Rohit delivered his first feature, Zameen (2003), at the age of 30. The action film starring Ajay Devgn played moderately at the box office.
- His following film, the comedy Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006) was a wonderful box office hit and quickly achieved a cult following. Tusshar Kapoor, one of the lead actors from the film received his first IIFA Award for his appearance as mute student Lucky Gill.
- The film has since been named iconic in modern Indian cinema. He then delivered the comic thriller Sunday (2008) featuring Ayesha Takia and Ajay Devgan. However, Sunday was a box office bomb, disappointing high expectations following the success of Golmaal.
- The same year saw the deliverance of the highly awaited sequel Golmaal Returns (2008). The second installment to the franchise included actors Shreyas Talpade and Kareena Kapoor with its original cast. Although the film did well commercially, grossing INR 720 million worldwide in its first week, it received negative criticisms from critics and was widely criticized.
- In 2010, he directed his third part of the series, Golmaal 3, and the critically acclaimed action film Singham (2011) with Devgan representing a Police Inspector fighting corruption. Singham which paid tribute to the action films of the ’70s was pronounced a super-hit, garnering universal critical recognition. The portrayal of antagonist Jaikant Shikre performed by Prakash Raj was singled out for its excellence and resulted in his win of the IIFA Award for Best Act in a Negative Character.
- The film has since become known for its well-choreographed stunts and power-packed performances, earning Rohit the Stardust Readers Choice Award for Dream Director in 2012 and thus raising him back to his status as a proficient filmmaker.
- Rohit`s next experiment was the comedy-drama Bol Bachchan (2012) starring Abhishek Bachchan and Ajay Devgn. The film was a box office hit everywhere in India.
- The next year he directed the movie Chennai Express (2013) starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone. The movie achieved the title of highest-grossing Bollywood film in the domestic market and was the third highest-grossing Bollywood film in the international arena at the time of its release.
- In 2014, Rohit directed and co-produced Singham Returns followed by the release of the highly anticipated action-comedy Dilwale (2015). The latter rejoined Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.
- The film was a box office hit worldwide and resulted in Rohit`s first Filmfare nomination for Best Director. His other notable directorial credits in recent times include the legendary comedy Golmaal Again (2017) and the action-comedy Simmba (2018), the latter of which featured Ranveer Singh and Sara Ali Khan in the lead roles.
- Rohit became a producer in 2014 with the formation of his own production house working under the banner of Rohit Shetty Productions. Their body of work includes Singham Returns (2014) and Dilwale (2015).
- Shetty has emerged as a judge on the television program Comedy Circus from 2009-2010. He has also hosted the 5th and 6th seasons of the stunt game show Fear Factor: Khatron KeKhiladi in 2014 and 2015, respectively.
|2006||Golmaal: Fun Unlimited|
|2009||All The Best: Fun Begins|
|2012 ||Bol Bachchan|
|2013 ||Chennai Express|
|2016 ||Ranveer Ching Returns|
|2017 ||Golmaal Again|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2009–2011 ||Comedy Circus|
|2012 ||Big Switch|
|2014||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 5|
|2015||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6|
|2017||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 8|
|2018||India's Next Superstars|
|2019||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 9|
Bigg Boss (Hindi season 13)
|2020||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 10|
Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi – Made in India
- Does Rohit Shetty smoke?: No
- Does Rohit Shetty alcohol?: Not Known
- His father Madhu.B Shetty was a famous villain of the 70s and fight director, therefore, was also named Fighter Shetty.
- His father expired when he was just 5-6 years old.
- His first payroll was just 35 (INR) a day.
- His directorial introduction movie Zameen was a flop.
- He has a production company named Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Limited.
- He began his Bollywood career as an assistant director in 1991s blockbuster film Phool Aur Kaante.
- He co-judged Sony TV’s Comedy Circus from 2009 to 2012.
- He originally chooses Kareena Kapoor to do Chennai Express, but due to date issues, Deepika Padukone was cast for this character.
- After his father’s death, his family was in so much pressure that once her mother went to Amitabh Bachchan’s house for some help and he helped her.
- He originally decided many names for Chennai Express, like Southern Touch and Ready Steady Po.
- He hosted Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6 in 2014.
What Makes Rohit Shetty One Of The Most Useless Directors?
Such Scenes From His Movies Make Him A Useless Director. But Hey! It Doesn’t Matter To Him Because He’s Making A Enormous Amount Of Money Out Of These Movies And The Reason Being People. Yes, People. Majority Of People Cannot Stand Serious Movies Or Movies With A Practical Storyline Because That Turns Out To Be A Bore For Them. People Need Songs, A Bit Of Overacting, And “Gravity Defying Action Scenes”. Some Movies Made Under His Direction- Chennai Express- Earned Crores. Zero Storyline. So, Lack Of Storyline In His Movies Make Him A Useless Director But All Of This Criticism Makes No Sense As He Will Keep Making Such Movies And People Will Go, Watch, Laugh Their Asses Off And Waste Money On His Movies. Just In Case You Were Missing Him In The Answer Or You Have A Crush On Him.
Where Has Rohit Shetty Gotten His Hair Transplant?
I’m Imagining It Would Be In Turkey Because He’s Got A Pretty Outstanding Result And Turkey Has Grown In The Last Couple Of Years As A Booming Industry For Hair Transplantation With Over 350+ Clinics In Istanbul Alone.
Why Is Shame On You Rohit Shetty Trending On Twitter?
It Is Trending For All Right Reasons. He Thinks That The Contribution Of Actresses To His Movie Is Null Or Nothing. Ideally, The Director Should Have Acknowledged Her For Her Sincerity. On The Contrary, Rohit Insulted Her By Saying With 3 Actors In The Foreground No One Is Going To Notice Her. Katrina Did Not Like Rohit’s Statement And Even Said How Can He Say Like That. After People Were Highly Frustrated With Rohit, Katrina Has Finally Come Out In His Support. May Be She Thought This Would Negatively Affect The Film. Anyways, Keeping All The Negativity Aside, Happy Women’s Day To All Astonishing Women Who Are Doing Exceptionally Well In All Fields.
Why Doesn't Rohit Shetty Stop Blowing Up So Many Cars In His Movies?
This Guy Would Never, I Repeat Would Never Stop Blowing Up Cars. These Are Some Reasons. He Is One Of The Highest-paid Directors In Bollywood. The Reason Is His Back To Back 7 Hits In A Row Which Only Were Action/Comedy Masala Flicks With Mindless Explosions. The Only Crash Was His Suspense/ Thriller With Some Mixture Of Comedy Sunday, Dilwale A Romantic Flick, And Zameen A Serious Action Film. These Failures Had Little Rohit Shetty Style And Were More Logical. People In India Prefer Commercial Light Action/ Comedy Or From/ Comedy Or Family Drama More Than Films Like Swadesh, Bhagat Singh, Masaman, Etc. After Coming From Work They Want To Relax By Watching Comedy Tension-free Films Which Is What Rohit Shetty Usually Makes. He Is The Son Of M.B. Shetty Who Was A Famous Stuntman And Action Choreographer Around The 1970S. This Is One Of The Main Judgments. He Has Seen Action And Stunts Throughout His Childhood And Now It’s His Way Of Directing. Blowing Up Cars And Action Is In His Genes We Cannot Stop It.
Why Is Rohit Shetty Considered A Great Director?
Rohit Shetty Is A Commercially Entertaining Director. His Films Are High On Energy. They’re Not Artsy And Affected. They’re Unabashedly Hero Worshipping. The Heroines Are Charming. The Humor Is Family Friendly. I Have Loved Golmaal 1, 2 & 3, All The Best (Very Underrated Comedy), Bol Bachchan Too (Yes The Humor Is At Times Offensive But Still Made Me Laugh). Chennai Express Was So Bad It Was Good.