Annette Bening is an American actress, famously recognized for her play in the movie ‘American Beauty’. She was born in Kansas and brought up in San Diego, where she attended the ‘Mesa College’ for two years. It was while studying there that she first became involved in acting, finally earning her bachelor’s degree in theatre arts from the ‘San Francisco University’. She started her acting career on stage at the age of 22 and debuted on television at 28.
A year later, she arrived at her first Broadway performance, while her movie career started at the age of 30. The talented actress earned her first ‘Academy Award’ nomination at 32. Her most renowned film roles include ‘The Grifters’, ‘Bugsy’, ‘American Beauty’, ‘The Kids Are All Right’ and ‘20th Century Women’. She is equally active on stage and her latest arrival was as Kate Keller in the Broadway revival of ‘All My Sons’ in April 2019.
Annette Bening Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Annette Carol Bening|
|Age||(as in 2020) 62 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Topeka, Kansas, United States|
|Date of Birth||29 May 1958|
|Residence||12431 Mulholland Dr, Beverly Hills, CA|
|Home Town||Topeka, Kansas, United States|
|Mother's Name||Shirley Ashley|
|Father's Name||Arnett Bening|
|Brother||• Bradley Bening (Older)|
• Byron Bening (Older)
|Sister||Jane Bening (Older)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• J. Steven White (1983-1991)|
• Ed Begley Jr. (1990-1991)
• Warren Beatty (1991-Present)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||• J. Steven White (1983-1991) |
• Warren Beatty (1991-Present)
|Marriage Date||• 26 May 1984 and divorced in 1991 (J. Steven White)|
• 3 March 1992 (Warren Beatty)
|Children||Sons- • Stephen Ira Beatty (born Kathlyn) (b. January 8, 1992)|
• Benjamin Beatty (b. August 23, 1994)
Daughters- • Isabel Beatty (b. January 11, 1997)
• Ella Beatty (b. April 8, 2000)
|School||Patrick Henry High School|
|College/University||• San Diego Mesa College |
• San Francisco State University
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’8”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 63 kg|
in pounds- 139 lbs
|Breast Size||34 Inches|
|Hips Size||33 Inches|
|Waist Size||23 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||6 (U.S.)|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (U.S.)|
|Favorite Film Of Isabelle Huppert||Coup de Torchon (1981)|
|Favorite Players From Los Angeles Dodgers||Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig|
|Favorite Playwright||Anton Chekhov|
Bening was born in Topeka, Kansas, the daughter of Shirley Katherine and Arnett Grant Bening. Her mother was a church singer and soloist, and her father was a sales education consultant and insurance salesman. Her parents, residents of Iowa, were preparing Episcopalians and conservative Republicans. She is of essentially German and English descent.
The youngest of four children has an older sister Jane, and two older brothers Bradley and Byron. The family traveled to Wichita, Kansas, in 1959, where she used her early childhood. In 1965, her father took a job with a company in San Diego, California, and they moved there.
She started acting in junior high school, operating the lead in The Sound of Music. She graduated in 1975 from Patrick Henry High School, where she studied drama. She then gave a year serving as a cook on a charter boat taking fishing parties out on the Pacific Ocean, and scuba diving for recreation.
In college, she tripped upon a university theatre program and became extremely interested in it. Finally, she learned every aspect of acting. She also began taking part in outside productions, performing as a dancer in ‘The Green Show’ and doing two performances with the ‘San Diego Repertory Theatre’.
In 1978, she went to San Francisco to study acting as part of the advanced theatre training program at the ‘San Francisco State University’. She eventually earned her bachelor’s degree in theatre arts in 1980. Thereafter, she joined the ‘American Conservatory Theatre’ and got her professional training there.
Bening married choreographer James Steven White on May 26, 1984. They separated in 1991. Bening married Warren Beatty on March 3, 1992. They have four children.
Annette Bening Net Worth
Annette Bening has a net worth of $70 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$70 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
Annette Bening Movies And TV Shows
- Annette Bening started her acting career in 1980 when she started working for the Colorado Shakespeare Festival company.
- She lived there until 1983, and then she entered the ‘American Conservatory Theatre’ in San Francisco.
- She spent the 1985-1986 season with the ‘Denver Center Theatre Company’ and acted in their productions like ‘Macbeth’, ‘Pygmalion’ and ‘Cherry Orchard’ during this period.
- In November 1986, she began her off-Broadway debut as the protagonist in the show ‘Coastal Disturbance’. When the production was carried to Broadway in February 1987, she continued to perform the same role.
- She made her television debut in 1986 by appearing in the television film ‘Manhunt for Claude Dallas’. It was followed by two television series ‘Miami Vice’ and ‘Wiseguy’ in 1987.
- In 1998, while Bening was performing on Broadway in a leading character in ‘Coastal Disturbance’, she also made her film debut in ‘The Great Outdoors’.
- It was developed by the Colin Firth-starrer drama film ‘Valmont’ (1989), in which she performed as Marquise de Merteuil.
- Impressed by her appearance in ‘Valmont’, Frears cast Bening as Myra Langtry in his neo-noir crime drama film ‘The Grifters’ (1990). She not only received critical acclaim for her portrayal of Myra but also earned her first ‘Academy Award’ nomination.
- Thereafter, she was seen in important characters in movies like ‘Postcards from the Edge’ (1990), ‘Guilty by Suspicion’ (1991), and ‘Regarding Henry’ (1991).
- In 1991, she got her first leading performance, appearing as Virginia Hill opposite Warren Beatty in ‘Bugsy’.
- Thereafter, she took a three-year break before serving again with Beatty in ‘Love Affair’ in 1994.
- In 1995, Bening depicted Queen Elizabeth in ‘Richard III’ and Sydney Ellen Wade in ‘The American President’. These films were followed by uniformly notable ‘Mars Attack’ (1996), ‘The Siege’ (1998), ‘In Dreams’ (1999), and ‘American Beauty’ (1999).
- She earned an ‘Academy Award’ nomination in the ‘Best Actress’ category for her performance as Carolyn Burnham in Sam Mendes-directed movie ‘American Beauty’.
- She started the new millennium with the sci-fi film ‘What Planet Are You From’ (2000), before starring in the action movie ‘Open Range’ (2003).
- The year 2002 saw her return to the small screen when she appeared in five episodes of ‘Liberty’s Kids’. It was developed by the TV show ‘The Sopranos’ in 2004 and the made-for-television film ‘Mrs. Harris’ in 2005.
- In the 2000s, Bening won two more ‘Academy Award’ nominations in the Best Actress category for her roles in the films ‘Being Julia’ (2004) and ‘Kids Are All Right’ (2010).
- In between, she performed in notable movies like ‘Running with Scissor’ (2006), ‘The Women’ (2008), ‘Mother and Child’ (2009).
- She returned to stage in 2014, performing as Goneril in ‘King Lear’ at the famous Delacorte Theater, New York City.
- Concurrently, she continued to star in films like ‘Ruby Sparks’ (2012), ‘Girl Most Likely’ (2012), ‘The Face of Love’ (2013), ‘The Search’ (2014), ‘Danny Collins’ (2015), etc.
- As of April 2019, Benning’s last release is ‘Georgetown’, while her other film ‘Hope Gap’ is currently in the pre-production stage. Earlier in 2019, she was seen in the twin roles of Supreme Intelligence and Dr. Wendy Lawson in the superhero movie ‘Captain Marvel’.
|1988||The Great Outdoors|
Postcards from the Edge
|1991||Guilty by Suspicion|
The American President
|1998 ||The Siege|
|1999 ||In Dreams|
|2000||What Planet Are You From?|
|2006||Running with Scissors|
|2009||Mother and Child|
|2010||The Kids Are All Right|
Ginger & Rosa
Girl Most Likely
|2013||The Face of Love|
|2016||20th Century Women|
Rules Don't Apply
|2017||Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool|
|2020||Death on the Nile|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1986||Manhunt for Claude Dallas|
|2005 ||Mrs. Harris|
|2006||Saturday Night Live|
Facts About Annette Bening
- She is a big fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team.
- Annette shares a close correspondence to Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren, who was also a Democratic presidential candidate in 2020.
- Her oldest daughter Kathlyn Beatty came out as transgender at the age of 14. She finally became known as Stephen Ira Beatty.
- Her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was revealed at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard on November 10, 2006.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Are Warren Beatty and Annette Bening still together?”]Bening married choreographer James Steven White on May 26, 1984. They divorced in 1991. Bening married Warren Beatty on March 3, 1992. They have four children.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How old is Annette Bening’s husband?”]Bening, 61, and her husband of almost 30 years, Warren Beatty, 82, is “newish empty nesters,” AARP reports. Ella, the youngest of their four children at 19, began attending Juilliard earlier this year, while Benjamin, 25, and Isabel, 22, have already left home.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What is your favorite Annette Bening movie, and why?”]The American President playing the feisty Sydney Ellen Wade. How you fall in love with a girl who can make the powerful man in the world fall for his knees. Her performance really was excellent and this is a woman with substance.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Do you plan on watching the Livestream 10 act play of the Mueller Report on Monday night, starring a host of anti-Trump stars, including Alyssa Milano, Annette Bening, Kevin Kline, John Lithgow, and many more?”]I read volume one and volume two and kept both separately on tabs on my computer so I could pull them up at will when writing on Quora and needing to double-check the pages certain items were written on. I thought the bulk of the Mueller report was a total waste of taxpayer money and noted that in volume two, page 8 and page 182 contained the exact, duplicate, same, identical words, and (again IMO) most of the declarative statements were qualified by the constant use of words like possible, possibly, unknown motive, maybe, might have, could have, etc., turning those declarative statements into simple opinions without sufficient evidence to merit a straight forward statement.[/wps_faq]