Barun Sobti is a well-known Indian commercial model, television, and film actor. He is best known for playing the role of ‘Amav Singh Raizada’ in Star Plus’s famous TV serial ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?’ with the actress Sanaya Irani. Barun is one of the hottest television actors in the Indian television industry at the moment. He has a huge fan following and is loved by everyone.
Barun Sobti was born in a middle-class Punjabi Sikh family on 21 August 1984 in New Delhi, India. His father’s name is Raj Sobti. His mother is a housewife. He has an elder sister named Richa Arora. The actor shares a close bond with his family. His family has always supported him to make his career in the acting field. The actor shifted to Mumbai to become an actor.
Barun is married to his childhood friend Pashmeen Manchanda. They were first met when they studying in the 9th standard. Gradually they became good friends. They always used to think they are close friends until the time came when Pashmeen had to leave for Australia to complete her graduation, the duo realized their love for each other. After being in the relationship for 5 long years, the couple got married on 12 December 2012 in a private wedding ceremony.
Barun Sobti Wiki/Bio[table id=1777 /]
Barun Sobti Life Journey
He completed his schooling from St. Mark’s School, New Delhi. After then he took admission in the University of Delhi. Barun can speak English, Hindi, and Punjabi. He started working to support his family when he was just 17. He worked for 7 years as an operational manager at a BPO, Jindal Telecom, New Delhi.
Sobti had never thought of making acting as a career until, Karan Wahi, who was offered a role in the TV serial “Shraddha” rejected the offer due to monetary issues and recommended Barun’s name and forwarded his images to the director of the serial. He got selected for the show. That’s how he started his acting career at the age of 26.
Barun Sobti Net Worth
According to Trend Celebs Now, Varun Sood’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Varun Sood in 2023?[table id=1778 /]
Noted, Right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
Barun made his career debut in 2009 with the TV show Shraddha as Swayam Khurana. Soon after, he did a cameo role infamous TV series ‘Dill Mill Gayye’, but he left the show as he got a lead role in the TV serial ‘Baat Hamari Pakki Hai’. He rose to prominence with the television series Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.
Along with acting he has also hosted the Awards Nights and performed in the Star Parivaar Live Concert in 2012. He has also been part of various advertisements such as Reliance Big TV, Hero Honda Passion Pro, Dulux Paints, and Ford Figo.
Barun began his Bollywood debut through the film Main Aur Mr. Right in 2014. The movie failed at the box office, but his performance was appreciated. Barun’s upcoming movie is 22 Yards, a film based on the subject of cricket which is directed by Mitali Ghoshal is due to release in 2017.[table id=1779 /]
Facts about Barun Sobti
- Does Barun Sobti drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does He smoke?: Not Known
- Barun was a naughty child. Even his mother was called by the school’s vice-principal for his notorious acts.
His first income was Rs. 200 which he earned by selling a dinner set in a summer job.
- Initially, he signed “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?” just for a year but after the show started gaining popularity, the producer of the show requested him to stay there for long.
- Barun has also featured in the short film. Dry Dreams focuses on the importance of water conservation.
- When the news came that Barun is being replaced by some other actor in the serial `Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?’, few of his fans threatened that they will commit suicide if Barun leaves the show.
- The television actor, Karan Wahi, and actress, Priyanka Bassi, are Barun’s childhood friends.
- He bought 3 cars at once, all 3 Honda City! One for his father, one for his wife & one for himself.
- He has a phobia of ‘Sky Diving’.
- Barun is fond of bikes. He is an avid dog lover.
- He likes to keep his life personal and hates socializing.
- Sobti got 3rd rank in Sexiest Asian Man by the UK Magazine, Eastern Eye.
- Barun ranked second in the 2017-2018 Gazette Review list of the Most Handsome Men in the World.
38 years, 21 August 1984
Sobti’s wife name is Pashmeen Manchanda.