Riteish Deshmukh is a well-known Indian movie actor, film producer, and architect. He mostly appears in Hindi and Marathi Cinema. Deshmukh shot to fame with his role of ‘Dr. Amar Saxena in the film ‘Masti’. Riteish is considered one of the best comedians and a promising actor in Bollywood. Riteish Deshmukh was born in a Marathi Hindu Family on 17 December 1978 in Latur, Maharashtra, India. His father, Late Vilasrao Deshmukh, was an Indian Politician. Late Vilasrao Deshmukh served as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra for two terms. His mother’s name is Vaishali Deshmukh, a homemaker. He has an elder brother, Amit Deshmukh, and a younger brother, Dheeraj Deshmukh.
Both of them are politicians and associated with the Indian National Congress. Riteish himself is a loyal supporter of the Indian National Congress. Riteish met Genelia for the first time at the test shoot of ‘Tujhe Meri Kasam. Genelia, at first, ignored him as she had a perception that being a CM’s son, he might be a spoilt brat. However, the duo got close to each other during the shoot of the film and started dating. Riteish dated Genelia for almost a decade before getting married to her on 3 February 2012. The couple has two sons. Their elder son, Riaan, was born on 24 November 2014, and their younger son, Rahyl, was born on 1 June 2016.
Riteish Deshmukh Wiki/Bio
[table id=2243 /]
Riteish Deshmukh completed his schooling at GD Somani Memorial School, Mumbai, and later went to Kamala Raheja School of Architecture, Mumbai, to attain a degree in architecture. After that, he went abroad for a year to practice architecture.
Deshmukh owns Evolution Architectural Design Studio Private Limited (an India-based architectural and interior designing firm). Then, Deshmukh joined The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, California, USA, to study theatre. While Riteish was holidaying in London with Subhash Ghai, cinematographer Kabir Lal, offered him his first movie.
It came as a surprise to him, as he never told anyone about his wish to act. He started his film career in the year 2003 with K. Vijay Bhaskar’s “Tujhe Men Kasam” opposite Genelia D’Souza. In the following year, he performed in the role of Jaswinder in the film, Out of Control.
Riteish Deshmukh Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Riteish Deshmukh’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Riteish Deshmukh in 2023?
[table id=2244 /]
- On 30 November 2008, Riteish took Ram Gopal Varma to visit the Taj Hotel in Mumbai, along with his father and then Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Vilasrao Deshmukh, after the 26/11 attacks. This matter was later politicized as both Riteish and Varma were criticized by the media and public for doing an inspection and get the details for their new film on terrorist attacks in Mumbai. Later, Riteish gave the clarification by saying, “I’ve always maintained that he (Ram Gopal Verma) was there because of me. I had taken him there. The media said that my father had invited Ram Gopal Verma (Taj incident) but that’s not true. There is not one shot of the two talking to each other and my father didn’t even know him…To date, they have still not been introduced to each other!”
- In 2016, while hosting an awards show, Riteish jokingly said that John Abraham can never learn acting, even in the next 10-15 years.
In the year 2004, Riteish did a comic role in the comic thriller movie ‘Masti’. His accomplishment earned him 2 minor awards. His comedy character in the film “Masti” placed him as an actor. Riteish’s first successful lead role was in the film “Kya Kool Hai Hum” with Tusshar Kapoor. He also did guest appearances in Darna Zaroori Hai and Namastey London.
After that, he went on to star in successful films including Housefull, F.A.L.T.U, and Double Dhamaal. In the year 2012, he performed in Tere Nall Love Hogya opposite Genelia D’Souza. The film was a commercial hit despite being low-budget. He also appeared as lead actor in the sequels of his movies, Housefull 2, Kya Super Kool Hain Hum, and Grand Masti.
In the year 2014, he made his debut as an antagonist (villain) in the romance-thriller, Ek-Villain. In the following year, he marked his acting debut in Marathi cinema with Lai Bhaari. Riteish produced a Marathi film titled Balak Palak in 2013. He also performed as a judge in the dance reality show, India’s Dancing Superstar.
Apart from acting, the actor has also designed the interiors of Shah Rukh Khan’s production house, ‘Red Chillies Entertainment’, and Karan Johar’s house at the Union Park (Bandra).
[table id=2245 /]
Facts About Riteish Deshmukh
- Does Riteish Deshmukh drink alcohol?: No
- Does Riteish Deshmukh smoke?: No
- On the basis of numerological suggestions, he changed the spelling of his name from ‘Ritesh’ to ‘Riteish’ in 2006.
- Riteish refers to his wife, Genelia, as ‘Baiko’.
- As owner of the ‘Veer Marathi’ team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL), he enjoys playing cricket.
- All of his cars have the number 1 because he loves it so much.
Who is a better actor: Riteish Deshmukh or Jeremy Renner?
Of course, Riteish is a better actor, he can do roles of any genre perfectly, the only thing is he does not get the right script, comedy- impeccable timing, romance. Just watch Lai Bhari, and overshadowed Siddharth Malhotra in Ek Villain. Personally, he is a very kind and down to earth person, Jeremy is also good.
Why did Riteish Deshmukh support Rhea Chakraborty?
Riteish Deshmukh has come out in support of Rhea Chakraborty. He has lauded the actress for taking an action against her neighbor who claimed that she was spotted with late actor Sushant Singh Rajput on June 13, a day before his death.
Does Riteish Deshmukh have squint eyes?
How did Riteish Deshmukh make it big in Bollywood?
Ritesh Deshmukh comes from an influential family. He is the son of the late chief minister of Maharashtra. People from his birthplace Latur ( his native village) said that Deshmukh’s have been very rich for generations and own land in thousands of acres. Do you think it was difficult for him to establish himself as an actor? I love the fact that he is well-educated and cultured.