Alok Nath is a well-known Indian Bollywood Actor and Producer. He is known for his work in Hindi cinema and television. He has portrayed many famous characters and his hard work and determination towards acting have entertained the audiences from his Babuji character along with several other roles.
Alok Nath or the “Sanskaari Actor” or the “Babuji of Bollywood” was born in a Maithil Brahmin family on 10 July 1956 in Khagaria, Bihar, India. He hails from a family of doctors. His grandfather and father were both doctors. His parents’ names are though not known. He has 2 sisters, one of them is a famous actress, Vinita Malika. In the 1980s Alok met, Neena Gupta on the sets of a TV serial and they both began dating each other. In 1987, he married Ashu Singh with whom he has 2 children a daughter, Junhai Nath, and a son, Shivang Nath.
Alok Nath Wiki/Bio[table id=2479 /]
Alok Nath completed his schooling at Modem School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi and then he joined the Hindu College, Delhi. He also received a Graduate degree in Theatre from the National School of Drama. His father and grandfather were both doctors, Alok was also demanded to become one. But he had his own desire to follow. Since childhood, Alok was an active participant in college and school skits.
In 1980, Alok Nath made his Television debut with the show Rishtey-Naate. After two years, in 1982, Nath made his big-screen debut with the film, “Gandhi”. Till 1986 he only portrayed small and insignificant characters in Films. Lack of work and money led him to perform in Buniyaad in 1986, in which he played the character of an old man despite he was in his 20s. His act in the film was broadly appreciated which resulted in more movie offers for the parts of fathers rather than the roles suitable for his age.
Alok Nath Net Worth
Alok Nath has an estimated net worth of $12 million.[table id=2480 /]
- In June 2015, Alok Nath posted a selfie with her daughter on Twitter as Prime Minister Modi had urged people to post their father-daughter selfies for the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ Campaign. On the post, a woman named Kavita Krishnan tweet PM Modi “Stalker PM Modi”. Though the tweet did not go down well, Alok Nath in a reply posted an offensive tweet on her.
- In the year 2018, during the MeToo campaign, Navneet Nishan alleged that Alok Nath harassed her in the 1990s. She also made allegations that he called her a drug user in an interview with Movie magazine. Moreover, actresses like Deepika Amin, Sandhya Mridul, and writer Vinita Nanda also blamed him for sexual harassment.
- On 21 November 2018, Vinta Nanda filed an FIR against him for allegedly raping her.
Alok Nath acted as a Father to the actors who were younger than him, equal to his age and almost double his age. He needed to split his stereotype father image, so he acts in the film Kamagni in 1987 as the lead actor with Tina Munim (Ambani). But the movie could not do well and was a big flop.
Alok Nath has a long table of films to credit but he is mostly recognized for his successful movies including Maine Pyar Kiya, Hum Saath-Saath Hain, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Pardes, Vivah, Taal. The talented actor has forever tried to demonstrate his versatility.
Not only positive characters, but the accomplished actor also portrayed negative roles in movies like Bol Radha Bol, Shadyantra, and Vinashak. Nath has worked in more than 500 movies and around 45 TV shows. Alok has worked in numerous regional movies as well. Recently, Alok Nath has acted in Star Plus serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, as Tara’s grandfather.[table id=2482 /]
Facts About Alok Nath
- Does Alok Nath drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Alok Nath smoke?: Yes
- Before arriving in Mumbai, he was an intense theatre artist in Delhi.
- He had portrayed the role of Amitabh Bachchan‘s Father in ‘Agneepath’ in 1990 when Amitabh Bachchan was 48 and he was just 34.
- Alok Nath has only once denied to perform a father’s role when he was requested to play Jeetendra‘s father.
- In Dec 2013, when he was fully inactive as an actor got his name trending on social media as some netizens had created a series of a funny meme on him.
67 years (10 July 1956).