Raj Kundra is a very respectable British businessman and an entrepreneur whose family originates from India who showed great business skills which brought him a huge net worth through the years. His biggest interest is in cricket which is his huge love. He is also known for his wife, a beautiful Bollywood actress named Shilpa Shetty. Raj Kundra Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki He is known for his connections to a lot of controversial business projects.
He gained serious allegations for his involvement in a partly illegal business event. He is considered as a very capable businessman who knows how to make use of anything, even something that looks like trash to others. That is why he successfully earned a lot of money by buying apartments and properties and selling them at a higher price. As of 2009, Kundra was Chief Executive Officer of Essential General Trading LLC. This company has been introduced throughout the media as being “a Dubai-based international trading company. The primary work of this company is dealing in the area of metals, construction, mining, and green renewable energy projects”.
Raj Kundra Wiki/Bio
[table id=507 /]
Raj Kundra Family
- Raj Kundra was born on November 9, 1975, in London, the capital city of the United Kingdom to a family that originates from Punjabi in India.
- His father’s name is Bal Krishan Kundra and his mother is named Usha Rani Kundra.
His father came to London from India’s region of Punjabi in the hope of a better life. He came from a city named Ludhiana, which is settled in Punjabi, north of the city of Delhi.
- After coming to the United Kingdom he became a conductor of the London Bus and later on, he managed to open his own small business, saving money and living in modesty.
- Raj’s mother was a shop assistant and also worked long hours to help her father and provide their family with a better life.
Raj Kundra Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Raj Kundra’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Raj Kundra in 2023?
[table id=508 /]
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
Raj Kundra Business
As of 2013, Raj Kundra was associated with Groupco Developers, a real estate firm that operated in eight Indian cities, Ashwini Steel, which made mild steel from scrap, TMT Global, which claimed to predict stock prices, Essential Sports and Media which was involved with production and distribution apart from sports, and Iconic Investments, which claimed to be a private fund trading in equity markets. Other ventures included Gold Gate Trading, which described itself as a trade and investment firm based in Dubai.
In 2015, Kundra was among the promoters of online and television broadcast platform Best Deal TV, an Indian television home shopping channel capitalizing on celebrity endorsements. His co-promoter was Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar.
Raj Kundra Indian Premier League
In 2009, Kundra and Shetty invested in the Indian Premier League cricket team Rajasthan Royals using an offshore company based in Mauritius as the vehicle for doing so. The couple hoped to use Shetty’s image and status as a “global brand” as a means of boosting the image of the team through merchandising and media exposure, as well as attracting sponsors. The legality of the investment was questioned by departments of the Government of India.
In June 2013, Kundra was questioned by Delhi Police with regard to the 2013 Indian Premier League spot-fixing case, which had involved the arrest of some Rajasthan Royals players. Kundra admitted that he had bet on his own team and lost huge amounts in doing so. In July 2015 a panel appointed by the Supreme Court of India imposed a life ban from the cricket-related activity on him. In 2018, Kundra denied that he had done anything wrong and said that he was to appeal the ban at the Supreme Court of India. He and his wife had to sell their stake in the business following the ban.
Match Indian Poker League
Kundra has previously had to shut down two ventures related to online poker and stock games. The former was closed in December 2016 when it became clear that his claims that it was endorsed by people such as Shane Warne and Shahid Kapoor were false. This followed the stock games closure in September of that year, which was due to queries being raised by the Securities and Exchange Board of India regarding its legality. Following these setbacks, in 2017, Kundra entered into a partnership with the International Federation of Poker, using his Viaan Industries business as a vehicle.
Super Fight League
Kundra and Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt launched India’s first professional mixed martial arts fighting league, the Super Fight League, on 16 January 2012. Legal problems caused the business to cease operating in 2013.
Some known facts about Raj Kundra
- Does Raj Kundra smoke?: No
- Does Raj Kundra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Raj was a college dropout, who started his business after a visit to Nepal in the 90s, which changed his life.
- Earlier, his father shifted to London from India and initially worked there as a bus conductor.
- He belongs to Punjabi family background.
- In Nepal, he found Pashmina shawls, which he later imported to popular fashion houses in London.
- He is a sports lover and co-owned the IPL team Rajasthan Royals.
- He also Kundra and Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt together launched India’s first professional mixed martial arts fighting league — the Super Fight League – on 16 January 2012.
- He raises funds for his wife Shilpa Shetty’s charity The Shilpa Shetty Foundation that helps orphan and underprivileged children.
- In 2013, he wrote a book called How Not to Make Money.
He and his wife Shilpa’s Ex-boyfriend Akshay Kumar share a birthday on the same day (9 September).
- Once he insulted Salman Khan by saying that “I can bet Salman doesn’t earn that much…well, at least nowhere near me”.
- He also criticized Shah Rukh Khan‘s Frooti ad commercial’s background song.
What is Raj Kundra worth?
Shilpa Shetty got married to business tycoon Raj Kundra on November 22, 2009. It is reported that Raj Kundra’s net worth is around $400 million or ₹2700 crores.
How did Raj Kundra make his money?
Kundra ventured out and struck gold in Nepal. He bought pashmina shawls, sold them to all major fashion houses in Britain and made his first millions. Then he got into diamond trading in Dubai. “Ï had done a small course in diamonds.
Where is Raj Kundra from?
London, United Kingdom
Does Raj Kundra meet his daughter?
Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra was first married to Kavita Kundra. They too had an ugly fight for the custody of their child Deleena. Initially, Raj was allowed to visit his daughter during the weekends and on weekdays in Kavita’s presence.
Who is Raj Kundra’s first wife?
Kavita Kundra, He married Shilpa Shetty in 2009. His first wife was Kavita Kundra but divorced her in 2006.