Rahul Roy is a popular Indian film Producer, Model, and Actor who was born on February 9, 1968, in Kolkata in the state of West Bengal, India. He is famously known for his role in Bollywood blockbuster films Aashiqui, Junoon, and others. Rahul Roy is an Indian film actor, who works in Bollywood films. He debuted in the hit Mahesh Bhatt production Aashiqui (1990) for which he is famous for. His popularity increased with the 1992 film Sapne Saajan Ke, in which he was helped by having the music of Nadeem Shravan, with Kumar Sanu’s vocals, that he picturized.
His most famous hits include “Tu Meri Zindagi Hai” and “Ab Tere Bin Jee Lenge Hum” and “Jaane Jigar Jaan-e-Man”. He was also one of the first Hindi film actors who fashioned the long hair mane. Subsequent to his first movie’s resounding success, star wannabes rushed to the salons asking for a “Rahul Roy” haircut. He won the game show Bigg Boss by public vote.
Rahul Roy is an Indian model, actor, and producer. He is best known for his debut film Aashiqui. in 1990, which established him as an overnight star in Bollywood.
- Akshara Haasan Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
- Puneet Issar Bio, Age, Height, Son, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
Rahul Roy Bio/Wiki
Rahul Roy is an Indian actor, former model, and producer who is known for his presence in the Bollywood movies. The actor became popular for his movie released in 1990 Aashiqui, he became an overnight sensation, but he did not do well after that movie. His last hit was Junoon; then he never had a hit film as a lead role. Later on, he started to get an offer for supporting roles, which he accepted with a smile on his face.
Rahul Roy was born in Mumbai, and later, his family shifted to New Delhi. His father Deepak Roy was a businessman in Delhi. His mother Indira Roy worked as a writer for UNICEF magazine. He has a twin brother Rohit Roy, who is 25 minutes younger to him. His maternal uncle Cory Walia is a well-known name in the fashion world.
Rahul Roy Net Worth
According to WoodGram, Rahul Roy’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Rahul Roy in 2022?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$1 Million - $5 Million (Approx.)|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2021)||$100,000 - $1 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review.|
|Income Source||Main Income source Movie Actor (profession).|
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Rahul Roy is known as one of the richest movie actors in India. Rahul Roy, reportedly also held the position among the list of the most popular movie actors. His estimated net worth is between USD 100,000 to USD 1 million at the age of 52 according to various reports. Recently, Rahul Roy made an appearance on the popular The Kapil Sharma Show. The actor took to his Instagram account to share the pictures from the show.
The actor is very popular on Instagram and he is also popularly referred to as the Aashiqui boy by his fans. He never made any of his relationship public. He never opened up about his private life. On the work front, Rahul Roy will be seen in the 2020 film Agra. The film is directed by Kanu Behl and is produced under the banner of Yoodlee films. The story of the film revolves around politics and its consequences on one’s relationships and families.
Rahul Roy Movies And TV Shows List
|1991||Pyaar Ka Saaya|
Dilwale Kabhi Na Hare
Sapne Sajan Ke
Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee
|2000||Tune Mera Dil Le Liya|
|2001||Afsana Dilwalon Ka|
|2006||Bipasha – The Black Beauty|
Ada A Way of Life
|2015||2B Or Not To B|
|2017||2016 The End|
|2018||Night & Fog|
|2019||A Thin Line|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2003-2004||Karishma The Miracles of Destiny as Rahul|
|2006||Bigg Boss 1 as a contestant - winner|
|2016||Comedy Nights Bachao - as Special Guest|
|2020||The Kapil Sharma Show - as Special Guest|
|In Movie Junoon · 1992||Prem Prem O Meri Dilruba|
|In Movie Dilwale Kabhi Na Hare · 1992||Khushboo Tumhare Pyar Ki|
|In Movie Gumrah · 1993||Yeh Hai Sharabkhana|
|In Movie Sapne Sajan Ke · 1992||Yeh Dua Hai Meri |
|In Movie Pyaar Ka Saaya · 1991||Too Chahat Hai |
|In Movie Ada A Way of Life · 2010||Tu Mera Hai |
Gum SumIshq Ada (Male Version)
Ishq Ada (Male Version)
Hawa Sun Hawa
Milo Wahan Wahan
|In Movie Rafta Rafta · 2006||Lagi Lagan|
|In Movie Pyaar Ka Saaya · 1991||Pyaar Ka Saaya-Duet|
|In Movie Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee · 1993||Dil Mein Sanam Ki Soorat|
|In Movie Megha · 1996||Kuch Log|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Roy
- Does Rahul Roy drink alcohol?: Yes
- He has 25 minutes younger twin brother, Rohit Roy. His maternal uncle, Cory Walia is a popular name in the fashion industry.
- Actor, Shah Rukh Khan was his batchmate in St. Columbus High School, New Delhi.
- His parents got divorced when he was 11 years old. After his parent’s separation, Rahul, along with his brother Rohit, shifted to a boarding school in Himachal Pradesh. In his boarding school, Sanjay Dutt was his senior and Pooja Bedi was his junior.
- After completing his graduation, he started working in his father’s company. He met the fashion designer, Rohit Khosla in Delhi. Rohit asked Rahul to try his luck in modeling. Rahul started his career in modeling and within 20 days, the designer and choreographer Hemant Trivedi spotted him and offered him a modeling project in Mumbai.
- In the late 1980s, his mother used to write articles for a fashion magazine, Mahesh Bhatt read her article and he liked it, later, he arranged a meeting with her. She showed Rahul’s photos to Mahesh Bhatt, he liked his photos and expressed his desire to cast Rahul in his film. In an interview, Rahul revealed this story, he said,
After reading an article that my mother wrote for a fashion glossy, Mahesh Bhatt Sahab expressed the desire to meet her. That’s when he saw my pictures and asked whether I would want to work in Hindi films. So, my mother asked me to meet Bhatt Sahab once. He told me to come and see him at his Juhu home. When I met him, he narrated a line about the film (Aashqui) and I was convinced to do it.”
- Rahul acted in the film Aashiqui (1990) along with Anu Aggarwal and Deepak Tijori. The film was houseful for almost six months, which was a great achievement for the whole ‘Aashiqui’ team. Rahul became very popular after the film, and people started recognizing him as ‘Aashiqui boy.’
- At that time, his hairstyle became a trendsetter in India.
- He signed 47 films in 11 days just after the success of his debut film, but he rejected some films due to his busy schedule.
- He has acted in many Bollywood films like Pyaar Ka Saaya (1991), Junoon (1992), Sapne Sajan Ke (1992), Naseeb (1997), and Phir Kabhi (1999).
- He acted in the autobiographical film of Mahesh Bhatt titled ‘Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee’ along with Pooja Bhatt.
- In 1998, he met supermodel Rajlaxmi Khanvilkar at a party. They became friends, and soon, fell in love with each other. In 2000, the couple got married and after almost 14 years, the couple got divorced. Reportedly, the reason behind their divorce was that Rajlaxmi wanted to set up her business in Australia, but Rahul was not comfortable with her decision to settle in Australia. In an interview, Rahul said,
- He has appeared in a few TV serials including Kaise Kahoon (1998), Karishma- The Miracles of Destiny (2003), and Comedy Nights Bachao (2016).
- Later, his downfall started, and his maximum films failed to do well on the box-office. In 2007, he participated in the first season of Bigg Boss. He won the title which consisted of a trophy and Rs 1 crore.
- In 2011, he started ‘Rahul Roy Productions’ his own film production company. He continued acting in films as well. He appeared in the films like 2B Or Not To B (2015), 2016 The End (2017), Cabaret (2019), and Agra (2020).
- He was featured in the music video ‘Sufiyana Tu’ in December 2019.
- In February 2020, he appeared with his Aashiqui (1990) film co-actors Anu Aggarwal and Deepak Tijori in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show.’
- He owns ‘Rajpipla Kings,’ a cricket team of Gujarat’s Iconic VPL-Valiant Premier League.
- In 2017, he joined the BJP at the party headquarters in New Delhi. On joining the BJP, he said,
- The way Narendra Modi Ji and Amit Shah Ji have been taking the country forward and the way the perspective of the world towards India has changed in the past two years is remarkable. I am elated to have taken this decision.”
- He has been honored with life membership of the ‘International Film and Television Club’ of ‘Asian Academy of Film & Television.’
- He is often invited as the chief guest at various events.
- He revealed in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ in 2020 that he was offered to play the role of Shah Rukh Khan in the Bollywood film Darr (1993), but due to his busy schedule, he rejected the offer.
- In an interview, Kareena Kapoor said that Rahul Roy was her first celebrity crush.
- He posts pictures with various animals on his Instagram account.
Who Is Rahul Roy Son?
Actor Aayush Shah Will Play On-screen Son To Bollywood Actor And “Big Boss 1” Winner Rahul Roy In Tanvir Ahmed’s Autobiographical Film “Night And Fog”.
Is Rahul Roy Bengali?
Rahul Roy Is A Popular Indian Film Producer, Model, And Actor Who Was Born On February 9, 1968, In Kolkata In The State Of West Bengal, India. He Is Famously Known For His Role In Bollywood Blockbuster Films Aashiqui, Junoon, And Others.
How Old Is Rahul Roy?
54 Years (9 February 1968)
Who Is Rahul Roy Wife?
Rajlaxmi R. Roy, M. 2000–2014, Rahul Roy Wife