Pooja Bhatt (born 24 February 1972) is an Indian film director, actress, voice-over artist, model, and filmmaker. The recipient of several accolades, including two National Film Award.
Born into the Bhatt family, she is the daughter of Indian filmmaker, Mahesh Bhatt. Bhatt played her first leading role in Mahesh Bhatt’s television film Daddy in 1989. For the film, Pooja Bhatt won the Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for Best Female Debut.
Pooja Bhatt Bio/Wiki
[table id=687 /]
Pooja Bhatt Family
Bhatt was born on 24 February 1972 to Mahesh Bhatt and Kiran Bhatt (born Loraine Bright). On her father’s side, Bhatt is of predominately Gujarati descent and on her mother’s side, Pooja Bhatt is of English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese ancestry. She is the step-daughter of Soni Razdan.
She has a brother, Rahul Bhatt and half-sisters Shaheen and Alia Bhatt. Her cousins are Hitarth Bhat and Emraan Hashmi.
Pooja Bhatt Net Worth
Pooja is an Indian Movie Actress who has a net worth of $5 million at the age of 51. Pooja Bhatt’s income source is mostly from being a successful Movie Actress. She is from Mumbai, India. Daughter of acclaimed Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt and star of several popular Bollywood films. She also forged a successful career as a producer, director, and production designer. On-Net Worth Stats, Pooja Bhatt is a member of movie actresses and popular celebrities.
[table id=688 /]
Pooja Bhatt Career/Movies
- Bhatt made her acting debut at age 17, in 1989 with Daddy, a TV film directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt. In the film, she portrayed a soul-searching teenage girl in an estranged relationship with her alcoholic father, played by actor Anupam Kher.
- Her biggest solo hit and her big-screen debut came with the musical hit Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991), which was a remake of the Oscar-winning Hollywood classic It Happened One Night. Pooja Bhatt appeared in many bold shoots like Stardust.
- Pooja is set to return to acting after almost two decades in Sadak 2, a sequel to the hit 1991 film. The film will see her and Sanjay Dutt reprising their roles from the original and her sister Alia Bhatt and Aditya Roy Kapur joining the cast. Her father will be returning to directing with this film after 20 years and it is set for release in 2020.
Pooja Bhatt Movies
[table id=689 /]
Pooja Bhatt Awards/Nominations
[table id=690 /]
Some Known Facts About Pooja Bhatt
- Does Pooja smoke?: No
- Does Pooja drink alcohol?: No (Was an alcohol addict earlier; however, gave it up after undergoing rehab)
- She is the cousin of Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi and step-daughter of the Bollywood actress and film director Soni Razdan.
- Her big-screen debut film Dil Hai Ke Maanta Nahin was a remake of the Hollywood movie, It Happened One Night.
- Pooja Bhatt won a National Film Award for the Best Film on Other Social Issues, for her movie Tamanna.
What is the relation between Pooja and Alia Bhatt?
On her father’s side, Bhatt is of predominately Gujarati descent and on her mother’s side, she is of English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese ancestry. She is the step-daughter of Soni Razdan. She has a brother, Rahul Bhatt and half-sisters Shaheen and Alia Bhatt. Her cousins are Hitarth Bhat and Emraan Hashmi.
Who is Pooja’s mother?
What is the age of Pooja?
51 years (24 February 1972)
Is Pooja Alia Bhatt’s mother?
Pooja Bhatt is Alia Bhatt’s step-sister. Pooja Bhatt’s mother is Kiran Bhatt, Mahesh Bhatt’s first wife. Aia Bhatt is the daughter of Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan. SRK and Pooja Bhatt acted together in the 1996 film ‘Chaahat’ while SRK and Alia were paired together in the 2016 film ‘Dear Zindagi’.
Who is the father of Bhatt?