Pooja Bhatt Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Pooja Bhatt (born 24 February 1972) is an Indian film director, actress, voice-over artist, model, and filmmaker. The recipient of several accolades, including two National Film Award.
Born into the Bhatt family, she is the daughter of Indian filmmaker, Mahesh Bhatt. Bhatt played her first leading role in Mahesh Bhatt’s television film Daddy in 1989. For the film, Pooja Bhatt won the Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for Best Female Debut.
Pooja Bhatt Family
Bhatt was born on 24 February 1972 to Mahesh Bhatt and Kiran Bhatt (born Loraine Bright). On her father’s side, Bhatt is of predominately Gujarati descent and on her mother’s side, Pooja Bhatt is of English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese ancestry. She is the step-daughter of Soni Razdan.
She has a brother, Rahul Bhatt and half-sisters Shaheen and Alia Bhatt. Her cousins are Hitarth Bhat and Emraan Hashmi.
Father- Mahesh Bhatt (Film Director)
Mother- Kiran Bhatt (Birth name- Loraine Bright)
Brother- Rahul Bhatt (Fitness Trainer)
Sister- Alia Bhatt (Bollywood Actress, half-sister), Shaheen Bhatt (Half-Sister), both daughters of Soni Razdan.
Pooja Bhatt Bio
Real Name Pooja Bhatt
Profession Actress, producer, director
Pooja Bhatt Physical Stats
Height in centimeters- 159 cm
in meters- 1.59 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 2½”
Weight (approx.) in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Pooja Bhatt Age, Personal Life
Date of Birth 24 February 1972
Age (as in 2017) 45 Years
Birth Place Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Pisces
School Not Known
College Not Known
Educational Qualifications Not Known
Debut TV- Daddy (1989)
Film- Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991)
Ethnicity Gujarati, English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese Kashmiri
Pooja Bhatt Boyfriend/Husband
Marital Status Divorced
Affairs/Boyfriends Ranvir Shorey (VJ, Bollywood Actor and host)
Bobby Deol (Bollywood Actor)
Fardeen Khan (Bollywood Actor)
Munish Makheeja (Indian VJ and restaurateur)
Husband/Spouse Manish Makhija (2003–2014) (separated)
Current Relationship Status Single
Pooja Bhatt Instagram
Pooja Bhatt Net Worth
Pooja Bhatt Net Worth: Pooja Bhatt net worth: $950 thousand
Pooja is an Indian Movie Actress who has a net worth of $950 thousand at the age of 47. Pooja Bhatt’s income source is mostly from being a successful Movie Actress. She is from Mumbai, India. Daughter of acclaimed Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt and star of several popular Bollywood films. She also forged a successful career as a producer, director, and production designer. On-Net Worth Stats, Pooja Bhatt is a member of movie actresses and popular celebrities.
Pooja Bhatt Career/Movies
- Bhatt made her acting debut at age 17, in 1989 with Daddy, a TV film directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt. In the film, she portrayed a soul-searching teenage girl in an estranged relationship with her alcoholic father, played by actor Anupam Kher.
- Her biggest solo hit and her big-screen debut came with the musical hit Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991), which was a remake of the Oscar-winning Hollywood classic It Happened One Night. Pooja Bhatt appeared in many bold shoots like Stardust.
- Her most well-known films in the 1990s included Sadak opposite Sanjay Dutt (1991), Junoon, Jaanam and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee opposite Rahul Roy, Sir (1993) and Guneghar (1995) opposite Atul Agnihotri, Tadipaar (1993) and Naaraaz (1994) opposite Mithun Chakraborty, Hum Dono opposite Rishi Kapoor, Angrakshak opposite Sunny Deol (1995), Chaahat opposite Shah Rukh Khan (1996), Tamanna (1997), the super-hit and multi-starrer Border (1997) and Zakhm (1998), opposite Ajay Devgan. Bhatt has also acted in some popular hit regional Indian films.
- Pooja is set to return to acting after almost two decades in Sadak 2, a sequel to the hit 1991 film. The film will see her and Sanjay Dutt reprising their roles from the original and her sister Alia Bhatt and Aditya Roy Kapur joining the cast. Her father will be returning to directing with this film after 20 years and it is set for release in 2020.
Pooja Bhatt Movies
As An Actress
Year /Film /Role
1989 Daddy Pooja
1991 Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin Pooja Dharamchand
1992 Prem Deewane Radha
Saatwan Aasman Pooja Malhotra
Junoon Dr. Nita V. Chauhan
1993 Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee Pooja
Chor Aur Chaand Reema D. Seth
Pehla Nasha Monica
Tadipaar Mohini Devi/Namkeen
1994 Kranti Kshetra Pooja
Kalloori Vaasal Pooja
1995 Gunehgar Pooja Thakur
Hum Dono Priyanka Surendra Gupta
Angrakshak Priyanka Choudhary/Priya
1996 Chaahat Pooja
1997 Tamanna Tamanna Ali Sayed
1998 Yeh Aashiqui Meri Anju
Kabhi Na Kabhi Tina
Zakhm Mrs. Desai
2000 Yeh Pyar Hi To Hai
Sanam Teri Kasam Seema Khanna
2001 Everybody Says I’m Fine! Tanya
2020 Sadak 2 TBA
As A Crew Member
Year /Film Producer/ Director /Production Designer
1997 Tamanna Yes No No
1998 Dushman Yes No No
1998 Zakhm Yes No No
2002 Sur: The Melody of Life Yes No No
2003 Jism Yes No Yes
2003 Paap Yes Yes Yes
2005 Rog Yes No No
2006 Holiday Yes Yes No
2007 Dhokha No Yes No
2010 Kajraare No Yes No
2012 Jism 2 Yes Yes No
2019 Cabaret Yes No No
Pooja Bhatt Awards/Nominations
Year /Award(s) /Film(s) /Category /Result
1991 Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year Daddy New Face Of The Year Won
1997 National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues Tamanna Best Film On Other Social Issues
1999 Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration Zakhm Best Feature Film On National Integration
2004 Zee Cine Awards Paap Best Debuting Director Nominated
Pooja Bhatt Controversies
Mahesh Bhatt became the talk of the town and was slammed by fans after the filmmaker shot for a magazine cover which showed him and his daughter Pooja kissing each other on the lips. However, the quote which further fuelled the fire was: “If Pooja wasn’t my daughter, I’d love to marry her.”
Some Known Facts About Pooja Bhatt
- Does Pooja smoke?: No
- Does Pooja drink alcohol?: No (Was an alcohol addict earlier; however, gave it up after undergoing rehab)
- She is the cousin of Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi and step-daughter of the Bollywood actress and film director Soni Razdan.
- Her big-screen debut film Dil Hai Ke Maanta Nahin was a remake of the Hollywood movie, It Happened One Night.
- Pooja Bhatt won a National Film Award for the Best Film on Other Social Issues, for her movie Tamanna.
- Pooja Bhatt also won the Nargis Dutt Award, a special category of National Film Awards, for the movie Zakhm.
- If not an actress, she would have been an astronaut.
- Her movie Holiday was confused with the Akshay Kumar starrer “Holiday – A soldier is never off duty”. The
- She is close friends with Sharad Kapoor and likes to hang out with her gang of lads.
- Pooja Bhatt prefers to use her real name for the different characters she plays in the movies.
- Her relationship with her fiance Ranvir Shorey was abusive and she also stated that he beat her down too.
- Other than her acting, producing and directing on the big screen, she appeared in a documentary called Sunset Bollywood (2005), in which she talks about the Bollywood star Rahul Roy.
- Pooja Bhatt did a nude photoshoot with just bronze paint on her body.
- Pooja was offered the role of the lead actress in the famous movie “Aashiqui” but she refused the role because her then-boyfriend did not agree to it. She was in love with him since she was 12 and started dating him at 16. At 17, when she had done only two hit movies, her boyfriend asked her to quit acting.
- Pooja Bhatt would like to make a documentary on her father’s life.
- Her uncles late Balwant Bhatt and late Nanabhai Bhatt were famous Bollywood directors.