Karishma Tanna Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Karishma Tanna (born 21 December 1983) is an Indian film actress, television actress, model and anchor who predominantly works in Hindi films and shows. She is well known for her roles in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Nagarjuna – Ek Yodha and Qayamat Ki Raat. She was a contestant and first runner-up in the reality show Bigg Boss in 2014. She also appeared in other reality shows like Zara Nachke Dikha (2008), Nach Baliye (2015) and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2016).
After her Bollywood debut Grand Masti, she appeared in Tina & Lolo, as well as in Sanjay Dutt’s biopic film Sanju, opposite Ranbir Kapoor. She played Naagrani Ruhi / Huzoor in Ekta Kapoor’s Naagin 3 on Colors TV. She was recently seen playing the lead role of Gauri/Vaidehi in Kapoor’s Qayamat Ki Raat on Star Plus.
Karishma Tanna Family
Tanna was born and brought up in a Gujarati family. She lives with her mother and is very close to her, as her father died in October 2012
Tanna started dating actor Upen Patel in 2014 when they met inside the Bigg Boss house and later was engaged to him. In 2016, they split up.
Simran Kaur Mundi Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Anurag Kashyap Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Karishma Tanna Bio
Real Name Karishma Tanna
Profession(s) Actress, Model, Host
Famous For Her participation in ‘Bigg Boss 8’ (2014-15)
Karishma Tanna Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 32-28-34
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Black
Karishma Tanna Personal Life
Date of Birth 21 December 1983
Age (as in 2017) 34 Years
Birthplace Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Sagittarius
Hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School Not Known
College/University Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Educational Qualification Graduate
Debut Film: Dosti: Friends Forever (2005, Bollywood)
I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona (2011, Kannada)
TV: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2001)
Caste Kshatriya (Lohana)
Food Habit Non-vegetarian
Hobbies Reading, Travelling, Gymming, Watching movies
Awards 2015- Television Style Award for the ‘Stylish Female in a Reality Show’ for ‘Bigg Boss 8’
2016- Zee Gold Award for the ‘Most Fit Actress’
Tattoo Left wrist- ‘Maa’ written in Hindi
Karishma Tanna Boyfriend/Husband
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Bappa Lahiri (Musician)
Hanif Hilal (Model)
Rushabh Choksi (Restaurateur)
Upen Patel (Actor, Model)
Karishma Tanna ‘s Net Worth and Lifestyle
She charges nearly about 80 thousand per episode and has an estimated net worth of 2 crore INR. Her source of income includes acting, modeling, dancing and hosting different reality shows.
Karishma Tanna Career/Television
- Tanna appeared in Balaji Telefilms’ soap opera Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (July 2000 – November 2008), where she played the character Indu. She appeared in Balaji Telefilms’ drama production, Kahi To Milenge (November 2002 – 2003).
- Tanna worked as the female lead for the TV series Koi Dil Mein Hai (December 2003 – February 2005) as Krutika. Tanna signed up with a project while still working for Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, as her role in Kyunki was not that of a major character. Moreover, Kkoi Dil Mein Hai was a weekly show. Tanna worked for the TV program Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (November 2005 – September 2007) playing the negative character Ayesha. Tanna was also part of Rajshri Productions show Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam (April 2006 – September 2006).
- BR Films signed her up for their drama TV series, Viraasat (June 2006 – July 2007). She played Natasha, a secretary. In 2008, Karishma participated in the dance show Zara Nachke Dikha.
- In September 2006, Tanna made her theater debut with the Hinglish farce/romantic comedy Perfect Wedding, directed by Vandana Sajnani. The work was adapted from Robin Howdon’s British play of the same name. Tanna participated in stage-based comedy TV series Comedy Circus, that started in June 2007. She later came back to Comedy Circus Mahasangram in February 2010.
- Tanna hosted a magic-based reality TV show, India’s Magic Star, that went on air in July 2010. She has also acted in the children’s television program, Baal Veer (October 2012 – 2013), playing Rani Pari.
- Tanna was a celebrity contestant in the popular controversial Colors show, Bigg Boss 8, which started airing in September 2014. She spent a full 4 months inside the house and became a finalist and the first runner-up. In 2015, Tanna participated in the seventh season of dance couple reality show Nach Baliye along with Upen Patel. In November 2015, Karishma appeared as a celebrity guest in Star Plus’s talk show Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi, which was hosted by Amitabh Bachchan.
- In March 2016, Karishma made a guest appearance in the popular stunt reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi in its seventh season. Tanna appeared as a celebrity guest in the popular comedy show Comedy Nights Bachao, which aired on Colors TV one with Upen in February and later in the same year in August 2016 for promoting Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. She again made a small cameo appearance in Comedy Nights Bachao along with Helly Shah for one episode. Karishma participated in the celebrity dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2016. Tanna played a naagin in Life OK’s show Nagarjuna – Ek Yoddha. In January 2017, Tanna was judging BIG Magic’s reality show Big Memsaab along with Sambhavna Seth and Pritam Singh in 2017.
Reyhna Malhotra Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Madonna Sebastian Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Wiki
Year /Name /Role /Channel
2001–2006 Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi Indira Virani Star Plus
2002–2003 Kahi To Milenge Tanisha Sahara One
2003 Manshaa Rhea Zee TV
2003–2004 Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand Tina Star Plus
2003–2004 Kkoi Dil Mein Hai Krutika Sony TV
2004 Shararat Natasha Star Plus
Kkusum Muskaan Sony TV
2005 Raat Hone Ko Hai Sahara One
2005–2006 Paalkhi Palak Zee TV
2005–2006 Ek Ladki Anjaani Si Ayesha Sony TV
2006–2007 Viraasat Natasha Star One
2006 Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam Jitisha Star Plus
2007 Comedy Circus 1 Contestant Sony TV
Nach Baliye 3 Guest Contestant Star Plus
2008 Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket Contestant 9X
Kaho Na Yaar Hai Contestant Star Plus
Zara Nachke Dikha Contestant Star One
Kaante Ki Takkar Host Sony TV
2009 Comedy Champions Host Sahara One
2010 India’s Magic Star Host Star One
Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi Avni
Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo Kiran SAB TV
Meethi Choori No 1 Contestant Imagine TV
2011 Adaalat Ms Jaffrey Sony TV
Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout Contestant Imagine TV
Comedy Circus Maha-Sangram Contestant Sony TV
2012 Baal Veer Rani Pari SAB TV
2013 F.I.R. Cameo
2014 Jeanie Aur Juju Soniya
Comedy Nights with Kapil Guest Colors TV
2014–2015 Bigg Boss 8 Contestant
2015 Bigg Boss Halla Bol Contestant (1st runner-up)
Nach Baliye 7 Contestant along with Upen Patel Star Plus
Kumkum Bhagya Dance Performance Zee TV
Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi Guest Star Plus
2015–2016 MTV Love School – Season 1 Host along with Upen Patel MTV India
2016 Yeh Vaada Raha Dance Performance Zee TV
Box Cricket League – Season 2 The player in Kolkata Baabu Moshayes Colors TV
Comedy Nights Bachao Guest
Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7 Guest in Semi Finale
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9 Contestant
2016–2017 Nagarjuna – Ek Yoddha Maskeeni (Naagin) Life OK
2017 Bigg Boss 10 Guest – panelist/performer Colors TV
BIG Memsaab Judge BIG Magic
Bigg Boss 11 Guest Colors TV
Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung Contestant
2018; 2019 Naagin 3 Naagrani Ruhi (shape-shifting Serpent); Huzoor (demoness)
2018–2019 Qayamat Ki Raat Gauri/ Raajlakshmi/ Vaidehi Star Plus
2018 Kanpur Wale Khuranas Herself
2019 Kitchen Champion Colors TV
Khatra Khatra Khatra
2020 Khatron Ke Khiladi 10 Contestant
- Tanna made her Bollywood debut with the December 2005 film Dosti: Friends Forever, playing Nandini Thapar. Tanna’s second film was a Kannada language movie, I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona, which was released in June 2011. Tanna played the lead actress role of Chethana.
- In September 2013, Grand Masti, a Bollywood sex comedy and a sequel to April 2004 film, Masti was released. Tanna has signed for Tina and Lolo. Tanna’s character had been earlier offered to Minissha Lamba, but Lamba opted out as the script required her kissing Sunny Leone.
- Tanna has acted in several television advertisements, including for Stayfree, Lifebuoy and Nirma.
Year/ Film/ Character/ Notes
2005 Dosti: Friends Forever Nandini Thapar Debut
2011 I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona Chetana Kannada Film
2013 Grand Masti Unatti
2014 Golu Aur Pappu Shalini
2018 Sanju Pinky
TBA Tina and Lolo Lolo Delayed
Year /Award /Show /Category
2003 Star Parivaar Awards Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi Favourite Behen
Indian Telly Awards Best Actress In A Comic Role
2007 Ek Ladki Anjaani Si Best Actress In A Negative Role
2008 Star Guild Awards
2015 Television Style Awards Bigg Boss 8 Stylish Female In A Reality Show
2016 Zee Gold Awards MTV Love School Best Anchor
N/A Most Fit Actor (Female)
2018 Zee Gold Awards N/A
Urvashi Rautela Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Bio & More
Bobby Darling Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karishma
- Does Karishma Tanna smoke?: YesKarishma Tanna smoking
- Does Karishma Tanna drink alcohol?: Yes Karishma Tanna drinking alcohol
- Karishma was born into a middle-class Gujarati family. Karishma Tanna childhood pics
- Since her childhood, she was interested in acting, and at the age of 17, she made her acting debut with the superhit TV show ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ as a frivolous girl “Indira.” Karishma Tanna as Indu Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
- After doing TV for a few years, she tried her luck in Bollywood, but she was either rejected for her height or for being a daily soap actress.
- She had a dream debut in Bollywood in 2005 with the film ‘Dosti: Friends Forever’ which was filled with stars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta, Juhi Chawla. She played the role of Bobby Deol’s sister in the film.
- Her first lead role came up with the Kannada film ‘I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona’ (2011), opposite Prem Kumar.
- She didn’t have the ideal start to her Bollywood career after which she went back to the TV world, and did
- Sony TV’s ‘Comedy Circus’ that resurrected her dying acting career.
- She took cooking classes before entering the ‘Big Boss 8’ house.
- Her Ex-boyfriend, Rushabh Choksi, said that he and Karishma were still in a relationship when Karishma started dating Upen in the ‘Bigg Boss 8’ house.
- She got engaged to Upen Patel in 2015 after he proposed to her on the dance show ‘Nach Baliye 7,’ where they were contestants.
- She considers Kangana Ranaut and Victoria Beckham as her style icon.
- She got the breakthrough in Bollywood with her role as “Madhuri Dixit” in Sanjay Dutt‘s biopic ‘Sanju’ (2018), starring Ranbir Kapoor.