Karishma Tanna is an Indian film actress, television actress, model and anchor who predominantly works in Hindi films and shows. She is well known for her roles in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Nagarjuna – Ek Yodha and Qayamat Ki Raat. She was a contestant and first runner-up in the reality show Bigg Boss in 2014. She also appeared in other reality shows like Zara Nachke Dikha (2008), Nach Baliye (2015) and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2016).
After her Bollywood debut Grand Masti, she appeared in Tina & Lolo, as well as in Sanjay Dutt’s biopic film Sanju, opposite Ranbir Kapoor. She played Naagrani Ruhi / Huzoor in Ekta Kapoor’s Naagin 3 on Colors TV. She was recently seen playing the lead role of Gauri/Vaidehi in Kapoor’s Qayamat Ki Raat on Star Plus.
Karishma Tanna Bio/Wiki
[table id=1072 /]
Karishma Tanna Family
Tanna was born and brought up in a Gujarati family. She lives with her mother and is very close to her, as her father died in October 2012. Tanna started dating actor Upen Patel in 2014 when they met inside the Bigg Boss house and later was engaged to him. In 2016, they split up.
Karishma Tanna Net Worth
She charges nearly about 80 thousand per episode and has an estimated net worth of 40 crore INR. Her source of income includes acting, modeling, dancing and hosting different reality shows.
[table id=1073 /]
Karishma Tanna Career/Television
- Tanna appeared in Balaji Telefilms’ soap opera Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (July 2000 – November 2008), where she played the character Indu. She appeared in Balaji Telefilms’ drama production, Kahi To Milenge (November 2002 – 2003).
- Tanna worked as the female lead for the TV series Koi Dil Mein Hai (December 2003 – February 2005) as Krutika. Tanna signed up with a project while still working for Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, as her role in Kyunki was not that of a major character. Moreover, Kkoi Dil Mein Hai was a weekly show. Tanna worked for the TV program Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (November 2005 – September 2007) playing the negative character Ayesha. Tanna was also part of Rajshri Productions show Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam (April 2006 – September 2006).
- BR Films signed her up for their drama TV series, Viraasat (June 2006 – July 2007). She played Natasha, a secretary. In 2008, Karishma participated in the dance show Zara Nachke Dikha.
- In September 2006, Tanna made her theater debut with the Hinglish farce/romantic comedy Perfect Wedding, directed by Vandana Sajnani. The work was adapted from Robin Howdon’s British play of the same name. Tanna participated in stage-based comedy TV series Comedy Circus, that started in June 2007. She later came back to Comedy Circus Mahasangram in February 2010.
- Tanna hosted a magic-based reality TV show, India’s Magic Star, that went on air in July 2010. She has also acted in the children’s television program, Baal Veer (October 2012 – 2013), playing Rani Pari.
- Tanna was a celebrity contestant in the popular controversial Colors show, Bigg Boss 8, which started airing in September 2014. She spent a full 4 months inside the house and became a finalist and the first runner-up. In 2015, Tanna participated in the seventh season of dance couple reality show Nach Baliye along with Upen Patel. In November 2015, Karishma appeared as a celebrity guest in Star Plus’s talk show Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi, which was hosted by Amitabh Bachchan.
- Tanna made her Bollywood debut with the December 2005 film Dosti: Friends Forever, playing Nandini Thapar. Tanna’s second film was a Kannada language movie, I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona, which was released in June 2011. Tanna played the lead actress role of Chethana.
- In September 2013, Grand Masti, a Bollywood sex comedy and a sequel to April 2004 film, Masti was released. Tanna has signed for Tina and Lolo. Tanna’s character had been earlier offered to Minissha Lamba, but Lamba opted out as the script required her kissing Sunny Leone.
- Tanna has acted in several television advertisements, including for Stayfree, Lifebuoy and Nirma.
[table id=1074 /]
[table id=1075 /]
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karishma
- Does Karishma Tanna smoke?: YesKarishma Tanna smoking
- Does Karishma Tanna drink alcohol?: Yes Karishma Tanna drinking alcohol
- Karishma was born into a middle-class Gujarati family. Karishma Tanna childhood pics
- Since her childhood, she was interested in acting, and at the age of 17, she made her acting debut with the superhit TV show ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ as a frivolous girl “Indira.” Karishma Tanna as Indu Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
- After doing TV for a few years, she tried her luck in Bollywood, but she was either rejected for her height or for being a daily soap actress.
- She had a dream debut in Bollywood in 2005 with the film ‘Dosti: Friends Forever’ which was filled with stars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta, Juhi Chawla. She played the role of Bobby Deol’s sister in the film.
- Her first lead role came up with the Kannada film ‘I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona’ (2011), opposite Prem Kumar.