Philippe Coutinho Correia is a professional Brazilian footballer. He currently plays for the Brazilian national team and the Barcelona soccer club in Barcelona, Spain. His position is that of an attacking midfielder/winger. He was enrolled at a local football academy after demonstrating his talent as a kid. I have excelled while playing for the youth team of “Vasco da Gama” in Brazil. Despite being signed by ‘Internazionale’ in 2008, he was loaned back to ‘Vasco’ due to his underage status. A year after making his senior debut for Brazil, he was offered a loan to Espanyol by Internazionale in 2012. Having signed with the ‘Premier League’ club ‘Liverpool’ in January 2013, he gradually earned the nickname ‘Little Magician’ for his dribbling, passing, and long-range striking skills, along with his vision. The Liverpool FC Fans’ Player of the Year for 2014-2015 and 2015-2016, he was named as part of the PFA Premier League Team of the Year in 2014-2015. In January 2018, he joined Barcelona.
Philippe Coutinho Wiki/Bio
He was born on June 12, 1992, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to José Carlos Correia, an architect, and his wife, Esmerelda Coutinho. He was their youngest son and third child. The Rocha district of Rio de Janeiro is where he grew up.
Football drew his interest at an early age. Cristiano and Leandro, his elder brothers, would often attend the local concrete football pitch with him. Initially, he played futsal but later decided to dedicate himself to football, so he enrolled in a local academy.
Youth coaches of Brazilian football club ‘Vasco da Gama’ discovered his talent at a tournament and contacted his father. He joined the club’s youth system after attending a trial session. Coutinho and his girlfriend, Aine, were married in Brazil in 2012 as a devout Christian.
Philippe Coutinho Net Worth
Philippe Coutinho has a net worth of $60 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$60 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019(Approx)||$40 million|
|Annual Salary||85.8 lakhs EUR|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Porsche|
• Audi Q7
• Range Rover
Before departing to FC Barcelona in January 2018, Coutinho had signed a £200,000 per week deal at Liverpool. However, after arriving at FC Barcelona, he penned down a new contract that sees him rake in £240,000 per week.
Coutinho earns a significant part of his fortune through endorsements. He is linked with some of the biggest brands like Nike, Pro Evolution Soccer, Nissan, and Hugo Boss.
- His success at ‘Vasco da Gama’ led to him playing for the Brazilian ‘Under-15’ football team soon after.
- At age 16, Interiazzionale bought him for a cool €4 million from the famous Italian club. Due to Italy’s ban on professional football for foreigners under the age of 18, Coutinho was loaned to Vasco for two years.
- His help earned Vasco’s promotion in 2009 when he led them to the championship Brasileiro Serie B title. After a year in which he appeared in 31 matches and scored five goals, Coutinho became a key member of the first team.
- In 2009, Brazil’s under-17 football team won the South American Under-17 Football Championship, with Coutinho leading the way.
- His official debut came on August 27 of the same year when he became effective at Internazionale. A free-kick scored by ‘Internazionale’s’ Andrea Pirlo, on May 8, 2011, was his first goal for the club.
- In the meantime, he made his first senior appearance for Brazil on October 7, 2010.
- ‘Espanyol’ of the ‘La Liga’ took him on loan on January 30, 2012. During his first season with Espanyol, he scored his first goal against Rayo Vallecano on March 1, 2012. A month after the season ended, he returned to Internazionale.
- It was confirmed by Liverpool on January 30, 2013, that Coutinho signed a long-term contract with the ‘Premier League’ club. On February 11, 2003, he made his debut with the club, against ‘West Bromwich Albion’. On February 17, 2003, he scored his first goal for the club, as Liverpool beat ‘Swansea City’ 5–0.
- The following month, he was named ‘Player of the Match’ in Liverpool’s 6–0 win over Newcastle United, winning ‘Player of the Month’ for the month of March 2013.
- A Merseyside derby was won by him on November 23, 2013. In a match held at Goodison Park, “Liverpool” and “Everton” were able to finish 3-3.
- “Liverpool” won 3–2 against “Manchester City” in 2014 as he scored the match-winning goal. With this win, Liverpool moved seven points clear of Manchester City in the Premier League standings. Liverpool, however, finished second to Manchester City, which ultimately won the title.
- On February 3, 2015, he signed a new long-term contract with ‘Liverpool,’ meaning he would be with the club until 2020. A 2–1 win for ‘Liverpool’ over ‘Bolton Wanderers’ achieved in the fourth round of ‘The Football Association Challenge Cup’ (FA Cup) that year was due to the goal of Coutinho.
- His February 2015 award for Fans’ Player of the Month was won by him. On March 1, 2015, he scored the winning goal against ‘Manchester City.’ On April 26, 2015, he was named the ‘PFA Premier League Team of the Year’ on May 19, 2015, he was named the ‘Liverpool’s Player of the Season’.
- His name was included in the squad of the Copa América 2015 on May 5, 2015. On June 7 of that year, he scored his first international goal as Brazil defeated Mexico 2–0.
- Coutinho scored the equalizer in the 2016 ‘Football League Cup’ final played on February 28, 2016, at Wembley Stadium. Manchester City went on to win the game in a penalty shootout, thus winning 3–1.
- As a result of Coutinho’s goal in the match against ‘Manchester United’ on March 17, 2016, at ‘Old Trafford,’ Liverpool won that match 3–1, qualifying for the “UEFA Europa League” quarterfinals.
- In the Merseyside derby, he scored Liverpool’s last goal to win 4–0 against Everton on April 21, 2016.
- As a result, he was included in the Brazilian squad for the Copa América Centenario. He scored a hat-trick in the second group game at Citrus Bowl on June 8, 2016, in which Brazil won 7–1.
- During the 2016–2017 season, he was voted as the ‘Man of the Match’ for three matches in a row against ‘West Bromwich Albion,’ ‘Crystal Palace,’ and ‘Watford,’ respectively. Coutinho signed a new five-year contract with the club in January 2017, which meant he would be with the club till 2022.
- His 30th ‘Premier League’ goal came in a match against ‘Stoke. ‘With this, he became the most prolific Brazilian scorer in the ‘Premier League.’
- In the final group game of the 2017-2018 ‘UEFA Champions League,’ played on December 6, 2017, Coutinho served as Liverpool’s captain for the first time because Jordan Henderson was absent. His first hat-trick for the club came in that game. The Reds beat Spartak Moscow with a 7–0 score.
- ‘Liverpool’ confirmed an agreement regarding the transfer of Coutinho to ‘La Liga’ club ‘Barcelona’ on January 6, 2018. During the quarter-finals of the ‘Copa del Rey’ on January 25, 2018, he made his Barcelona debut, scoring the winning goal in a 2–0 victory over Espanyol.
- In the second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-finals on February 8, 2018, he scored his first goal for ‘Barcelona’ against ‘Valencia CF.
Facts About Philippe Coutinho
- Does Philippe Coutinho smoke?: No
- Does Philippe Coutinho drink alcohol?: Yes
- Growing up, he was the third son in the family and looked up to his older brothers for inspiration in football.
- Originally from Rocha, Rio de Janerio, Philippe grew up there. The “Maracana Stadium” is only minutes away from his home.
- His childhood was marked by a lack of confidence to play football with his friends. A concrete pitch near his house was where his elder brothers played football.
- Philippe played football for the first time when he was six years old. Not long after he began to show his talents, people started noticing his skills. He revealed in an interview that it was his friend’s grandmother who encouraged his father to enroll him in the local football academy.
- The local tournaments drew his attention. His world was rocked by Futsal (little fields with fewer players that are similar to football). The game of his became much better because of this.
- Coutinho’s talents were spotted by scouts. Philippe’s father was encouraged by Vasco da Gama’s coaches to take him to the club’s trials. His attitude when he joined the academy was very upsetting and he was not interested in playing. He felt very out of place because he wasn’t willing to talk to his teammates. Soon, he started to feel at ease and lost his shyness after much motivation and encouragement.
- The first time he considered pursuing a career in football was at the age of 13. After that, he was selected to the Brazilian U-14 squad. When Coutinho was a teenager, he played for Brazil with Neymar.
- Coutinho was purchased for $7.7 million by Inter Milan from Vasco when he was 16. Inter Milan was to sign him when he turned 18 after he was on loan at Vasco for two years.
- Philippe played for Inter Milan for the first time on August 27, 2010. The free-kick he scored against Fiorentina on May 8, 2011, was his first for the club.
- His loan to Espanyol was effective January 30, 2012.
- He married his longtime girlfriend Aine in the summer of 2012.
- Coutinho joined Liverpool on January 30, 2013. A year ago, he made his debut for the club against West Bromwich Albion.
- On June 7, 2015, he scored his first international goal for Brazil against Mexico.
- In the 2016–2017 season, Philippe received the award for “Man of the Match” for three consecutive matches.
- In January 2018, he signed with Barcelona of La Liga. The 25-year-old began playing for the club against Espanyol in the quarter-finals of the “Copa del Rey” on January 25, 2018.
- During the wedding of teammate Roberto Firmino, Coutinho was the best man.
- A member of Brazil’s World Cup squad this year, he. In the tournament, he also scored the first two goals for the team.
What is Philippe Coutinho’s full name?
Philippe Coutinho Correia
Who is Coutinho’s father?
Ze Carlos Coutinho
Does Philippe Coutinho have a son?
Does Philippe Coutinho have a brother?
- Cristian Coutinho
- Leandro Coutinho