James Rodríguez is a Colombian professional footballer who plays for the Spanish club Real Madrid and the Colombia national team. Often ranked among the world’s top young footballers, he has been with Real Madrid for over a decade. As an attacking midfielder or winger, he is known for his technique and playmaking skills. He can play both on the wings and also in the center. Born as the son of a football player, Wilson James Rodriguez, young James developed a love for football from an early age. His father encouraged him from the very beginning to pursue a career as a professional athlete, which he himself had been unable to do.
By the time he was in his early teens, he had blossomed into a talented football player and by the time he turned 15, he was playing professionally for the Colombian second-tier club Envigado. He made his debut with Argentine team Banfield in 2009, following a successful stint in his home country. In one of the most exciting young careers in basketball today, he dazzled his teammates, coaches, and rivals with his scintillating performances. While Colombia was eliminated from the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he won the Golden Boot for his outstanding performance.
James Rodríguez Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||James David Rodríguez Rubio|
|Nick Name||• James|
• James Bond of Banfield
|Age||32 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Cúcuta, Colombia|
|Date of Birth||12 July 1991|
|Home Town||Cúcuta, Colombia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother’s Name||Maria Del Pilar Rubio|
|Father’s Name||Wilson James Rodriguez Bedoya|
|Sisters||• Juana Valentina Restrepo|
• Luisa María Rodríguez
• Danna Lucía Rodríguez
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Daniela Ospina (2011-2017)|
• Helga Lovekaty (2017-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||24 December 2010|
|Children||Daughters- Salomé Rodriguez Ospina|
Sons- Samuel rodriguez de lima
|College/University||Universidad Nacional Abierta y a Distancia|
|Educational Qualification||At a young age, James decided to quit school in order to fully focus in his pursue of a football career. Eventually, after he became a professional, the Colombian international enrolled him in the Universidad Nacional Abierta y a Distancia.|
|Brands Endorsed||• Adidas|
• Real Madrid
• Pony Malta
• Clear Shampoo
|Career Manager||Rodriguez is signed with Gestifute.|
|Debut Club||• James played his first official match for the Argentinian club Banfield on February 7, 2009.|
• On July 18, 2010, Rodriguez performed for Porto in a friendly match against Ajax.
• He debuted for the French club AS Monaco in a 2-0 victory against Bordeaux.
• Rodriguez had his debut for Real Madrid in a UEFA Super Cup match against Sevilla.
|Debut International||• On October 11, 2011, James had his first national team appearance in a match against Bolivia.|
|Current Team(s)||• Al-Rayyan F.C.|
• Colombian national team
|Position||Attacking Midfielder / Winger|
|Achievements (main ones)||• He was named the LPFP Primeira Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year in 2011–12.|
• In 2012, he won the Portuguese Golden Ball, a prize given out by Portuguese newspaper ‘A Bola’ to the best player in the Portuguese Liga.
• He was named the AS Monaco Player of the Year (2013–14).
• In 2014, he was named to the FIFA World Cup All-Star Team and the FIFA World Cup Dream Team. The same year, he also received the FIFA World Cup Golden Boot Award.
• Free Kicks
• Long Shots
• Aerial plays
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’10¾”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 77 kg|
in pounds- 170 lbs
|Chest Size||44 inches|
|Biceps Size||15½ inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Shiny smile|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Attacking Midfielder / Winger|
|Favorite Car||Audi Q7 3.0 TDI|
|Favorite NBA Player||LeBron James|
James David Rodríguez Rubio was born on 12 July 1991 in Cúcuta, Colombia, to Wilson James Rodríguez Bedoya and Maria Del Pilar Rubio. In addition to playing for the Colombian national team, his father was also a footballer who played for the U-20 team in 1985. Wilson’s sporting career was cut short by injuries and an alcohol abuse problem.
James inherited his father’s love of football and became interested in the sport at a young age. He played Pony Futbol with Academia Tolimense as a kid and became a very skilled player by the time he was in his early teens.
In 2011, he married Daniela Ospina, with whom he has a daughter named Salome. Throughout his life, he has been devoted to Christ.
James Rodríguez Net Worth
James Rodríguez has a net worth of $90 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$90 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$80 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$68 Million|
|Annual Salary||$29 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Audi Q7 3.0 TDI – £65,000|
• Mercedes G-Wagon G 63 AMG – £143,000
• Mercedes AMG GT four-door coupe – £120,000
• Audi RS7 – £84,000
• Mercedes Benz A-class – £23,000
In 2015, it was widely reported that James Rodríguez was earning an annual income of $29 million.
The majority of Rodriguez’s income is generated by sponsorship and brand endorsement deals. Since the early days of his career, he has had a long-standing partnership with Adidas. James Has been featured in a variety of Adidas commercials over the years. In recognition of his Golden Boot win in 2014, Adidas created a custom boot in honor of James Rodríguez. Moreover, he has appeared in advertisements for companies such as Pona Malta, Nestle, and Clear Shampoo.
- When he was in his early teens, he joined the Colombian club Envigado in the second division. The following year, he was promoted to Colombia’s first division.
- The Argentine team Banfield signed him in 2008, and he made his debut for them in February 2009. In a 3–1 victory over Rosario Central on 27 February, he scored his first goal from long range.
- Despite being only 17, he impressed his coaches and teammates with his skillful performances and became a regular first-team player, playing in every game of the 2009 Apertura. At age 18, he also became the country’s youngest foreign goal scorer. Throughout the year, he performed beautifully and soon gained a huge following.
- In July 2010, he was signed by Porto, a Portuguese sports club, for €5.1 million. In December 2010, he scored his first goal in European football in Porto’s 3–1 victory over Bulgarian club CSKA Sofia at home.
- For Porto, he scored 14 goals and provided 11 assists during the 2011-12 season. He was also the first Colombian to win the LPFP Breakthrough Player of the Year Award in 2011.
- In the 2012-13 season, he became a regular starter. He played a key role in the 1-0 victory against Paris Saint-Germain in the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League group stage. Additionally, he assisted on a goal in a 2–1 win over Estoril. His brilliant performance continued throughout the season and he finished with 13 goals and 15 assists in 32 appearances.
- In 2013, James Rodriguez joined AS Monaco for a transfer fee of €45 million, one of the most expensive transfers in world football history. On his debut for Monaco, he scored twice against Bordeaux.
- In the same season, he also assisted on two goals in Monaco’s 2-1 win against Saint-Étienne. With a free kick in a 2–0 win over Rennes, he scored his first goal for the club.
- James was named to Colombia’s 23-man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. In the group stage, he stood out, especially in the team’s opening match against Greece, where he set up the first two goals and scored a last-minute goal. In their second match of the tournament, he also played an important role in the team’s victory over Ivory Coast.
- During the final group stage match against Japan, he assisted two goals and scored one, leading his team to a 4-1 victory. FIFA ranked him the best performing player at the tournament at the end of the group stage.
- Colombia reached the World Cup quarter-finals for the first time thanks to his consistent performances. Colombia lost 2-1 to Brazil in the quarter-finals despite a superb performance from James. In five matches during his first World Cup, he scored six goals and provided two assists.
- The Spanish club Real Madrid signed him for an undisclosed fee, which was reported to be around €80 million. In the UEFA Super Cup, he made his debut against Sevilla at Cardiff City Stadium, winning 2–0. The first goal he scored for Real Madrid came against Atlético Madrid in August 2014.
- On 27 June, James was selected to represent Colombia at the 2015 Copa América in Chile, where his team was eliminated on penalties 5–4 by eventual finalists Argentina following a scoreless draw.
- The following summer, James joined Colombia’s squad for the Copa América Centenario and became the team’s captain. In his first start of the tournament, he led Colombia to a 2–0 victory against the United States, scoring his team’s second goal from the penalty spot even though he was forced off early due to injury. Initially, it appeared that he would miss Colombia’s second match against Paraguay, but he recovered in time to start the match, setting up Colombia’s first goal and scoring another, as his team went on to win 2–1 and secure a quarter-final slot.
- On July 11, 2017, it was announced that James was on a two-year loan to Bayern Munich. The two season-long loans from Real Madrid cost Bayern 13 million euros each. James reunited with his former Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti as part of his loan deal to Bayern.
- At the end of the loan period, the Germans had the option to purchase James for €42 million. In an away win over Schalke 04, he scored his first goal of the loan spell. Following a slow start to his Bayern career due to an injury in the preseason, James rediscovered his form in October after Jupp Heynckes was hired as Bayern’s manager after Carlo Ancelotti was fired.
- James was selected for Colombia’s 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia on 4 June 2018. James missed the opening game against Japan because of a calf injury that he suffered during training. As a substitute, he replaced Juan Quintero in the 59th minute.
- During a 3–0 victory over Poland on 24 June 2018, he provided two assists, earning him Man of the Match honors.
- The injury forced James to be substituted in the 30th minute of the final group stage match against Senegal. In Colombia’s group phase, James played in all three matches, but he was forced to sit out the team’s last 16 games against England. Colombia was eliminated from the World Cup after losing 4–3 on penalties against England. During those three matches, James did not score a goal.
- On 30 May 2019, James was included in the final 23-man Colombian squad for Copa América 2019. As a result of a 0–0 draw after regulation time against Chile on 28 June, James scored in the penalty shoot-out. However, Colombia lost 5–4 and was eliminated from the tournament.
- James signed a two-year deal with Premier League club, Everton, on 7 September 2020, with an option for a third year. Once again, he was reunited with manager Carlo Ancelotti through this deal. After his debut that month, Tottenham Hotspur beat him 1–0 in their first Premier League match of the 2020–21 season.
- James was ruled out of the team for the 2021 Copa América because of his lack of conditioning, i.e. for not having an optimal physical level, as he had recently recovered from an injury.
Facts About James Rodríguez
- He grew up in Ibague, Tolima, Republic of Colombia.
- The Colombian club Envigado was where he began his football career in 2006.
- Rodriguez joined the Argentinian club Banfield in 2008.
- Udinese offered Banfield a 5 million euro transfer in December 2009. Banfield rejected the offer.
- James decided to continue his career at the Portuguese team, Porto, after signing a four-year contract worth 5.1 million euros with a release clause of 30 million euros on July 6, 2010.
- Rodriguez signed a new five-year contract with a release clause of 45 million euros on June 13, 2011.
- He won the LPFP Award for Breakthrough Player in the 2011-2012 Primeira Liga season. James won the Portuguese Golden Ball and SJPF Player of the Month twice in the same season.
- He joined AS Monaco on May 25, 2013, after both sides agreed to a €45 million deal.
- On July 22, 2014, he signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid. Approximately 80 million euros were rumored to be the transfer fee.
- As a member of the national team of Colombia U-17, Rodriguez participated in the 2007 South American U-17 Championship and 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- In 2011, he played for Colombia’s U-20 national team at the U-20 World Cup, the 2011 South American U-20 Championship, and the 2011 Toulon Tournament.
James Rodriguez has left Everton for Qatari club Al Rayyan for an undisclosed fee. Rodriguez has now left Goodison Park after failing to play a game under new manager Rafael Benitez.
She didn’t want to move to Germany with the star, who was on loan to Bayern Munich, this summer, which led to a split between them. “I did not want to travel to Germany since I wanted to continue being an entrepreneur in Colombia and Spain.
The Toffees have signed Colombian playmaker James Rodriguez from Real Madrid on a two-year deal, with a club option for a third season. Signed by Carlo Ancelotti for Real Madrid, James was named La Liga’s best midfielder after scoring 13 goals and providing 13 assists in 29 games under the Italian manager in 2014/15.
James Rodriguez has completed his move from Everton to Qatari side Al Rayyan for an undisclosed fee. Despite being a regular pick when fit under Carlo Ancelotti, the 30-year-old was told earlier this summer that he was surplus to requirements by Rafa Benitez.
Rodriguez moved to Everton from Real Madrid for £20 million ($26 million) last summer and scored three goals and provided three assists in his first five games for the club.