Peter Crouch is a well-known English footballer who plays for Stoke City and the England national team. A British footballer who happens to be the most expensive player of all time. Among the 26 players who have achieved this feat, he has scored 100 Premier League goals! Having begun his football career with the youth program of Tottenham Hotspur, Peter was signed by the club in July 1998. In 2003, he was acquired by the ‘Premier League’ club ‘Aston Villa,’ after which he moved to ‘Southampton’ in 2004.
He transferred to Liverpool in 2005 and played for Liverpool for two seasons before joining Portsmouth for one season. Having previously played for Tottenham Hotspur, he moved back to Stoke City in 2011 and remains there to this day. It was his outstanding performance in Stoke City’s inaugural season that earned him the award of ‘Player of the Year,’ justifying his club-record transfer fee of 10 million pounds.
Peter Crouch Bio/Wiki
Birth Name Peter James Crouch Nick Name • Crouchy
• Mr. Roboto
• Pantera Rosa (Pink Panther)
Age 42 (as in 2023) Years Religion Not Available Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign Aquarius Birth Place Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom Date of Birth 30 January 1981 Nationality English Residence • Cheshire
• Harrow on the Hill
Home Town Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom Food Habit Non-Vegetarian Hobbies Watching Movies, Playing guitar
Mother's Name Jayne Crouch Father's Name Bruce Crouch (Advertising Executive) Brothers None Sisters Sarah Crouch
Affairs/Girlfriends • Lauren Pope
• Abbey Clancy
Marital Status, Wife and Children
Wife/Spouse Abbey Clancy Marriage Date 30 June 2011 Marriage Place Stapleford Park in Leicestershire, England Children Daughters- • Sophia Ruby Crouch
• Liberty Rose Crouch
Sons- Johnny Crouch
School • Roxeth Primary School
• North Ealing Primary School in London.
College/University Drayton Manor High School. Educational Qualification Graduated Profession Professional Football Player Brands Endorsed • Virg*n Media
• Uber Eats
• Hyundai Santa Fe
Career Manager Peter is represented by Stellar Football Ltd.
Debut Club • Crouch made his debut for Queens Park Rangers in the 2000-2001 season.
• He played his first match for Portsmouth during the 2001-2002 season.
• In 2009, Peter played his first match for Tottenham Hotspur against Olympiacos in a pre-season friendly match.
• He made his Premier League debut as a substitute in Tottenham’s season-opening win over Liverpool.
• He scored an equalizing goal on his home debut match for Aston Villa against Newcastle United during the 2001-2002 season.
• On September 10, 2011, he made his debut for Stoke City, playing against his former club Liverpool, with a 1-0 win.
Debut International He made his first senior appearance for the England national team against Colombia in 2005. Current Team(s) Burnley Jersey Number • 25 (Norwich City F.C.)
• 25 (Stoke City F.C.)
• 15 (Burnley F.C.)
Coach\Mentor Not Available Position Striker Strengths • Aerial Duels
• Key Passes
• First Touch
Weaknesses • Finishing
• Defensive Contribution
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
Height (Approx.) in centimeters- 201 cm
in meters- 2.01 m
in feet inches- 6’7”
Weight (Approx.) in kilograms- 74.8 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
Chest Size 41 inches Biceps Size 14 inches Waist Size 34 inches
Extra Ordinary Features
Race / Ethnicity Multiracial
On his father’s side, he has Ghanian ancestry, while on his mother’s side, he is of Dutch descent.
Hair Color Dark Blonde Eye Color Blue S*xual Orientation Straight Distinctive Features • Towering height
Dress Size Not Available Shoe Size 12 (UK) or 13 (US) or 46 (EU)
Favorite Playing Position Striker Favorite Car Ferrari 360 3.6 Spider 2 dr Favorite Footballer Ronaldo (from Brazil)
Favorite Book Angels and Demons by Dan Brown Favorite Football Shoes As A Kid Puma Spiders Favorite Swimming Stroke Front Crawl Favorite Robot C-3PO from Star Wars Favorite Subject In School Physical Education, English Favorite Children’s Book Friend or Foe by Michael Morpurgo
Favorite Dinner Treat Spaghetti Bolognese Favorite Anthem World in Motion by New Order Favorite Smell Roasted Dinner Controversies None
Peter James Crouch was born on January 30, 1981, in Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, into an upper-middle-class British household. Peter’s father worked in advertising, and when Peter was a year old, the family moved to Singapore for his father’s job. The family moved back to England after three years in Singapore, as his father rejected a job offer to work in Australia.
Peter grew up in Wembley, a locality filled with fans, and he too was bitten by the football bug. Peter’s thin and small frame, as well as his low self-confidence, kept him from playing for the most part, but due to his love for the game, he became a ball boy. He was a ball boy at Stamford Bridge and his parents thought he was extremely enthusiastic about the job.
He joined the school’s team during his middle school years and began playing the game. As a master of head goals, he began exploring professional training after making a name for himself at school. While waiting to sign a professional contract with Tottenham Hotspur, Peter participated in their youth program for some time and trained rigorously.
Kaká (Ricardo Izecson) Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
In 1998, Tottenham Hotspur offered him his first professional contract. Although he had signed for the club, he wasn’t included in the team right away. Instead, he was loaned out to smaller clubs so he could gain some experience. He was transferred to Queen Park Rangers, a first-division club, without ever playing a match for Tottenham.
Several nicknames have been given to him by his fans and teammates. Because of the way he celebrates after scoring a goal, he is often referred to as ‘Crouchy’ and ‘RoboCrouch. Abbey Clancey was in a long-term relationship with Peter. In July 2009, they became engaged, and in June 2011, they got married. The couple has three children together: two sons and a daughter.
In November 2011, Peter was fined for overspeeding, and in October 2012, his license was suspended for six months. Peter has written a book called Walking Tall- My Story.
Peter Crouch Net Worth
Peter Crouch has a net worth of $40 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$40 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$35 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$20 Million|
|Annual Salary||£3.6 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Ferrari 360 3.6 Spider 2 dr|
Portsmouth paid S1.5 million for Crouch after QPR was relegated at the end of the 2000–01 season. Following a successful season at Fratton Park, he joined Aston Villa for $5 million in March 2002 after scoring 19 goals.
In 2003, he was loaned out to Norwich City before moving to Southampton where he regained his form and was signed by Liverpool in July 2005. Crouch enjoyed considerable success at Liverpool. On August 31, 2011, he signed for Stoke City for a club-record fee of $10 million.
Burnley striker Chris Wood is entering his twilight years as a footballer. The gorgeous grey Ferrari he owned when he was in his prime was one of his possessions. This is a manual transmission, it has only 28,000 miles on it, and it has clearly been very well taken care of. Presented in Grigio Titanio with Ferrari 18-inch alloy wheels, it includes Ferrari embossed seats and a leather subwoofer.
Jack Grealish Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
- Peter learned to make the most of the opportunity and performed admirably in his first few matches for the ‘Queen Park Rangers.’ In the 2000-01 season, Peter scored ten league goals for the ‘Queen Park Rangers.’ Due to financial difficulties, ‘Queen Park Rangers’ loaned him to the ‘Portsmouth’ side in the 2001-02 season. He scored 18 goals in 37 games and was dubbed as a highly competitive player by Graham Rix, the manager of the team.
- After a successful attempt to acquire Peter made by Ashton Villa in 2002, he was loaned out to smaller teams, before Ashton decided to transfer him to Southampton. During 2004-05, Peter scored 16 goals in 33 appearances for Southampton.
- Eventually, the ‘Southampton’ club was relegated from the Premier League and Peter was sold to ‘Liverpool.’ He made his Liverpool debut in the 2005 season, but he didn’t score a single goal in the next few matches.
- He scored his first goal against Wigan Athletic in December, and minutes later he scored another. Peter scored a goal to give ‘Liverpool’ their first victory over ‘Manchester United’ in more than 60 years during an ‘FA Cup’ match against the Manchester giants.
- Liverpool’s ‘FA Cup’ victory in which they defeated ‘West Ham United’ saw Peter emerge as their star player. Furthermore, he helped his team win the ‘FA Community Shield’ final in 2006. Peter decided to move back to ‘Portsmouth’ in July 2008 due to injuries and ignorance by the team management. Peter scored 16 goals in 46 games in the 2008-09 season.
- Peter was acquired by Tottenham Hotspur on a five-year contract in July 2009. Peter’s performance reached an all-time high for Spurs during the 2009-10 season, and he scored two hat-tricks for them.
- He was signed by Stoke City on a four-year contract in August 2011, and he scored five goals in the first seven matches of the 2012-13 season. While his team was placed at the 13th position in the final standings, he finished the season with eight goals in total.
- A few months into the 2013-14 season, Peter was not picked up on the playing eleven, but he returned in October, and scored ten goals in 38 matches, becoming the top scorer for his team. His contract was extended for two more years in January 2015.
- In August 2016, he scored a hat-trick against Stevenage and a new contract was signed to keep him with the team until 2018. Early in 2017, Peter scored four goals in his first five matches, and by the end of the season, he had scored 10 goals in 29 matches.
- Peter played football for a number of British youth teams. In 1999, he represented England at the ‘FIFA World Youth Championship.’ In 2002, he was part of the national Under-21 squad that reached the finals of the European Under-21 Championship.
- During the English team’s tour of the United States in 2005, he made his debut for the national team. Also, he was a part of the national team for the 2006 and 2010 ‘FIFA World Cups’ along with the ‘Capello Era’ and ‘UEFA Euro 2008.’
Facts About Peter Crouch
- When Peter was just a year old, his family moved to Singapore because his father had accepted a job offer in the Far East. After three years, the family moved back to England.
- In 1991, he joined the Brentford Centre of Excellence after playing football with Northolt Hotspurs.
- In May 2006, during the England vs Hungary game during the FIFA World Cup friendlies, he performed a robotic dance in celebration of scoring a goal. For a time, the dance became a signature move and gained a lot of media attention. For the last time, he performed the dance move in February 2017 to celebrate his 100th Premier League goal.
- In 2007, he published his autobiography Walking Tall – My Story. In 2018, he published his second book, Peter Crouch: How to Be a Footballer.
- As of 2018, he is one of 28 players who have scored 100 or more Premier League goals. In addition, he holds the record for the most headed goals in Premier League history.
- In terms of cumulative transfer fees, Crouch is the 5th most expensive British footballer of all time.
- In November 2011, he was charged with speeding, and in August 2012 he was fined £1,000 for the offense. In October, his driving privileges were suspended for six months.
- Many managers warned Peter that his lanky frame would prevent him from having a long career in football because of his tall stature. During England’s 2006 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign, he was even booed by the England fans when he appeared for his country as a substitute against Poland.
- He is close friends with Irish international and Liverpool defender Steve Finnan.
- In 2018, Peter had 51 Premier League header goals to his name, a Guinness World Record. The previous record-holder, Alan Shearer, had 46 goals.
- After retiring from football at the age of 38 Crouch has worked with the BBC hosting a Podcast, and a Saturday night BBC One TV show titled Peter Crouch: Save Our Summer. Since June 2021, Crouch has been a Director of Dulwich Hamlet, a team he played for as a 17-year-old.
Abbey Clancy has said three of her four children sleep in the bed with her husband Peter Crouch – with the footballer often forced to sleep on the floor. The couple, who celebrated their 10-year wedding anniversary in June, are parents to Sophia, 10, Liberty, six, Johnny, three, and Jack, two.
The couple met at a bar in Abbey’s native Liverpool in 2006 – the year she was runner-up on Britain’s Next Top Model, on which she later became a judge.
Peter and Abbey got married in 2011, after getting engaged in 2009. The pair got married at the Stapleford Park Hotel in Leicestershire in a lavish ceremony. The couple was married in a ceremony at the church of St Mary Magdalene, within the 500-acre estate with grounds landscaped by Capability Brown.