Known as Kaká, Ricardo Izecson is a Brazilian football legend who played as an attacking midfielder before retiring in 2017. When Kaká started his career at 18, he joined the Brazilian football club ‘S*o Paulo FC.’ He won the FIFA World Cup title with the Brazilian soccer team in 2002 and joined the Italian club AC Milan in 2003 for €8.5 million. As a member of the ‘AC Milan’ team, he won the ‘2007 UEFA Champions League Final.’ He was also part of the ‘AC Milan’ team that finished runners-up at the ‘2005 UEFA Champions League Final.’ The EUR67 million transfer fee he paid to join ‘Real Madrid’ in 2009 was only second to that of Zinedine Zidane. The 2010–2011 season saw him assist his team in winning the Copa del Rey, while the 2011–2012 season saw him lead them to win the La Liga title. The former Chelsea player returned to ‘AC Milan’ in 2013 but ended his contract with the club after a short period of time. His career in MLS ended in 2017 when he retired from the league. He was a member of the expansion team ‘Orlando City.’
Kaká (Ricardo Izecson) Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite|
|Nick Name||• Kaká|
• Ricky Kaka
• The Golden Kid
|Age||39 (as in 2021) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Gama, Federal District, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||22 April 1982|
|Residence||Gama, Federal District, Brazil|
|Home Town||Gama, Federal District, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing Video games|
|Mother's Name||Simone dos Santos (Elementary School Teacher)|
|Father's Name||Bosco Izecson Pereira Leite (Civil Engineer)|
|Brothers||Rodrigo also known as Digão (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Caroline Celico Leite (2002-2015) – Caroline Celico Leite met Kaká, while she was still in high school in 2002. Kaká was 19 years old then and Caroline was 15. They had met through family friends and started dating shortly after. Eventually, Kaka moved to AC Milan and after remaining in long distance relationship for some time, Kaká proposed to her during vacation in Venice in 2005 summer. On December 23, 2005, they got married in São Paulo. The lavish wedding ceremony was attended by 600 guests including Brazilian soccer stars such as Ronaldo, Dida and Cafu. |
• Vanessa Ribeiro Siqueira (2015-Present) – After the end of his 13 years old marriage, Kaká started dating Vanessa Ribeiro Siqueira, who worked for a Brazilian multi-national company. According to reports, they met in Orlando, where Vanessa went to celebrate his younger brother’s birthday.
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Caroline Celico Leite|
|Marriage Date||23 December 2005 (With Caroline Celico Leite)|
|Children||Daughters-Isabella Celico Leite born on April 23, 2011|
• Siena Iniesta Ortiz
Sons- Luca Celico Leite born on June 10, 2008
|School||Kaká was born to a financially secure and well-off family, which helped him get a good education. His physical education teacher asked his father to enroll him in a football academy when he was enrolled in Baptist Primary School.|
Alphaville, a local youth academy in So Paulo, was his first football academy. His skills as a player for this club in local tournaments caught the attention of scouts from the Brazilian giants Sao Paulo FC. When he was 18 he made his senior debut for the club after spending time in his club's renowned academy. He has since become one of the best playmakers in Brazil.
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Professional Soccer Player|
|Brands Endorsed||• Adidas|
|Career Manager||He is represented by Diego Kotscho.|
|Debut Club||On 7 August 2009 for Real Madrid|
|Debut International||In 2002 Brazil national team|
|Current Team(s)||Real Madrid|
|Jersey Number||22: AC Milan|
8: Real Madrid
10: MLS club Orlando City
10: Brazil national team
|Position||Attacking Midfielder, Playmaker|
|Achievements (main ones)||• He has received numerous club honors and individual awards throughout his career. Some of his noteworthy honors include the ‘Bola de Ouro’ (2002), the ‘Bola de Prata’ (2002), the ‘CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI’ (2003), the ‘Serie A Footballer of the Year’ ( 2004, 2007), and the ‘Pallone d'Argento’ (2006–2007).|
• From 2008 to 2015, he was honored with the ‘Ballon d'Or’ (2007), the ‘FIFA World Player of the Year’ (2007), the ‘MARCA Legend Award’ (2009), and the ‘AC Milan Hall of Fame’ (2010). He was part of the ‘MLS All-Star’ on multiple occasions (2015, 2016, 2017). He also made it to the ‘Time 100,’ a list of the most influential people, in both 2008 and 2009.
• Ball Control
• Long Shots
• Surging runs
• Injury Prone
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 186 cm|
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet inches- 6’1¼”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 82 kg|
in pounds- 181 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Great looks|
• Tall Stature
• Lanky Build
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Playing Position||Attacking Midfielder, Playmaker|
|Favorite Italian Food||Pasta|
|Favorite Japanese Food||Uramaki and Ebiten Tempura Roll|
|Favorite Music genre||Gospel|
Kaká was born on April 22, 1982, in Gama, Federal District, Brazil, to Bosco Izecson Pereira Leite, a civil engineer, and Simone dos Santos, an elementary school teacher. Dig*o, Rodrigo’s brother, is also a professional football player.
His name comes from his younger brother’s struggle to pronounce his full name, “Ricardo,” as a child. In the family, he was called “CaCa,” which evolved into “Kaká.”
Kaká’s family moved to So Paulo when he was 7, and his love of football grew from there. Before he became a member of S*o Paulo FC, a hometown club, he played for a local youth club called ‘Alphaville’. Kaká suffered a spinal injury at the beginning of his career which almost paralyzed him. However, Kaká made a full recovery.
As a gesture of gratitude to God, he has always donated a portion of his income to his church. His faith is important to him. The 27-year-old married his childhood sweetheart, Caroline Lyra Celico, on December 23, 2005. Soon, they had two children: Luca, a son, and Isabella, a daughter. After their divorce in 2015, the couple separated.
Since 2016, Kaká has been dating Brazilian model Carolina Dias. During his time as UN Ambassador for World Food Programme, he was the youngest.
Kaká (Ricardo Izecson) Net Worth
Kaká has a net worth of $90 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$90 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$70 Million|
|Annual Salary||$10 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Soccer Player|
|Cars Collection||• Audi Q7|
• Hyundai Santa Fe
• Audi Q5
• Bentley Continental
• BMW M6
• Range Rover Evoque
While playing at AC Milan, Kaká’s salary reached a staggering amount of $ 10 million. During his prime, he earned an estimated $5 million per year from endorsements with companies such as Adidas, Hyundai, and WiseUp. At his peak, Kaká was one of the highest-paid soccer players in the world when you combine his salary and endorsements. Kaká still has a modeling contract with Armani.
In 2015, it was reported that Kaká purchased a $3.4 million mansion within the Isleworth neighborhood of Orlando. His neighborhood is also home to other legendary athletes like Vice Carter and Grant Hill. There are six bedrooms in the home, which has access to a private lake and sits on a piece of land in a picturesque cul-de-sac.
- Sudden exposure to European soccer clubs earned Kaká a big deal with ‘AC Milan’ in 2003. He signed for €8.5 million.
- He starred for the ‘AC Milan’ in the Italian ‘Serie A’, scoring 10 goals in 30 appearances in the first season, earning nominations for both the ‘Ballon d’Or’ and the ‘FIFA World Player of the Year.’
- After beating ‘Lazio’ in the Supercoppa Italiana, he scored 7 goals in 36 appearances for the 2004-2005 season and helped his team reach the ‘Champions League Final’ against ‘Liverpool.’
- The following season, he scored hat-tricks in both the ‘Italian Serie’ and the ‘UEFA Champions League. In the 2006–2007 season, he scored 19 goals in the ‘UEFA Champions League.
- In the same season, he was also named ‘UEFA Club Footballer of the Year’ and was named to the ‘UEFA Team of the Year’. “IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker” was voted on by the public in 2007.
- I scored the third goal for ‘Milan’ in a 4–2 victory over ‘Boca Juniors’ in the 2007–2008 season’s FIFA Club World Cup. In the tournament, he won the ‘Golden Ball’ for being the best player.
- He finished his last season with Milan with 16 goals and was nominated for the ‘FIFA World Player of the Year’ award. There were rumors about Kaká’s transfer to another club.
- Kaká was announced to play for ‘Real Madrid’ in 2009, following a lot of confusion. “Real Madrid’s” official league debut took place on August 29, 2009, when the team defeated “Deportivo de la Corua.” 3–2.
- In La Liga, he scored eight goals and dished out six assists, while in other games, he scored nine goals and provided eight assists. During his eight-month absence from the game, Kaká sustained an injury.
- In a 4–2 victory over ‘Villarreal’ on January 9, 2011, he scored his first goal of the season. He ended the season with 7 goals in 20 games and led his team to win the Copa del Rey.
- Kaká had a solid start to the season, scoring two goals, adding two assists, and winning a penalty kick. He also became the best player at the ‘Champions League Matchday.’
- As a result of his efforts, he scored eight goals and had 14 assists for the season. A Supercopa de Espaa against Barça was the highlight of his 2012–2013 season.
- On September 2, 2013, Kaká was signed by AC Milan again, after leaving “Real Madrid” for the second time. He is the highest-scoring Brazilian footballer in the Champions League’s history with 29 goals and 32 assists.
- As a “Designated Player,” he became the first player for the ‘MLS’ expansion team ‘Orlando City.’ He made his 100th goal for Milan with an opening goal against Atlanta.
- After joining the league in 2015, he played brilliantly until he was sent off in a 1-1 draw against ‘Real Salt Lake.’ He kept up his stellar play until he announced that he would not renew his contract for 2018.
- Among other honors, Kaká was named ‘Man of the Match’ in Brazil’s opening match at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, which Brazil won against Croatia, and in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup final against the US.
Facts About Kaká (Ricardo Izecson)
- His Twitter following is up to ten million, making him the first athlete to achieve this feat. That distinction was earned in April 2012.
- As the youngest ambassador for the World Food Program, he was named Ambassador Against Hunger in November 2004.
- He got his famed name because his younger brother Rodrigo couldn’t pronounce Ricardo and used to call him Caca, which developed into Kaká.
- His football career almost ended at the age of 18, when he had a swimming pool accident that left him with a spinal fracture. Despite the injury, he eventually recovered and thanked God for it.
- At a young age, Kaká developed an interest in tennis and excelled at it as well. As a teenager, he decided that he was going to devote himself exclusively to the sport of football.
- After Zidane, he became the second most expensive player in football history when he transferred from AC Milan to Real Madrid for €65 million in 2009.
- 2004 – AC Milan named him footballer of the year for his brilliant performances in his debut season. His incredible feat was repeated the next year.
- UEFA announced the winner of its club midfielder of the year award for 2004-2005. Additionally, he also earned the most assists during the tournament.
- In 2006-2007, he won the UEFA Champions League with AC Milan and was named UEFA Club Forward of the Year and UEFA Club Footballer of the Year.
- Awarded the best playmaker in the world by IFFHS in 2007, the world soccer player of the year by FIFA, and the pan-American athlete of the year by the IAAF in 2007.
- During his two stints with AC Milan, he contributed significantly to the club’s success, which earned him a place in the AC Club Hall of Fame in 2010.
- As a result of his contributions both on and off the field, he was included in the Time 100 list of the world’s most influential people in 2008 and 2009.
- 2015 and 2016 were his two consecutive selections for the MLS All-Stars. Additionally, he was named 2015’s most valuable player in Major League Soccer.
- At AC Milan, he won the Serie A title, the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup, the FIFA Club World Cup, and the Supercoppa Italiana.
- As a member of Real Madrid, he won a La Liga title, a Copa del Rey cup, and one Supercopa de Espana cup.
- In addition to winning the 2002 World Cup, he has been a member of three World Cup squads.
- In the 2010 World Cup, he was the top assist provider.
- In 2005 and 2009, he played for Brazil in two FIFA Confederations Cups. In the 2009 edition, Kaká won the Golden Ball award as the best player of the tournament after Brazil won both tournaments.
- As a result, Kaká is the only player in the last nine years to break Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi’s duopoly at the Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards.
- Upon signing with Orlando City in the 2014 summer, he became the highest-paid player in MLS history. Upon signing, he earned $6.8 million annually.
How much is Kaka’s salary?
6.66 million USD (2014)
What is Ricardo Kaka doing now?
In 2013 Kaká returned to AC Milan. The following year Kaká and Milan mutually agreed to terminate his contract, and he signed to play with the expansion team Orlando City SC of North America’s Major League Soccer (MLS), which began play in 2015. He retired from professional football in December 2017.
Who is Kaka’s son?
Luca Celico Leite
How old is Ricardo Kaka?