Originally from France, Paul Pogba plays for the national French team as well as the ‘English Premier League’ club Manchester United. When he moved back to Manchester United in 2016, Paul became the most expensive footballer in the world. The English midfielder began his professional football career in 2011 with Manchester United before being loaned out to Juventus the following year.
After watching his team win four consecutive titles in the ‘Serie A,’ he made him the most promising young player, and in 2013, he was honored with the ‘Golden Boy’ award. In 2015, he was named to the UEFA Team of the Year after he helped ensure his French national football team won the FIFA Under-20 World Cup. In 2013, he won the ‘Best Player’ award after leading his team to second place in the UEFA Champions League. In the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he was named the world’s best young player.
Paul Pogba Wiki/Bio
[table id=2531 /]
Paul Pogba was born on March 15, 1993, in Lagny-sur-Marne, France, to Fassou Antoine and Yeo Moriba. Originally from Conakry, Guinea, his parents were Muslims and lived there before Paul was born. They moved to France for a better life and a more fulfilling existence after being tired of poverty. The family that he came from was one of the thousands of refugees from Africa who moved to Europe during the early 1990s refugee crisis.
Both of his brothers lived in Guinea for the first few years after they moved to France with their parents. The family eventually accepted them. Paul’s father was a distant man who did not provide his son with much attention. Paul discovered his passion for football during his school days and decided to pursue a career in the sport. Among the three brothers, their mother supported their addiction to the game.
When Paul was just 6 years old, he joined the ‘US Roissy-en-Brie’ football club, which was just a few miles from his home. After following their guidance efficiently, Paul’s technique significantly improved, and in the following seven years, he became one of the best young players in the world.
After joining US Torcy, he was named Captain of their Under-13 team, before joining prestigious club Le Havre. As a player for ‘Le Havre,’ he became visible to many clubs interested in acquiring him. He and both of his brothers continue to play football for clubs across Europe.
Paul Pogba joined Manchester United in 2009 following a surprising turn of events. Paul was displeased with Le Havre and threatened to sue them for bribery, hoping to force them to end his contract with them. ‘Manchester United’ and Paul are unaffected, however. Since 2009, Paul has been involved with the youth program at Manchester United.
A relationship between Paul Pogba and African model Dencia is known. The couple faced quite a controversy during their stay at the ‘Lowry Hotel,’ as some residents complained about the couple engaging in “very loud s*x.” “The Sun” further sensationalized the story, but Paul’s agent denied the claim.
Shawn Mendes, the Canadian singer, received a Shawn Mendes Award during the 2017 “MTV Europe Music Awards”. Natalie Dormer shared the stage with him. On the field, Paul is known for his aggressiveness. He has been imitated across the globe by thousands of his fans with his unique hairstyle.
Paul Pogba Net Worth
[table id=2532 /]
Paul Pogba has a net worth of $140 million.
His salary is $28 million per year and his earnings from endorsements range from $6 to $10 million. He is one of the richest soccer players on the planet.
The latest reports indicate Paul Pogba has a weekly salary of 290,000 pounds as of 2020. As a result of his Manchester United salary alone, he earned roughly 15 million pounds in 2016. About $33 million is spent each year on this. Manchester United signed Paul Pogba in 2016 after spending four years with Juventus. An annual base salary of $28 million is part of his five-year contract. A portion of his earnings comes from endorsements.
Adidas has sponsored Pogba for many years and he has often advertised Adidas products in various commercials. As well as that, he is a regular addition to the “FIFA” video game series published by Electronic Arts. Paul Pogba earned $30 million in salary and endorsements between June 2017 and June 2018, including $5 million in endorsements alone. As a result, he has become one of the 50 most highly paid athletes on Earth.
Earlier this year, it was reported that Paul Pogba has bought a 2.9 million-pound home near the Red Devils’ Carrington training ground in Cheshire. The property was originally listed for just over 3.5 million pounds, but he got it for 600,000 pounds less than the asking price. One of the impressive features of the residence is the indoor swimming pool, the sauna, and the state-of-the-art media room.
Paul Pogba bought a luxurious condo in Miami in 2020. In a towering building designed by Zaha Hadid, the apartment sits on the 61st floor of the One Thousand Museum. The building is owned by many other celebrities, including Victoria Beckham and David Beckham. Neither the financial terms nor the location of the transaction were disclosed. It includes a sky lounge and a private helipad, as well as many other unique and artistic common spaces.
- As part of the ‘Under-18’ team of Manchester United, he made his debut in October 2009 and left an impression that earned him a place in the team all season.
- The following season, he remained with the club’s academy team. In November 2010, he was drafted into the club’s reserve team.
- He was one of four players from the reserve team to be selected for the first team in February 2011. In addition to playing for the Under-18 team, he was part of his club’s win of the Youth Cup.
- Paul Pogba debuted for the Premier League in January 2012 against Stoke City, a relatively weaker team. Later that year, he became a member of the UEFA Europa League.
- It was controversial enough that Paul refused to sign a new contract with ‘Manchester United’ in 2012 and received a lot of flak from the club’s manager. As soon as he joined Juventus, he played in the ‘UEFA Champions League’ and the ‘Serie A’ and performed exceedingly well in both.
- His title as ‘Golden Boy’ was bestowed upon the most outstanding young player in the world in December 2013.
- Paul was named one of the ten most promising players in Europe by ‘The Guardian’ in January 2014. This player played more than any other player on his team and was a key part of the team. As a result of his efforts, ‘Juventus’ reached the semi-finals of the ‘Europa League’ and won the ‘Serie A’ title.
- Paul Pogba was named one of the candidates for the prestigious ‘Ballon d’Or’ award in October 2014. He was the youngest player in the running for the award.
- Juventus achieved this feat for the first time in 12 years when he led them to a ‘Serie A’ title win in 2015 and helped them reach the ‘Champions League’ finals. The ‘Juventus’ team won the Coppa Italia cup in May 2015.
- The 24-year-old was a contender for the UEFA Best Player in Europe award in July 2015, and he was later selected to the UEFA Team of the Year.
- It was announced in August 2016 that Paul had signed with Manchester United for £89.3 million, a record in itself. After two yellow cards were shown to Paul in his previous match for Juventus, ‘The Football Association’ announced that he wouldn’t be included in his club’s team for the first leg of ‘Premier League.’
- His goal in the final of the Euro League ended United’s nine-year wait for the title. In May 2017, he led Manchester United into the finals of the EFL Cup.
- When Paul Pogba began playing competitive football, he represented the French national team. In almost every age group in which he qualified, he made the team. Pogba served as captain for the first and only French football team to win the FIFA Under-20 World Cup. He was also a member of the French squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He was named the ‘Best Young Player’ at the end of the tournament.
- Furthermore, he helped his team reach the finals of the 2016 ‘Euro Cup,’ where France lost to Portugal.
Facts About Paul Pogba
- Does Paul Pogba smoke?: Not Known
- Does Paul Pogba drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Pogba is a midfielder, but he is also good at attacking and defending.
- He played for the US Roissy-en-Brie team at the age of 6 and first got involved with football at an early age.
- Pogba became captain of Le Harve’s U-16 team after joining the professional club.
- The Italian club won many events throughout his time at Manchester United, and even reached the finals of the 2015 UEFA Champions League after he left the club in 2012.
- Paul Pogba was selected for the 2015 UEFA Team of the Year.
- His return to Manchester United in 2016 broke a record of €105 million, even though he had left the club without paying a fee. When he left Manchester in 2012, the city had to pay him four times what he had requested.
- With an eye for the goal, he is perceived by MU as powerful, skilled, and creative.
- His health is of utmost importance to him. He had hired a physiotherapist after sustaining an injury and employed a dietitian to fuel his body when he was only 16.
- Manchester United (MU) paid his manager £20 million to fix him up with them.
- Paul has an income comparable to world-class players such as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, and Gareth Bale.
- Paul Pogba’s contract contains an 80 percent chance for him to make the first team as a safety clause. He can quit the team whenever he likes in the following season without having to complete his tenure as Di Maria did.
- He’s a mama’s boy. He took his mother to the FIFA red carpet event when most players would bring a nice ‘eye candy’.
Angry for more money at Manchester United, Paul Pogba has rejected a new £50M deal. United have no choice but to sell Pogba, or risk losing the club’s record signing for nothing next summer, says the Mirror, who reports that Pogba has refused to sign a new contract.
The midfielder explained, “I had pain (in his left elbow).” I ended up putting it on my right elbow first, because the pain was in my right elbow. Then I had the same pain in my left elbow, so I began using the buckle instead of the strapping to warm it up. On my elbow, it feels tight.
Since they think he will have a big future with the club, they have said they want Paul Pogba to be part of a long-term project. My personal opinion is that they should twist and that Paul has not lived up to expectations or performed to the level I would expect from a player like him.”