Palki Sharma Upadhyay is a renowned Indian journalist and news anchor. In September 2022, she made headlines when she resigned as Managing Editor of the WION News channel. She was born on Saturday, 29 May 1982 in Pilani, Rajasthan, India. In accordance with her zodiac sign, she is a Gemini. Having been raised in Delhi, India, she is of Indian descent.
At the Loreto Convent, Tara Hall, Shimla, she completed her school education. Upon completing her studies at the ICG Institute for Educational Research 8 Development, Jaipur, Rajasthan, she earned a master’s degree in Communication and Journalism. Upon completion of the program at Alliance Francaise de, Delhi, Palki Sharma Upadhyay has been certified as a C1 French Learner. Born into a high-class family, Palki Sharma Upadhyay grew up in a very privileged environment.
Palki Sharma Upadhyay Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Palki Sharma. It allows you to read through the famous Indian journalists and news anchors’ profiles as quickly as possible. She believes in the Hindu religion. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She belongs to an Indian ethnicity and she has also Indian citizenship.
[table id=5542 /]
Palki Sharma Upadhyay Family – Parents, Siblings, And Education
It has been reported that her father is a former Indian cricketer and that her mother works as a beautician in Delhi. She has a sister named Sanchita.
Palki Sharma Upadhyay Husband And Children
Palki Sharma Upadhyay was married to Sanket Upadhyay who works as Senior Journalist at NDTV and is a respected journalist in the country.
In addition to their marriage, Palki Sharma Upadhyay and Sanket Upadhyay have two children, one son, and one daughter. Manya Upadhyay is the name of her daughter.
Palki Sharma Height, Weight, And Body Measurements
Palki Sharma’s height is 5 feet 6 inches and her weight is 60 kg. Her body measurements are 34-32-34 inches. She wears a bra of 32B (US) size. Her shoe size is 8 (US). Palki Sharma has black eyes and black hair.
5 Feet 6 Inches
Palki Sharma Upadhyay Net Worth
She has a net worth of $4 million as of 2023. A huge amount of her earnings mainly comes from journalism. In addition, she is the founder of a saree design company called Revya. Her passion and ardent desire for sarees led her to start her own business.
[table id=5543 /]
Palki Sharma Upadhyay Career
As a journalist as well as a news anchor, Palki Sharma Upadhyay started her career with Doordarshan, India’s largest broadcasting network, in 2002 as a news anchor and reporter.
During her time at the channel, she was assigned the task of hosting national and regional television programs. Aside from shortlisting and formatting stories for the channel, she was also given the responsibility of writing stories on current affairs for it.
As a Staff Writer at Hindustan Times, she began writing stories about civic and social issues prevailing in the country when she joined them in 2004.
During the time that she worked for Hindustan Times, she was tasked with reviewing films and copy-editing details of the newspaper’s Jaipur edition during her one-year tenure.
She then joined CNN-News 18, one of the leading English-language news channels in India, in May 2005, to become its anchor and Senior Editor. CNN-News 18 is India’s largest English-language news channel. Over the past decade, she has worked with this news channel as a reporter and host for a variety of news and chat shows.
There was no doubt that she was one of the most popular news anchors of that decade because she was known for interviewing prominent personalities of the country, such as cabinet ministers, opposition leaders, business heads, social activists, artists, authors, sports stars, film stars, and young achievers.
She was in charge of the work of writing, formatting, and presenting the channel’s content. In the past, she was the person responsible for reviewing books for 18NLive.com. She was in charge of conducting a variety of live online chats connected to various current affairs and topics of public interest that were being discussed.
In 2016, Palki S Upadhyay started working with the news channel, iTV Network, and during that year she was considered to be one of the most successful anchors and journalists of the year in the Indian media. It is important to point out that she worked with the network for a very short period of time and was responsible for conducting daily debates and discussion programs on the channel, especially related to politics and its guidelines and practices.
As a senior assistant manager at ay Network, she had the responsibility of guiding and training her colleagues and subordinates by interviewing a variety of trending personalities. A key role in the channel’s daily news plans was played by her, as she was the person responsible for drawing up the daily plans.
During the year 2019, she joined WION, a multinational English news channel based in New Delhi.
After working for three years as the Managing Editor of the channel, she decided to leave the channel on 2 September 2022 after working there for three years.
A media report states that Palki Sharma was appointed as the Managing Editor of Network18, days after leaving WION. Notably, this will be her second stint at Network18, where she has previously held a variety of positions.
It is reported that the senior broadcast journalist and editor will launch a new multi-platform video project for the company.
Facts About Palki Sharma Upadhyay
- As a hobby, she enjoys reading books, cooking different types of food for her family members, and designing interiors in her spare time.
- According to Palki S Upadhyay, she has always been fascinated by painting pots as a recreational activity since she was a child. It has been reported in the media that Palki has a variety of artistic abilities that go beyond her professional status as a news anchor.
- According to Palki, in the course of an interview with the media, she revealed that her parents had a love marriage and that their marriage was based on a romantic love story. According to her, she was very fond of their love story and enjoyed listening to it frequently from her mother as well. In her response, she said that if she ever had the chance to write a romantic novel in the future, she would write the story of her parents’ love in it.
- It is well-known that Palki S Upadhyay is a very fond wearer of sarees and has a collection of them for different occasions. She is the founder of a saree brand called Revya, which specializes in designing sarees. As a result of her passion and ardent desire for sarees, she decided to start her own business. Her saree brand is known for having a variety of unique and colorful designs that show her taste in fashion.
- In India, Palki S Upadhyay is known for her advocacy of issues related to Iraqi refugees and Tibetan refugees in India. For the first time, she has come into the limelight as the exclusive reporter covering the presidential campaign of Barack Obama in the United States exclusively for the Indian media.
- According to Palki S Upadhyay, she was born and raised in a family where there were many orthodox rules and regulations for girls and where she was raised according to those rules. She discussed her life before and after marriage in an interview with a media reporter. She stated that she had experienced a joyous life following her marriage. It was never a problem for her in-laws to allow her to cover breaking news outside the home at late hours. Her own parents, however, restricted her to working odd hours as a correspondent.
- In 2007, Palki S Upadhyay was awarded the Best News Reader Award. During the News Broadcasting Awards (ENBA), she was awarded the ‘Best International News Show’ in English for her program, “Gravitas.”
Managing Editor Palki Sharma was appointed by Network18 in Sep 2022, to the position of senior broadcast journalist and editor.
Palki S Upadhyay was born in Pilani, Rajasthan, India. Currently, She lives in Delhi, India.
What is the net worth of Palki Sharma?
Palki Sharma’s net worth is $4 million as of 2023.
Journalist and anchor Palki Sharma Upadhyay is one of the most prominent Indian news personalities.
She hosted the final episode of her prime-time television show, GRAVITAS, on September 2. Both Dr. Subhash Chandra and the new management were aware of the fact that the newsroom and the news product were built on a single show and one anchor.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Palki Sharma. Hopefully, Palki Sharma’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you find anything fishy in the article on Palki Sharma.