Nikhita Gandhi is an Indian playback singer who has worked in Indian films in four different languages. She has worked on Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, and Kannada film projects. She was born on 2 October 1991 in Kolkata West Bengal. She sang songs more than 5 Languages and very active in the south film industry. Nikhita comes from Kolkata and Belong to the family of Bengali-Punjabi origin. She was a part of a choir that was selected to perform at an Indo-German exchange program. She finally released her first album Kotha (Bengali) in the year 2012. This is how she entered the music industry. After that, she worked on various personal studip albums and also sang a few Bengali songs as well. Her big break came when she was roped in y A.R. Rahman to sing a song in the Tamil film I.
She sang the song Ladio which became very popular. She also sang the Hindi and Telugu version of this song. She sang as the face of Deepika Padukone in Raabta for the title track “Raabta”. Her song ” Ullu ka Pattha” dual with Arijit Singh from the film Jagga Jasoos is a hit song. She sang for Sachin: A Billion Dreams, Chef, Jab Harry Met Sejal, and Ittefaq. She also sang a Bengali song “Mithe Alo” with Atif Aslam for Cockpit. Her song “Aao Kabhi Haveli Pe” and “Poster Lagwa Do” also became popular.
Nikhita Gandhi Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1501 /]
Family – Parents, Sister/ Education
She was born in Kolkata in the state of West Bengal, India into a middle-class family. Her mother’s name is Nipa Gandhi (Dentist) and her father’s name is Udey Vir Gandhi (Dentist). She has 2 siblings, 0 sisters, and 2 brothers. Her younger brother’s name is Niru and 1 other.
Nikhita Gandhi was born and raised in Kolkata. She relocated to Chennai for further studies. She pursued a course in dentistry in Chennai. She was always inclined towards music and hence she joined K. M. College of Music and Technology in Chennai. She was a part of a choir that was selected to perform at an Indo-German exchange program.
She finally released her first album Kotha (Bengali) in the year 2012. This is how she entered the music industry. The actress shares a close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her social media account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known singers of the music industry.
Nikhita Gandhi Net Worth
Nikhita Gandhi Net Worth is $1.4 Million – $5 Million (USD) as of 2023. The main source of Nikhita Gandhi’s income comes from singing, acting & sponsorship of different brands. Nikhita Gandhi’s earnings for the year have yet to be determined, but she is likely to see an increase in pay. We are in the process of reviewing Nikhita Gandhi’s salary, so check back soon.
[table id=1499 /]
We are constantly updating this page with new financial and earning details. We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that Nikhita Gandhi Net Worth estimates and wealth calculation is accurate and up to date. All net worths are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. While it’s relatively simple to predict her income, it’s harder to know Nikhita Gandhi’s expenses over the years.
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Songs – Career
- She was a part of a choir that was selected to perform at an Indo-German exchange program. She finally released her first album Kotha (Benagali) in the year 2012. This is how she entered the music industry.
- After that, she worked on various personal studip albums and also sang a few Bengali songs as well. Her big break came when she was roped in y A.R. Rahman to sing a song in the Tamil film I.
- She sang the song Ladio which became very popular. She also sang the Hindi and Telugu version of this song.
- She also formed her own music band which has performed in Kolkata and some parts of Kerala.
- In 2015, she also sang the Arabic song “Signs of the Last Prophet” from the Irani film Muhammad: The Messenger of God. After having established herself in the south Indian film industry, she started getting offers from Bollywood as well.
- In 2017, she sang the title song of the film Raabta and Ullu ka Pattha from the film Jagga Jasoos. Both the songs were a huge hit and she also won herself the Best Playback singer award for the title song of Raabta.
- Her recent song “Poster Lagwa Do” from the film Luka Chippi was also a smash hit. Off late, she has concentrated mostly on Bengali songs and some of her latest songs include Marhaba and Eh Shomoy among others.
- She collaborated with Vishal Delano for the superhit song Madari from the film The Extraordinary Journey of The Fakir.
[table id=1500 /]
- Does Nikhita Gandhi smoke: Not Known
- Does Nikhita Gandhi drink alcohol: Not Known
- Originally hailing from Kolkata, Nikhita belongs to a family of Bengali-Punjabi origin.
- After graduating from school, Nikhita moved to Chennai to become a dentist. However, dentistry took a back seat when she was selected to be a part of her college’s choir troupe.
- Interestingly, Nikhita had a chance to meet with maestro A. R. Rahman during an Indo-German music exchange Program. This meeting, however, turned the tables for the budding dentist as Rahman promised to offer her a song if she was willing to have some professional training in the field. For this purpose, Nikhita enrolled in A. R. Rahman’s K. M. College of Music and Technology and simultaneously pursued both dentistry and music.
- The Mozart of Madras kept his promise and offered her the song, ‘Ladiyo’, from the movie- I (2014), which was released in three different languages viz. Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu. Interestingly, Nikhita gave her voice to all the three versions of the song.
- Her Bengali album titled Kotha, a re-arrangement of ‘Nazrul Geeti’, songs were written by renowned poet Kazi Nazrul Islam became an instant success upon its release in 2012.
- Despite being a Bengali, Nikhita has managed to handle both Tamil and Hindi songs quite well. She shot to fame in the Hindi film Industry after lending her voice to the title track of Sushant Singh Rajput–Kriti Sanon starrer Raabta.
- A philanthropist at heart, Nikhita has been conscientiously working towards a number of social and environmental welfare programs. Aside from organizing free dental camps every now and then, she actively participates in drives that promote tree-plantation and dog adoption.
- Nikhita has lent her voice for 3 tracks from the Iranian film “Muhammad (SAL): The Messenger of God.”
- She has sung three songs for the Hollywood film “Pelé: Birth of a Legend (2016),” a biographical film based on the life of the Brazillian footballer “Pelé.”
- Gandhi has received training in Odissi and Hindustani music for around 12 years.
- She is a lead vocalist of a 5-member band, ‘Noor,’ which performs regularly at concerts and music festivals.
- In 2018, she released her first independent single “Humshakal.” The song is composed and produced by Nikitha herself.
- As the lead vocalist of a 5-member band, Noor, she now performs regularly at concerts and music festivals.
- She is also a trained Odissi dancer.