Nelly Korda is an American professional golfer who has won six times on the LPGA Tour. She was a member of the team that competed in the 2019 Solheim Cup. Korda competed in the 2015 Junior Solheim Cup for the United States.
She won the Harter Hall Invitational and the PING Invitational as an amateur, and in 2015, she was awarded an AJGA Rolex Junior All-American. She was also a finalist in the 2013 U.S. Miss Universe pageant. Women’s Open, just a month after turning 15 years old.
Nelly Korda Bio & Wiki[table id=2923 /]
Nelly Korda Early Life
Nelly Korda was born in Bradenton, on July 28, 1998. Petr Korda, her father, and Regina Rajchrtova, her mother, were both women’s tennis players. In 1998, her father, Petr, did win the Australian Open grand slam.
Her siblings are Sebastian, her younger brother, and Jessica Korda, her older sister. Her younger brother has followed in her parents’ footsteps and is currently establishing himself as a tennis player. Nelly’s younger sister, on the other hand, is a local professional golfer.
Korda has wanted to be a professional athlete since she was a child. Nelly’s parents have always supported and encouraged her in her pursuit of her dreams. She competed in the 2013 United States Women’s Open as a young player. She took a few more steps forward and began learning to play golf as a novice.
Nelly Korda Career
- Her familial background, particularly her parents, provided her with the necessary foundation to succeed as a professional. Petr Korda, her father, and Regina Rajchrtova, her mother, are both retired professional tennis players. As a result, both of her sisters were inspired to pursue a career as professional golfers.
- She also played in the 2013 U.S. Women’s Open and made the cut. This incredible accomplishment occurred just a month before her 15th birthday.
- In 2016, she made her professional debut on The Symetra Tour, formerly known as the LPGA Futures Tour. At the Sioux Falls Great Life Challenge, she won her first event.
- She won the LPGA Taiwan Championship in Taiwan in October 2018 for the first time in the Ladies Professional Golf Association. With this victory, she and her sister Jessica Korda became only the third sibling duo to win on the LPGA Tour.
- She finished runner-up at The CME Group Tour Championship and solo third at The Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions.
- In February of the following year, she won the Women’s Australian Open. Jessica Korda won the Women’s Australian Open in 2012, and Sebastian Korda, her younger brother, won the junior boys’ Australian Open in 2018. Lexi Thompson, an American professional golfer, won the CME Group Tour Championship in 2018 with an 18-under par total, a four-shot victory over her. Lexi was awarded $500,000 in prize money.
- Her win at the same tournament was her fourth top-five finish in her last five LPGA appearances. She also made her maiden appearance in the top ten in the women’s world golf rankings, which were released on February 18, 2019. She rises to become the world’s second-highest American.
- She won the Open de France Dames by eight strokes in September 2019 after shooting a 4-under-par 67 in stormy circumstances.
- In November of the same year, she successfully defended her title at the LPGA Taiwan Championship, defeating German golfer Caroline Masson and Australian golfer Minjee Lee in a playoff.
- She won The Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio on February 28, 2021, a women’s golf tournament on the Ladies Professional Golf Association tour in Florida.
Nelly Korda Personal Life
Nelly Korda is presently 5 feet 10 inches tall (178 cm) and weighs roughly 60 kilogrammes (132 pounds). Her length, width measurements are 33-24-inches. Her hair is brown, and her eyes are brown. In the United States, her shoe and clothing sizes are 7 and 6, respectively.
Nelly Korda’s current partner is Andreas Athanasiou, a professional hockey player from Canada.Andreas has been her boyfriend since 2019. Prior to Andreas, she had a brief relationship with Jordan Thompson, an Austrian tennis player. Nelly dated him for a few months from mid-2018 to the beginning of 2019.
Nelly Korda Net Worth
Nelly Korda’s net worth is projected to be $4 million as of 2023. During her professional golf career, she has amassed a sizable fortune.
According to LPGA statistics, Korda has earned a total of $5,595,203 throughout her career. Because she is currently at the pinnacle of her field, Nelly is sure to earn a huge fortune in the future.
As of 2023, Nelly Korda’s net worth is $4 million. Jessica, on the other hand, is thought to be worth around $5 million dollars.
Last week, Nelly Korda won the Pelican Women’s Championship with 263 strokes and $262,500 in prize money. Lexi Thompson, Lydia Ko, and Sei Young Kim, her playoff opponents, all hit 263 shots and tied for second place with $123,183 apiece.
Nelly Korda, her younger sister, joined her on the LPGA Tour in 2017 after winning her card on the Symetra Tour and rose to the top of the Women’s World Golf Rankings in 2021. On December 11, 2021, she married her longtime boyfriend Johnny DelPrete.