Nelly is a musician, actor, rapper, and businessman from the United States. His real name is Cornell Iral Haynes Jr. He is referred has one of the biggest stars in the new millennium. Nelly is the fourth American rap artist with best-selling albums and sold over 21 million albums as of now. In 2009 Nelly was ranked as the third Top artist in the 2000s Decade by Billboard. He also won four Grammy awards.
Nelly started his career in 1993 with the Midwest rap music group St. Lunatics and made a deal with Universal Records in 1993. He started his solo career in 2000, with the release of Kelly’s debut album Country Grammar, the main track Ride wit Me, which was among the top ten hits that year.
Cornell Iral Haynes Jr. a.k.a Nelly was born on 2nd November 1974 in Austin, Texas. His father is Cornell Haynes and his mother is Rhonda Mack. Nelly’s father was in the United States Air Force for most of his youth, and his parents separated when he was just seven years old.
Nelly relocated from St. Louis into University City, a suburb in St. Louis County, along with his mother when he was a youngster. Nelly established the St. Lunatics alongside his buddies Ali, Kyjuan, Murphy Lee, and Slo’Down, as well as his half-brother City Spud, while still in high school.
In 1997, the group’s track Gimme What Ya Got achieved minor local success. A&R Kevin Law later signed Nelly to Universal Music Group in 1999.
Country Grammar, Nelly’s debut track, was a hit, reaching number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 as well as number seven on the UK singles chart.
At first, the label was skeptical with Nelly but after the success of his debut single, the label proceeded with his debut solo album. The record album was called Country Grammar which was certified by RIAA as 9x platinum in 2004.
Nelly Net Worth
Nelly has an estimated net worth of $8 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$8 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$8 Million|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
|Income Source||Rapper Artist |
- Nelly launched his debut album, named Country Grammar, on 27th June 2000, through the Universal Records label. Country Grammar, Ride with Me and E.I., were among the album’s singles.
- Nellyville, his second studio album, was one of his most popular and praised albums, and was released in 2002. The album debuted at the top of the music charts and went on to sell millions of copies throughout the world.
- Sweat, his third studio album, was launched in 2004. Music reviewers praised the album, and it reached the top of the charts in the United States and overseas.
- His fourth album, Suit, was released on September 13, 2004, and was a financial success. My Place, N Dey Say, and Over and Over were among the album’s singles.
- He starred as Earl Megget in the athletic comedy movie The Longest Yard, directed by Peter Segal, in 2005. At the box office, the picture was a big hit.
- His fifth studio album, Brass Knuckles, was released in 2008 to mixed reactions but reached number one on the charts. Body on Me and Party People were two hits from the album.
- The Best of Nelly was published in Japan in 2009 as a collection CD. The album has 18 tracks and was issued by Universal International.
- 5.0, his sixth album, was launched in 2010 on the Universal Motown & Derrty Entertainment labels. The album’s lead track, Just a Dream, was a huge success.
- He made a number of guest appearances on numerous television series in 2011. The reality program T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, as well as select episodes of 90210, are among the shows.
- In 2012, he released his mixtape, Scorpio Season, his second mixtape. In the same year, he starred in the reality show, The Next: Fame Is at Your Doorstep, in which he portrayed himself.
- In 2013, he released the track, Hey Porsche, that got included in his album M.O. Nelly also revealed that artist Chris Brown will appear on the album in the song Marry Go Round.
- He was a prominent cast member of the five-season mock and documentary series Real Husbands of Hollywood between 2013 and 2016.
- Nelly was named as being one of the superstars participating in the 29th season of Dancing with the Stars on September 2, 2020.
- Cornell Iral Haynes Jr. is Nelly’s actual name.
- Nelly eats only plant-based foods.
- Actor Edgar L. Davis and Disney animator Marlon West were among the rapper’s classmates in high school.
- He previously lived in Spain for three years while he was a child.
- The Nelly, according to accounts, has five tattoos.
- Because of his passion for sports, Nelly has a minor stake in the Charlotte Hornets.
- Nelly revealed that a scholarship program in Michael Brown’s honor has been established and financed.
- On June 27, 2003, Nelly’s second album, Nellyville, was rated six times platinum.
- Nelly is a family guy who has four children, two of them are his late sister’s biological offspring.
- Country Grammar, Nelly’s debut album, went 9x platinum in the United States and 13x platinum globally.
How many times has Nelly been married?
Nelly is not married.
How much is Nelly’s net worth?
Who is Nelly dating?
How many top No.1 Nelly have?
Nelly has six No. 1 hits.