Mohit Marwah Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Mohit Marwah is a Bollywood actor, best known for his debut feature film Fugly, produced by Akshay Kumar, and Raag Desh directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia. He has appeared in Short Films such as Strangers in the Night produced by Dharma Productions and directed by Shakun Batra, and in Love Shots produced by Yash Raj Films.
Mohit Marwah Family
He is the elder son of Sandeep Marwah, founder of Noida Film City, and his wife Reena Marwah. His mother, Reena Marwah, is the daughter of Surinder Kapoor and sister of film personalities Boney Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, and Sanjay Kapoor. He is a first cousin of actors Sonam Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor, as well as young film producer Rhea Kapoor, Jahnvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor, daughters of Boney Kapoor and Sridevi. Marwah has one younger brother named Akshay Marwah.
In February 2018 in Al Jazirah Al Hamra, Marwah married Antara Motiwala, niece of former actress Tina Munim (wife of industrialist Anil Ambani). His aunt, Sridevi died in Dubai after attending his wedding.
Mohit Marwah attended Don Bosco School and the University of Delhi for his formal education. He joined the Asian Academy of Film & Television following his inclination towards filmmaking. Thereafter, Mohit Marwah was accepted by Vikram Bhatt as his assistant director. After gathering field experience in movie production, Mohit Marwah decided to specialize in acting and proceed to New York City to join Lee Strasberg Acting School.
Mohit Marwah Bio
Real Name Mohit Marwah
Profession(s) Actor, Model
Mohit Marwah Physical Stats & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
Weight (approx.) in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
Body Measurements – Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Black
Mohit Marwah Personal Life
Date of Birth 26 August 1984
Age (as in 2018) 34 Years
Birth Place New Delhi, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Virgo
Home town New Delhi, India
School Don Bosco School, Kolkata
College/University University of Delhi, New Delhi
Asian Academy of Film & Television, Noida
Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York
Educational Qualification Graduate
Debut Film: Fugly (2014)Mohit Marwah- Fugly
Family Father- Sandeep Marwah (Businessman)
Mother- Reena Marwah
Mohit Marwah Parents
Brother- Akshay Marwah
Maternal Uncles- Anil Kapoor (Actor), Boney Kapoor (Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Actor)
Maternal Cousins- Sonam Kapoor (Actress), Arjun Kapoor (Actor), Rhea Kapoor (Producer), Khushi Kapoor (Actress), Jhanvi Kapoor (Actress), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Actor)
Hobbies Travelling, Workouts, Watching cricket & badminton
Mohit Marwah Favourite Things
Favourite Cricketer MS Dhoni
Favourite Film Dil Se
Favourite TV Show Narcos
Favourite Destination Abu Dhabi
Mohit Marwah Girlfriend/wife
Marital Status Married
Affairs/Girlfriends Antara Motiwala (Fashion Stylist)
Wife/Spouse Antara Motiwala (Fashion Stylist)
Marriage Date 21 February 2018
Marriage Place Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts in Ras al-Khaimah, UAE
Mohit Marwah’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Mohit Marwah in 2020?
Estimated Net Worth in 2019 $1 Million – $5 Million (Approx.)
Previous Year’s Net Worth (2018) $100,000 – $1 Million
Annual Salary Under Review.
Income Source Primary Income source Movie Actor (profession).
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc.
Mohit Marwah Career/Movies
- He started out his career working as an assistant director to Vikram Bhatt. getting involved in activities of the production process of three films, namely Elaan (2005), Jurm (2005) and Deewane Huye Pagal (2005).
- He acted in a short film “The Audition” produced by his sibling Akshay Marwah, directed by Karan Boolani and music supervised by Amit Trivedi. He also did a short film later produced by Karan Johar called “Strangers in the Night” presented by Dharma Productions and Directed by Shakun Batra.
- Thereafter, he got his break into the mainstream when was signed by Akshay Kumar for feature film Fugly opposite Kiara Advani
- Recently he acted in a video featuring Anmoll Mallik, Singer and music director Anu Malik’s daughter’s debut single, ‘Lamhein’ which is a recreation of Coldplay’s 2011 hit, ‘Paradise’. featuring Mohit along with Anmoll herself.
- Earlier this year, Mohit starred in yet another short film by Y-Films, the youth division of Yash Raj Films.
- Love Shots is a collection of six short films, starring him along with Farida Jalal, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Nimrat Kaur, Shweta Tripathi, Tillotama Shome, Saqib Saleem, Tahir Raj Bhasin, Rhea Chakraborty, Saba Azad, Salim Merchant, and Swanand Kirkire. He has also acted in the short film The Big Date and later appeared in Raag Desh.
Mohit Marwah Off-Screen Appearances
- He is the Director of the Marwah Studios group, a creative enterprise involved in Media and entertainment activities.
- In 2014, Mohit has been named one of the Best Dressed Men in Bollywood by GQ India. Joining his celebrity status as a fashion star, were famous personas as Saif Ali Khan, Abhay Deol, Shahid Kapoor, Neil Nitin Mukesh, and Ayushmann Khurrana.
- He has also featured in GQ India’s spring spread showcasing standout collection from Italian fashion label Gucci.
- Mohit Marwah has also appeared on the ramp for famous fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani in New Delhi to mark his support for a social cause. The show was organized for raising awareness in communities to help autistic children.
- He has been signed as the brand ambassador for the famous lifestyle brand, Provogue. With his striking personality, athletic physique and fresh appeal, the actor have been elected to be the face of the brand’s grooming products. The new brand ambassador, Mohit, will be joining the league predecessors like Fardeen Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan who have endorsed the brand with equal panache and style in the past.
- He also acted in a video featuring Anmoll Mallik, Singer and music director Anu Malik’s daughter’s debut single, ‘Lamhein’ which is a recreation of Coldplay’s 2011 hit, ‘Paradise’.
Mohit Marwah Filmography
Year Film Role Director Notes
2014 Fugly Dev Kabir Sadanand Acting Debut
2017 Raag Desh Colonel Prem Sehgal Tigmanshu Dhulia
Mohit Marwah Short Films, Web Series And Music Videos
Year Film Director Notes
2014 Strangers in the Night Shakun Batra Dharma Productions
2015 Lamhein Music Video Mohit Suri Adaptation of Coldplay’s song Paradise
2016 Love Shots – The Big Date (Short) Ankur Tiwari Web Series of Y films (Yash raj Films)
images of mohit marwah
Some Known Facts About Mohit Marwah
- Does Mohit Marwah smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mohit Marwah drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born into a Delhi based Punjabi family with roots in Pakistan as his grandfather came from Peshawar to India during the partition in 1947. Mohit Marwah grandfather Suraj Prakash Marwah
- His grandfather, Suraj Prakash Marwah, came to India with absolutely no money in hand. Initially, he used to sell newspapers and eggs at Red Fort. After years of hard work, he built the ‘Marwah studio’ at Noida Film City.
- His parents are the owners of Marwah Studios in Noida. Mohit Marwah – Marwah Studios in Noida
- He started his career working as an Assistant Director under Vikram Bhatt.
- After a struggle of 2 years in Mumbai, he got the lead role in the film ‘Fugly’ (2014) that was produced by Akshay Kumar.
- He has also acted in short films like ‘Strangers in the Night‘ produced by Dharma Productions, and ‘Love Shots’ produced by Yash Raj Films.
- He has been titled as one of the ‘Best Dressed Men’ in Bollywood by GQ Magazine India.
- He has also featured in a video, alongside Anmoll Malik, singer and music director Anu Malik‘s daughter’s debut single, ‘Lamhein’ which is a recreation of Coldplay’s ‘Paradise’.
- He is actively involved with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- He received accolades for playing the role of Colonel Prem Sehgal in the period drama film ‘Raag Desh’ (2017), an Indian National Army officers who underwent court-martial.