Mithila Palkar is an Indian actress known for the roles she played in the popular YouTube web series Girl in the City and Netflix Little Things. She rose to fame after the “cup song” inspired by Anna Kendrick‘s cup song from Pitch Perfect. Titled Hi Chal Turu Turu, Mithila’s cup song went viral on all the social media platforms. Forbes India named Mithila Palkar in their Under 30 list of young achievers in India. Mithila Palkar was born and brought up in Mumbai, India. She did her graduation in Smt. Mithibai Motiram Kundnani College of Commerce & Economics. After completing her graduation she got offers to act in advertisements that include Maggi and Zomato.
After a while, Dhruv Sehgal, who met Mithila at Thespo, asked her to give an audition for Filter Copy’s new satire show on YouTube called News Darshan. She did well in that audition and also went on to do her first web series called Girl in the city for Bindass and a number of YouTube videos for Pocket Aces including a web series known as Little Things on Netflix with Dhruv Sehgal, which achieved an enormous amount of popularity.
Mithila Palkar Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1334 /]
Family – Parents, Education & More
Palkar was born into a Marathi family. She initially lived in Vasai with her parents but she and her sister later moved to live in Dadar with her maternal grandparents due to inconveniences in traveling. She comes from a family with no actors, and her grandfather initially did not approve of her decision to act.
Her sister holds a Ph.D. in Neuroscience and lives in Los Angeles. Palkar first acted while in Class VII in an inter-school drama competition. She admits being a “nerd” but was always active in dramatics, dancing, and singing during her school days at IES’s Modern English School, Dadar.
She pursued science in higher secondary but chose to pursue a Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) at MMK College, Bandra after that to be involved with films and theatre. After graduating in 2013, Palkar gave her first audition to Quasar Padamsee of Quasar Theatre Productions (QTP).
The audition did not get her the role but Quasar gave her a job backstage, managing their theatre festival, Thespo. Palkar has previously trained in Hindustani classical music (by the Marathi singer Varsha Bhave), in Kathak, and took a crash course in acting at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting in Los Angeles.
Mithila Palkar Net Worth
Mithila Palkar’s net worth has been growing significantly in 2022-23. So, how much is Mithila Palkar worth? What is Mithila’s salary per year and how rich is She at the age of 30 years old?
[table id=1335 /]
Movies, Songs – Career
She started off her career by doing a Marathi short film titled Majha Honeymoon in the year 2014. In 2015, she made her silver screen debut through the film titled Katti Batti. She played a supporting role in this film but got noticed. A couple of years later, she made her Marathi film debut through the film titled Muramba. She came to the limelight after her portrayal of brat teenaged girls in the much-acclaimed film Karwaan in 2018. She was then seen in Netflix film Chopsticks alongside veteran actor Abhay Deol.
In addition to films, she has been a part of some television series and web series as well. She has been highly praised for her performance in the Netflix series Litte Things on Netflix. She has been a part of the series in all its 3 installments. Her chemistry with actor Dhruv Sehgal has been highly acclaimed. She will be next seen in Bollywood film Tribhanga.
- Does Mithila Palkar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mithila Palkar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Mithila Palkar belongs to a conservative Marathi Family.
- She has been living with her maternal grandparents since her school days.
- While she was in school, she was part of the school’s theatre group and went on stage for the first time at the age of 12.
- In 2012, during his second year of college, she joined the Q Theatre Productions and was part of its youth theatre movement, Thespo as a volunteer.
- In 2013, she started working as a Festival Manager at Thespo, which gave her the chance to interact with everyone (from directors to actors).
- At one of the festivals, Mithila met Dhruv Sehgal, who suggested her name to FilterCopy to anchor a YouTube’s satire show ‘News Darshan’ which was based on an American TV show ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.’
- Though she wanted to start her career with Marathi theatre, she gave her first professional audition for an English play.
- She has done several theatres plays like Tunni Ki Kahani, Aaj Rang Hai, etc.
- Mithila Palkar is a trained Kathak dancer.
- She made her Bollywood debut in 2015 by playing the role of Koyal Kabra in the film, Katti Batti.
- Before making her Bollywood debut, Mithila Palkar did a short Marathi film ‘Majha Honeymoon’ (2014), in which she played the role of Rujuta.
- She received huge fame with the Bindass’ web series ‘Girl In The City’ as Meera Sehgal and Netflix’s web series ‘Little Things’ as Kavya Kulkarni.
Is Mithila Palkar Dating?
Mithila Palkar And Actor-writer Dhruv Sehgal’s On-screen Chemistry Is Loved By Many, But The Actress Says Dating Each Other Was Never On Their Minds.
Is Mithila Palkar Married?
As Of 2023, Her Age Is Around 30 Years. Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Marriage / Boyfriend Currently Not Married. Personal Life: One Of The Popular Marathi Youtubers From Mumbai, Mithila Palkar Became Famous For Her Song ‘Hi Chal Turu Turu’ Where She Played It On The Cups.
What Is The Height Of Mithila Palkar?
Why Is Mithila Famous?
Mithila Palkar Is An Indian Actress Known For Her Characters In The Tv Series Girl In The City And Netflix Little Things on Netflix. Mithila Made Her Acting Debut In The Year 2014 Through A Short Film Majha Honeymoon, Which Was Showcased In The 16Th Mumbai Film Festival.