Megha Burman is an Indian film actress working in the Hindi and Tamil film industry. She played the role of Razia in Sohan Roy’s Dam, which may have been based on the Mullaperiyar Dam dispute between Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The DMK party chief M. Karunanidhi urged the Tamil Nadu chief minister J.Jayalalitha to ban the movie for “people’s safety”. She was born and brought up in Kolkata. Her passion for acting brought her to film city Mumbai.
A day before its scheduled release on 25 November, the film was banned by the State Government on grounds that its release would disturb relations between Tamil Nadu and Kerala. She played the lead role in Oru Modhal Oru Kadhal. Her film Ballad of Rustom was a qualifying feature for the Academy Awards in 2014. In 2020, she played the role of Nisha Das in the Hindi language sports drama film Panga.
- Deepika Pilli Biography, Age, Height, Affairs, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
- Ansha Sayed Biography, Age, Height, Affairs, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Megha Burman Bio/ Wiki
|Birth Name||Megha Burman|
|Debut||Hindi Films: Paap(2003)|
Telugu: Ankit, Pallavi & Friends (2008)
Tamil: Oru Modhal Oru Kadhal (2014)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Residence||Caesar Road, Andheri West(Mumbai)|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing, Travelling|
|Mother's Name||Vandana Vijay Burman|
|Father's Name||Vijay Burman|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||Drama School Mumbai|
|College/University||The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute|
Roshan Taneja School of Acting
Shiamak Davar Institute for Performing Arts
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters-165 cm|
in meters: 1.65 m
in feet inches: 5’5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms-53 kg|
in pounds: 117 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Naseeruddin Shah, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, Geoffrey Rush|
|Favourite Cuisine|| Indian|
|Controversies||In 2015, She comes in media highlight when her 58-year-old mother, Vandana Vijay Burman commits suicide. She was suffered from depression and left a suicide note behind her daughters.|
Burman’s most controversial movie was Sohan Roy’s Dam in which she played the role of Razia. This film was based on the Mullaperiyar Dam dispute between Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The DMK party chief M. Karunanidhi urged the Tamil Nadu chief minister J.Jayalalitha to ban the movie considering “people’s safety”.
Megha Burman Net Worth
Megha Burman Net Worth is $100,000 – $1M (USD). The main source of Megha Burman’s income comes from singing, acting & sponsorship of different brands. Megha Burman’s earnings for the year have yet to be determined, but she is likely to see an increase in pay. We are in the process of reviewing Megha Burman’s salary, so check back soon.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$100,000 – $1 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
We are constantly updating this page with new financial and earning details. We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that Megha Burman Net Worth estimates and wealth calculation is accurate and up to date. All net worths are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. While it’s relatively simple to predict her income, it’s harder to know Megha Burman’s expenses over the years.
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
- Anuj Sachdeva Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
- Rohan Mehra Bio, Age, Height, Family, GF, Movies, TV, Net Worth & Wiki
Movies – Career
- Her journey starts in 2003, She played a small role of DCP’s daughter in Bollywood film “Paap”. After that, she has been seen in films like Ankit, Pallavi & Friends(2008), Dam 999(2011), Ballad of Rustom(2012), Oru Modhal Oru Kadhal (2014) and ‘Lattoo’.
- Megha Burman’s most controversial movie was Sohan Roy’s Dam in which she played the role of Razia. This film was based on the Mullaperiyar Dam dispute between Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The DMK party chief M. Karunanidhi urged the Tamil Nadu chief minister J.Jayalalitha to ban the movie considering “people’s safety”.
- In the year 2014, Megha played the lead actress role in “Oru Modhal Oru Kadhal”. She cast alongside Vivek Rajagopal, Pyramid Natarajan, Swaminathan, and Meera Krishnan.
- The same year her film Ballad of Rustom was a qualifying feature for the Oscars.
- Megha also worked in several plays in Drama School Mumbai like Going to the Sea. She has been seen in Gits Gulab Jamun’s commercial advertisement.
|2008||Ankit, Pallavi & Friends|
|2012||Ballad of Rustom|
|2013||The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir Nia|
|2014||Oru Modhal Oru Kadhal|
- Does Megha smoke?: Not Known
- Does Megha drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born on 20 September in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- Her father’s name is Vijay Burman and her mother’s name is Vandana Vijay Burman.
- She made her debut with the movie Paap in 2003.
- She also appeared in Tamil and Bengali movies.
- Megha Burman also appeared in Dam movie, which is her most controversial movie.
- She also worked on YouTube videos.