Mauro Emanuel Icardi currently plays for the Argentinean national team and for the Italian club Internazionale. Since 2015, he has been serving as the captain of ‘Internazionale’. After starting his career in football with the Spanish football team Vecindario at 9 years old, he scored more than 500 goals in various classifications of the club. As well as ‘Real Madrid,’ ‘Arsenal’ and ‘Liverpool,’ he received offers from various clubs. He finally joined ‘Barcelona’ in 2008. In 2011, he joined Sampdoria after almost three years.
Sampdoria was where he began his career as a senior and Internazionale were where he joined in 2013. Along with Luca Toni of ‘Hellas Verona,’ he won the ‘Capocannoniere’ trophy jointly with him after both scored 22 goals as top scorers in the 2014–2015 season of ‘Serie A.’ Icardi was named in the ‘Serie A Team of the Year’ in 2014–2015 and crossed the 100-goal barrier in Serie A in March 2018. In 2012, he became part of the Argentinean national ‘Under-20’ football team and made his senior international debut with the Argentinean national team in October 2013.
Mauro Icardi Bio/Wiki[table id=2753 /]
Icardi was born on February 19, 1993, in Rosario, Argentina, to Analía Rivero and Juan Icardi. At the age of 5, he began playing soccer for a team called Sarratea. When he was nine years old, his family moved to the Canary Islands due to the recession. Icardi’s father, Juan, worked in a restaurant as he began playing youth football with Vecindario.
Between 2002 and 2008, he scored more than 500 goals in the club’s youth categories, thereby attracting the attention of several top clubs, scouts, and managers. Among the clubs that made offers to him were ‘Liverpool,’ ‘Barcelona,’ ‘Arsenal,’ and ‘Real Madrid.’
Finally, he joined ‘Barcelona’ in 2008, signing a contract until 2013, and was inducted into the ‘Under-17’ team. He was promoted to the ‘Under-19’ team the following season. On May 27, 2014, in Buenos Aires, Argentina, he married Wanda Nara, a media personality and football agent from Argentina. Two daughters were born to them in 2015 and 2016, respectively: Francesca and Isabella.
Wanda is the ex-wife of Maxi López, Icardi’s former teammate from Sampdoria. Icardi’s marriage with Wanda caused immense controversy and created animosity against him in Argentina. Wanda’s marriage with López, with whom she had three sons, ended in divorce after her relationship with Icardi was revealed, according to reports.
Icardi caused controversy once again when he described an incident in his autobiography, ‘Sempre Avanti’ (‘Always Forward’), published on October 11, 2016 which offended a few Internazionale fans. ‘Internazionale’ fined him for erasing the portion from the book and for the subsequent erasure.
Mauro Icardi Net Worth
According to some sites, Mauro Icardi’s net worth is $ 100 Million in the US by 2023.[table id=2754 /]
The Argentinian national team player, who has achieved so much fame as a result of his appearance in the squad, is one of the richest footballers in the country. Mauro Icardi earns more than £1 million a month.
He makes a good amount of money from the national football team as well as his contract with Paris Saint-Germain. Mauro Icardi earns over £10 Million per year, which translates to over $13 Million. Icardi’s salary at Saint-Germain is around 12.7 Million Euros per year after signing the contract. He earns money from multiple brand promotions and brand deals as well.
In addition to owning a number of expensive properties, Mauro Icardi likes to live a luxurious lifestyle. At present, he resides in a beautiful house in Genoa, Italy. He is enjoying a dream life with his wife and children. In addition, the couple lives in a luxurious mansion in Paris.
Sports cars are Mauro Icardi’s passion and he keeps some expensive cars in his garage. Let’s take a closer look at Icardi’s car collection. The Huracan Spyder is considered one of the most luxurious cars in the world and costs $266,325. A Bentley Bentayga costs approximately $156,900.
The third car in his garage is a Rolls-Royce Ghost, which costs $337,850. The ‘Hummer H2’ costs approximately $33,900. No. 5 on the list of top SUVs is Range Rover Sport, with a price tag of $115,500.
Mauro Icardi is one of the top footballers in Argentina, and because of this, he is the first choice for brand promotions for big companies. Mauro Icardi is the brand ambassador for Nike. Besides that, he also endorses multiple international brands including Dior, Philipp Plein, and many more.
- The Italian association football club ‘Unione Calcio Sampdoria,’ better known as ‘Sampdoria,’ has certified his loan contract with the club until the end of the 2010–2011 season, which was confirmed by the club on January 11, 2011. During a six-month loan with the ‘Primavera’ squad, he scored 13 goals in 19 games.
- ‘Sampdoria’ bought ‘Icardi’ for €400,000, signing a contract for three years.
- ‘Sampdoria’ made its first-team debut on May 12, 2012, scoring a 2–1 win against ‘Juve Stabia.’ The match also marked his first professional goal.
- His ‘Serie A’ debut came on September 26, 2012, when he faced ‘Roma.’ He scored his first goal in the professional league on November 12, 2012, during the ‘Derby della Lanterna,’ as Sampdoria beat Genoa 3–1.
- He scored both goals of his team’s 2–1 victory over Juventus at the ‘Juventus Stadium’ on January 6, 2013, which marked Juventus’ second loss there.
- He turned heads with a spectacular performance in Sampdoria’s win over Pescara on January 27, 2013, scoring four goals in a six-goal win. The club moved away from the relegation zone of ‘Serie A’ with this win.
- ‘Internazionale’ is a professional Italian football club he joined in 2013. The club and Sampdoria signed a deal for a transfer fee of €6.5 million for 50% registration rights. He made his official debut with Internazionale on August 25 of that year, when the team defeated Genoa 2–0 at home.
- On September 14, 2013, he scored his first league goal for the club, scoring the first goal in a 1–1 draw with ‘Juventus.’
- As of June 10, 2014, Internazionale acquired full ownership of Icardi, in exchange for another €6.5 million.
- Icardi made his European debut with Inter on August 20, 2014, in a 3–0 win over Iceland’s Stjarnan during the first leg of the UEFA Europa League play-off round. It was also his first European goal.
- Icardi scored the second Italian hat-trick of his career on September 14, 2014, when Internazionale won 7–0 against Sassuolo. He became the top goal-scorer of ‘Serie A,’ along with Luca Toni of ‘Hellas Verona.’ Icardi and Toni each scored 22 goals and earned the ‘Capocannoniere’ award.
- In the 2014–2015 season, he was named to the Serie A Team of the Year. A fresh four-year contract was signed with him by Internazionale at the end of the season.
- Internazionale won its first match as a captain against Atalanta in 2015 when he became the club’s captain.
- His 100th ‘Serie A’ appearance came on November 22, 2015, for Internazionale, in their 4–0 win over ‘Frosinone Calcio.’ ‘The Guardian’ ranked him the world’s 82nd best footballer in 2015.
- On April 9, 2016, he scored his 50th “Serie A” goal for Internazionale in his 100th appearance against “Frosinone,” which Internazionale won 1–0.
- It was announced on October 7, 2016, that his contract with Internazionale would be extended to June 2021. A €110 million buy-out clause was included in the contract. With the deal, he will earn €4.5 million every season, plus several bonuses based on his performances, goals scored, and image rights.
- In the first half of the 2016–2017 season, he had scored 14 goals, including several braces, and provided five assists. This made him the most efficient striker in the top 5 leagues, outpacing stalwarts such as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. In 2016, he reached the 49th position in the world ranking of ‘The Guardian,’ thanks to his brilliant performance.
- He scored a hat-trick in the ‘Derby della Madonnina’ on October 15, 2017, as Inter won 3–2 against Milan. This was the first time this feat had been achieved since Diego Milito in May 2012.
- On March 18, 2018, I scored my 100th ‘Serie A’ goal in his 180th ‘Serie A’ game. In that same game, he scored four goals to help Internazionale beat Sampdoria 5–0, bringing his career tally to 103. During the first half of the match, he scored his hat-trick within 14 minutes.
- With the Argentinean ‘Under-20’ football team, he debuted on August 14, 2012, in a friendly match against Germany, and scored his first goal against Japan on August 19, the same year.
- He made his first senior international appearance for the Argentinean national football team on October 15 that year against Uruguay during a FIFA World Cup qualifier.
Facts About Mauro Icardi
- Icardi’s family moved to Spain’s Canary Islands when he was 6.
- Gran Canaria’s Vecindario club is where he started playing football.
- Mauro signed a youth contract with Barcelona in 2008.
- Sampdoria loaned Icardi to Sampdoria for a period of six months on January 11, 2011. As a result of his loan, he scored 13 goals in 19 games.
- Mauro was offered a three-year deal by Sampdoria after his successful loan at the Italian club.
- Icardi moved to Internazionale for the 2013-2014 season. After signing a contract worth 6.5 million euros, he was given squad number 9. Inter announced his signing with the statement – “dream come true”.
- Mauro was appointed captain of Inter before the 2015-2016 season began.
- Mauro was ranked as one of the top 100 young players born after 1992 by the Spanish weekly sports magazine Don Balon in 2013.
- Passports from Argentina and Italy are held by him.
- The Italian version of EA Sports FIFA 16 features him on the cover.
- A Hublot watch worth 29,000 British pounds was stolen from Mauro after the Serie A match between Inter and Genoa on December 6, 2015.
- The Italian press reported in March 2018 that Mauro’s then-wife Wanda Nara had cheated on him with Marcelo Brozovic. Pl*yboy Bunny April Summers offered her shoulder for tears.
Then, Icardi and Wanda became an item, with rumors circulating that they were having an affair behind Lopez’s back. However, Mauro denied the allegations. “I was a friend of the couple, an acquaintance. It was all very normal,” he said. “After that, Wanda split up and we kept in contact, and it just happened.”
Icardi, 28, flew to Milan to persuade his wife to return to the marital home but she continued to promote the idea she wanted little more to do with him. Wanda compared herself to Lady Di, who famously divorced Prince Charles following reports he had cheated on her with Camilla Parker Bowles, in one of her posts.
Mauro Icardi has been having a very bad time in recent weeks due to personal problems and it seems that this has led to the desire to leave Paris Saint-Germain in order to solve these problems.
Mauro Icardi and Wanda Nara both took to social media to post a picture that confirms that the couple is back together after their relationship went through a lot of turbulence recently.