Frank Lampard is a former English footballer who played as an all-around midfielder for Chelsea FC as well as for the national team of England. With 211 goals in all competitions, he holds the record for being the club’s all-time top scorer. His penalty taking is considered one of the best in the history of English football. He is widely considered one of the best midfielders of his generation and the greatest Chelsea player of all time. Numerous renowned opponents have hailed him as the best player in the world, including Jose Mourinho and Luiz Felipe Scolari.
With 177 goals, he is the fourth-highest scorer in Premier League history, behind Ryan Giggs (632) and Gareth Barry (615). Following his departure from Chelsea, he joined the NYCFC team to play in the US Major League Soccer. As well as his autobiography, ‘Totally Frank,’ he also wrote a series of children’s novels about Frankie and his magic football.
- Bernd Leno Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Injury, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Riyad Mahrez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Religion, Net Worth & Wiki
Frank Lampard Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Frank Lampard|
|Nick Name||• Lamps|
• Super Frank
• Super Frankie
|Age||44 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Romford, London, England|
|Date of Birth||20 June 1978|
|Residence||Romford, London, England|
|Home Town||Romford, London, England|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother's Name||Patricia Lampard (Housewife)|
|Father's Name||Frank Lampard Sr. (Played professional football for West Ham United and Southend United. He also worked as an assistant manager under his brother-in-law Harry Redknapp at West Ham for 7 years)|
|Sisters||• Natalie Lampard|
• Claire Lampard
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Martine McCutcheon (2007)|
• Linnea Dietrichson
• Suzanne Shaw (2002)
• Liz McClarnon (2002)
• Elen Rivas (2002-2008)
• Montserrat Lucas (2007)
• Saskia Boxford (2009)
• Christine Bleakley (2009-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||20 December 2015|
|Marriage Place||Saint Paul’s Church in Knightsbridge, central London|
|Children||Daughters- • Patricia Charlotte|
• Isla Lampard
• Luna Lampard
|College/University||He graduated from Essex's Brentwood School at just 17 years old after receiving 11 GCSEs to place him among the most educated football players ever.|
|Profession||Professional Football Player|
|Brands Endorsed||He has lucrative brand promotion campaigns with Pepsi and Adidas. Also, he has worked in an ambassadorial role with the Rotary watches.|
|Career Manager||Frank is represented by Steve Kutner of SK Management.|
|Debut Club||• Frank Lampard played his debut match for West Ham United against Coventry City on January 31, 1996. He was sent in the second half for John Moncur by his uncle Harry Redknapp.|
• His first match for Chelsea FC in Premier league was against Newcastle United on August 19, 2001. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
• On August 1, 2015, he made his debut for New York City FC in a 2-3 home defeat against Montreal Impact at the Yankee Stadium. In the match, he replaced Andrew Jacobson during the 69th minute.
|Debut International||His first international match for England was against Belgium on October 10, 1999. The match ended as a 2-1 victory for the English side.|
|Current Team(s)||Chelsea (Manager)|
|Jersey Number||• 18 (West Ham United)|
• 18 (Manchester City F.C.)
• 8 (Chelsea FC)
• 8 (New York City FC)
• Through balls
• Late Runs
• Long Distance Shots
• Free Kicks
• Ability to read game
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 184 cm|
in meters- 1.84 m
in feet inches- 6’0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 89.8 kg|
in pounds- 198 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Blue Eyes|
• Slight Stocky Build
• Brown Hair
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10.5 (US)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Range Rover Sport|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food Especially, chicken Milanese at Scalini restaurant in Knightsbridge.|
|Music||Pompeii by Bastille|
|Children’s Book||The BFG by Roald Dahl|
|Goal||One scored against Barcelona at Camp Nou on October 31, 2006, in Champions League 2-2 draw.|
Frank James Lampard was born on June 20, 1978, in Romford, London, England, into a footballing family. Frank Lampard, Jr., his father, played football professionally for West Ham United. Frank is the youngest child of his parents. He has two sisters: Natalie and Claire. In 2008, his mother, Patricia Harris, passed away from complications from pneumonia.
Harry Redknapp, his uncle, is the manager of the Birmingham City football team. Jamie Redknapp, who is his cousin, is a football pundit and a former professional footballer. From 2006 to 2008, Frank Lampard was engaged to the Spanish model Elen Rivas. The couple has two daughters together, Luna and Isla.
In October 2009, he began dating TV presenter Christine Bleakley. On June 15, 2011, they got engaged, and on December 20, 2015, they got married.
- Mohamed Salah Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
- Ryan Giggs Biography, Age, Height, Dad, Family, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
Frank Lampard Net Worth
Frank Lampard has a net worth of $90 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$90 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$80 Million|
|Annual Salary||$12 million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Range Rover Sport|
• Aston Martin
In 2001, he signed for rival London club Chelsea for £11million. He has made 164 consecutive Premier League appearances (a record for an outfield player) since his debut with the team. He is also the club’s vice-captain and all-time leading goalscorer. He earned the highest salary of any footballer in Britain when he signed a lucrative contract in 2008.
Over time, that deal has steadily increased, reaching its current value of £140,000 a week (£7.3m a year). Since then, he has won his first Champions League Final (1998) and his second FA Cup winner’s medal (2009). In the 2009-10 seasons Lampard played a key role in securing Chelsea’s first league and FA Cup Double, while in 2012, he captained the club to their first UEFA Champions League success, and a year later to their first UEFA Europa League title.
In June 2011, Frank Lampard was named the 49th highest-earning athlete in the world as a result of all the honors he has received so far. He has also become England’s most prolific penalty taker, with nine goals.
He represented England over 100 times and was a key player for Chelsea during their golden years in the 2000s, but Lampard’s commercial brand wasn’t particularly strong. Lampard earned less through endorsement deals than other English stars like David Beckham and Wayne Rooney. In spite of this, he still earned plenty through his sponsorships with Adidas and Pepsi, Sources stating that these were worth around $4 million each.
He is Rotary’s ambassador after becoming the club’s top goalscorer during his 12 years at Stamford Bridge, creating crucial goals in the league, FA Cup, and Champions League in addition to a record-breaking number of consecutive appearances and more than 100 England caps.
Over the course of his career, Lampard has contributed a great deal to charities, either by donating or raising awareness. He has been closely associated with a number of cancer awareness and research groups, including Clic Sargent, which focuses on childhood cancer issues. Lampard is also involved in a number of Chelsea-related charity endeavors, donating items for auction, and supporting the humanitarian organization ‘Small Steps Project’ with donations of football boots.
Career at West Ham
- His career began at his father’s former club, West Ham United, where he joined the youth team in 1994. He was still associated with the club through his father, who served as an assistant coach, and his uncle Harry, who served as manager.
- While on loan from the club, he made his debut for the Second Division Swansea City team in October 1995. The striker made his West Ham debut on 31st January 1996 as a substitute against Coventry City, after which he scored his first goal against Brighton & Hove Albion.
- On August 17, 1996, he started for The Hammers in an away match against Arsenal, but he was unable to play the full season due to injury. In the 1997-98 season, he scored a winning goal shortly after entering the field as a substitute against Barnsley and then went on to score his first hat-trick against Walsall.
- As a player, he helped his club qualify for the UEFA Intertoto Cup by taking them to fifth place in the Premier League during the 1998-99 season. The following season, he scored his first goal in European football against Jokerit, followed by another goal in the semi-final against Heerenveen, and a third in their final win over Metz.
- Following their UEFA Intertoto Cup win, they entered the 1999–2000 UEFA Cup, in which he scored his first goal against Osijek on September 16, 1999. His club team performed poorly in the 2000-01 season, even though he was the third top scorer with 9 goals. He eventually left the club in June 2001, signing an £11 million deal with Chelsea.
Career at Chelsea
- Frank Lampard made his Chelsea debut on August 19, 2001, against Newcastle United. In 2004, he was named to the PFA Team of the Year. During the same year, he also achieved the second spot in the ‘FWA Footballer of the Year’ award, losing to Thierry Henry.
- In Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Bolton Wanderers, he scored both goals, winning the Premier League title for the team and earning the 2005 ‘Footballer of the Year’ award. The following season, he helped Chelsea win the Premier League and assisted Didier Drogba in the 2007 FA Cup Final.
- In the next season, he only played 40 matches due to injury, but he still won UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year. On August 13, 2008, he signed a £39.2 million contract with Chelsea to become the highest-paid player in Premier League history.
- In October 2008, he scored his best goal against Hull City, for which he was praised by FIFA World Cup-winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari. Chelsea’s ‘Player of the Year’ for the third time after scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup Final against Everton
- For the sixth consecutive year, he was nominated for the FIFA World Player of the Year award. Additionally, he helped his team win the Premier League title and the 2010 FA Cup that season.
- Despite an injury-plagued season in 2010-11, he led his team to the 2012 UEFA Champions League final and won the trophy in the penalty shootout against Bayern Munich. Also, he had a crucial role in their semi-final win over Barcelona, a match they were down by 2-0.
- On May 15, 2013, he led his team to victory against Benfica in the UEFA Europa League final. A year after leaving the club, he announced that he had signed a two-year contract with Major League Soccer team New York City FC.
Major League Soccer (MLS)
- Consequently, he did not make his MLS debut until he continued to play for his parent club Manchester City. After it was revealed that he never actually signed the contract, furious fans demanded their money back.
- On July 1, 2015, he was named to the 2015 MLS All-Star Game roster and made his NYCFC debut as a substitute. At the end of his second season with the club, he helped his team qualify for the MLS Cup Playoffs for the first time, but he retired from professional football.
Lampard made his debut for England’s under-21 team on November 13, 1997, and played his first match for the English national team on October 10, 1999. In addition to his 100 matches for the national team, he became the eighth player to reach this milestone.
Facts About Frank Lampard
- Frank has an IQ of over 150. The test was conducted by a Chelsea club doctor to determine what impact head injuries have on footballers’ neurological development. A score of 150 is achieved by less than one percent of the world’s population.
- On June 13, 2015, during Queen’s birthday honors, he was awarded an OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) for his immense contribution to the game.
- The club docked him and his teammates John Terry, Jody Morris, and Eidur Gudjohnsen for disgraceful behavior after a drunken binge on September 12, 2001. Just 24 hours after the terrorist attack on World Trade Center, they were found guilty of hurling abuse at American passengers at the Heathrow Airport.
- In 2000, he and fellow football players Rio Ferdinand and Kieron Dyer were filmed having s^x with a blonde at the holiday resort of Ayia Napa in Cyprus. Later, the Channel used the footage to create a documentary titled S^x, Footballers, and Videotape.
- In the round of 16 of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, his long-range shot in the first half clearly cleared the goal line after hitting the underside of the goal post. England ultimately lost by 4-1 after the goal wasn’t given.
- The West Ham United teammate was also involved in a heated argument with Paolo Di Canio about who would take a penalty in a home match against Bradford at Upton Park in February 2000. At that point, West Ham was down 2-4. Philip Lampard was the designated penalty taker for the team, but Paolo wanted to take it himself. In the end, Paolo prevailed and he went on to bury his penalty to make the score 4-3 for Bradford. The final score was 5-4 for Bradford.
- He also set another unwanted record during the 2010 World Cup by taking 37 shots on goal without scoring any goals. There were more shots on target than ever before in a World Cup without a goal since 1966.
- Frank is one of only nine players to play over 100 games for the national team of England and has competed in three World Cups and two Euro tournaments for the three lions.
- Frank isn’t like most football players in that aspect, as most want to become managers. The famous Ironman triathlon is one of the most challenging competitions, and he has expressed his ambition to compete in it.
- The writing business has also been a success for Lampard. A good number of his children’s books have been published as part of the Frankie’s Magic Football series by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Throughout the books, Frankie, his older brother Kevin and his friends are involved in various adventures. Frank has stated that one of the reasons for writing children’s books is to instill in his two daughters the importance of reading from an early age.
- Apart from holding the record of being the highest goal-scoring midfielder in the English Premier League with 161 goals, he has the second-highest number of assists in the league after Ryan Giggs. Ryan has 162 assists to his name in the league and Frank has recorded 102, as of October 2016.
- Additionally, Frank holds the record for most Premier League appearances without missing a match. Before sitting out the match against Manchester City on December 28, 2005, he played 164 consecutive matches.
- As a result of his magnificent performances over the years, he has won a number of high-profile awards, including the Premier League Player of the Season award twice in a row – 2004/2005 and 2005/2006. In 2005, he finished as runner-up behind Ronaldinho for the FIFA Player of the Year award.
Is Frank Lampard still married to Christine Bleakley?
The couple wed on 20th December 2015. They have two children. Through her marriage to Lampard, she also has two stepdaughters.
Was Frank Lampard married to Elen Rivas?
Frank, who grew up in Brentwood, Essex, has two daughters with his former fiancee Elen Rivas, 43. Elen and Frank split in late 2008 after giving birth to Luna in August 2005 and Isla in May 2007.
How long has Christine Lampard been married?
When Christine married Frank in 2015, her name changed from Bleakley to Lampard. This was six years after they met, and four years after they got engaged in June 2011. They got married a few days before Christmas on December 20, 2015.
Who is Christine Lampard’s sister?
When did Christine and Frank meet?
Christine Lampard, then Bleakley, first met Frank Lampard at the Mirror’s Pride of Britain Awards in October 2009. Since then, they have offered a fascinating glimpse into the chat-up line a former Premiership footballer and manager used when he met someone who caught his eye.
Why did Elen Rivas split with Frank Lampard?
Meanwhile, Elen, the star of Dancing on Ice, is keeping a brave face. Frank and she dated for seven years and had two children before they split up in November 2008, after he cheated on her.