Matthias Lukas Ginter plays football for German Bundesliga club Borussia Mönchengladbach and the German national team as a center-back. On 21 January 2012, this German defender made his professional debut for the German club SC Freiburg against FC Augsburg. During that match, he scored his first professional goal and became the youngest Bundesliga goalscorer in the club’s history.
READ ALSO: Mario Gotze Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Disease, Net Worth & Wiki
In a friendly match against the Chile national team on 5 March 2014, he also made his international career debut for the German national team as a 90th-minute substitute for Mesut Ozil. A brilliant footballer scored his first international goal for his team on 16 November 2019 against the Belarus national team in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier. In addition, he scored his second international goal against the Ukraine national team on 10 October 2020 in a match of the 2020-21 UEFA Nations League.
Ousmane Dembele Biography, Age, Wife, Father, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Matthias Ginter Bio/Wiki
In Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, this German footballer was born in a middle-class family on 19 January 1994. The name of his father is Thomas Ginter, and the name of his mother is Rita Ginter. We do not know his parents’ professional backgrounds. He has a brother named Niklas Ginter.
Matthias was a great fan of football games during his childhood. His parents were also very inspirational to him. Football player began his youth career with SV March in 1998, when he was only four years old.
Ginter married his wife Christina in May 2018. On Ginter’s own birthday in 2020, 19 January, he gave birth to his first child.
Matthias Ginter’s former club, SV March, is renaming its home stadium “Matthias-Ginter-Sportpark” in October 2021.
READ ALSO: Marco Reus Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Injury, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Matthias Ginter Net Worth
How much does Matthias Ginter earn?
The center-back signed a contract with Borussia Mönchengladbach in July 2017 and now earns 3.1 million euros (2.7 million pounds) per year. According to our calculations, he earns €8,493 (£7,397)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||9 Million Euro (7.8 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||6 Million Euro|
|Annual Salary||3.1 million euros (2.7 million pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€258,333 (£224,638)|
|Per Week Salary||€59,615 (£51,839)|
|Per Day Salary||€8,493 (£7,385)|
|Per Hour Salary||€354 (£308)|
|Per Minute Salary||€6 (£5)|
|Market Value||$26.40 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$38.50m (Dec 18, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not available|
So far, he has earned 9 million Euros in his career. His market value is estimated at 35 million Euros.
- During the 2005–06 season, Intern moved to the youth squad of SC Freiburg after starting his career with SV March. During his time with the A-youth squad, he won the Junior DFB-Pokal.
- As a result of Freiburg losing several players during the winter transfer window, Ginter trained with the first team in January 2012.
- Ginter made his professional debut on 21 January 2012 when he replaced Anton Putsila in the 70th minute against FC Augsburg, another relegation battler.
- In the 88th minute of the game, he scored the winning goal from a Michael Lumb free-kick for his team in the 1–0 win.
- SCF’s youngest Bundesliga goalscorer in history, Ginter’s goal came two days after his 18th birthday. Dennis Aogo previously held the record. On 23 January, Ginter signed a contract to join the first team of SC Freiburg.
Ginter signed a five-year contract with Borussia Dortmund on 17 July 2014. On 13 August, he made his debut, playing the entire match as they won the DFL-Supercup 2–0 against Bayern Munich at the Westfalenstadion.
Ginter signed a four-year contract with Mönchengladbach on 4 July 2017. His transfer was valued at about 17 million euros.
Matthias Ginter Barcelona Transformation Rumors
FC Barcelona is reportedly interested in signing Matthias Ginter via the Bosman rules during next summer’s transfer window, according to a report by Spanish outlet Fichajes. He is in the final year of his contract with Bundesliga outfit Borussia Monchengladbach.
Matthias Ginter joined Borussia Monchengladbach from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2017 and has since established himself as one of the top defenders in the Bundesliga. German international Philipp Lahm has become an increasingly important player for club and country in the last four years.
In total, the 27-year-old has made 158 appearances for Gladbach, scoring ten goals and providing five assists. The Bundesliga outfit are concerned about the long-term future of their prized defender, who is entering the final year of his contract. Barcelona has been alerted to the situation.
Ginter has previously been linked with Barcelona on a few occasions, and their continued interest in the German international is understandable. Due to his defensive abilities and the fact that he may arrive at Camp Nou on a free transfer, he is an appealing target.
For a second consecutive summer transfer window, Barcelona appear to need to bolster their defence, as Eric Garcia has been misleading so far, while Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti are facing uncertain futures. Therefore, the Blaugrana have been linked with several centre-backs lately, including Jules Kounde, Matthijs de Ligt, and Andreas Christensen.
Ginter appears to be a good candidate to strengthen the defense, keeping in mind the financial woes of the Catalan giants, as well as the fact that he would give the club the best years of his career. Any move for Ginter will depend on whether the new Barcelona manager considers him for his project.
Barcelona are not the only clubs interested in signing the 27-year-old on a Bosman deal, with Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur also interested. The question now is whether Barcelona can fend off the competition to land Ginter or if he ends up joining another club instead if he leaves Gladbach as a free agent.
International Career – FiFA 2021
- At the 2015 European Championship in the Czech Republic, he started all four matches for the under-21 team.
- At the Eden Arena in Prague, in their second match against Denmark, following two goals by Kevin Volland, Ginter rounded off the scoring by heading in Amin Younes’ cross in the 53rd minute, leading to a 3–0 victory.
- As a 90th-minute substitute for Mesut Ozil in a friendly match against Chile at the Olympiastadion in Berlin on 5 March 2014, he earned his first cap for the senior national team of his country. He was the 900th player to be capped by the German national team.
- He was named the youngest player in Germany’s 23-member squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which went on to win the tournament, although he did not appear on the field of play.
- As a member of Germany’s squad, he won a silver medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Ginter won the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup along with fellow World Cup winners Shkodran Mustafi and Julian Draxler.
- Ginter was selected in Germany’s 23-man final squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup on 4 June 2018. During two World Cup campaigns, he did not play a single minute, making him the only outfield player in German football history to have done so.
- In a match against Belarus on 16 November 2019, Inter scored his first goal for Germany.
On 19 May 2021, he was selected for the UEFA Euro 2020 squad.
Facts About Matthias Ginter
- Matthias Ginter became world champion with the German national team in Brazil in 2014, but was not involved in the tournament.
- His team won the silver medal and the 2017 Confederations Cup at the 2016 Olympic Games.
- Bayern Munich’s reported interest in Matthias Ginter has left the German midfielder thinking. Dortmund’s center-back has confirmed he is contemplating his future amid reported interest from Bayern Munich.
- “Of course, I’m thinking about it. My contract runs out next year,” Ginter said in an interview with Sport1 and added: “Out of respect for Gladbach, however, I have never talked about other clubs. So far, there has been no offer from Gladbach. Max Eberl has already explained that. We’ll see what the next few months bring. I’m very relaxed.” “I can’t wait until spring next year. Both the club and I need planning security.”
- In 2017, Gladbach paid €17 million for the transfer of Ginter from Borussia Dortmund. He went on to make 155 appearances for ‘Die Fohlen’, scoring 10 goals and five assists.
- Matthias Ginter began his career with SV March before joining the SC Freiburg junior team in 2005–06. With the A-youth team, he won the Junior DFB-Pokal.
Is Ginter a good defender?
He’s dependable and he’s able to do what we want him to do, which is to help build the play up from the back. He’s improved defensively too. He has a certain calmness about him, which is what makes him so solid, reliable, and dependable.
What position does Ginter play?
Is Ginter good?
He has a certain calmness about him, which is what makes him so solid, reliable, and dependable.
Where does Ginter play?
- Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Germany national football team