Mathew Allan Leckie (born 4 February 1991) represents the Australian national team and Melbourne City FC in the A-League. The quick and agile Leckie is usually placed on the wing due to his speed and agility. Despite this, he has previously played as a midfielder, striker/second striker, and wing-back. When Leckie was a child growing up in Melbourne’s Western Suburbs, his family supported Essendon and Box Hill.
When he was 11 years old, he moved to a school in Sunshine North with a more multicultural student body and close friends inspired him to take up football. He has never looked back. He was named captain of the Socceroos in May 2021, replacing the retired Mark Milligan. In 2021, Leckie resigned from the national team indefinitely due to hotel quarantine requirements imposed on overseas travelers because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Mathew Leckie Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Mathew Leckie. It gives you the ability to read through the Australian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Mathew Allan Leckie|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Leckie|
|Age||32 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||Melbourne, Australia|
|Date of Birth||4 February 1991|
|Home Town||Melbourne, Australia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother’s Name||Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughter(s)- Olivia Valentina|
Son(s)- 1 – Name Not Available
|School||Abbotsfield School For Boys|
|College/University||Kurunjang Secondary College|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||JB Sports2Business GmbH|
|Debut Club||• 2021: Melbourne City FC|
|Debut International||• 2009: Australia national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 7 (Melbourne City FC)|
• 7 (Australia national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Melbourne City FC|
• Australia national football team
|Position||Attack – Left – Winger|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 181 cm|
in meters- 1.81 m
in feet inches- 5’11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 84 kg|
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||11 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Australian|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Mathew Leckie Net Worth
In 2023, what will Mathew Leckie’s salary be?
In Jul 2021 Mathew Leckie signed a contract with Melbourne City FC that ends in 2024 that netted him a whopping salary of £358,800 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £986 per day and £41 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$11 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$10 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£358,800|
|Per Month Salary||£29,900|
|Per Week Salary||£6,900|
|Per Day Salary||£986|
|Per Hour Salary||£41|
|Per Minute Salary||£0.7|
|Current Contract||With Melbourne City FC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||Free Transfer|
|Market Value||$1.10 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$4.40 Million (Dec 28, 2017)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Mathew Leckie has an estimated net worth of around $11 Million, and his market value is about $1.10 million.
Mat Ryan (Mathew) (Australian Footballer) Biography, Age, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Mathew Leckie FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
The 32-year-old Mathew Leckie plays as a Wide Midfielder for Melbourne City in Australia. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 71 with a potential of 71. He has a 3-star skillmoves rating.
Mathew Leckie FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|68||Heading Accuracy||50||FK Accuracy|
|66||Short Passing||56||Long Passing|
|51||Defensive Awareness||46||Sliding Tackle|
With his right foot, he prefers to shoot. His workrate is Medium / Medium. According to our database, Leckie’s height is 181 cm and his weight is 84 kg. Mathew Leckie is currently playing with number 7.
Mathew Leckie Wife Laura Friese
According to Mathew Leckie’s personal life, he is married. On 28 May 2016, he married Laura Friese, his beautiful girlfriend.
They have two children, a son and a daughter named Olivia Valentina. He has an intimate relationship with his partner and children, and they live happy life together.
Dodi Lukebakio Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
After playing for Bulleen Lions of the Victorian State League Division 1 until 2 September 2009, Leckie was signed to Adelaide United for a two-year contract.
- On 18 September, he made his A-League debut for Adelaide United, coming on as a substitute in the 75th minute.
- His first AFC Champions League goal came against the reigning champions Pohang Steelers on 24 February 2010.
- On Match Day 2 of the Champions League, he scored his second goal in as many games against Shandong Luneng.
- Among Australia’s best young players, Leckie is considered to be among the best.
- As an Australian U19 player competing in the 2010 AFC Under-19 championships, Leckie gained wide praise for his entertaining and robust style of play by scoring twice in Adelaide’s first five games.
He signed for German side Borussia Mönchengladbach after his A-League season ended. In a 5–2 friendly win against Aberdeen on 9 July 2011, he scored his first goals for his new club.
Since being loaned out to Frankfurt in early 2013, he has scored three goals in only two appearances.
Loan To FSV Frankfurt
In June 2013, Leckie signed a three-year contract with FSV Frankfurt, making his loan move permanent.
According to Leckie, the move was made to maximize his personal development and to build on the success of his first loan season at FSV, where he appeared in 28 matches and scored four goals.
Krzysztof Piatek Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
FC Ingolstadt 04
He signed a three-year contract with FC Ingolstadt 04 on 7 May 2014. At the end of the 2014–15 season, Ingolstadt was promoted to the Bundesliga.
The goal he scored against FC Augsburg in the 2015–16 Bundesliga season was one of three he scored that season, and one of the season’s best.
Mathew Leckie At Hertha BSC
- Hertha BSC announced on May 22, 2017, that Leckie had signed for the 2017–18 season.
- On his first competitive appearance for the club against Hansa Rostock in the first round of the DFB Pokal, he assisted two goals.
- On matchday one of the 2017–18 Bundesliga season, Leckie scored two goals on his debut for Hertha BSC against VfB Stuttgart.
- “This has been probably one of the best weeks of my life, so I’m definitely happy at the moment,” Leckie said after the game.
- In the 2017–18 Europa League, Leckie scored his first European goal in a 3–2 loss to Athletic Bilbao.
- Leckie has played a total of thirteen matches for Hertha in all competitions since the 2019–20 season (excluding his one appearance for Hertha BSC II in Regionalliga Nordost).
- Additionally, Leckie has scored eight goals in the former two seasons and zero in the latter two.
- Leckie stated in early 2020 that he would do everything he could to leave Hertha BSC, adding: “I had a feeling a lot would change.”.
- When Leckie stated on the media in May 2020, “I decided to stay here for another season for family reasons.”.
Mathew Leckie Transfer To Melbourne City FC
In June 2021, Melbourne City FC announced that Leckie had signed a three-year contract.
Abdelkarim Hassan Biography, FIFA 22, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- In August 2009, Leckie represented Australia at the AFF U19 Youth Championship 2009, scoring in the 4–1 win over hosts, Vietnam, in the semi-finals.
- Mathew was picked for the Australian Under-19s for the 2010 AFC U-19 Championship.
- Leckie has been named in Pim Verbeek’s 25-man Socceroos squad for the AFC Asian Cup 2011 Qualifier against Indonesia.
- In Australia’s 1–0 victory over Japan to qualify for the Asian Cup, Leckie did not appear.
- As part of the squad for the international friendly against the Republic of Korea on 14 November 2012, former Australian national coach Holger Osieck included Leckie.
- As a late substitution, Leckie only had a limited amount of time on the field.
- A national friendly against Costa Rica was scheduled for 19 November 2013, and Leckie was included in the squad under Coach Ange Postecoglou.
Mathew Leckie In 2014 World Cup
As a result of Leckie’s outstanding World Cup performance, pundits estimated his value at $10 million.
As a result of his World Cup performances, he may have had offers from larger clubs, but he does not regret signing for German second division club FC Ingolstadt.
2015 Asian Cup
In 2015, Leckie was named to Australia’s squad for the AFC Asian Cup. During Australia’s first game of the tournament against Kuwait, he hit the crossbar, then assisted James Troisi to score Australia’s fourth goal, helping Australia to a 4–1 victory.
2017 Confederations Cup
When the team was announced in May 2017, Leckie played a role in Australia’s hopes of winning the 2017 Confederations Cup.
In the last group match against Chile, he came on as a substitute in the 57th minute.
Mathew Leckie In 2018 World Cup Qualification
In a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Bangladesh on 3 September 2015, Leckie scored his second goal for Australia and his first since 2013.
Leckie scored his 6th international goal against Thailand on 5 September 2017. He was named to Australia’s 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
Almoez Ali Biography, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Height, Net Worth & Wiki
He had married his long-time girlfriend Laura Friese.
Mathew Allan Leckie plays for Melbourne City FC in the A-League and the Australian national team.
Matthew Leckie is 32 years old.
Matthew Leckie’s preferred foot is right.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Mathew Leckie worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Mathew Leckie has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Australian footballer. Hopefully, Mathew Leckie’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you find anything fishy in the article on Mathew Leckie.