Martin Christensen Braithwaite, a professional football player for Espanyol in La Liga and the Danish national team, was born in Denmark on June 5, 1991. Although he often plays as a striker, he can also play as a winger. He started his career with Esbjerg fB and then played for Bordeaux, Toulouse, and Leganés in Ligue 1, as well as Barcelona and Leganés in La Liga.
He also played for Middlesbrough for two years in England. Braithwaite has had 60 appearances since making his senior international debut for Denmark in 2013. He participated in their teams at the UEFA Euro 2020 and the FIFA World Cup 2018, helping the latter team advance to the semifinals.
Martin Braithwaite Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Martin Christensen Braithwaite|
|Nick Name||Martin Braithwaite|
|Age (as of 2023)||32 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Esbjerg, Denmark|
|Date of Birth||5 June 1991|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Heidi Braithwaite|
|Father's Name||Keith Braithwaite|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Romeo Lion Braithwaite|
|Debut Club||Esbjerg FB|
|Jersey Number||• Denmark - 9|
• RCD Espanyol Barcelona - 17
|Current Team(s)||• Denmark|
• RCD Espanyol Barcelona
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||62 / 10|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||HCM Sports Management|
• Speed Dribbler
|Style Of Play||• Does not dive into tackles|
• Defensive contribution
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.77 m|
• in feet inches - 5′ 10″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 73 kg|
• in pounds - 160 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Danish|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Centre Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Marcos Senesi Biography, Age, Wife, Position, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
His younger sister Mathilde (born 2002) plays football for KoldingQ and the Danish U-16 women’s national team, and Braithwaite’s father is Guyanese. His father Keith’s birth name was Brathwaite—the Caribbean spelling is more common—but when Keith immigrated to the US, US officials altered it to Braithwaite. Braithwaite was given the diagnosis with Legg-Calve-Perthes disease when he was 5 years old.
Gareth Roger James Smith, an American-based real estate entrepreneur of Danish descent, has Braithwaite as a business partner. They jointly hold property in the New York area, and they are also developing a high-rise in Jersey City.
Yari Verschaeren Biography, Age, Height, Family, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Martin Braithwaite Net Worth
The range of Martin Braithwaite’s net worth or income is thought to be between €22,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€22,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€18,824,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€5,096,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€378,000|
|Salary per Week||€98,000|
|Salary Per Day||€14,000|
|Salary Per Minute||€9|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Sep 1, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Market Value||€ 6,000,000|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Nicolas Tagliafico Biography, Age, Girlfriend, FIFA 22, Ajax, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Martin Braithwaite FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Martin Braithwaite has an overall rating of 76 and his potential is also 76.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|67||Heading Accuracy||75||FK Accuracy|
|75||Short Passing||65||Long Passing|
|35||Defensive Awareness||26||Sliding Tackle|
Hans Vanaken Biography, Age, Wife, Family, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Braithwaite began his career at the Saedding-Guldager Idrtsforening (SGI) academy before joining Esbjerg fB, the largest club in his hometown.
- After a brief stint at the sports academy of FC Midtjylland, he returned to Esbjerg and signed a three-year youth contract in 2007.
- While attending the Esbjerg academy for a second time, Braithwaite participated in tryouts with Reggina and Newcastle United.
- He ultimately made his Esbjerg debut in 2009, appearing in 63 Superliga games and scoring 12 goals for the club, including nine in the 2012–13 campaign, which saw him play in every league game.
- In the 2012–13 season, he and the team won the Danish Cup after defeating Brndby IF in the semifinal second leg.
- Danish public television DR announced on August 14, 2013, while Braithwaite was abroad on national service for a friendly international match against Poland, that he had been transferred to French club Toulouse for an estimated DKK 15 million (approximately €2 million).
- In both 2015-16 and 2016-17, Braithwaite scored 11 league goals, which was a career-high.
- He scored two goals in a 4-1 victory against Bordeaux at home in the Derby de la Garonne on August 20, 2016, and two more on October 14, in a 3-1 victory over eventual winners Monaco, all at the Stadium de Toulouse.
- Braithwaite committed to Middlesbrough of the EFL Championship on July 13, 2017, for an unknown sum that is thought to be about £9 million.
- He was the club’s third season-opening acquisition under the first direction of Garry Monk, following Jonny Howson and Cyrus Christie.
- On August 5, 2017, Wolverhampton Wanderers defeated Middlesbrough 1-0 at the Molineux Stadium, and Braithwaite made his league debut for the team.
- In a 2-2 tie with Brentford at the Riverside Stadium on September 30, 2017, he scored his first goal for the team.
- Beginning with the 2019 January transfer window, Braithwaite signed a loan agreement with La Liga team CD Leganés that would last until the conclusion of the current campaign.
- He made his league debut for the team on January 12 in a 1-0 victory against SD Huesca, replacing Guido Carrillo for the final 26 minutes.
- Four days later, he scored his first goal in a 1-0 Copa del Rey triumph at home against Real Madrid.
- On January 20, 2019, in a 1-3 loss against FC Barcelona, Braithwaite scored his first league goal.
- He concluded the season with four goals in 19 league games.
- He signed a permanent, four-year contract with Pepineros on July 24 for a purported sum of €5 million.
- Braithwaite’s €18 million release clause was met by Barcelona on February 20, 2020, and he was then given a four-and-a-half-year deal.
- His €300,000,000 release clause was in place.
- Due to Ousmane Dembélé’s long-term injury, Barcelona was given an emergency dispensation to sign Braithwaite outside of a transfer window.
- Braithwaite made his debut in a home game against Eibar two days after joining by entering as a substitute in the 72nd minute.
- In the 5-0 victory, both of his assists—the fourth and fifth goals—came off deflections.
- In a 4-0 victory over RCD Mallorca on June 13, 2020, Braithwaite scored his first goal for Barcelona thanks to a Lionel Messi assist.
- As a free agent, Braithwaite agreed to a three-year deal with Espanyol on September 1, 2022.
- He made his goal debut on September 4 in a 1-0 away win over Athletic Bilbao
- Braithwaite, who had previously played for various Danish national youth teams, was given the opportunity to represent Guyana in the summer of 2012 due to his Guyanese father’s eligibility.
- He turned down the offer and later made his senior debut for the Danish national team in a friendly match against Georgia in June 2013.
- He started the match and played the first half.
- For the 2014 World Cup qualifying match against Armenia, he stayed with the team.
- In his second game, an exhibition against Poland in August 2013, Braithwaite scored his first goal for his country.
- He was included in Denmark’s final 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May of that year.
- Danish Cup: 2012–13
- Danish 1st Division: 2011–12
- Copa del Rey: 2020–21
He is currently 32 years old (as of 2023).
He is 177 cm tall.
He plays as a forward.
After his transfer to RCD Espanyol Barcelona, his net worth is €22,000,000 (as of 2023).