Marko Gruji (Serbian Cyrillic: арко рyи; born April 13, 1996) is a professional footballer from Serbia who currently plays as a midfielder for Porto of the Portuguese Primeira Liga and the Serbian national team. Gruji, a Belgrade native, began his professional career with Red Star Belgrade, rising through their junior ranks to join the main team.
Before completing a £5.1 million transfer to Liverpool, he made his professional debut in 2013 and won the SuperLiga championship with Red Star in his last season. After spending five years with the Premier League team, he transferred to Porto in 2021 for a little over £10 million. International for Serbia, Gruji played for his country at every age group from under 16 on up.
Marko Grujic Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Marko Grujic|
|Nick Name||Marko Grujic|
|Age (as of 2023)||27 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Belgrade, Serbia|
|Date of Birth||13 April 1996|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Goran Grujić|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||Red Star|
|Jersey Number||• Serbia- 18|
• FC Porto - 16
|Current Team(s)||• Serbia|
• FC Porto
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||17 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||ROOF|
|Traits||• Dives Into Tackles|
• Long Shot Taker
|Style Of Play||• Indirect set-piece threat|
|Strengths||• Aerial Duels|
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.9 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 3″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 82 kg|
• in pounds - 180 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Serbian|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Central Midfield|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Marko Pjaca Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Juventus, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Red Star Belgrade
- Serbian SuperLiga: 2015–16
- FA Community Shield runner-up: 2020
- Primeira Liga: 2021–22
- Taça de Portugal: 2021–22
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2020, 2022
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2015
- Serbian SuperLiga Team of the Season: 2015–16
Josip Juranovic Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Marko Grujic Net Worth
The range of Marko Grujic’s net worth or income is thought to be between €10,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€10,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€8,693,880|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€1,768,000|
|Salary per Week||€34,000|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Jakub Kaminski Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Marko Grujic FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Marko Grujic has an overall rating of 76 and his potential is also 79.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|78||Heading Accuracy||51||FK Accuracy|
|75||Short Passing||73||Long Passing|
|72||Defensive Awareness||70||Sliding Tackle|
Josip Stanisic Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Bayern, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Red Star Belgrade
- Born in Belgrade, FR Yugoslavia (now Serbia), Gruji is a Red Star Belgrade product who completed the youth program there, passed all of the categories, and served as the generation’s captain.
- On May 26, 2013, against Vojvodina in a Serbian SuperLiga match, he made his Red Star professional debut.
- Gruji and Red Star agreed to a three-year contract on May 17, 2015, which would extend through 2018.
- On September 26, 2015, against Novi Pazar, Gruji scored his first goal as a senior.
- He also provided an assist to Aleksandar Katai for the second goal.
- Gruji was a member of Red Star’s historic winning streak, which saw the team set a new mark for victories in a row (19).
- Several prominent European teams, including Liverpool, Internazionale, Juventus, Chelsea, and Milan, scouted Gruji during the autumn.
- Despite the initial opposition from Gruji’s father, Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp personally contacted Gruji to persuade him to move to Anfield.
- Eljko Buva, Klopp’s assistant, travelled to Belgrade to talk with Gruji, and on January 6, 2016, it was announced that Gruji had officially signed a five-year contract with Premier League team Liverpool for a reported sum of £5.1 million.
- Gruji thanked Klopp for persuading him to sign, telling the media that he would choose Liverpool than Real Madrid and Barcelona.
- He won the SuperLiga with Red Star while on loan before being promptly loaned back to them till the end of the season for a cost of £740,000.
- With 29 appearances, 6 goals, and 7 assists for the season, Gruji was selected for the SuperLiga Team of the Year in recognition of his role in Red Star’s undefeated campaign.
- Gruji signed a season-long loan with Portuguese club Porto on October 6, 2020.
- Porto made his transfer for £10,5 million with a 10% sell-on clause permanent on July 20, 2021.
- Gruji was a member of the Serbian team that won the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand.
- He represented Serbia at all junior levels, from under 16 to under 21.
- In a 2-1 victory against Cyprus in May 2016, Gruji earned his full international debut for the Serbian national team after replacing Nemanja Mati.
- He was included in Serbia’s preliminary roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May of that year.
- He was chosen for the Serbian World Cup team in June 2018, however, he did not play any games during the tournament.
He is currently 27 years old (as of 2023).
He is 190 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to FC Porto, his net worth is €10,000,000 (as of 2023).