Marcos Alonso Mendoza (born 28 December 1990) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for La Liga club Barcelona and the Spain national team as a left-back or wing-back.
Alonso began his career with Real Madrid before moving on to Bolton Wanderers in England and Fiorentina in Italy. His performance at the latter club prompted Chelsea to purchase him for an estimated £24 million in 2016, and he went on to win a Premier League and UEFA Champions League championship with the club.
In March 2018, Alonso made his full debut for Spain.
Marcos Alonso Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Marcos Alonso Mendoza|
|Nick Name||Marcos Alonso|
|Age (as of 2023)||33 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Madrid, Spain|
|Date of Birth||28 December 1990|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Marcos Alonso|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||RM Castilla|
|Jersey Number||• Spain - 17|
• FC Barcelona - 17
|Current Team(s)||• Spain|
• FC Barcelona
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||9 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||LIAN Sports Group|
|Traits||• Long Shot Taker|
|Style Of Play||• Likes to cut inside|
• Likes to cross
• Does not dive into tackles
• Key passes
• Direct free-kicks
• Ball interception
• Defensive contribution
Height and Weight
|Height (as of 2022)||• in meters - 1.89 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 2″
|Weight (as of 2022)||• in kilograms - 85 kg|
• in pounds - 190 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Left-Back|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Marcos Alonso Imaz (better known as Marquitos) played for Real Madrid’s first team for eight years. His father, Marcos Alonso Pea, played in Spain’s top division for numerous seasons, most notably for Atlético Madrid and Barcelona, and both represented Spain at the senior level.
Alonso was the driver in a car accident that killed a young woman in Madrid on May 3, 2011. He was the driver of a car that crashed into a wall, killing one of the passengers, a 22-year-old lady, while driving at 112.8 km/h (70.1 mph) in wet circumstances in a 50 km/h (30 mph) zone with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.93 mg/mL.
Marcos Alonso Awards
- Football League Cup runner-up: 2013–14
- Premier League: 2016–17
- FA Cup: 2017–18; runner-up: 2016–17, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22
- UEFA Champions League: 2020–21
- UEFA Europa League: 2018–19
- UEFA Super Cup: 2021
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2021
- EFL Cup runner-up: 2018–19, 2021–22
- UEFA Nations League runner-up: 2020–21
- PFA Team of the Year: 2017–18 Premier League
Marcos Alonso Net Worth
The range of Marcos Alonso’s net worth or income is thought to be between 24 million euros (21 Million Pounds). However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||24 Million Euro (21 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||19 Million Euro (17 Million Pound)|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€6,000,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€500,000|
|Salary per Week||€115,385|
|Salary Per Day||€16,438|
|Salary Per Minute||€11|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Sep 1, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Marcos Alonso FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Marcos Alonso has an overall rating of 79 and his potential is also 79.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|83||Heading Accuracy||86||FK Accuracy|
|83||Short Passing||75||Long Passing|
|72||Defensive Awareness||79||Sliding Tackle|
- Alonso, who was born in Madrid, joined Real Madrid’s youth system as a kid and went on to represent every youth team in the following years.
- In 2008, he joined Real Madrid Castilla, which played in Segunda División B, and made his debut for the reserve club on 22 February 2008, playing the full match in a 1-0 home loss to AD Alcorcón.
- Alonso was initially called up by the main squad, led by Manuel Pellegrini, for a La Liga match against Valencia CF on December 11, 2009.
- He did not make the final list of 18, and his debut came on 4 April of the following year as a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain in the 90th minute of a 2-0 away win.
- On July 27, 2010, Alonso signed for Premier League club Bolton Wanderers for an unknown sum.
- On 24 August, he made his competitive debut for the club in a League Cup 1-0 away win over Southampton; on 1 January 2011, he replaced the suspended Paul Robinson in a 2-1 away loss to Liverpool at Anfield.
- Alonso scored his first goal for Bolton on March 31, 2012, scoring the second in a 3-2 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- He was named The Bolton News’ player of the year at the end of the 2012-13 season.
- Despite being offered a new contract by Bolton boss Dougie Freedman, Alonso signed a three-year agreement with ACF Fiorentina in May 2013.
- On December 30, after the player had made nine official appearances, Sunderland manager Gus Poyet confirmed that he will join on loan until the end of the season on January 1, 2014.
- Alonso made his debut for Sunderland on 7 January 2014, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2-1 home win over Manchester United in the first leg of the League Cup semi-final. Sky Sports named him a man of the match.
- On March 2, he competed in the competition’s final but was unable to avert a 3-1 loss to Manchester City.
- Alonso finalized his return to England on August 30, 2016, following 85 appearances and five goals with Fiorentina.
- He signed a five-year contract with Chelsea for roughly £24 million.
- On 20 September, he made his debut in the EFL Cup, playing the full 120 minutes in a 4-2 win away to Leicester City, four days later, he made his league debut in a 3-0 loss away to Arsenal, coming off the substitute for Cesc Fàbregas in the 55th minute.
- Alonso scored his first goal for the club in a 5-0 win over Everton at Stamford Bridge on November 5, 2016.
- On January 14, 2017, he scored two more goals in a 3-0 win over Leicester at the King Power Stadium.
- Alonso signed a one-year contract with La Liga club Barcelona on September 2, 2022, after leaving Chelsea by mutual consent the day before.
- He scored his first Champions League goal in a 4-2 away win over Viktoria Plze on November 1.
- Alonso gained his first call-up to the Spain national team on March 16, 2018, for a friendly against Germany and Argentina later that month.
- He made his debut against the latter on the 27th in a 6-1 triumph at the Wanda Metropolitano, replacing Jordi Alba with 11 minutes remaining, making the Alonso family the first in Spain to have three generations of internationals and the eighth in the world.
He is currently 33 years old (as of 2023).
He is 189 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to RM Castilla, his net worth is 24 Mmillion euros (21 Million Pounds).