Manuel Neuer is not only one of the most popular goalkeepers of his generation but he is a German footballer as well. He is an essential part of the German national football team as well as his local team, Bayern Munich, and is known for his quickness and accuracy while stopping the ball from reaching the goal. As a result of his talent, he earned the nickname ‘Sweeper Keeper’ and has worked hard to earn it.
The IFFHS World’s Best Goalkeeper Award is given to the goalkeeper who has been regarded as being the best in the world by football experts. The 2014 FIFA World Cup won by Germany saw Manuel win the Golden Glove award as the tournament’s best goalkeeper and play an important role in their success. It seems as though Manuel is always being praised and still continues to be counted among the top footballers, including Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. The 2018 World Cup team, which Manuel captained, is one of the leading contenders for the Golden Glove award for a second consecutive year.
Manuel Neuer Wiki/Bio[table id=2592 /]
Manuel Neuer was born on March 27th, 1986, in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, and began playing football when he was only 2. While neglecting their studies, Manuel and his brother played in the street of their hometown for hours. As he grew up, his love for the sport didn’t diminish and he enrolled in Gesamtschule Berger Fled like his idol and a great footballer, Mesut Ozil.
Five-year-old Manuel made his baseball debut in 1991 when he was just five years old. When he was a Schalke youth player, he performed far beyond everyone’s expectations. He focused on Manuel’s game and honed his skills, so Manuel kept improving, and by the time he was in school, he was already a professional goalkeeper.
Catholic and religious, Manuel Neuer lives his life in faith. He is involved in charities that work to improve the lives of children in rural areas. Nina Weiss, Manuel’s longtime girlfriend, got married in Austria. His wedding took place in Italy at a later date in a religious service.
Prior to tying the knot in May 2017, the couple had been dating for more than a decade. His popularity in Germany as evidenced by his appearance on ‘Wer Wid Millionar’, the German version of ‘Who wants to be a Millionaire’. Manuel Neuer Kids Foundation received 100% of the winnings from his charity event.
Manuel Neuer Net Worth
Manuel Neuer has a net worth of $45 million.[table id=2593 /]
Manuel Neuer, one of the best goalkeepers in the world, is estimated to have a net worth of $40 million. Munich, where he earns a weekly salary of £316,000. His annual salary is £16,432,000 at the club.
Aside from Adidas, Coca-Cola Zero, Sony, Mobile World 24, Die Monster Uni, Head & Shoulders, and Mercedes-Benz, Neuer endorses other brands such as Adidas and Coca-Cola.
Manuel Neuer has his own charitable foundation called the Manuel Neuer Kids Foundation.
- Schalke was the first club in which Manuel Neuer played as a professional footballer. He began his career at the club as an amateur, but his talents allowed him to pass through every age group barrier and he signed a professional contract in 2005. However, he did not begin playing for the club until the following year. In the second season, he was given the opportunity to play and was very successful.
- During the 2007-08 season, Manuel was selected for his team’s first appearance in the UEFA Champions League where he kept his team’s chances of winning the match alive with many saves, resulting in a tie, which led to penalties. In the penalty shootout round, he made the saves and guided his team straight into the quarterfinals.
- The UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year award was presented to him for his outstanding performance in the league, but his team ended up losing. A new star was born for his team when he appeared in 50 games during the season. As captain of Schalke in 2010-11, he demonstrated excellent leadership skills in leading the club to the Champions League Semi-finals.
- His contract with Schalke is approaching its end and he does not intend to extend it, for which he received a lot of backlash from the Schalke fans. In no time at all, Manuel announced his transfer to Bayern Munich for a staggering 22 Million German Euro, making him the second most valuable goalkeeper of all time.
- While he played well against Real Madrid in 2012, he was unable to stop him from scoring a penalty goal to help his team reach the semifinals of the championship league, but his FC Bayern lost against Chelsea and Manuel ended up with 53 appearances in the season.
- Neuer started the next campaign with a win in the German Cup for his team and helped them win the Champions League that year. He finished the 2013 season with 31 Bundesliga games and about 20 more appearances in different tournaments.
- As a result of Manuel’s impressive performance in the 2014-15 season, he was awarded German Footballer of the Year along with a place in the UEFA Team of the Year. At the end of the season, Manuel had made 50 appearances.
- Manuel joined the national team for the Asian Tour in 2009, marking the start of his international career. At the 2010 World Cup, Manuel played as the goalkeeper for the German team and saved many difficult goals, and at the 2012 Euro Cup, Manuel was an integral part of the team and played a major role in the team winning 10 out of 10 games in the group stage.
- Manuel played exceptionally well during the 2014 World Cup and led his team straight to the finals, where Germany played Argentina. Manuel had a lot to do in the finals, saving several goals. Manuel won the Golden Glove award for his outstanding performance as a goalkeeper during the tournament, and Germany won the tournament.
- Germany did not allow a single team to score against Manuel during the 2016 Euro Cup group stage up until one goal was scored by Italy to break the streak. When the match was stretched to a penalty round, Manuel made some sweet saves and guided his team to victory, earning him the Man of the Match award.
- After Bastian Schweinsteiger retired from international football prior to the start of qualification, Manuel Neuer was appointed the new captain of the national team, following his appointment in September 2016. While Neuer had not played for Germany since breaking his foot for the second time in September 2017, he was selected for the 27-man preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- On 2 June, Neuer returned to the field for the first time since he sustained his injury, winning by two goals to one against Austria in Klagenfurt. In addition to Neuer, 23 other players were selected for the final squad for the World Cup. Neuer captained his team for the first time in the World Cup in their opening match against Mexico, in which they lost 1–0.
- During their second group stage match against Sweden, Neuer made some very fine saves as his team defeated them by 2–1. This prevented the Germans from being knocked out of the World Cup. He and his side were knocked out of the tournament by South Korea after their last group stage match ended in a 2–0 defeat.
- In a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying match between Germany and Estonia, where Germany won 8–0, Neuer recorded the 37th clean sheet of his international career, breaking the record held by Sepp Maier. UEFA Euro 2020 will be played in France from 19 May to 26 May 2021.
- In a friendly match against Latvia on 7 June 2021, he won his 100th cap for the national team. Hence, he achieved his milestone as the first German goalkeeper.
- The sport’s governing body has begun an investigation into Neuer’s rainbow-colored armband that he wore during Pride month. The tournament later confirmed that it did not violate the rule prohibiting making political statements on the field.
Facts About Manuel Neuer
- Does Manuel Neuer smoke?: No.
- Does Manuel drink Alcohol?: Yes.
- Among the other notable footballers, such as Mesut Ozil, Manuel attended Gesamtschule Berger Feld.
- Football was Manuel’s first sport when he was two years old.
- In addition to being a football referee, Marcel Neuer’s brother is also a professional referee.
- On 3rd March 1991, 24 days before his fifth birthday, he played his first football game.
- In addition to running a charity foundation, Manuel Neuer runs a kid’s foundation. “Wer wird Millionär?” awarded him €500,000 in a celebrity version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- In 2011, he moved to Bayern Munich, where he signed a contract worth €22 million, making him the second-most expensive goalkeeper of all time behind Gianluigi Buffon.
- Germany’s National Football Team is captained by him and he is vice-captain for Bayern Munich.
- Manuel is known as “Sweeper-Keeper” because of his playing style and speed.
- Currently the holder of the IFFHS World’s Best Goalkeeper award for three consecutive years, he is regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world.
Manuel Neuer, the goalkeeper for Bayern Munich and Germany, does not plan to retire any time soon. Manuel Neuer, the goalkeeper for Bayern Munich and Germany, has said he is not going to hang up his gloves anytime soon and will continue to play as long as his body allows.
Neuer and Weiss married last year, making it their second wedding. According to German media reports, Neuer is now dating Anika Bissel after they separated in 2020. He does not have any children.
27 March 1986
Nina Weiss and DFB goalkeeper Manuel Neuer have been divorced for eight months. They said yes in the summer of 2017, but their marriage will end at the end of 2019. Now, the former wife of the multiple world goalkeeper has a new man by her side.