Rishabh Pant is a well-known Indian left-hand Batsman and Wicket-Keeper. He features regularly in the Indian cricket team in Dhoni’s absence, especially in Tests, from which the ex-captain has retired. Pant is very famous for his fearless approach and aggressive batting style to situations. Rishabh was the first Indian batsman to get off the mark on his Test debut with a six. He is one of the finest young talents which India has to offer to world cricket.
Rishabh Pant was born in a Hindu family on 4 October 1997 in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. His father’s name is Rajendra Pant and his mother’s name is Saroj Pant. He has a sister named Sakshi Pant. Pant’s father passed away due to a cardiac arrest, in 2017. Rishab Pant did not give up and showed extreme dedication, and merely two days after cremating his father, Pant scored 57 runs for Delhi Daredevils in an IPL match and dedicated it as a tribute to his late father.
Pant shares a close relationship with Isha Negi, an entrepreneur and interior decor designer by profession. The pair are dating since 2015. They both shares their photos on social media regularly.
Rishabh Pant Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Rishabh Rajendra Pant|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Age||(as in 2020) Years|
|International Debut||• Test- 18 August 2018 vs England at Nottingham|
• ODI- 21 October 2018 vs West Indies at Guwahati
• T20- 1 February 2017 vs England at Bengaluru
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Birth Place||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Date of Birth||4 October 1997|
|Home Town||Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Swimming|
|Jersey Number||#77 (India)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Delhi, Delhi Daredevils|
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
|Mother's Name||Saroj Pant|
|Father's Name||Rajendra Pant (Died in 2017)|
|Sister||Sakshi Pant (Elder)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||The Indian Public School, Dehradun|
|College/University||Sri Venkateswara College|
University of Delhi, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman, Wicket-keeper)|
|Brands Endorsed||• JSW Steel|
• Adidas Cricket
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg|
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 nches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||11 UK|
|Car Collection||Mercedes-Benz GLC|
|Favourite Cricket||MS Dhoni, Adam Gilchrist|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Song||"Helplessly" by Tatiana Manaois|
|Favourite Shot||Pull Shot|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Lord’s in London|
|Favourite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor|
|Favourite Football Club||Manchester United FC|
|Favourite Book||Panchatantra by Vishnu Sharma|
Rishabh Pant has completed his schooling from The Indian Public School, Dehradun. Later, He went to Sri Venkateswara College and the University of Delhi, New Delhi. He relocated from Roorkee to Delhi, when he was just 12, to get expert coaching in cricket. When he joined the Sonnet Club, he got a piece of advice from his childhood coach Tarak Sinha to shift to Rajasthan to grab greater opportunities and exposure in cricket.
Sinha had previously trained Indian cricketer Shikhar Dhawan. Sinha’s guidance helped Rishabh to develop a solid base. Later, he moved to Rajasthan to participate at the district-level tournaments. Rishabh was treated as an outsider there and came back to Delhi to finish his schooling. Soon, Rishabh made his first-class debut. He had just turned 18 then and kicked off his debut with a half-century.
Rishabh was a clear player for India at the ICC U-19 World Cup. His three consecutive fifties and 78 off 24 balls against Nepal helped him take the team to the finals. He also scored 111 off 96 balls against Namibia. Though India U-19 lost the finals, Rishabh’s performance stood out and a potential star was born.
Rishabh Pant Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Pant has a net worth that currently stands at an estimated $3.5 million. This figure is remarkable for a sportsperson aged just 22. One of the reasons for such a high net worth is due to the fact that he earns Rs. 8 crore ($1.14 million) per season during the Indian Premier League (IPL) as one of Delhi Capitals’ most dependable players.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$3.5 Million.|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Cricketer (Batsman, Wicket-keeper)|
Pant initially represented Rajasthan at U-14 and U-16 levels. However, at Rajasthan, Pant faced discrimination for supposedly being an outsider and was thrown out of an academy. Pant decided to move from Rajasthan to Delhi to save his career.
Rishab Pant made his first-class debut in Ranji Trophy debut at the age of 18 in 2015. Buy scoring a triple-hundred against Maharashtra, he broke many records. In the 2016-17 season, Pant scored a blistering 48-ball hundred against Jharkhand. His exploits and achievements in Ranji Trophy earned him a call-up to India’s T20 squad for England’s tour of India 2017.
Pant’s fearless batting style in domestic cricket and India U-19 earned him a lot of attention. Later, the first IPL contract bagged him 1.9 crore rupees in bid. After getting a huge IPL price Worth put Pant under a lot of pressure. Pant, however, came out on top of all of it and meet everyone’s expectations.
Although his inaugural season wasn’t as fruitful as Pant would have expected it to be, his second season, 2017 IPL, turned out to be a miraculous one for the Delhi boy. He was retained by the Delhi Capitals and was their only light in what was a pretty dark campaign, In his third season. Rishabh’s endeavors in the IPL earned him his position in the Indian team.
T20 International Career
Pant made his debut for India in Twenty20 Internationals against England 2017, at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore on 1 February 2017. He is the second-youngest player for India to debut in a T20I match (youngest at that time) at the age of 19 years 120 days.
In August 2018, Pant was named in India’s Test squad for the series against England. He made his Test debut against England cricket team on 18 August 2018. Pant became the first batsman for India to begin his career in Test cricket with a six. He went on to score his maiden Test century in the same tournament. Pant thus became the second-youngest wicket-keeper and the first Indian wicket-keeper to score a Test century in England.
Pant took eleven catches, During the tour of Australia. It was the most by a wicket-keeper for India in a Test match. He also scored a century in that series, becoming the first Indian wicket-keeper to achieve this feat in Tests in Australia.
After his test debut against England, Pant was selected in India’s ODI squad for their series against the West Indies. Pant made his ODI debut against the West Indies on 21 October 2018.
ICC World Cup
In June 2019, Pant got an opportunity to play for India in the Cricket World Cup. He was called up as a replacement for an injured Shikhar Dhawan, who suffered a hairline fracture on his left thumb during India’s game against Australia. Pant was named as the rising star of the squad by the International Cricket Council (ICC) named Pant.
Rishabh Pant Records
- In the 2016 Under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh, he was India’s 2nd highest run-scorer with 267 runs.
- He scored the fastest half-century (18 balls), In the 2016 Under-19 World Cup.
- Rishabh Pant scored 308 runs against Maharashtra and became the 3rd youngest Indian and 4th overall, to hit a triple century in first-class cricket, In the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy.
- Pant scored the fastest century (in 48 balls) in the Ranji Trophy, against Jharkhand, In November 2016.
- In 2018, he became the 1st Indian and 6th overall player to take 7 catches on Test debut as a wicket-keeper.
- He became the 1st Indian and 12th overall player to hit a six as the first scoring shot on Test debut, In 2018,.
- The first-ever Indian-wicketkeeper to score a century in England.
- In 2018, he became the 1st Indian wicketkeeper to score a century in the fourth innings of a Test.
- On 10 December 2018, on the final day of the first test between India and Australia, he equaled the world record for most catches taken in a Test by taking the 11th catch in the form of Mitchell Starc. Panth matched the record currently held by England’s Jack Russell and South Africa’s A.B. de Villiers.
Facts About Rishabh Pant
- Does Rishabh Pant drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Does he smoke?: No
- Rishabh always wanted to be a cricketer and grew-up idolizing Australian Wicket-keeper Batsman, Adam Gilchrist.
- He represented the Rajasthan at U-14 and U-16 levels. For being an outsider, he faced discrimination in the Rajasthan cricket circle and was thrown out of an academy.
- Pant moved from Rajasthan to Delhi, to save his cricketing career, which proved to be the right move for him; as he played exceptionally well for Delhi at various age-level tournaments, and made his first-class debut for Delhi in 2015.
- When he started playing for the India-A team, its coach Rahul Dravid played a big role in grooming his batting skills as he used to spend long hours with Pant to improve his batting.
- In 2016, Delhi Daredevils bought him for ₹1.9 crores from a base price of ₹10 lakhs.
- He is known to be a prankster yet emotional person.
- According to his coach, Tarak Sinha, it was Ashish Nehra who had first discovered his ability to represent India player almost a decade before he represented India.
- In 2018, he won the ‘Emerging Player of the Season’ award for his splendid performance in IPL 11 for Delhi Daredevils as he was the 2nd highest run-scorer in the tournament with 684 runs, hit the most number of 6s (37) and 4s (68) as well.
- Very few people know that he is a fine gymnast.
Will Rishabh Pant be next Dhoni?
Rishabh Pant is really a very talented batsman who can knock out the opposition single-handedly and can change the game on his own, he has a kind of similar explosive batting style as compared to Dhoni with great hitting power. The most significant thing which differs him from MSD is maturity and calmness while making the shot selection. Most of the time Pant just throws his wicket with very average kind of shot selection in the rush of blood. This is a huge factor especially when you’re a finisher for the team as the team needs you in deciding moments of the match.
Who is best, Kl Rahul or Rishabh Pant?
If you consider the white-ball international format, then KL Rahul is better than Pant. KL Rahul is in form of his life in white-ball cricket over the last year. He has done really well both as an opener and middle-order batsman whenever he got opportunities. It is shame that he is not a regular member of Test Cricket. His talent and class don’t justify that.
Do you think India should replace Wriddhiman Saha with Rishabh Pant in test match cricket?
India should consider Wriddhiman Saha playing in the test squad until he retires or is capable to play potential. On the other hand, Rishabh Pant is a great talent today, but Saha’s position shouldn’t be compromised. He’s the best keeper out there at least for test matches. Pant should be given adequate matches for coping up his momentum in the game, But replacing isn’t the solution.