Lynda Carter is an actress, musician, and beauty pageant winner from the United States. She was named 1972 Miss World USA. Carter is most recognized for playing Diana Prince or Wonder Woman in the stop motion television series Wonder Woman.
From 1975 until 1979, the role was inspired by the DC comic book fictitious superheroine lead character, and it premiered on ABC and then CBS.
Lynda Carter Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Linda Jean Córdova Carter|
|Age||72 years (as in 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Date of Birth||24 July 1951|
|Home Town||Phoenix, Arizona|
|Mother’s Name||Juana Córdova|
|Father’s Name||Colby Carter|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Robert A. Altman|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Robert A. Altman (1984-2021)|
Ron Samuels (1977-1982)
|Marriage Date||29th January 1984 (Robert A. Altman )|
28th May 1977 (Ron Samuels)
|College/University||Arizona State University|
Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp.
|Career Manager||Ron Samuels (former manager)|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters – 175 cm|
in meters – 1.75 m
in Feet Inches – 5′8″
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms – 70 kg|
in Pounds – 155 lbs
|Breast Size||37 inches|
|Hips Size||36 inches|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||English|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Favourite Sports||Sword fighting|
Lynda Carter was born on 24th July 1951 in Phoenix, Arizona to Colby and Juanita Carter. She has English, Scottish and Irish ancestry from her father’s side and Spanish, Mexican, and French descent from her mother’s side. She has a brother, Vincent, and a sister, Pamela.
Carter made her first television appearance when she was five years old on the television show Lew King’s Talent Show. During her high school years, Carter was a member of a band named Just Us.
When she was 15, Carter started singing for a local pizza store for extra pocket money. When she turned 16, she joined another music band named The Relatives with her two cousins.
Carter went to Arizona State University to complete her graduation but she soon dropped out to pursue a career in music after she was voted as Most Talented.
Andy Garcia Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
After leaving college Carter auditioned to sign with The Garfin Gathering and she was selected too. From 1970 to 1972, Lynda sang with The Garfin Gathering and their leader Garfin.
In 1972, Carter left the band to pursue a career in acting and returned back to her hometown. That same year, she won a local beauty contest in Arizona and then went on to win the title of Miss World USA in 1972.
Lynda Carter gained national attention after becoming Miss World and soon Hollywood came knocking. Lynda studied acting in New York for some time, before making appearances in various television shows like Cos and Starsky and Hutch. But it was her breakout appearance as Wonder Woman in 1975 that cemented her reputation.
The Wonder Woman show began as a one-time special show on ABC, however by 1976, it had been expanded into a series. Although the network’s original worry that a female protagonist would not be successful, it was taken up by CBS after a season and broadcast for a few more years.
Lynda Carter Net Worth
Lynda Carter has a net worth of approximately $15 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$15 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$10 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$10 million|
|Annual Salary||$1 million for her starring in Wonder Woman in 1970s|
Lynda Carter has built most of her fortune from her role as Wonder Woman and other television and film projects. She has also endorsed manr brand notably Maybelline. Theses brand endorsements also contribute to her wealth.
Lynda and her husband Robert owns a 20000 square feet mansion in Potomac Maryland. Recently, the couple also bought a condo in South Florida worth $15 million.
Forest Whitaker Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth & Wiki
- Lynda Carter made her acting debut appearance in one episode of police drama named Nakia in 1974, after winning the title of 1972 Miss World USA.
- In 1975, Carter made an appearance on ABC mystery television series Matt Helm.
- In 1976, Lynda debuted in her first television film A Matter of Wife… And Death. She also starred in an episode of Starsky & Hutch that year.
- In 1975, Lynda was chosen among 2000 woman for the role in Wonder Woman. Lynda rose to prominence after appearing in the television series Wonder Woman, which aired from 1975 until 1979.
- In the meantime, she starred in her debut movie, Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw, and released her debut album, Portrait, in 1978. Numerous tracks on the CD were co-written by her.
- In 1980, she appeared as a celebrity guest on an episode of The Muppet Show. In 1982, she starred in the television film Hotline.
- In 1983, she portrayed Rita Hayworth in the biographical film Rita Hayworth: The Love Goddess.
- Carter next major effort was the television show Partners in Crime, which she began in 1984. Lynda also starred in the 1987 and then 1991 televised films Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All’ and ‘Daddy.
- In 1993, Lynda starred in the movie Lightning in a Bottle. Between 1994 and 1995, she featured in 22 installments of Hawkeye.
- She appeared in the television films such as When Friendship Kills, A Prayer in the Dark and Family Blessings between 1996 and 2000.
- In 2001, Carter played Governor Jessman in the movie Super Troopers.
- Aside from performing in films and television shows, Lynda Carter has contributed as a voice artist, lending her voice to many versions of the iconic computer game franchise The Elder Scrolls.
- In 2005, Carter appeared in two movies The Dukes of Hazzard and Sky High. In 2006, Carter appeared in the short film Tempbot’ as well as the television feature film Slayer.
- Lynda released her second music album in 2009 called At Last and her third album Crazy Little Things came out in 2011.
- In 2013, Lynda was back on television with the popular series Two and a Half Men.
- Some of her recent works include a recurring role in television series Supergirl and voice dubbing for Fallout 4.
Lynda Carter Movies & TV Shows
|Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw||1976|
|Lightning in a Bottle||1993|
|The Creature of the Sunny Side Up Trailer Park||2004|
The Dukes of Hazzard
|Super Troopers 2||2018|
|Wonder Woman 1984||2020|
TV Shows List
|A Matter of Wife… and Death|
Starsky & Hutch
|The Last Song|
The Muppet Show
|Born to Be Sold||1981|
|Rita Hayworth: The Love Goddess||1983|
|Partners in Crime||1984|
|Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All||1989|
Posing: Inspired by Three Real Stories
|When Friendship Kills|
She Woke Up Pregnant
|A Prayer in the Dark||1997|
|Someone to Love Me||1998|
Hope & Faith
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit|
Law & Order
|Two and a Half Men||2013|
- Lynda Carter is well recognised for her role as Wonder Woman with in the television series by the same name.
- In 1972, Lynda Carter was named Miss World USA.
- In 1978, the International Academy of Beauty as well as the British Press Organization elected Lynda as The Most Beautiful Woman in the World.
- In 2004, she was named the Superest Superhero at the Second Annual TV Land Awards.
- In 2016, Lynda Carter was recognised into the Hair Fan Hall of Fame.
- Lynda Carter has been married twice.
- Lynda is a resident of Potomac, Maryland. She admits to entering a rehabilitation facility for alcoholism therapy in 2008 and has been clean since then.
- The Lynda Carter Golf Tournament is a charity event hosted by Lynda Carter.
- Lynda is a committed Democratic Party advocate and close friend to Hillary Clinton.
- In 1983, she was named Hispanic Woman of the Year.
- Lynda is a strong advocate for LGBT equality.
- Lynda has made three solo albums in her music career which are Portrait, At Last and Crazy Little Things.
Lynda Carter doesn’t suffer from any disease, but she is an active advocate for Alzheimer.
Lynda or Linda Carter is a woman of mixed race and her father is white.
Linda or Lynda has a net worth of $15 million.
Yes, Lynda Carter made an cameo in Wonder Woman 1984 as Asteria.
Lynda Carter eventually earned $1 million per year for her role in Wonder Woman.
Robert A. Altman