Andy Garcia is an actor and filmmaker from the United States. Andy made his cinematic debut in 1983 with Blue Skies Again, a sports film. Garcia’s break came in 1987 after he earned a major part in Kevin Costner’s hit film The Untouchables. He wrote and directed in his directorial debut in 1994 with the movie Cachao… Como Su Ritmo No Hay Dos, that earned acclaim from reviewers all over the globe.
Garcia also created a Grammy-nominated soundtrack CD based on the movie. Garcia starred with an all-star ensemble in filmmaker Steven Soderbergh’s adaptation of Ocean’s Eleven in 2001, and he then reprised his role in the sequels Ocean’s Twelve in 2004 as well as Ocean’s Thirteen in 2007.
Andy Garcia Bio/Wiki[table id=2670 /]
Andy Garcia was born as Andrés Arturo Garcia Menéndez in Havana, Cuba, on April 12, 1956. Cuba was engulfed in revolutionary two years following Garcia was born, when Fidel Castro was elected president in January 1959.
Cuba’s expropriation of land from private owners resulted in Garcia’s father losing his properties. In 1961, the United States government-sponsored an unsuccessful anti-Castro invasion of Cuba. Garcia and his parents with siblings relocated to Miami, Florida, while Garcia was five years of age, within the thick of the political unrest.
Garcia attended the local high school and played basketball for a while after arriving in Miami. He found acting after suffering mononucleosis, which he thought had blunted his athletic edge. He moved on to Florida International University to study theater and continued to participate in regional theatre plays until 1978.
Garcia, like so many other aspiring performers, was drawn to Hollywood, the entertainment capital of the world, and went there in 1978. He supported himself by working as a waiter while auditioning for roles.
He got a part with an experimental team at the Comedy Store in Southern California, Los Angeles in 1980. Gracia was discovered there by a casting director for the television show Hill Street Blues. As a result of this finding, he was cast as a gang member in the drama’s debut episode in 1981.
Andy Garcia started acting while being a student at Florida International University, and then after graduation, he focus his attention on Hollywood.
He began auditioning for roles while working in a restaurant to supplement his income. Eventually, in 1980, he landed a tiny secondary role inside the TV series Hill Street Blues, wherein he portrayed a gang member.
Andy Garcia Net Worth
Andy Garcia is a multi-millionaire with a net worth of $25 million.[table id=2672 /]
Andy Gracia has earned most of her wealth from his acting career. He has appeared in many box office hits in his acting journey. Gracia also comes from a family of multi-millionaires but it is unsure of how much he received from his family.
In Key Biscayne, Florida, Garcia also has a $4 million dream home. The 9,084-square-foot house, which was acquired in 1991, has Cuban design elements.
- In April 1983, he had his cinematic debut within the movie Blue Skies Again. Richard Michaels, one of America’s most well-known film and television program directors, helmed the baseball comedy.
- He went on to star in films like The Mean Season & Eight Million Ways to Die, before landing a major part in 1987 smash The Untouchables.
- His performance as a security guard operative was well-received. The picture was also a big smash, and it proved to be a watershed moment in his career.
- In 1990, he appeared in Frank Coppola’s crime thriller The Godfather: Part III. Andy’s portrayal of Vincent Mancini in the film was well-received, earning him global acclaim.
- That year, Andy Garcia starred in the American criminal thriller Internal Affairs, which follows a crook policeman in the police force, portrayed by Richard Gere, and then another agent, portrayed by Andy Garcia, who begins investigating his crimes and becomes fascinated with capturing him.
- Within years that followed, he starred in films such as Dead Again, Dangerous Minds, Hoodlum, and Lakeboat, among others.
- In 2005, Andy made a film inspired by the political revolution in Cuba. The film was named The Lost City, and Andy both directed and acted in the film.
- In the late 2000s and 2010s, he starred in many films including Ocean Thirteen, The Pink, Panther 2, For the Great Glory, and Let’s be Cops.
- Clint Eastwood’s The Mule that grossed $166 million at the movie office and received positive reviews, was his significant role in 2018.
- Andy Gracia’s Most recent works are Passenger, Redemption Day, Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar, and many more.
Andy Garcia Movies & TV Shows[table id=2673 /]
- Andy Garcia married Marivi Lorido in 1982, and they have four children together.
- He was named one of the 50 Most Influential Latino Republicans by Newsmax.
- For Andy Gracia’s Outstanding Performer in Film, he received the Nostros Golden Eagle Award.
- For his Achievement in Motion Pictures, he was also awarded Anthony Quinn Award.
- Andy’s first significant film was the American blockbuster movie The Untouchables.
- Empire magazine named him one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History.
- In the winter, he dresses in a beret and has 25 conga drums. He also collects hats too.
- Garcia has collaborated with all three actors that portrayed Bruce Wayne or Batman in the Batman movies.
He stands 1.78 meters tall.
It is estimated that she has a net worth of $25 million.
Andy Garcia was born in the Cuban capital of Havana.
Andres Arturo Garcea Menendez is a 67-year-old man.
Toluca Lake, California.