Andy Garcia is an actor and filmmaker from the United States. Andy made his cinematic debut in 1983 with Blue Skies Again, a sports film. Garcia’s break came in 1987 after he earned a major part in Kevin Costner‘s hit film The Untouchables. He wrote and directed in his directorial debut in 1994 with the movie Cachao… Como Su Ritmo No Hay Dos, that earned acclaim from reviewers all over the globe.
Garcia also created a Grammy-nominated soundtrack CD based on the movie. Garcia starred with an all-star ensemble in filmmaker Steven Soderbergh’s adaptation of Ocean’s Eleven in 2001, and he then reprised his role in the sequels Ocean’s Twelve in 2004 as well as Ocean’s Thirteen in 2007.
- Matt Damon Biography, Age, Brother, Wife, Children, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
- Ryan Reynolds Biography, Age, Wife, Kids, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
Andy Garcia Bio/Wiki
Andy Garcia was born as Andrés Arturo Garcia Menéndez in Havana, Cuba, on April 12, 1956. Cuba was engulfed in revolutionary two years following Garcia was born, when Fidel Castro was elected president in January 1959.
Cuba’s expropriation of land from private owners resulted in Garcia’s father losing his properties. In 1961, the United States government-sponsored an unsuccessful anti-Castro invasion of Cuba. Garcia and his parents with siblings relocated to Miami, Florida, while Garcia was five years of age, within the thick of the political unrest.
Garcia attended the local high school and played basketball for a while after arriving in Miami. He found acting after suffering mononucleosis, which he thought had blunted his athletic edge. He moved on to Florida International University to study theater and continued to participate in regional theatre plays until 1978.
Garcia, like so many other aspiring performers, was drawn to Hollywood, the entertainment capital of the world, and went there in 1978. He supported himself by working as a waiter while auditioning for roles.
He got a part with an experimental team at the Comedy Store in Southern California, Los Angeles in 1980. Gracia was discovered there by a casting director for the television show Hill Street Blues. As a result of this finding, he was cast as a gang member in the drama’s debut episode in 1981.
Andy Garcia started acting while being a student at Florida International University, and then after graduation, he focus his attention on Hollywood.
He began auditioning for roles while working in a restaurant to supplement his income. Eventually, in 1980, he landed a tiny secondary role inside the TV series Hill Street Blues, wherein he portrayed a gang member.
Andy Garcia Net Worth
Andy Garcia is a multi-millionaire with a net worth of $20 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$20 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$20 million|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
Andy Gracia has earned most of her wealth from his acting career. He has appeared in many box office hits in his acting journey. Gracia also comes from a family of multi-millionaires but it is unsure of how much he received from his family.
In Key Biscayne, Florida, Garcia also has a $4 million dream home. The 9,084-square-foot house, which was acquired in 1991, has Cuban design elements.
- In April 1983, he had his cinematic debut within the movie Blue Skies Again. Richard Michaels, one of America’s most well-known film and television program directors, helmed the baseball comedy.
- He went on to star in films like The Mean Season & Eight Million Ways to Die, before landing a major part in 1987 smash The Untouchables.
- His performance as a security guard operative was well-received. The picture was also a big smash, and it proved to be a watershed moment in his career.
- In 1990, he appeared in Frank Coppola’s crime thriller The Godfather: Part III. Andy’s portrayal of Vincent Mancini in the film was well-received, earning him global acclaim.
- That year, Andy Garcia starred in the American criminal thriller Internal Affairs, which follows a crook policeman in the police force, portrayed by Richard Gere, and then another agent, portrayed by Andy Garcia, who begins investigating his crimes and becomes fascinated with capturing him.
- Within years that followed, he starred in films such as Dead Again, Dangerous Minds, Hoodlum, and Lakeboat, among others.
- In 2005, Andy made a film inspired by the political revolution in Cuba. The film was named The Lost City, and Andy both directed and acted in the film.
- In the late 2000s and 2010s, he starred in many films including Ocean Thirteen, The Pink, Panther 2, For the Great Glory, and Let’s be Cops.
- Clint Eastwood’s The Mule that grossed $166 million at the movie office and received positive reviews, was his significant role in 2018.
- Andy Gracia’s Most recent works are Passenger, Redemption Day, Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar, and many more.
Andy Garcia Movies & TV Shows
|Blue Skies Again|
A Night in Heaven
|The Lonely Guy||1984|
|The Mean Season||1985|
|8 Million Ways to Die||1986|
|Stand and Deliver|
A Show of Force
The Godfather Part III
|When a Man Loves a Woman||1994|
|Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead|
Steal Big Steal Little
|Night Falls on Manhattan|
The Disappearance of Garcia Lorca
|Just the Ticket||1999|
The Man from Elysian Fields
Just Like Mona
|The Lazarus Child|
The Lost City
|The Air I Breathe|
|New York, I Love You|
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
|The Pink Panther 2|
|Across the Line||2010|
|5 Days of War||2011|
|For Greater Glory|
A Dark Truth
|Let's Be Cops|
Kill the Messenger
Rob the Mob
True Memoirs of an International Assassin
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
|Against the Clock[||2019|
Words on Bathroom Walls
Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar
Wrath of Man
TV Shows & Serials List
|¿Qué Pasa, USA?||1978|
|Archie Bunker's Place||1979|
|Hill Street Blues||1981|
|For Love and Honor||1983|
|Murder, She Wrote|
|The New Alfred Hitchcock Presents||1985|
|Clinton and Nadine||1988|
|For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story||2000|
|Will & Grace||2003|
|The National Parks: America's Best Idea||2009|
|Dora the Explorer|
Dora's Royal Rescue
|Christmas in Conway|
Doll & Em
|Kurtlar Vadisi Pusu||2014|
|My Dinner with Hervé||2018|
|3Below: Tales of Arcadia||2018–19|
Raul Julia: The World's a Stage
Elena of Avalor
- Andy Garcia married Marivi Lorido in 1982, and they have four children together.
- He was named one of the 50 Most Influential Latino Republicans by Newsmax.
- For Andy Gracia’s Outstanding Performer in Film, he received the Nostros Golden Eagle Award.
- For his Achievement in Motion Pictures, he was also awarded Anthony Quinn Award.
- Andy’s first significant film was the American blockbuster movie The Untouchables.
- Empire magazine named him one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History.
- In the winter, he dresses in a beret and has 25 conga drums. He also collects hats too.
- Garcia has collaborated with all three actors that portrayed Bruce Wayne or Batman in the Batman movies.
What is Andy Garcia’s height?
He stands 1.78 meters tall.
What is Andy Garcia’s net worth?
It is estimated that she has a net worth of $20 million.
What is Andy Garcia’s birthplace?
Andy Garcia was born in the Cuban capital of Havana.
What is Andy Garcia’s age?
Andres Arturo Garcea Menendez is a 65-year-old man.
Where does Andy Gracia currently reside?
Toluca Lake, California.