Lukas Nmecha (born 14 December 1998) is a German professional football player who plays for VFL Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. Born in Hamburg, Germany, he is of Nigerian descent. When he was still a child, Lukas moved with his family to England, which is why he plays for both Germany and the England U21 national teams. Lukas has been linked with many European clubs, including Manchester City, where he played for the youth team. He has also played on loan for Preston North End, Vfl Wolfsburg, Middlesbrough, Anderlecht, and finally returned to Vfl Wolfsburg as a permanent player. A quick biography, personal details, awards, achievements, and details regarding Lukas Nmecha in 2022 are provided below.
Lukas Nmecha Bio/Wiki
[table id=3803 /]
Lukas Nmecha is a German international and professional footballer who was born on the 14th of December 1998. He was born in Hamburg, Germany, before moving to England with his family when he was a young boy with his family. Despite his Nigerian descent, Lukas Nmecha is a German citizen and an international professional footballer. As an interesting side note, Lukas has still managed to play for England’s U21 team at the international level since his family relocated from Germany to England when he was still a child. In addition to convincing the talented young star to consider returning to his fatherland, the Nigerian side has also been trying to persuade him to do so. The father of Lukas is a Nigerian, Kalu Nmecha, however, there is no information available about the decency of his mother at this time.
In addition to Lukas, his siblings Felix Nmecha and Sarah Nmecha are both football players. Together with his elder brother, Felix plays for the German club Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga as a member of the first team. There is a great deal of information about Lukas Nmecha’s early life, outside of his football career growth, that is not available and is still being reviewed. Lukas Nmecha attended primary school at Wythenshawe where he studied. Due to the fact that he appears to have specialized in football, little information is available about his further education, since he is rarely mentioned his academic background.
Lukas Nmecha Net Worth
In 2023, what will his salary be? Lukas Nmecha signed a contract with VfL Wolfsburg in 2021 netting him $3.3 million per year. According to our calculations, he earns $9,041 per day and $377 per hour. [table id=3804 /] Despite playing professional football for quite some time, he has never really made it big. This lad is still comfortably a millionaire, so we don’t have to feel sorry for him. As of now, Lukas Nmecha has a net worth of around $4.5 million. The amount of his market value is estimated to be around $19.80 million.
Lukas Nmecha FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
As of right now, Lukas Nmecha is 23 years old and plays as a striker for VfL Wolfsburg in the German Bundesliga. There is an overall rating of 77 for him in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 83. Currently, Nmecha has a rating of 3 stars for his skillmoves. [table id=3805 /] His right foot is the one he prefers to use when shooting. His workrates are Medium / Low. According to our database, Nmecha is estimated to have a height of 185 cm and a weight of 80 kg. Lukas Nmecha is currently playing with the numbers 10 and 28 at the moment.
Lukas Nmecha At Manchester City
- At Wythenshawe’s primary school football tournament.
- Before making his debut in the EFL Cup on 19 December 2017, he played for Manchester City’s youth ranks for over a decade.
- In Manchester City’s penalty shootout win over Leicester City, he scored the third penalty.
- At the London Stadium, he made his Premier League debut as a late replacement for Gabriel Jesus on 29 April 2018.
- During Manchester City’s 2018–19 pre-season tour in the U.S. to compete in the International Champions Cup, he participated in a number of games.
- Against Bayern Munich in a pre-season friendly, he scored his first first-team goal on 29 July 2018.
Preston North End (loan)
During the 2018–19 season, Nmecha was loaned to Preston North End.
Lukas Nmecha With VfL Wolfsburg (loan)
Nmecha joined Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg on loan on 3 August 2019.
As of 3 January 2020, Nmecha is on loan at Middlesbrough after his loan with Fulham ended. In July 2020, his loan will expire.
Nmecha joined Vincent Kompany’s team Anderlecht on loan on 21 August 2020. In a 2–0 win over Cercle Brugge on 13 September 2020, he scored his first goal with Anderlecht. In a 4–2 win over Waasland-Beveren on 19 September, he scored a brace. A total of 18 goals were scored by him in 37 games during the 2020–21 season.
On 16 July 2021, Nmecha re-joined VFL Wolfsburg on a permanent basis. In the club’s come-from-behind 2–1 victory over Hertha Berlin on 21 August, he scored the winning goal.
Nmecha was born in Hamburg to a German mother and Nigerian father but grew up in England.
- In October 2014, Nmecha scored a goal for the England Under-17 team in a qualifier against Macedonia as part of the under-17 squad.
- Nmecha was selected to be a member of the England under-19 squad for the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
- As well as scoring the winner in the final against Portugal, he also provided the only goal of the game in the semi-final against the Czech Republic.
- A call-up to the England U21 team for the Toulon Tournament was made by England U21 manager Aidy Boothroyd on 18 May 2018.
- Nmecha made his Toulon Tournament debut as a substitute on 9 June 2018 during England’s 2-1 win over Mexico in the finals of the 2018 Toulon Tournament.
- During the England Under-20 team’s match against Germany in November 2018, Nmecha scored a goal.
- It was in March of this year that Nmecha declared for Germany and was included in their U21 squad for the first time.
- On 26 March 2019, he made his debut for the side as a 59th-minute substitute in the 2–1 victory over England at Bournemouth.
- With four goals and five assists, he finished the 2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship as the competition’s top scorer, scoring the only goal in a 1–0 win over Portugal in the final. He finished the competition with the most goals and the most assists.
- As a member of the senior national team, he made his debut in a World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein on 11 November 2021.
Facts About Lukas Nmecha
- It is no secret that Lukas Nmecha, Felix Nmecha, and Sarah Nmecha are siblings, and each of them plays professional football.
- Lukas Nmecha was born in Nigeria and is of Nigerian descent.
- During his career, he has represented both the German and English national teams.
- The talent that Lukas Nmecha possesses is enviable.
- The fact that he has played for both Germany and England’s national teams at a young age makes him an exceptional young star with a promising and dependable future ahead of him.
- Usually, he plays as a center-forward, but he can also play as a winger on either side of the ball.
- It’s well known that he can make a good finish with both feet, and has a good first touch.
- According to Nmecha, he also likes to use his pace to run at the defenders as part of his attack.
- He was named team of the tournament as the top scorer at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship 2021.
- With Manchester City, he won the EFL Cup 2017/18.
- With England U21, he won Toulon Tournament 2018, UEFA European Under-21 Championship 2021 with Germany, and UEFA European Under-19 Championship 2017.
Are Felix Nmecha and Lukas Nmecha brothers? Felix Nmecha is the younger brother of fellow player Lukas Nmecha. Both were born in Germany before moving to England at a young age. Who does Lukas Nmecha play for?
- VfL Wolfsburg
- Germany’s national football team
How old is Nmecha? 25 years Where was Lukas Nmecha born? Hamburg, Germany
Lukas Nmecha’s biography teaches us that we need to mentally prepare for life’s challenges. Moreover, it is normal for aspiring footballers to encounter roadblocks on the way to becoming professionals. Lukas Nmecha’s parents prepared him for life by being doggedly persistent. In the story, the German was able to overcome many rejections by strengthening his character and lowering his expectations. During the process of writing Lukas Nmecha’s bio, we discovered something about him – one of his most prominent characteristics. It is nothing other than his forgiving spirit. Despite coming from a humble family, the footballer has shown us that he has a great attitude.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the German defender. Hopefully, Lukas Nmecha’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything. At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in this article on Lukas Nmecha.