Koen Casteels is a Belgian professional football player who plays as a goalkeeper for the Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg and the Belgium national team. He was born in Genk and spent most of his professional career in Germany with 1899 Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen (on loan), and VfL Wolfsburg, appearing in over 100 Bundesliga matches. Up to the age of 21, Castels made 37 appearances for the Belgian national team. As a member of the squad that came third at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he was a member of the senior team for the first time in 2013.
Koen has had the privilege of representing his team at various levels in several tournaments. It was with the Belgium U-15 team that he played his first international match in 2007. He played three matches for the team. In addition, he also played three matches for the U-16 and U-17 age groups, 20 matches for the U-19 age group, and 9 matches for the U-21 age group. Eden Hazard, Kelvin Marallas, Jan Vertonghen, etc., are some of his current teammates on the team.
Koen Casteels Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Koen Casteels|
|Age||31 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Bonheiden, Belgium|
|Date of Birth||25 June 1992|
|Home Town||Bonheiden, Belgium|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing Video Games, Horse Riding|
|Mother’s Name||Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||• Adidas|
|Debut Club||• Jun 30,2015: VfL Wolfsburg |
• Jan 22,2015: Werder Bremen
• Jan 21, 2015: VfL Wolfsburg
• Aug 1, 2011: TSG Hoffenheim
• Jul 1,2009: KRC Genk
• Jul 1,2008: KRC Genk U19
• Jul 1, 2007: KRC Genk U18
|Debut International||• 8 September 2020: Belgium national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 1 (VfL Wolfsburg)|
• 13 (Belgium national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• VfL Wolfsburg|
• Belgium national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 197 cm|
in meters- 1.97 m
in feet inches- 6′6″
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg|
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Food||Belgian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
Koen Casteels was born on June 25, 1992, in Bonheiden, Belgium, to a wealthy family. Casteels holds Belgian nationality as well as being of white ethnicity. When he was a youth, he joined the youth academy in Genk, Belgium.
Koen Casteels joined Twitter in July 2009, and currently, he has over 33k followers on his official Twitter account. Talking about his personal life and affairs, he is neither married nor single.
He is in a relationship with his girlfriend, Imme. It seems that the couple is together for a long time and has a solid bond.
Koen Casteels Net Worth
Koen Casteels signed a contract with VfL Wolfsburg in 2015 that carries a salary of £3,328,000 per year. In our calculations, he earns £64,000 per week and £381 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||£16 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||£13,416,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Per Month Salary||£277,333|
|Per Week Salary||£64,000|
|Per Day Salary||£9,143|
|Per Hour Salary||£381|
|Per Minute Salary||£15.87|
|Current Contract||With VfL Wolfsburg|
|Contract Signed||Jan 21, 2015|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount||$1.65 million|
|Market Value||$15.40 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$15.40 Million (Jun 9, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Volkswagen|
Koen Casteels has a net worth of roughly £16 million since he was one of the highest-paid players at Stade Reims for several seasons. Koen Casteels’s market value is constant. Nevertheless, his current market value is $15.40 million.
The model of the shoe that Koen Casteels used on July 10, 2017, was the Nike Magista Opus II. The “Adidas” brand endorsement brings him a reasonable amount of money as well.
- Palaces ended his career at K.R.C. Genk, where he was a teammate of fellow goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
- Initially, he was thought to be a better goalkeeper than Courtois, but because several of the club’s other goalkeepers were injured, Courtois was able to break into the team.
- He was signed by the VfL Wolfsburg from the TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in January 2015, though it must be said that he spent the first six months of his three-and-a-half-year contract on loan at Werder Bremen.
- In the 2015 DFL Supercup, he played for Wolfsburg, saving from Xabi Alonso in the penalty shootout to give his team the win after a 1-1 draw.
- Casteels signed a new three-year contract with Wolfsburg in June 2017, when Diego Benaglio left the club. He was given the number 1 shirt as a result.
- As a player, he played in all 34 of the club’s Bundesliga matches during the 2017/18 season.
- The first time Castels was called up to the Belgian national team was back in 2013.
- The defender was supposed to be part of Belgium’s 2014 FIFA World Cup squad, but he failed to recover from an injury and was replaced by Silvio Proto and then Sammy Bossut.
- Since manager Roberto Mart*nez often chooses four goalkeepers for his international teams, and as the 2018 FIFA World Cup only allowed for three stoppers, Casteels had to contend with Matz Sels for the remaining space behind Thibaut Courtois and Simon Mignolet. In the end, he was chosen to be a member of the 23-man squad that will go to Russia.
- Castles made his full international debut on 8 September 2020, when he played for the United Kingdom against Iceland in a 5-1 win for the UEFA Nations League.
Facts About Koen Casteels
- Goalkeeper Koen Casteels, who is 30 years old, was once a star while compatriot Thibaut Courtois was a struggler.
- However, his situation has now reversed. As of late, Courtois has just won the Premier League title with Chelsea, while Casteels has been registered by three clubs in 2015, illustrating the indecisive nature of his career.
- Originally from Bonheiden, Koen Casteels has also played in the Bundesliga for Werder Bremen, in the Bundesliga for Hoffenheim and in the UEFA Europa League for KRC Genk.
- Currently, he is playing as a goalkeeper in the Bundesliga for the club Wolfsburg.
- According to the FC Ranking and match performance analysis, he currently has a ranking of 57 out of 99. This is considered ‘Below Average’ when compared to other football players around the world.
- In the regular season of the Bundesliga, his performance against Union Berlin on 08 May 2021 was among his best performances.
- It is worth mentioning that Koen Casteels was awarded a match rating of 6.3 by FC for his performance and Wolfsburg won the match with a score of 3-0.
- The game between RB Leipzig and Wolfsburg (2-2), was played on 16 May 2021 for the Bundesliga (Regular Season). Essentially, he received a match rating of 6.
- In the German Bundesliga (Regular Season), Wolfsburg – and Dortmund (0-2) met on 24 April 2021. According to him, he earned a match rating of 5.9.
- One of his least impressive performances was in the match against Dortmund, played on 24 April 2021 in Bundesliga (Regular Season).
- Wolfsburg lost 0-2, and Koen Casteels received a match rating of 5.9 from FC for his performance.
Belgium national football team
Koen Casteels’ FIFA 23 Rating is 84 with a Potential Rating of 85 (+1 Growth). He has a Medium Attacking Work Rate and Medium Defensive Work Rate, while below are his FIFA 23 attributes.
Although neither of them say the words out loud, Poppy feels Casteel’s emotions to be that of love, using her power. He proposes to her, for real this time, and she accepts. They marry the same day, both content and happy now that the marriage is real between them.