Leon Aderemi Balogun, a professional football player for Queens Park Rangers and the Nigerian national team, was born on June 28, 1988. Balogun has formerly played for teams including Brighton & Hove Albion, Wigan Athletic, Rangers, Türkiyemspor Berlin, Hannover 96, Werder Bremen, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Darmstadt 98, and Mainz 05. Born in Berlin, West Germany, Balogun to a German mother and a Nigerian-Yoruba father.
Balogun was brought up as a Roman Catholic and attended Catholic school from an early age, but he soon developed a dislike for his rigorous upbringing and decided to abandon religion. Balogun began to believe in God anew through the challenges of his early football career, and he is now a devoted Christian. As his parents worked to adapt him to German society, Balogun does not speak Yoruba, but he is a fluent speaker of English and German. Balogun stated in November 2019 that players needed to come together to address racism in football.
Leon Balogun Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Leon Aderemi Balogun|
|Nick Name||Leon Balogun|
|Age (as of 2023)||35 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Berlin, Germany|
|Date of Birth||28 June 1988|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Orfa Balogun|
|Father's Name||Cesar Balogun|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Jersey Number||• Nigeria - 14|
• Queens Park Rangers - 26
|Current Team(s)||• Nigeria|
• Queens Park Rangers
|League level||Second Tier|
|Caps/Goals||46 / 1|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Avid Sports Group|
|Traits||No significant traits|
|Style Of Play||• Likes to play short passes|
• Likes to tackle
|Weakness||No significant weaknesses|
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.9 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 3″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 81 kg|
• in pounds - 180 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Nigerian|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Bartlomiej Dragowski Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Scottish Premiership: 2020–21
- Scottish Cup: 2021–22
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2021–22
- Africa Cup of Nations third place: 2019
Nicola Zalewski Biography, Age, Parents, Current Teams, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Leon Balogun Net Worth
The range of Leon Balogun’s net worth or income is thought to be between £6,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||£6,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||£5,200,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||£728,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||£64,000|
|Salary per Week||£14,000|
|Salary Per Day||£2,000|
|Salary Per Day||£3|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 26, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Andrej Kramaric Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Leon Balogun FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Leon Balogun has an overall rating of 74 and his potential is also 74.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|74||Heading Accuracy||41||FK Accuracy|
|71||Short Passing||63||Long Passing|
|74||Defensive Awareness||76||Sliding Tackle|
Karol Swiderski Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- On April 19, 2009, he made his Bundesliga debut for Hannover 96 against Hamburger SV.
- He was without a club for three months following the expiration of his contract with 2.
- Bundesliga team Fortuna Düsseldorf in the summer of 2014 before joining Darmstadt 98.
- He agreed to a deal that will last through the 2014–15 campaign.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Balogun committed to a two-year contract with Premier League team Brighton & Hove Albion on May 22.
- Balogun replaced injured Lewis Dunk in the first half against Manchester United to make his competitive debut for the Sussex club.
- In the end, the Seagulls defeated United 3-2 at Falmer Stadium.
- At Falmer Stadium, he scored his first goal for the Albion to make it 2-0 against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
- He did it in only 25 seconds after coming in to replace Pascal Groß after Shane Duffy was sent off for headbutting.
- The Albion won the match 3-1 to gain bragging rights in the M23 derby.
- Balogun participated in his first-ever EFL Cup game on August 27, 2019.
- On January 31, 2020, Wigan Athletic and Balogun agreed to a six-month loan agreement.
- He agreed to a short-term, permanent deal with the Latics on June 25, 2020, that would last through the completion of the 2019–20 campaign.
- On July 24, 2020, Balogun agreed to a one-year deal with Scottish Premiership team Rangers, with a one-year extension option.
- A week later, on August 1, he made his Rangers debut against Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership, and he did well as his team won 1-0.
- He filled in at right back in February 2021 when club captain James Tavernier had an injury and reserve player Nathan Patterson was suspended.
- Earlier in his career, Balogun played right back while living in Germany.
- On August 26, 2022, Balogun agreed to a one-year deal with Queens Park Rangers.
- Balogun, who has a Nigerian father and a German mother, was called up by Nigeria to replace Joseph Yobo for a friendly match against Mexico in March 2014.
- Balogun came in at halftime but was hurt after 20 minutes after he collided with some touchline signs.
- After surgery, he was expected to miss two to three months due to a foot fracture.
- He subsequently told the reporters, nevertheless, that there was no need for surgery because of his injuries.
- He participated in his second game for Nigeria on March 25, 2015, a 1-0 loss to Uganda.
- On June 13, 2015, he participated in his third match for the nation, appearing in a 2-0 victory against Chad in the first round of the 2017 African Nations Cup qualifying.
- He was included in Nigeria’s final 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in June 2018.
- Balogun participated fully in all three of Nigeria’s games, including a 2-0 victory over Iceland, although the team was eliminated after placing third in their group.
- The Nigerian team for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations includes Balogun.
- Against Guinea in Nigeria’s second group match, which Nigeria won 1-0 to go to the knockout stages, he made his competitive debut.
- Balogun participated in the match in which The Super Eagles won the bronze medal four times.
He is currently 35 years old (as of 2023).
He is 190 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Queens Park Rangers, his net worth is £6,000,000 (as of 2023).