Leif Garrett is a singer, actor, songwriter, and television personality from the United States. He began his career as a child actor, then rose to fame as a teen heartthrob in the 1970s. His substance abuse as well as legal problems later gained him a lot of attention. In 2019, he released his autobiography, Idol Truth.
When Leif Garrett was five years old, he began acting. In the 1969 picture Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, he made his feature film debut. Garrett’s music career began in 1977, featuring hits including Runaround Sue and Surfin’ U.S.A.. Garrett’s most recent record album, Three Sides of…, was released in 2007.
Leif Garrett Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Leif Per Nervik|
|Age||62 years (as in 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Date of Birth||8 November 1961|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Home Town||Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Mother’s Name||Carolyn Stellar|
|Father’s Name||Rick Nervick|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Kathleen Mary Griffin|
Tatum Beatrice O’Neal
Brooke Christa Shields
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters – 173 cm|
in meters – 1.73 m
in Feet and Inches – 5′8″
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms – 78 Kg|
in Pounds – 171.961 lbs
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
|Favourite Food||Double Cheeseburger|
|Favourite Book||Idol Truth|
Leif Garrett is an actor and singer who was born on 8th November 1961, in Hollywood, California. Garrett was born into a show industry family and began acting at a young age.
Meghan Markle Bio, Age, Husband, Daughter, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
He began his career at the age of five and had his cinematic debut in the blockbuster comedy film Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice in an unacknowledged role.
Garrett’s second noteworthy film appearance was as one of the offspring of Buford Pusser, film’s campaigning lawman, in the south action thriller Walking Tall. Dawn Lyn, Garret’s sister, also appeared in the movie as being one of the Pusser’s many children.
At the age of 15, he completed high school. Garrett had many cameo appearances on television, including episodes of Nanny and the Professor and Gunsmoke. For several years, he was in high demand.
Leif Garrett Net Worth
Leif Garrett has a net worth of $500 thousand. Leif Garrett rose to fame as a child actor, but his subsequent legal and drug-abusing difficulties have perhaps overshadowed his earlier career, which depleted his fortune.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$500 thousand|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$100 thousand|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$100 thousand|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
- Lief Garrett started his acting career at the age of five and did a range of roles as a child actor.
- He began his career with the 1969 movie Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice.
- Garret’s next role was Mike Pusser, the primary character’s son in Walking Tall in 1973.
- In 1974 he starred in the horror film Devil Times Five as teenage mentally ill patients who embark on a murder rampage in a remote ski resort almost inadvertently.
- Leif also made a guest appearance of Gunsmoke and Wonder Woman, respectively with his sister Dawn.
- On the ABC sitcom The Odd Couple, he portrayed Leonard Unger, the child of Felix Unger in 1974.
- In 1978, Garret began appearing as a regular character of Zack Russell in the ABC television series Family.
- In 1975, Lief starred in the short-lived CBS television drama Three for the Road in the character of Endy Karras. His character became so popular among teen girls that it made his feature in many teen magazines including Tiger Beat.
- In 1976 and 19977, Garret starred in two low-budget action movies with Lee Van Cleef which was primarily shot in Israel.
- In 1977, he portrayed the main character in the television movie Peter Lundy and the Medicine Hat Stallion.
- In 1983, Lief Garret returned to films after a short break with a small role in Francis Ford Coppola’s movie, The Outsiders as Bob Sheldon.
- In the 1980s GArret appeared in many roles in films, including Thunder Alley, Shaker Run, Delta Fever, and Cheerleader Camp.
- Garrett made a comeback in acting with a moderate-budget horror-thriller Dominion in 1995.
- Garrett’s theatre credits also included the lead role in Joseph as well as the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and also performance in A Child’s Christmas in Wales at the prestigious National Theatre of the Deaf in late 2000.
Axl Rose Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Children, House, Wiki, & Net Worth
- In 1976, Lief Garret secured a recording deal for five albums with Atlantic Records.
- In 1977, Leif Garrett released a song called Come Back When You Grow Up, which gained a lot of popularity and led to the launch of his debut album.
- His first four songs peaked slightly on the US Billboard Hot 100 when the album was launched in July 1977.
- In 1978, he contracted with Scotti Brothers Records to release Feel the Need, his second album. In 1979, the band’s debut song, I Was Made for Dancin’, hit top 10 on the US Hot 100 as well as top 4 on the UK Singles Chart.
- Following songs failed to chart in either nation, but he continued to record, releasing three albums.
- IIn the 1980s, he generally ceased creating music and focused on acting for the better part of a decade. Garrett resumed back to music in the 1990s, contributing vocals for The Crybaby’s interpretation of Smells Like Teen Spirit.
- In 1999, Lief established the band Godspeed with Christopher Damerst and Michael Scott. Garrett’s private label, Tongue and Groove Records, released a three-song, but the band disintegrated only after a few shows.
- In 1969, he made his film debut in the comedy Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice.
- In the CBS series Three for the Road, Garret played Endy Karras, which provided him a big boost in his career.
- In 1977, he launched his debut record album, Leif Garrett, which catapulted him to popularity as a teen idol.
- In the years thereafter, he has struggled with substance misuse difficulties, including drug addiction, which he has openly disclosed.
- He dated Nicollette Sheridan from 1979 to 1985.
- In his biography, Garret chronicled his sad life.
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States.