The Spanish footballer known as Koke is a midfielder for La Liga club Atlético Madrid, which he captains, as well as the Spanish national team. In Madrid, Spain, he joined Atlético Madrid’s youth academy at the age of eight and graduated eight years later in 2008. As a result of his performance for Atlético Madrid B, the youngster made his debut on 19 September 2009, playing as a substitute in a 2-5 defeat to FC Barcelona.
After making his debut with the first team in 2009, he has played over 500 competitive matches and won the 2013–14 and 2020–21 La Liga, two Europa League titles, and two UEFA Super Cups, while he was also a Champions League runner-up in 2014 and 2016. In 2013, Koke was a member of the Spanish under-21 team that won the European Championship. During that year, he also made his full-team debut and represented the country at two World Cups and as many European Championships.
Koke (Jorge Resurreccion Merodio) Bio/Wiki
The WoodGram team presents the full story of a football genius known by his full name; Jorge Resurreccion Merodio.
In Koke’s Childhood Story, we have included both his Untold Biography Facts as well as a full account of notable events that occurred from his childhood time to his adulthood time. There is a detailed analysis of his early life, family background, life story before fame, rise to fame, relationship, lifestyle, and personal life, etc.
The truth is, everyone knows that Koke is one of the best-attacking midfielders Europe has ever seen, a successor to Xavi who has a great eye for goals. Even so, there are only a few football fans who pay attention to Koke’s biography, which is quite fascinating. Let us get going now, without further ado.
Rodrigo De Paul Biography, Age, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
In order to start off, his full name is Jorge Resurreccion Merodio. Known affectionately by his father, Eugenio ResurrecciOn, as “Koke”, he was born on the 8th day of January 1992 in Madrid, Spain to his mother, Mrs. Merodio, as well as his father, Mr. ResurrecciOn.
Koke was born in Colonia de Los Taxistas, a suburb of Madrid well known as the birthplace of Spanish striker, Alvaro Negredo. The town is just 14 kilometers southeast of the center of Madrid, just off the beaten path.
In light of Koke’s father’s name “Resurrection”, whose meaning in the English language is “resurrection”, you can easily guess he was born into a Roman Catholic household.
In short, the name “Koke” is simply a nickname that originates from Koke’s elder brother. The Spaniard began his life as a member of a middle-class family household. Eugenio, Koke’s father, worked as a worker at a factory located in Madrid and his mother was a housekeeper who ensured the well-being of all members of the family, including her beloved son, Koke.
Koke did not just grow up in his family’s house alone. Among his siblings, there were two brothers and three sisters. Koke has always been close to his older brother, who is also his big brother since they were children.
The two brothers did not inherit the third eye or what is often referred to as the “Creative Instinct” that famous players like Santi Cazorla and David Silva brought with them from South Spain. Instead, Koke started out by molding things into soccer balls, which he played at home with his brother.
When they played on local pitches with their friends, both brothers exemplified family traits such as being “humble” and very dedicated to building a successful career for themselves.
Unfortunately, it was able to be only Koke who made progress with his football at the local fields of Colonia de Los Taxistas. Having put in a lot of effort, Koke was able to gain a place at the Atletico academy as a result of his efforts.
At the age of eight, Koke’s passion for soccer led him to enroll in the Atletico Madrid Academy, where he was able to develop his skills. It was his encounter with Fernando Tones, who had just joined the Atletico Madrid senior team in the year 2001, that will always remain in his memory as one of his most memorable experiences with the club.
In his long quest to become a professional with the club, Cooke looked up to Torres as a role model. Despite his promising early career as a footballer, he possessed a steely determination to make his dreams come true. Even though Koke was the smallest among his age group as shown in the picture below, his ambitions to achieve the highest level of excellence didn’t go unnoticed.
During his time at Atletico, Koke continued to mature. Not only did he see himself growing up quickly, he also saw that he settled well into life at the Academy. Through all of the age groups, Koke showed a serene progression. It was exactly on the 19th of September 2009 that his professional dreams were realized with the Atletico Madrid senior team.
A year later, in 2009, Koke cemented his reputation as a future star of the Spanish national team. The reason for this is that he played a key role in ensuring that his U-17 Spanish national team finished third at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. It was during the 2012/2013 season that Koke played alongside other notables like Arda Turan, which was the ideal season for him.
Koke was one of the indispensable players in Atletico Madrid’s senior squad this season. In this season, he played a crucial role in winning the Copa del Rey.
Koke’s consistently impressive performances continued following his achievement, and he again played a significant role on both the national and club sides. Koke helped his teammates win the 2013 Spanish U21 UEFA European Championship.
Koke’s superb passing and attacking abilities helped his Atletico Madrid team win the La Liga title just one year later in 2014. Xav: was set to retire from the Spanish squad at the time of Koke’s career peak.
An aging Xavi decided to make Koke his successor on the national team since he was the only midfielder who had created more goalscoring chances.
This was the highest praise Koke had ever received from a legend who saw him as a lookalike of his own self. Additionally, Koke received praise from his peers, including his club, which extended his contract in front of his family and loved ones.
Just like Fernando Torres, Koke will always be remembered as a legend of Athletico Madrid. As they say, the rest is history.
It is true that Koke’s endearing qualities, which include handsomeness, loyalty, hard work, and humility, will not make him a darling lover. In the beautiful person of Beatriz Espejel, a glamorous WAG stands behind the successful Spaniard.
Beatriz Espejel Jimenez was born to Felix Espejel Munoz and Beatriz Espejel Jimenez. David, her younger brother, plays football like her man. Koke probably met her because of this.
Beatriz is a teacher of English at Albany School at the time of writing. As a model, she has an outstanding reputation for modeling without makeup.
While she is Spanish, Beatriz’s ability to speak English is due to her double degree in Education and Foreign Language Teaching, which she received in 2010 from Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Beatriz Espejel and Koke Espejel were recently married in a ceremony described as emotional. According to their social media accounts, they were married in May 2018. Beatriz and Koke have remained one of the most established couples at Atletico. Their favorite summer getaway is the Spanish island and waters of Ibiza.
As seen above, Espejel is incredibly affectionate with Koke, whom she calls her “prince”. Get to know Koke’s personal life facts you might not have known. In the beginning, Koke possesses an inner state of independence, one that has allowed him to progress in his personal life.
Someone who is responsible, disciplined, has self-control and applies time and responsibility in his daily life affairs. The working-class Spanish community of Vallecas is exemplified by Koke’s parents. His family and community are made up of working-class people who are humble and have plenty of value.
Currently, Koke’s parents are reaping the benefits of instilling a tough mentality in their sons. Both sons have enjoyed great success in their careers. In a similar manner to his dedication to Atletico Madrid, Koke ensures that his parents are comfortable.
Lucas Hernandez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
I provided my parents with everything they need, even a mansion in Madrid. My father received health care and my mother saw a physical therapist when her joints became painful. They can let me know what they need, and I always find a way to provide it.”
In an interview with El Pais, Koke said. Koke also extends such care to his grandparents, in addition to his parents. Little is known about Koke’s sisters, aside from his parents and brother. It is clear, however, that he enjoys avoiding any spotlight on them.
Getting to know Koke’s lifestyle facts would give you a better understanding of him. Firstly, Koke isn’t the type of Millionaire footballer who lives the Lavish Lifestyle easily noticeable by a couple of pretty impressive cars, booze, and pretty girls.
Koke (Jorge Resurreccion Merodio) Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
As of May 2017, the central midfielder has a salary of 16 million Euros (14.2 million pounds) per year with Atletico Madrid. According to our calculations, he earns €79,318 (£70,328) per day and €3,305 (£2,930) per hour.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€135 million (£120 million)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||16 million Euros (14.2 million Pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€1,333,333 (£1,159,420)|
|Per Week Salary||€307,692 (£267,559)|
|Per Day Salary||€43,836 (£38,118)|
|Per Hour Salary||€1,825 (£1,587)|
|Per Minute Salary||€30 (£26)|
|Current Contract||With Atlético de Madrid|
|Contract Signed||Jan 1, 2011|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$77.00 Million|
|Market Value||$38.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$77.00 Million (Jan 1, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
The Spaniard was a product of the Atlético Madrid youth system and has made more than 400 appearances for the Los Rojiblancos. The midfielder’s net worth is close to €135 million (£120 million); he is one of the best players in his position, with a market value of over $38.50 million.
Florian Neuhaus Biography, Age, Height, Family, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Koke (Jorge Resurreccion Merodio) In FIFA 22
At the age of 30, Koke is a midfielder for Atlético de Madrid in Spain. According to FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 85 and a potential rating of 85. He has a 3-star skill moves to rate. His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His workrates are Medium / Medium. According to our database, Koke stands 176 cm tall and weighs 77 kg. At the moment, Koke is playing with the numbers 8 and 6.
Koke FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|85 ||Crossing||80 ||Dribbling|
|61 ||Heading Accuracy||76 ||FK Accuracy|
|86 ||Short Passing||84||Long Passing|
|56 ||Volleys||83 ||Ball Control|
|82 ||Shot Power||72||Acceleration|
|59||Jumping||69 ||Sprint Speed|
|79||Aggression||14 ||GK Diving|
|83||Interceptions||12 ||GK Handling|
|81||Positioning||5 ||GK Kicking|
|84 ||Vision||10 ||GK Positioning|
- He was born in Madrid. His Atlético Madrid youth career began when he was eight years old; on 19 September 2009, he made his first-team debut, playing as a substitute in the second half of a 2–5 away loss to FC Barcelona.
- During the season, he made three more appearances.
- He scored his first league goal for Atlético against Sevilla FC on 26 February 2011 – a 47th-minute header off an assist from Diego Forlán that made it 1–1 in an eventual 2–2 home draw.
- After his first full season as a professional, he scored two goals (the other came in a 2–2 draw at RCD Espanyol), helping Colchoneros finish seventh and qualify for the UEFA Europa League.
- He again played an important role in Atlético’s midfield in 2011–12, under both Gregorio Manzano and Diego Simeone.
- He scored his first league goal of the campaign on 29 April 2012, opening the scoring in the 62nd minute of a 2–2 away draw against Real Betis.
- The midfielder played in 13 matches during the club’s successful Europa League run, including a 90th-minute cameo in the 3–0 win over Athletic Bilbao in the final.
- During 2012-2013, Koke, aged 20/21, started in 38 of his 48 official appearances and scored three goals – including 112 minutes of play in the Copa del Rey final against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu. Furthermore, he began to excel in passing, either through set pieces or open play.
- Koke scored his first goal of the new season on 1 September, helping Real Sociedad to a 2–1 away win.
- In October, he won the La Liga Player of the Month award, while Simeone won the managerial award.
- He scored two goals to help his team draw 2–2 with Real Madrid in the Derbi madrile*o on 3 March 2014.
- Koke scored his first UEFA Champions League goal on 9 April 2014 in a quarter-final against Barcelona. His goal sent Atlético to the semi-finals for the first time since 1974.
- Atlético won the domestic league title for the first time in 18 years after drawing 1–1 at Camp Nou with Barcelona in the final matchday; he was nominated as an attacking midfielder at the La Liga Awards but lost to Andrés Iniesta.
- As of 25 June 2014, Koke has signed a five-year contract with Atlético.
- On 4 November, he scored the first goal of their 2–0 win against Malmö FF to earn Player of the Match honors.
- On 18 March of the following year, he had his attempt saved by Bernd Leno in a penalty shootout against Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the Round of 16.
- By the middle of November, Koke had scored one goal and not recorded an assist.
- As of the middle of April 2016, he had equaled his season’s assist record of 12; later in the month, he surpassed it, moving to first place in the assists chart ahead of Barcelona’s Luis Suárez, and was voted Player of the Month for the second time.
- Koke was sent off for the first time in his career on 23 October 2016, for two yellow cards in a 0-1 loss to Sevilla.
- He signed a new five-year contract on 24 May.
- Two months after turning 26, he made his 361st appearance for Atlético against Deportivo de La Coru*a on 1 April 2018.
- In his 400th official match for the club, Koke became the youngest player to do so, at the age of 27, scoring once and providing one assist in a 3–0 away win over SD Huesca. In the summer, he became the team captain after Diego Godin left.
- On 23 June 2020, Koke played his 450th game in a 1–0 away win against Levante UD, again the youngest to reach that figure for the club.
- The following 12 May, as his side neared the league title, he made his 500th appearance in a 2–1 home victory over Real Sociedad, a feat only done before by Abelardo Rodríguez.
- In 2011, Koke was a member of the Spain Under-20 squad that reached the quarter-finals of the FIFA World Cup in Colombia.
- In the last-16 penalty shootout against South Korea, he missed, but his team nevertheless advanced to the next round.
- Spanish soccer player Koke made his Olympic debut for the country at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, where he played all three games as the tournament ended at the group stage for the nation.
- He also represented the under-21s at the 2013 UEFA European Championship and was named to the team of the tournament as Spain won the competition by beating Italy 4-2 in the final in Jerusalem.
- Koke made his first appearance for the senior team on the 14th of August 2013 when he replaced Santi Cazorla for the final 12 minutes of a 2–0 friendly win against Ecuador.
- It was on 6 September of that year that Berahino made his competitive debut for La Furia Roja, as he played the full 90 minutes in a FIFA World Cup 2014 qualifier in Finland that ended in a 2–0 win for La Furia Roja.
- In addition to being named in Spain’s provisional 30-man squad for the 2014 World Cup, Koke was also named in Spain’s final 30-man squad for the tournament.
- On 19 June, he made his debut in the tournament by replacing Xabi Alonso at the halftime interval as the champions trailed 0–2 to Chile in the second group game at the Maracana, but the scoreline could not be changed and the champions were eliminated. It was in the final match, a 3–0 win over Australia, that he started.
- Koke has also been selected by manager Julen Lopetegui for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- During the round of 16 shootouts against the hosts, when Spain lost 3–4 in Moscow on 1 July, he was one of two Spanish players to miss his attempt.
- As Koke returned to international duty for the first time in two years without being capped, he captained his country for the first time in a 1–1 friendly draw away to the Netherlands on 11 November 2020.
- He was included in the 24-man squad for Euro 2020 in May of the following year.
Sergio Agüero Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Koke (Jorge Resurreccion Merodio)
- It all happened one October evening, the day Koke was once robbed at gunpoint in a Madrid car park in Chamberi (a district in the center of Madrid).
- In his car, he was approached by an armed robber on a motorbike who pointed a gun at him and demanded he surrenders.
- The gunman asked for the gunman’s fancy watch, reportedly valued at $77,000, to be confiscated. In order to save his life, Koke surrounded the thief with the watch.
- Atletico has won every possible title available to them, except for the second most prestigious in European club football.
- Koke has played and lost two of its finals in the Champions League.
- The Spanish parents continue to name their children according to Spanish custom.
- Merodio is his mother’s middle name. Before getting married to Eugenio, his mom had this surname from her family.
Why is Koke a nickname?
The name “Koke” is just a nickname that originated from Koke’s elder brother.
How old is Koke?
What position is Koke?
Who does Koke play for?
- Spain national football team
- Atlético de Madrid
A look at Koke’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Koke in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Koke’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Spanish Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Koke, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Spanish Football Stories from WoodGram.
Luka Modrić Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Awards, Net Worth & Wiki