Koena Mitra is a well-known Indian actress, model, and Television Personality who is known for her work in Bollywood, Bengali, and Tamil film industries. She is popular for her item number “Saaki Saaki” and is known as ‘The Saki Girl.
Koena Mitra was born in a Bengali Family on 7 January 1984 in Kolkata, West Bengal. Her father’s name is Vishwanath Mitra, a chartered accountant, and Her mother’s name is Krishna Mitra, a school teacher. She has a younger sister. Koena was in a relationship with the Turkish pilot Mette Merral.
Koena Mitra Wiki/Bio[table id=2286 /]
Koena Mitra completed her schooling at South Point School in Kolkata. Later, she completed an MA in Psychology from Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata. She has taken a short course in filmmaking from Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, Los Angeles.
Koena began her modeling career when she was still in school. In 2003, she won the beauty pageant Gladrags Mega Model India. She was the first runner up of the Miss Intercontinental Pageant 2003, which took place in Germany. She has performed in the commercials for some popular brands like ACP Whisky, Mirinda, Clinic All Clear, Maruti Alto and has walked the ramp for many fashion weeks in Milan and Beijing.
Koena Mitra Net Worth
Koena Mitra has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2023.[table id=2287 /]
- In 2019, Poonam Sethi filed a case against Koena claiming that Koena had borrowed money from Poonam and had failed to return it. Koena gave Poonam the check of Rs. 3 lakhs which bounced at the bank. Later, Poonam sent Koena a legal notice, to which Koena didn’t respond. After the hearing of the case, the metropolitan court held Koena guilty and sentenced her to 6 months of simple imprisonment including the sum of Rs. 4.64 Lakh including the interest component of 1.64 Lakh, which she had to pay to Poonam. According to Koena, the case was completely fake and she was being framed in the matter.
- In August 2017, Koena Mitra was troubled by abusive calls from a person, who had been calling her from unknown numbers. Hence, she registered a case against the person, and the case was booked under section 509 (word, gesture, or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC.
- She was badly criticized for undergoing a disastrous nose job in 2010. Due to this, she lost many projects.
- In 2009, there were rumors that she took money for appearing in Jharkhand’s CM’s rally. But later CBI officials denied the rumors.
Before starting her acting career, Koena Mitra had appeared in the music videos of the songs such as Stereo Nation’s Ishq, Aaj Ki Raat, Akh Teri, and Channo by Jasbir Jassi.
She made her first Bollywood appearance in the film “Road” (2002), in which she appeared in the song “Khullam Khulla.” Her Bollywood debut as an actor was with Sanjay Gupta’s “Musafir” (2004), in which she played the role of ‘Lara.’
After that, she appeared in few more Bollywood films such as Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena, Insan, Apna Sapna Money Money, and Anamika among others. Except for Musafir, all her films failed at the box-office and she failed to find any roles for herself in Bollywood.
Hence, she turned towards the South Indian film industry and made her Tamil film debut through the film titled Asal in 2010. She played a supporting role in the film. She was out of the scheme of things for few years after that and returned to the silver screen 5 years later with a Bengali film titled Besh Korechi Prem Korechi. In 2019, she participated in the reality show Bigg Boss season 13.[table id=2289 /]
Facts About Koena Mitra
- Koena’s name is the typology of the bond between her and her mother, as her name is obtained from the Koyna River, a tributary of the river Krishna.
- In the year 2009, she performed for the first time in a Tamil movie “Ayan” in the item number ‘Honey Honey.’
- Koena is a fitness freak and also an animal lover.
- Mitra went under the knife and got a nose job done in 2010. However, it did not go well.
- She went to Los Angeles to learn filmmaking and improve her acting skills in 2011.
- Koena is highly religious and is a devotee of Goddess Durga and Lord Krishna.
Koena Mitra was eliminated from Bigg Boss 13 during the double evictions last week. While the actress says she was deserving to be eliminated because her priority was reality and she failed to make connections inside the house, she seemed a bit off with Salman Khan.
Bollywood actress, Koena Mitra’s filmy career came to a sudden and abrupt end when her plastic surgery went wrong.
Koena Mitra was evicted from the show in the second week itself. She has said she regrets her decision to be a part of the controversial reality show that Salman Khan has been hosting for long.
39 years old (7 January 1984).