Keira Knightley is a British actress and model. She is renowned for her films like ‘Bend It Like Beckham’ and ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl’. She appeared in the entertainment industry at a very young age. Grew up in Richmond, London, she used to represent in several local amateur productions like ‘After Juliet’. She appeared on television for the first time in the ‘Royal Celebration’. After that, she showed in a number of television films like ‘A Village Affair’ and ‘Coming Home’, to name a few.
Her physical resemblance with celebrated actress Natalie Portman received her a presence in the film ‘Star Wars: Episode One The Phantom Menace’. It was a turning point in her acting career. As a full-time actress, she performed in films like ‘Pure’, a British film unfolding the story of drug addicts. She has also acted in the sequels of the film ‘The Pirates of the Caribbean’. Apart from acting, she has done modeling assignments for a number of famous brands. A beneficiary of the Golden Globe award, she was also nominated for an Academy Award for her outstanding performance in the film ‘Pride and Prejudice’.
Keira Knightley Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Keira Christina Knightley|
|Age||(as in 2023) 38 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Teddington, London, UK|
|Date of Birth||26 March 1985|
|Mother’s Name||Sharman Macdonald (Playwright)|
|Father’s Name||Will Knightley (Theatre and TV actor)|
|Brother||Caleb Knightley (Older Brother)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Del Synnott (2001-2003) – Keira started dating British actor Del when she met him on the set of 2001 TV movie Princess of Thieves. The relationship went for two years when the duo finally broke out in 2003.|
• Jamie Dornan (2003-2005) – Irish actor, Jamie Dornan (he is 6 inches taller than her) first met Keira in New York during a photo shoot. She again dated him for 2 years from August 2003 to August 2005. It was reported that the Irish actor had a hard time handling Knightley’s success.
• Adrien Brody (2005) – After the actors Keira and Adrien Brody met on the set of The Jacket (2005), they started dating each other. At that time, they were filming the movie in Scotland. The relationship was live only for the duration of the movie shooting.
• Rupert Friend (2005-2010) – Now, this time the relationship went longer than before. Another English actor, Rupert Friend did friendship with her and dated her after they both met on the set of 2005 movie Pride & Prejudice. They didn’t start dating until the film shooting had wrapped up. They finally separated in November 2010.
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||James Righton– British musician, who plays keyboard for the rock band Klaxons got introduced to Knightley via Alexa Chung, their mutual friend. They started dating in 2011 and the dating relationship converted into engagement on May 25, 2012.|
|Marriage Date||4 May 2013 in Mazan, Vaucluse, South of France.|
|Children||Daughter- Edie (b. May 2015)|
|School||Stanley Junior School|
|College/University||Esher College in Elmbridge, England|
|Brands Endorsed||• Asprey Diamonds in 2003|
• Lux (Japanese brand)
• American Library Association’s “Read” program
• She has appeared in numerous commercials and print ads for Chanel Coco’s perfumes.
• Knightley has served as the spokesperson for the Amnesty International charity.
|Career Manager||United Agents Ltd.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 54 kg|
in pounds- 119 lbs
|Breast Size||32 Inches|
|Hips Size||33 Inches|
|Waist Size||23 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White, She is of English descent on her father’s side and has Welsh and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Favorite Music||The English Riviera (By Metronomy)|
Songs of Love and Hate (By Leonard Cohen)
|Favorite Book||The Passion (By Jeanette Winterson and Donna Ball)|
The Sun Also Rises (By Ernest Hemingway)
The Old Man and the Sea (By Ernest Hemingway)
|Favorite Films||Little Miss Sunshine (2006)|
True Grit (2010)
Black Swan (2010)
Blue Valentine (2010)
|Favorite Designers ||A.P.C|
|Favorite Actor||Johnny Depp|
|Controversies||In April 2009, Knightley appeared in a video to raise awareness of domestic abuse entitled Cut shot for Women’s Aid. The video created controversy, with some sources calling it too graphic, while other groups support the video for showing a realistic depiction of domestic violence.|
Born in Teddington, London, Keira Knightley is the daughter of Will Knightly, a TV actor, and Sharman Macdonald, a renowned playwright. She also has an elder brother. She received her early education from Stanley Junior School. She received medical treatment for dyslexia when she was very young. Due to this, she faced difficulty in school.
She made her television debut in the ‘Royal Celebration’, which was aired in 1993.
After acting in the television film ‘A Village Affair’ in 1995, she portrayed the role of a German Princess in ‘The Treasure Seekers’. In 1998, she appeared in another television film ‘Coming Home’. In the same year, she played the role of Sabe, a handmaiden in the film ‘Star Wars: Episode One The Phantom Menace’.
She continued her studies along with acting in the television film ‘Princess of Thieves’ in 2001. After completing her school examination in 2001, she acted in the film ‘Bend It Like Beckham’. At that time, she was attending Esher College where she studied art, history, and literature. She left her studies after one year to concentrate on her acting career.
In May 2012, Knightley announced her engagement to British musician James Righton of the Klaxons. She and Righton wed in early May 2013, and Knightley gave birth to their first child in May 2015, a daughter named Edie.
In addition to acting, Knightley has worked as a model, appearing in ads for companies like Chanel. Unlike other actresses of her generation, Knightley doesn’t crave the nightlife and instead prefers to cook for friends when she has free time.
Keira Knightley Net Worth
Keira Knightley has a net worth of $80 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023||$80 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$60 million|
|Previous Year’s Net Worth (2021)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, model|
So far, Knightley’s highest-grossing film is Star Wars: Episode I–The Phantom Menace (1999), with a lifetime gross of $474,544,677. Her other high-grossing films include Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006), with a lifetime gross of $423,315,812; Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007), with a lifetime gross of $309,420,425; and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003); with a lifetime gross of $305,413,918, according to Box Office Mojo.
Keira Knightley Movies And TV Shows
- Knightley had her first professional acting job at the age of seven and went on to make a string of appearances on British television. In her mid-teens, she landed her first major role in the film Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace (1999).
- That same year, Knightley had a supporting role in the television miniseries Oliver Twist with Sam Smith, Julie Walters, and Robert Lindsay.
- In 2002 Knightley had a career breakthrough with Bend It Like Beckham. She played tomboy soccer player Juliette “Jules” Paxton in this surprise hit.
- She also showed herself to be a risk-taker that same year, playing the female lead in the TV film Doctor Zhivago. Knightley tackled a role that Julie Christie made famous in the 1962 feature film.
- Knightley landed her first blockbuster hit in 2003 with Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Based on a ride at Disneyland, this adventure tale starred Johnny Depp as the notorious pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow.
- Knightley’s character, Elizabeth Swann, got caught up in the action along with Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), and she reprised her role in the film’s 2006 and 2007 sequels.
- With her classic good looks, Knightley became the go-to girl for period dramas. She played Guinevere in 2004’s King Arthur with Clive Owen and Ioan Gruffudd. The following year, Knightley starred in a screen adaptation of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, directed by Joe Wright.
- She earned an Academy Award nomination for her work in the film. Then in 2008, Knightley played the title character in The Duchess, a biopic of an 18th-century royal.
- “I do a lot of period pieces because that’s my taste because I want to work in Europe because that’s my home and generally speaking that’s what’s made in England,” Knightley later said in a 2015 New York Times interview. “I love history, you know, but actually because they’ve been the most interesting characters for me that I’ve been offered.”
- Knightley has nonetheless handled historical, contemporary, and futuristic roles with equal ease. She appeared in the popular ensemble dramatic comedy Love Actually (2003).
- Knight later co-starred in the quiet science-fiction tale Never Let Me Go (2010) with Andrew Garfield and Carey Mulligan, and then portrayed real-world pioneering psychoanalyst Sabina Spielren in A Dangerous Method (2011).
- Knightley continued to tackle a variety of roles. In 2012 she appeared opposite Steve Carell in the apocalyptic tale Seeking a Friend for the End of the World and also returned to sumptuous period garb to star in Anna Karenina. Jude Law plays Anna’s repressed husband in the film and Aaron Taylor-Johnson co-stars as Anna’s lover.
- The actress went on to work in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014), a spy thriller following the life of the popular CIA analyst character of the same name. Chris Pine was cast as Ryan while Knightley portrayed fiancée Cathy.
- In 2014 Knightley also co-starred in the music comedy/drama Begin Again with Mark Ruffalo and the romantic comedy Laggies. During the fall, she was featured as a code-breaking whiz in the WWII drama The Imitation Game, earning both Golden Globe and Oscar nominations for Supporting Actress.
- The following year, Knightley made her Broadway debut in the play Thérèse Raquin, based on the 1867 Émile Zola novel about a beleaguered married woman who goes down an illicit path.
|1995 ||Innocent Lies|
|1996||The Treasure Seekers|
|1999||Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace|
Princess of Thieves
Bend It Like Beckham
New Year’s Eve
The Seasons Alter
|2003||Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl|
|2004 ||King Arthur|
Pride & Prejudice
|2006||Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest|
|2007||Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End|
|2008||The Edge of Love|
|2009||The Continuing and Lamentable Saga of the Suicide Brothers|
|2010||Never Let Me Go|
|2011||A Dangerous Method|
|2012||Seeking a Friend for the End of the World|
|2013||Once Upon a Time|
|2014||Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit|
The Imitation Game
|2016 ||Collateral Beauty|
|2017||Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales|
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
Berlin, I Love You
(Not Released) Silent Night
TV Shows & Serials List
|1995||A Village Affair|
|1996 ||The Treasure Seekers|
|1998 ||Coming Home|
|1999 ||Oliver Twist|
|2001 ||Princess of Thieves|
|2002 ||Doctor Zhivago|
|2007||Robbie the Reindeer in Close Encounters of the Herd Kind|
|2017||Red Nose Day Actually|
- She had dyslexia when in school and so found difficulty in reading the words fluently. She was helped to overcome the difficulties with dyslexia at 6.
- Due to her dyslexia problem, she focused more on an acting career.
- Keira supports West Ham United Supporter Football club.
- She could also be heard in the video game version of the Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003 as she narrated the scenes in that game.
- She has been featured in the music video Don’t Wanna Let You Go by 5ive in 2000.
- In 1999, Keira portrayed the role of Polly in the radio adaptation of the 1853 novel Villette. This novel was broadcasted as a three-hour radio serial on BBC Radio 4.
- She loves to collect shoes.
- As per Daily Mail, she earned £1.5 million in 2012 but spent only £30,000 on herself like clothes, shoes, and all the other expenses. The questions started arising if she was living a cheap life.
- She is not on social media.
Glatzer Died Of Complications From Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis In 2015. “The Film Is Part Of The Amazing Love Story Between Those Two Men,” Says Knightley. “They Wanted To Make This Together For So Long. We All Felt That Richard Was Very Present.
Both Actresses Entered Our Collective Consciousness Around The Same Time, So We Could Be Forgiven For Thinking They Were One And The Same Or At Least Long-lost Sisters. Turns Out, They’re Not. Portman (Left), The Star Of Such Films As “Star Wars” And “Black Swan” Was Born In Israel.
Even Though She Made A Brief Return To The Series In Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Keira Knightley Does Not Expect To Set Sail For The High Seas Again As A Part Of The Franchise. According To The Los Angeles Times, Her Reasoning Is That The Films Simply Take Too Long To Shoot.