Kanika Kapoor is a popular female singer in the Bollywood music industry. She was born in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in a middle-class family at the age of 12 she started learning classical music under musician ‘Ganesh Prasad Mishra’. Kanika is a famous Bollywood singer who does not need any introduction. Because she made this charm by her efforts, dedication, and her devotion to music, now she is the more promising singer of today’s time in Bollywood. She is getting counted as the top female singers. After lots of struggle and hard work, she attained this position. Currently, she lives in London, and for song recording and other music concerns she moves between India and England. She was accompanied by him to classical concerts in India. She is one of the famous playback singers in India today and got fame after an item song in the movie ‘Ragini MMS 2’ song- Baby Doll.
She started her professional singing career in 2001 with a video album named ‘Jugni Ji’ and from there she never looks back. In 1997, she got married to Raj Chandok a business person in London. Kanika Kapoor has 3 kids with Raj Chandok but due to some personal reasons, they got separated. She was won many awards for popular songs like- Baby Doll, Lovely, Kamli, Desi Look, etc which has millions of views on youtube. She is living a very happy and prosperous life with her children in India now after getting divorced from Raj Chandok in 2012. She has all the happiness and stardom in life that any superstar wants. Recently She Married To Gautam Hathiramani On 20 May 2022.
Kanika Kapoor Bio/ Wiki
|Birth Name||Kanika Kapoor|
|Age||(as in 2023) 42 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Birth||23 March 1981|
|Residence||She lives at a small apartment in Knightsbridge, London|
|Home Town||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Shopping, Travelling|
|Mother's Name||Poonam Kapoor (runs a boutique)|
|Father's Name||Rajeev Kapoor (Runs his family business of electrical trading)|
|Brother||Sasha (Elder, owns a company in London)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Dr. Raj Chandok (m. 1997–2012)|
Gautam Hathiramani (20 May 2022)
|School||Loreto Convent, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||BA & MA in Music from Bhatkhande Music Institute in Lucknow|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters: 165 cm|
in meters: 1.65 m
in feet inches: 5' 5"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms: 56 kg|
in pounds: 123 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Actors||Bollywood: Hrithik Roshan|
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio
|Favourite Sweet||Dish Kesar Jalebi|
|Favourite Food||Aloo Paratha|
|Favourite Musicians||A. R. Rahman, Vishal-Shekhar, Beyonce, Shakira, Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez, and Justin Bieber|
|Favourite Lyricist||Shabbir Ahmed|
|Favourite Designers||Peter Dundas, Christian Laqua, Rohit Bal, Manish Malhotra|
|Favourite Singers||Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, Justin Bieber|
|Controversies||Singer & Music Producer Dr. Zeus expressed his disappointment when he was not credited as the producer of the song "Baby Doll Main Sone Di," Kanika's debut Bollywood song. In a radio interview, he said that the fruits of all his hard work were reaped by Meet Bros., who were unfairly given the credits for the song.|
Family, Education & More
Her father, Rajeev Kapoor is a businessman, and her mother, Poonam Kapoor, is a boutique owner. She was born and brought up in a Khatri family from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh where she also studied music.
At the age of 12, Kapoor started to study classical music under musician Pandit Ganesh Prasad Mishra from Varanasi and was accompanied by him to classical concerts around India.
Kapoor participated in many music competitions at school in her childhood.
At the age of 15, she did a stint with All India Radio and also accompanied bhajan singer Anup Jalota in his shows. She did her B.A. and then Masters in music from Bhatkhande Music Institute in Lucknow. She then moved to Mumbai to pursue her music career.
Kanika Kapoor Net Worth
Kanika Kapoor estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Kanika Kapoor in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$8.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$7 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Pop Singer|
According to Various Online resources, famous Pop Singer Kanika Kapoor’s net worth is $8.5 Million at the age of 42 years old. She earned the money being a professional Pop Singer. She is from India.
Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Baby Doll (Remix Version)
Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (MBA Swag)
Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (Remix)
Chhil Gaye Naina
Desi Look (Remix)
We Could Be Heroes (Recreated Song)
Nachan Farrate (MB Swag)
Jugni Peeke Tight Hai (Version 1)
Jab Chaye Tera Jadoo
Neendein Khul Jaati Hain
Super Girl From China
|2016||Jawaani Le Doobi|
Ishq Samundar (Reloaded)
Da Da Dasse
Teri Kamar Ko
Beat Pe Booty
Dana Kata Pori
Tutak Tutak Tutiya (Title Song)
Resham Da Rumaal
Abhagi Piya Ki
|2018||Galla Goriyaa/Aaja Soniye|
Chodd Doya (unplugged)
Kanika Kapoor Found Corona “Covid-19” Positive
Earlier on Friday Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor, known for singing hit numbers like ‘Babydoll’ and ‘Desi look’ became the first B-Town celeb to test positive for COVID-19. The singer took to Instagram to share the news with her fans. “For the past 4 days I have had signs of flu, I got myself tested and it came positive for Covid-19,” she wrote.
- Does Kanika Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Kanika Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Kanika is a popular Indian playback singer who is known for some hit Bollywood numbers including “Baby Doll” and “Chhitiyan Kalaiyan.”
- Besides singing, she is also a trained Kathak dancer.
- Kanika was born and brought up into a business-class family in Lucknow.
- In Lucknow, Kanika has a large extended family, comprising of around 150+ members, all living nearby.
Her father, Rajeev Kapoor is the third generation in his family’s business of electrical trading.
- Kanika’s mother, Poonam, is an established exporter of Chikan work and also runs a boutique, called Kalakrutti.
- Her elder brother, Sasha, has his own company in London.
- Kanika’s family has a musical background and her uncle has learned music from the late Pandit Ganesh Mishraji. Kanika would often sit with them together on Sundays and practice.
- Kanika started learning music at a very young age, and when she was only 11 years old, she got an opportunity to sing on the All India Radio (AIR).
- At her Lucknow house, Kanika had converted her garage into a studio, where she would sing and record.
Anup Jalota was her father’s childhood friend, and he would often give her a chance to sing Bhajans in the breaks that he took during his performances.
- It was Anup Jalota who introduced the 16-year-old Kanika to Bollywood folk and helped here sign a three-year contract with Universal Polygram.
- While in Mumbai, Kanika made an album with Lalit Sen but it never released.
- Initially, Kanika had decided never to get married in her life, however, when she met Raj Chandok (best friend of Kanika’s London based cousin) at her cousin’s wedding at Khajuraho, she fell in love with him.
- At the age of 18, Kanika got married to Dr. Raj Chandok and moved to London.
- While in London, Kanika gave up singing; because she wasn’t allowed.
- Talking about her married life in London, Kanika says- I was a normal papad achaar housewife, had three kids and was happily playing a mother to them, till we separated.”
- Kanika also explains about becoming of her an arrogant materialistic woman after being married to a rich man-
- Marriage exposed me to a fancy life of another level and that kind of took over me. I was materialistic, egoistic, vain, and was full of myself, to the extent of being borderline arrogant. The money, the kids, the lifestyle all made me stay with my husband for a long time, till it became too much to go through personally.”
- After happily living for almost 15 years, Kanika and her husband’s relation started growing sour; after she found her husband cheating on her. Both separated in 2010 and finally divorced in 2012.
- After living at the plush apartment in Central London at Mayfair, now, Kanika lives at a small apartment in Knightsbridge in London.
- Kanika also owns a house in Mumbai and has personally supervised for its interior decoration.
- Her elder brother, Sasha, and Harmeet Singh (from the Meet Brothers duo) were classmates at Gwalior’s Scindia School. This is how Kanika Kapoor knows Meet Brothers; in fact, she considers Harmeet & Manmeet as her brothers.
- After her divorce, Kanika moved to India along with her children; however, since her children were not able to adjust in the Indian environment and were getting ill, she moved back to London.
- Kanika is very close to her grandmother and says- Every time we leave Lucknow my Dadi ma puts a red tikka and gives us ₹500.”
- She became popular after the release of her song “Jugni Ji” in 2012. Notably, the track was the remix version of the Pakistani Sufi song “Alif Allah,” which was originally sung by Arif Lohar and Meesha Shafi at the third season of Coke Studio Pakistan (2010).
- According to Kanika, she cannot speak Punjabi properly despite singing a number of songs with Punjabi lyrics.
- Kanika also runs her own fashion brand “Kanika Kapoor: House of Chikankari” to promote the art of embroidery and textile decoration.
- In 2016, she became the brand ambassador of Swiss Watch manufacturer 88 Rue du Rhone.
- In 2015, during Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s visit to the UK, Kanika sang the welcome song.
What Is The Age Of Kanika Kapoor?
Does Kanika Kapoor Have Kids?
They Have Two Daughters, Aayana, And Samara And A Son, Yuvraaj. All Her Kids Have British Citizenship. After A Togetherness Of Around 15 Years, The Couple Split Up In 2010; As Kanika Found Her Husband Cheating On Her. The Couple Got Divorced In 2012.
Who Was Kanika Kapoor Husband?
She Was Married Previously To Raj Chandok (M. 1997–2012). Recently She Married To Gautam Hathiramani On 20 May 2022.
Who Is The Father Of Kanika Kapoor?