Priyanka Chopra is a well-known Indian Actor, Singer, Producer, and Model. She is known for her work in the Bollywood film industry as well as the Hollywood film industry. Priyanka Chopra is the winner of the Miss World title in 2000. Priyanka Chopra is most popular for her beautiful looks and acting skills. She Has Won Several National And International Awards, Including A National Film Award And Five Filmfare Awards. The Government Of India Honoured Her With The Padma Shri in 2016. Her name was included in The 100 Most Influential People In The World. She was also listed in The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2017 and 2018 by Forbes.
Priyanka Chopra was born in a middle-class Hindu family on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Her father Ashok Chopra was a physician in the Indian Army and her mother Madhu Chopra was also a physician in the Indian Army. Her hometown is Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India. She was brought up at various places like Delhi, Chandigarh, Ambala, Ladakh, Lucknow, Bareilly, and Pune because of her parent’s job. Her family and friends call her by different names like Piggy Chops, Mimi, Sunshine, and PC. She has a younger brother Siddharth Chopra who is an entrepreneur.
Earlier, Priyanka Chopra had an affair with a model, Aseem Merchant. She was also in a relationship with celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Harman Baweja, Shah Rukh Khan, Shahid Kapoor, and Nick Jonas. Rumors of Priyanka and Nick Jonas’ affair were doing rounds since early 2018 after they were spotted on a few dates. In July 2018, things began to clear up when Nick accompanied Priyanka on her trip to India. On 18 August 2018, Nick and Priyanka got engaged in Mumbai. Priyanka Chopra got married to Nick Jonas on 2 December 2018 at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur.
Priyanka Chopra Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Priyanka Chopra|
|Nick Name||• Piggy Chops|
|Age||(as in 2020) 38 Years|
|Debut||• Film Debut: Thamizhan (2002, Tamil film), The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003, Bollywood film)|
• TV Debut: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010, as host)
• Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil Film- Thamizhan)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1982|
|Residence||Green Acres at Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hobbies||Singing, Writing Poems, Reading, Photography|
|Mother's Name||Madhu Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Father's Name||Late Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Brother||Siddharth Chopra (Younger)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Aseem Merchant (Model)|
• Akshay Kumar (Actor)
• Harman Baweja (Actor)
• Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, rumor)
• Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
• Nick Jonas (Singer-Songwriter)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||• December 1, 2018 (as per Christian rituals)|
• December 2, 2018 (as per Hindu rituals)
|School||• La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow|
• St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
• Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
• John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
• Army School, Bareilly
|College/University||• Jai Hind College|
• Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai
|Profession||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Pepsi|
• TAG Heuer
• Nirav Modi
• Appy Fizz
• Schmitten Luxury Chocolates
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 169 cm|
in meters- 1.69 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 6½”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg|
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Breast Size||35 inches|
|Hips Size||35 inches|
|Waist Size||28 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Hinduism|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Cars Collection||• Rolls Royce Ghost|
• Porsche Cayenne
• Mercedes Benz E Class
• BMW 7 Series
|Favourite Actress||Rekha and Sushmita Sen|
|Favourite Actors||Matthew McConaughey, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar and Dharmendra|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi|
Hollywood: Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds
|Favourite Songs||"Careless Whispers" by George Micheal, "I Will Always Love You" By Sarah Washington|
|Favourite Books||Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Tell me your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon, Letters from a Father to His Daughter by Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Favourite Food||Risotto, Burgers, French fries, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry, Sarson ka saag, Bourbon biscuits, Red velvet cake|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Prabal Gurung|
|Favourite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Romance|
|Favourite Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination||Paris, Brazil, and Mexico|
Priyanka Chopra completed her studies from La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow; St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly, and Newton North High School; Newton, Massachusetts; John F. Kennedy High School, Cedar Rapids, Lowa; and Army School, Bareilly. She later joined the Jai Hind College, Mumbai, and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai. During her stay in Massachusetts, she started taking part in theatre productions. She also learned Kathak dance, choral singing, and Western classical music.
While Priyanka was in her last year of schooling, she won the title of May Queen beauty contest. In 2000, she took part in the Femina Miss India beauty contest where she ended up as the runner-up. The same year, she was crowned as the Miss World 2000. After winning that title, she received so many offers from the film industry.
Priyanka Chopra made her acting debut in 2002 by playing the lead role of Priya in the Tamil film Thamizhan. She also has sung the song Ullathai Killathe for that film. The film was hit at the box office. In 2003, she got the lead role of Dr. Shaheen Zakaria in her Bollywood debut film, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. She also made her appearance in some music videos like Sajan Mere Satrangiya (2000), Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara (2010), Mind Blowing (2011), and Don’t You Need Somebody (2016).
Priyanka Chopra Net Worth
The round off of Priyanka’s total net worth is a whopping INR 367 crores out of which she also contributes in huge numbers to various charity organizations including her own The Priyanka Chopra Foundation For Health and Education.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||INR 367 crores|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||INR 9-10 crore/film|
|Income Source||Actress, Model, Singer|
- After the gossipy tidbits about her supposed undertaking with Akshay Kumar, she and Akshay Kumar commonly chose not to cooperate post-Waqt.
- After she shared her photo on the cover of Maxim India where the actor looked flawless, it went viral, not because of her beauty but her armpits that many thoughts looked photoshopped without any underarm wrinkles.
- She had a twitter battle with comedian Tanmay Bhat after he mocked her accent just like many others on social media. “When I say @priyankachopra’s name in my head I now automatically pronounce it like “Priyaaaanka Chopruh”,” he tweeted.
- On 1 June 2018, in an episode of the International TV show ‘Quantico,’ Priyanka played the role of an anti-terrorist officer who stopped a nuclear attack in Manhattan just a few days before an India-Pakistan summit. During her investigations, she finds a “Rudraksha” rosary, a religious Hindu symbol on the neck of a suspect to carry out the attack that was devised by Indian nationalists to frame Pakistan in a nuclear terror attack. This stirred controversy as most of the Indians slammed Priyanka for tarnishing the image of India globally. As a measure to control the outrage, she took to her Twitter handle and apologized.
Later in 2003, she starred in the love triangle ‘Andaaz’, alongside Akshay Kumar. Her role in this movie was noted for the glamour quotient she added to the film. In 2004, she starred in the romantic comedy, ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ which proved to be a big commercial success. The same year, she also starred in the thriller ‘Aitraaz’, portraying her first role as an antagonist and received much critical acclaim for her performance.
In 2005, she appeared in two successful ventures, ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ and ‘Bluffmaster’. In 2006, she starred in the superhero film ‘Krrish’, and the action-thriller ‘Don’. Both the films were declared worldwide box-office successes. In the following years, she appeared in several movies including ‘Big Brother’ (2007), ‘Love Story 2050’ (2008), and ‘Drona’ (2008).
In late 2008, she appeared in the movie ‘Fashion’, a drama about the Indian fashion industry. Both, the film and her performance received much appreciation from the critics. She followed this with the comedy ‘Dostana’ which was also a financial success. In 2011, she starred as a femme fatale in black comedy ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ which garnered her much acclaim from critics.
In 2012, she starred in ‘Barfi!’, alongside Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz. Her performance received rave reviews and the film proved to be a major commercial success. The same year, her first international single, ‘In My City’, also debuted, featuring rapper William. In 2013, apart from starring in the hugely successful movie ‘Krrish 3’, she also did two item numbers, ‘Babli Badmaash Hai’ and ‘Ram Chahe Leela’ which became chartbusters.
In 2013, her second single titled ‘Exotic’ was released, featuring American rapper Pitbull in the music video. Her third single, a cover of Bonnie Raitt’s ‘I Can’t Make You Love Me’ was released the following year. In 2014, she appeared as the main lead in ‘Mary Kom’, a biographical film about the five-time female world boxing champion and Olympic bronze medalist, Mary Kom. The film received positive reviews from critics, and her performance was highly praised.
|2003||The Hero: Love Story of a Spy|
Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
Waqt: The Race Against Time
|2006||Taxi No. 9211|
36 China Town
Aap Ki Khatir
|2007||Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love|
Om Shanti Om
|2008||My Name is Anthony Gonsalves|
Love Story 2050
God Tussi Great Ho
What's Your Raashee?
Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai
|2011||7 Khoon Maaf|
Teri Meri Kahaani
|2013||Deewana Main Deewana|
Shootout at Wadala
Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela
|2015||Dil Dhadakne Do|
|2018||A Kid Like Jake|
|2019||Isn't It Romantic?|
The Sky Is Pink
Facts About Priyanka Chopra
- Does Priyanka Chopra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Priyanka Chopra smoke?: Yes
- Though she wanted to make her career in criminal psychology, after winning the Miss India contest, she dropped the idea as she was getting many film offers.
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Ek Haseena Ek Deewana, opposite Govinda, but the film got shelved.
- It was Abhishek Bachchan, who gave her the name Piggy Chops during the shooting of the film Bluffmaster.
- Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Barbie Handa are her cousin sisters who are also actresses in Bollywood.
- She was the original choice for Umrao Jaan in 2006, but due to her busy schedule, the role was done by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Priyanka played 12 different characters (for each zodiac sign) in the film What’s Your Raashee? (2009).
- She is a close friend of Hollywood actor Gerard Butler.
- Priyanka is a gadget freak and loves collecting cameras.
- She is the first Indian actress whose foot impression was taken in Italy’s famous Salvatore Ferragamo Museum.
- Priyanka always carries candies in her purse.
- It is believed that she underwent a series of plastic surgeries to enhance her nose and lips.
- She is an animal lover and adopted a tigress, Durga, and a lioness Sundari, who lives in Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park.
- She was skeptical about signing Quantico in 2015, due to its long duration.
- A few weeks after their marriage, Priyanka and Nick got their Simpsons caricatures by the ‘The Simpsons’ illustrators Stefano Monda and Rino Russo.
- She has a pet dog named Diana. Her dog, Diana, also has an Instagram page with thousands of followers.
How did Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra meet?
The couple meets at an Oscars after-party—and Nick gets on one knee. Both stars attended the Vanity Fair Oscars Party separately, but when Jonas saw Priyanka headed in his direction, he got down on one knee “in front of a bunch of people” and said, “You’re real.
Who is richer Nick or Priyanka Chopra?
While both Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra are quite wealthy, it seems as though Mrs. Jonas might be worth slightly more than her husband. A recent report claims that Chopra’s net worth is around $28 million (combining her Bollywood movie earnings along with her Hollywood salary) while Jonas’s is around $25 million.
Is Priyanka Chopra's career over in Bollywood?
Her successive outings in Hollywood seem timed. This was bound to happen in an industry where racism remains an undertone and not many from the Asian subcontinent have been able to penetrate the glass ceiling. It was amid this scenario that Priyanka was expected to create her own space. While no-one can deny her effort (and a subsequent blast of fame), ultimately, her choice of films and cancellation of her show brings her at crossroads. Bollywood has been unforgiving to actresses on the threshold of 40 and Priyanka is slowly inching towards that phase. In terms of age, she is only two years younger than Kareena Kapoor Khan, but while Kareena can take it easy in matters related to her career, the same cannot be said about the competitive Priyanka. She has now become a producer and has confined herself to producing only regional films, but it won’t be too far fetched to assume a feature film in Hindi is on its way under her own banner.
Which is Priyanka Chopra's best film? Why?
Undoubtedly one of the most entertaining films of Priyanka Chopra’s career is Kaminey, this Indian caper features the actress alongside Shahid Kapoor and Amol Gupte in a tale set over one day involving drugs, corruption, racial injustice, and politics. Set against the backdrop of the Mumbai criminal underworld, this stylish, clever, and innovative film has sparks of genius that, through humor and violence, reminds of Tarantino or Scorsese. It’s one that sticks in the memory thanks to its energy and unique quirks. Chopra gets to play the beguiling Sweety, a political goon’s sister who is feisty, tough, and ready for a fight, refusing to be forced into marriage and determined to protect her lover whose baby she carries. Chopra said of the part, “You don’t get to work in a fantastic movie like Kaminey and play someone like Sweety every day”. She’s right.
How famous is Priyanka Chopra in America?
Priyanka is widely known in the USA. Quantico is a hit show and is watched by millions of people, She was a presenter at the Oscars, at Billboard music awards. She has appeared on some of the most-watched shows in the USA, Jimmy Fallon show, Jimmy Kimmel show, GMA, etc. She has been on the covers of the most famous magazines in the USA like Complex, Instyle, Elle, Times magazine, and Flare.